AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-12-29, 11:02   Link #581
Itlandm
Porcupine

I agree that Kannagi will leave a small hole in my week where it used to be. Unfortunately there is not enough manga for a second season, but if the mangaka recovers her health, it could still happen some time.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 05:57   Link #582
ZODDGUTS

Wow there's more doujins then I expected for this series.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 07:50   Link #583
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
The number is pretty big for the new series and the scary part that it is only a beginning (specially if we will see second season, which we probably will). The number will increase because of two reasons - it is popular series, and popular series get a lot of doujins - look at Evangelion or Bleach doujin number.

And second - the whole second-hand issue that still had its effect and probably will keep on having in the future in doujins.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 09:50   Link #584
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What kind of effect?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 10:42   Link #585
Darknemo2000

'Sluttining' characters. And specially Nagi, as a 'second hand' heroine, takes a sluts place. And probably quite a bit of them will like Zange's poster too. And no one cares if Nagi really is taht or not. Doujinshi makers make characters perverted even out of less.
Old 2009-01-04, 10:44   Link #586
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
'Sluttining' characters. And specially Nagi, as a 'second hand' heroine, takes a sluts place. And probably quite a bit of them will like Zange's poster too. And no one cares if Nagi really is taht or not. Doujinshi makers make characters perverted even out of less.
Ummm its Doujinshi every one/thing is perverted...and then some....and then some on top of that....
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 10:45   Link #587
Darknemo2000

Yes, but some are more than others. Kannagi is a particularly attractive space for that.
Old 2009-01-04, 10:48   Link #588
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yes, but some are more than others. Kannagi is a particularly attractive space for that.
Oh please anythign in it with half a female cast is up for grabs...er..rapeage..er....umm....oh dear.... LOL

I tend to stay away from them and just go for the occasional hentai picture or 2... I don't care for the forced, harsh or extra gooy stuff >>
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 23:19   Link #589
ZODDGUTS

Anyways Kannagi's first doujin was translated rather quick for a doujin that just came out heh. It's easily the best drawn one and it's in color! The name of the doujin is called:

BetsuJIN By Nise Midi Doronokai.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 02:43   Link #590
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The only bad thing about Kannagi ending, is the wait for the 2nd season, hopefully, it doesn't drag out as long as that snake-long wait for Haruhi's 2nd season. Anyways, Kannagi is a great anime nontheless. The only reason for rant here is the shortness of the experience...
Old 2009-01-24, 12:52   Link #591
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So, the solicitation for Japanese DVD 7 is out now, and it confirms that we will indeed see a DVD-exclusive episode on the disc, being released on May 27th. It was commented before that there was actually more than one DVD-only episode being produced, but we'll see. For now, though, it's already something to look forward to.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 23:24   Link #592
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Found this english descriptions about this series by Aniplex.
Quote:
The goddess Nagi has arrived and wants you to worship her!

Nagi is the local deity spirit of the town of Kannagi and she was able to take a physical form when Jin Mikuriya carved a wooden statue of her out of a block of wood from the sacred tree of his family shrine. Nagi's mission is to cleanse the impurities that plague the land, but since her sacred tree has been cut down, she can only do this with Jin's help.
While pursuing an impurity, Nagi is reunited with her sister, Zange, who happens to have converted to Catholicism. Zange's power is greater than Nagi's due to her scared tree still being intact and becoming a local celebrity listening to confessions on the street at night. The only way for Nagi to regain her power is to gather her own followers and gain popularity.
Will you become one of Nagi's worshippers?
Source
Old 2009-07-06, 06:21   Link #593
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Found this english descriptions about this series by Aniplex.

Source
Man, here's something to tickle.

Nagi-sama SAYS:

428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 07:54   Link #594
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
I'm #1344 but I failed to get the card to print out after digging my printer out and dusting it off (it's not on speaking terms with WinXP). Had to take a screenshot to try again later.
So.. what do you reckon these cards will fetch on ebay? :P
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 12:15   Link #595
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
They must have kept very quiet about this one, as announcing it AND having the DVDs ready for sale the next day is pretty good going.
Streaming's locked out for me, but I've been online and ordered the DVDs.
Hurray for multi-region DVD players, that's what I say.

More quick subbed DVD releases, please!
These regional locks on streaming are the biggest foreseeable problem with the concept -- and why fansubs will unlikely go away for the near term.

Globalization -- one set of rules for the big guys and another for the consumers :P I'll advocate for globalization when I can buy my shirt directly from the Cambodian manufacturer and don't have to pay the 4000% mark up added by American Eagle/Nordstrom/Macy/whatever.
Old 2009-08-28, 22:27   Link #596
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Im picking this series a bit late but im glad it didnt stay in my "to watch list" any longer. Im currently at ep 8 and every single episode keeps amazing me.... so many epic scenes >.< Starting with Jin's reacting to Nagi appearing from the statue and how all those "wtf" moments keep coming one after another xD The ep when Nagi stays in the cupboard was godly too... the ray of light coming from inside the cupboard... And not just the comedy.... that little konfu-fist-fight between Jin and Nagi at the school in ep 3 was simply epic... i wish the actual martial art animes made them so good....
Old 2009-09-02, 13:07   Link #597
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ever since that "Second-Hand" issue Kannagi isn't as hot as it was first aired. =/
Old 2009-09-10, 20:59   Link #598
ZeBird0
In a tree

Huh? Second hand issue? I'm confuzzled :O
Anyway, I have three questions. Is Kannagi popular? I know,weird question, but this leads to my second one. Do you think Kannagi's underrated. I do, I can't find much fanfics or vids on it.
Last question is on the manga. Does it have more scenes that the anime or less? Is it worth reading if I already watched the anime?
Old 2009-09-10, 22:21   Link #599
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBird0 View Post
Huh? Second hand issue? I'm confuzzled :O
Second hand refers to non-virgin characters. If there is one thing crazy otaku can't handle, it is that. And what do they do, they decide to not even treat that character as a human and decide to call them second-hand (usually used to refer to used objects).
And there is a possibility (yes, not 100% certain, just a possibility) that Nagi is not a virgin, and there were otaku going crazy over it.

That issue.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 23:13   Link #600
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Second hand refers to non-virgin characters. If there is one thing crazy otaku can't handle, it is that. And what do they do, they decide to not even treat that character as a human and decide to call them second-hand (usually used to refer to used objects).
And there is a possibility (yes, not 100% certain, just a possibility) that Nagi is not a virgin, and there were otaku going crazy over it.

That issue.
But she's a god, she has to be a virgin In all seriousness, what does her not being a virgin have to do with the type of character she is? (I'm not aiming this question at you by the way, just a general question for those Otakus ) I mean, it doesn't change the fact that she's hilarious and is loads of fun

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen