AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-05, 21:08   Link #21
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan
Sure you can download anime after it gets licensed. You can steal, too. Didn't you know that? O.o;;
Well its only stealing if you get caught.

And CardCaptorMoody you played the game? Well what type of rpg stuff they put in it? I mean of course leveling and you know... general stuff like that. I haven't heard a hole lot.
Old 2004-02-05, 23:09   Link #22
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
hahahaha..... ok... i don't think we should be mentioning things like stealing around the forum but nonetheless its funny.... so i assume since no one mentioned an english version that there isn't one then and that since it is an RPG i won't be able to play it until it does come out in english right?
Old 2004-02-06, 00:20   Link #23
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
hahahaha..... ok... i don't think we should be mentioning things like stealing around the forum but nonetheless its funny.... so i assume since no one mentioned an english version that there isn't one then and that since it is an RPG i won't be able to play it until it does come out in english right?
Well, you can play, but you won't be able to understand what's going on...So, yeah, you'll need to wait until english version is released.Or, you can just learn Japanese. But you can still look at screenshoots!
Old 2004-02-06, 02:12   Link #24
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan
Well, you can play, but you won't be able to understand what's going on...So, yeah, you'll need to wait until english version is released.Or, you can just learn Japanese. But you can still look at screenshoots!
goodness.... can u imagine how long it will take for me to play the game not knowing the language/??????? hahahahahha.... i'll probably keep wondering around and fighting for the next 5 years....... would anyone happen to know when the english version would be out?
Old 2004-02-06, 16:21   Link #25
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Location: Canada, In my basement playing DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION
Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
And CardCaptorMoody you played the game? Well what type of rpg stuff they put in it? I mean of course leveling and you know... general stuff like that. I haven't heard a hole lot.
Well, I am still very early in the game, so i am not 100% of all the alchemy one can get, but you start of with rock. That is to say, you can make stone blocks or jaged rocks come out of the ground (in a sence). I am asuming later on more alchemy options will be earned through level up and/or compleated events. Of course there is the generic RPG items. It basicly feals like a capcom action RPG except with a Square-Enix touch to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
would anyone happen to know when the english version would be out?
Acording to one of the articles on IGN this is a "sure-to-be Japan-only title". HOWEVER, In a later article, they speculate about it being exclusive to japan. I personaly think that this game will probably end up staying a Japan-only game. Even if the anime is licenced, the game will be dated and will probably end up staying there[japan]. Though, Square-Enix might release the game before the licence, wich i think is stupid if this game takes place in between ep. 17-18. So in the end it is around a 50:50 chance, and no one can really know untill an official remark has been made. Just keep your fingers crossed (since i would like to play this game in english as well). Though if you really really want to play the game, get it. I did, and while i can't really understand it 100% (taking Japanese nightschool), i still get the main point they are trying to portray. And as for learning Japanse, trust me, after you start learning it (in a class or other proffesionaly supervised way) then it will be very easy and fast. You can be suprized on how much one can learn if they really want to.
Old 2004-02-06, 21:05   Link #26
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCaptorMoody
Though if you really really want to play the game, get it. I did, and while i can't really understand it 100% (taking Japanese nightschool), i still get the main point they are trying to portray. And as for learning Japanse, trust me, after you start learning it (in a class or other proffesionaly supervised way) then it will be very easy and fast. You can be suprized on how much one can learn if they really want to.
Yeah, I am thinking about it but the thing is I have to find the time and so far, I haven't got the time to do so since i'm working although I know I will pick up really fast since I've been watching so much anime and I know some mandarin so reading would be easier too.... But professional cerification comes first and since my exam is in June I'd better pay attention to those studies first.....
Old 2004-02-06, 23:12   Link #27
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Well, I am still very early in the game, so i am not 100% of all the alchemy one can get, but you start of with rock. That is to say, you can make stone blocks or jaged rocks come out of the ground (in a sence). I am asuming later on more alchemy options will be earned through level up and/or compleated events. Of course there is the generic RPG items. It basicly feals like a capcom action RPG except with a Square-Enix touch to it.
Thanks.
Old 2004-02-10, 14:25   Link #28
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
the show is made by the animation department of square-enix they are not merely sponsors lol. Also from what I have heard because of the series success expect a second season.

Quote:
At the end of the new ep. there was something about a PS2 game so i searched and found this:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/hagaren/
I can't say i am suprized becuause after all, the show is sponsered by the two (well now one) laregest game developer in Japan. After a visit to this website, i am definatly buying this game, though it is a shame it is coming out AFTER christmas, oh well, i found out too late anyways. Well, if anyone findes a nother link with some goodies in it, if you wouldn't mind posting it up i would be very greatfull.

Anyways, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 2004-02-27, 15:17   Link #29
Kingpincollector

I want to play this game, it looks dope.

It would kinda suck not knowing how to read Japanese though. Its so unfair, Japan gets all the good RPGs. There are tons of RPGs I would love to play, if only I knew the langauge. Someone should start a company that just translates the games and releases in the U.S. so we can play them.

Unfortunately, I heard that there are not any plans to release the FMA game stateside in the near future, but if someone picks the series up and it gets really popular here, who knows?
Closed Thread