AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2016-10-17, 10:43   Link #16301
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's totally normal IMO. Yes, Erza is an inhuman monster, but she is up against absolute magic on both ends - her hands are not made of vibranium, ya know!

...that being said, who's to stop Wendy from healing her up in a single panel?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 11:16   Link #16302
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
I suppose so, well maybe the next chapter will answer this.
Oh, I think we can expect Lucy and/or Juvia to show up. I also believe Erza's scolding, plus the sight of Lucy safe and sound, will likely help calm Natsu down (it's even more likely Gray's reunion with Juvia will bring him back to his senses), but I doubt E.N.D. will be taken completely out of the picture. Perhaps this will be a temporary period of calm for Natsu, or perhaps he will be more in control of his demonic powers. That's what I'll be waiting to see.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 11:28   Link #16303
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well more like this seems to be handling why Erza won't be doing anything else this battle. Considering blocking those attacks just utterly wrecked her arms. I know catching these attacks was dramatic...but come on Erza use your brain a little bit. This is what happens when she's constantly told the reasons she wins fights is "such is Erza" she starts thinking she's invincible!
But she is the Invincible Erza. She is going to clown Eileen soon.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-17, 14:44   Link #16304
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well more like this seems to be handling why Erza won't be doing anything else this battle. Considering blocking those attacks just utterly wrecked her arms.
Heh, are we talking about the same Erza here? The same Erza who fought perfectly fine, despite having none of her senses. The same Erza who has repeatedly beaten her opponents in a state of "near death". Her injuries are but flesh wounds, she could have all of her limbs dismembered and still win.

Erza BS aside, what was the point of Natsu v. Grey? This fight has been anticipated since Natsu was revealed to be END, it was nonsensically rushed, and now it seems to have concluded. They threw a few attacks at each other and nothing more, nothing was gained or lost. The fight was completely pointless. Perhaps, they'll resume under different conditions later, but it still doesn't change how poorly this fight was handled.

I swear to God though, if Makarov comes back after all that, I'm quiting...ok probably not, but I'll probably type up another bitch post...ok I probably won't even muster up the care to do that, but I will facepalm very hard.
Old 2016-10-17, 14:45   Link #16305
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Too early to say that the E.N.D. fight is over. After all, not every battle is won through physical might.
Old 2016-10-17, 14:58   Link #16306
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

It's nice to see a return to the old dynamic of Erza stopping Natsu and Grey from beating each other silly.
Old 2016-10-17, 14:59   Link #16307
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Erza: I don't care who started it, I'm finishing it!
Old 2016-10-17, 23:25   Link #16308
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Erza BS aside, what was the point of Natsu v. Grey?
It mostly served as a display of Grey's DeS power (and ingenuity) vs Natsu's raw power and gung-ho approach. 100% filler to the plot from all points, but at least nice to follow.
Old 2016-10-17, 23:38   Link #16309
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It mostly served as a display of Grey's DeS power (and ingenuity) vs Natsu's raw power and gung-ho approach. 100% filler to the plot from all points, but at least nice to follow.
and the next thing we will see Natsu and Gray were magically forgot all their prowess and struggling against the 12 in next chapter.
Old 2016-10-17, 23:45   Link #16310
Kafriel
Senior Guest

People get amazingly stupid and forgetful in the middle of battles...especially the strong ones :P
Old 2016-10-18, 00:22   Link #16311
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

it's almost become Naruto vs Sasuke again before Erza stepped in in badass way

I appreciated Laxus and Erza, as S-class mages, to step up after Makarov's death
Mira and Gildartz need to show something now..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-18, 09:27   Link #16312
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
it's almost become Naruto vs Sasuke again before Erza stepped in in badass way

I appreciated Laxus and Erza, as S-class mages, to step up after Makarov's death
Mira and Gildartz need to show something now..
Is that grading into classes relevant anymore?
Old 2016-10-18, 11:18   Link #16313
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Is that grading into classes relevant anymore?
It hasn't really been relevant for a while in terms of power. Gildarts has been confirmed to have been so far above the others that even the Tartaros arc versions of Laxus and Erza would be fodder to him. Mirajane's clearly continued to lag well behind Laxus and Erza in strength, closer to Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, and Elfman for most of the series, and is now likely behind all of them with the possible exception of Elfman. And in general, a whole punch of people qualified as S-class in terms of power back in the GMG arc. By this point even Lucy is likely as strong as Erza was in the beginning of the series. At minimum.

Other than power though, the S-class wizards were kind of leaders within the guild. They were privy to some things that weren't known to the rest of the guild, though at this point all secrets are probably out. So it makes sense that with Makarov gone, they'd be the ones to step up and take charge, and one of them would be the one to succeed him as guild master.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 03:21   Link #16314
Ultragunner

Hm... May I ask some simple and common sense questions? Shouldn't self-sacrifice be the last resort method? Shouldn't Makarov listen to Mavis' plan first THEN sacrifice himself? He was like "there might be a strategy where everyone make it out alive, but I'm gonna sacrifice myself anyway"...

And where the heck is your respect, Makarov? You just keep saying "Guild this, Guild that", or "my children!!", but ain't Mavis the founder of your guild? Ain't she essentially your elder?

So many questions...yet so few answers...

#sarcasm
Old 2016-10-20, 03:46   Link #16315
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Hm... May I ask some simple and common sense questions? Shouldn't self-sacrifice be the last resort method? Shouldn't Makarov listen to Mavis' plan first THEN sacrifice himself? He was like "there might be a strategy where everyone make it out alive, but I'm gonna sacrifice myself anyway"...

And where the heck is your respect, Makarov? You just keep saying "Guild this, Guild that", or "my children!!", but ain't Mavis the founder of your guild? Ain't she essentially your elder?

#sarcasm
Well no matter how good Mavis' plan is it's still an uncertain one. They still have to face that giant army & the remaining Spriggan. Even if Mavis' plan pull them through with the army how are they suppose to deal with the remaining Spriggan like Irene or August? That would mean they have to beat the enemy army without getting injured or too fatigue. That's clearly impossible at this point. They were already cornered badly already. At least now Makarov manage to take out 60-70% of the troops. That's much better than having to fight those 60-70% too.

#replyfornorealreason.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 04:30   Link #16316
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It was a moment of weakness for Makarov, he gave in to his emotions and did what he wanted.
Old 2016-10-20, 05:54   Link #16317
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post

#sarcasm
All you need to know is Makarov sacrificed himself to kill fodders and Mashima wants us to think Makarov's sacrifice is badass.

Nah, Mashima is probably don't know what he should do with Makarov at this moment.

Just as someone said before, Makarov should have died at Tenrou Island. At least he would have die with a dignity and left a great impression to the readers. Now? It is comical for me.
Old 2016-10-20, 06:25   Link #16318
B214

^Please the Spriggan 12 couldn't even beat much less kill fodders from FT. Makarov already boss all the 12 + Zeref in 1 chapter already.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 11:00   Link #16319
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
All you need to know is Makarov sacrificed himself to kill fodders and Mashima wants us to think Makarov's sacrifice is badass.

Nah, Mashima is probably don't know what he should do with Makarov at this moment.

Just as someone said before, Makarov should have died at Tenrou Island. At least he would have die with a dignity and left a great impression to the readers. Now? It is comical for me.
Nah it's become a gag now, I don't want it to go away.
Makarov will just complain WHy WHy won't I just die! lol Makarov been a death seeker for along time now.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 23:15   Link #16320
thedonkiluminati

Spoiler for Fairy Tail 507 spoiler:

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen