Old 2010-04-24, 19:38   Link #23102
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i love how she's arguing with the narrator
Kallen's line at end..."...baka, koreja wasuretaktemo wasureranaijanai"
...Any translation available ? (With such a wrong way to write it, I doubt that but XD...)

I have to say, those words were telling me something and while I have an idea...I'd rather have a confirmation >_<
Something about don't forget or...well. My skills in japaneses are as good as a 2 years old, so :/

Last edited by Lolipopo; 2010-04-24 at 20:03.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 20:06   Link #23103
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
All of this reminds me of the awesome war against the three great factions :')Need to find the awesome summaries which were written of our war by I don't remember who.
I wonder who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

The real Three Kingdoms.

Lol Lolipopo, someone chronicled our Kalulu victories?
Oh you didn't know? You a** better call somebody

Quote:
It goes like that, I imagine? Wouldn't know since I wasn't around during the Three Kingdoms. xD

Ahem...

Let me help you out with what some history lessons.

Micante's Gospels: since these gospels were mostly about some of the major board members at the time you need to know these basic facts.

A) Var was a prolific Kalulu supporter. The man had wall texts that would put Blade to shame. And he was one of the first that made a sport out of shattering the many, many fallacies being used as anti kalulu arguments. Kalulu members followed his lead mostly and just slaughtered most of the trolls and serious Kallen haters were driven underground........oh man it was glorious

Var created this:
Spoiler for var's overanalysis GIF:

Then Var got permbanned by biased mods

B) Krimzon and Narona were huge C.C supporters back in the day. There was a mass C.C fan exodus during the middle of R2 (they know reside mostly in LiveJournal) and they were one of the few brave souls left around to fight back

Now the Gospels

1) Kalulu dominance emerges During R2 Up until Kallen gets captured.

Spoiler for Rise of the Kalulu Empire:

2) Stretched thin when Kallen goes missing for 8 episodes the Kalulu Empire begins to falter

Spoiler for Fall and reawakening of the Kalulu empire:

Source: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3805

3) United Federation of C.C. gets uppity

Spoiler for C.C fans grow strong:

Source: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=5816

Yvj's shipping commentary. (All I could find)

The battle of Episode 22 part one:

Spoiler for Kalulu anticipates victory:

Source: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1940

Part 2

Spoiler for A costly war:

source http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1980

Overall Code Geass Shipping War Commentary by YVJ

Spoiler for The Chronicles of the CG Romance thread Shipping War::

Good Times, Good Times
Old 2010-04-24, 20:15   Link #23104
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

I AM SO GOING TO READ THAT AGAIN XD
Thank you for your awesomness Yvj.

/Still want my translation btw :')
Old 2010-04-24, 20:17   Link #23105
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Hmm....at last is really just a fanservice without sense.

There's some connection with the anime ending, but is full of deux ex machina.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 20:23   Link #23106
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I wonder who?

Micante's Gospels: since these gospels were mostly about some of the major board members at the time you need to know these basic facts.

A) Var was a prolific Kalulu supporter. The man had wall texts that would put Blade to shame. And he was one of the first that made a sport out of shattering the many, many fallacies being used as anti kalulu arguments. Kalulu members followed his lead mostly and just slaughtered most of the trolls and serious Kallen haters were driven underground........oh man it was glorious

Var created this:

B) Krimzon and Narona were huge C.C supporters back in the day. There was a mass C.C fan exodus during the middle of R2 (they know reside mostly in LiveJournal) and they were one of the few brave souls left around to fight back

Now the Gospels

2) Stretched thin when Kallen goes missing for 8 episodes the Kalulu Empire begins to falter

Part 2

Good Times, Good Times

In other words, we won. Quite excellent, I wish I could've fought in the war. hurrah.. We did win, right? Cuz no way Kallen could lose, right?

The thing sounded quite devastating, so how did you guys survive? I can see Lolipopo B!tch slapping anyone that badmouthed Lelouch or Kallen, but I wouldn't think you were the kind of person to argue yvj

Anyways.... I'm done with the history lesson, thank you very much yvj, you have taught me about our rich, war-filled history.

Kein anderer hat uns dann gelingen wird, my friends.

Ahem...
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 20:29   Link #23107
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
In other words, we won. Quite excellent, I wish I could've fought in the war. hurrah.. We did win, right? Cuz no way Kallen could lose, right?
Arby, in the game of war, especially shipping wars, nobody really wins.

EDIT: What Sol said. We're still around a kickin' so don't count your chickens just yet

Oh, and great post yvj. It was a bit tl;dr, but still brought back some good memories

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2010-04-24 at 22:49.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 20:31   Link #23108
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Baka, Koreja wasuretaktemo wasureranaijanai...

You written bad, however is a vulgar exclamation, enough typical in the animes.

But for a correct translation I need time.

The first word "baka" = "idiot"

"wasuretai demo" = "I'll never forget you"

"wasure rania ja nai" = "I'm not alone with you"

Maybe something is wrong, but at last seems a sort of....Kallen widow for eternity.

Last edited by Bonzo; 2010-04-24 at 20:42.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 21:03   Link #23109
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
BMaybe something is wrong, but at last seems a sort of....Kallen widow for eternity.
I'd like to say I am surprised. But I'd be lying
Old 2010-04-24, 22:18   Link #23110
Sol Falling

Quote:

The thing sounded quite devastating, so how did you guys survive? I can see Lolipopo B!tch slapping anyone that badmouthed Lelouch or Kallen, but I wouldn't think you were the kind of person to argue yvj

Anyways.... I'm done with the history lesson, thank you very much yvj, you have taught me about our rich, war-filled history.

Kein anderer hat uns dann gelingen wird, my friends.

Ahem...
:P Won? 'Won'? Guy, watch what you say. The war is still going on. :P lol, or at least, sorta. It's been long enough that not many people care anymore, but blade, morbus and I still popped out decent numbers of wall-of-text back and forths not that long ago. Kalulu might be the largest and most thriving surviving faction, but I think our solid contingent of long-faithful Shirlulu fans says that it'll be many long years before anybody'd call complete victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I wonder who?

Var created this:

Now the Gospels

Part 2

Good Times, Good Times
Pretty epic post. Though I was right in there for a long part of it, I never really understood the tragic disappearance of Var. I remember the start of the epicly long conversations between him and Krimzon (and joining in) in the first romance thread way back during the slow lead up to R2. Was Krimzon's disappearance from the Code Geass board really to chase after Var? I finally stumbled across him again recently in some romance manga threads :P, was kinda interesting. As for Var himself, after the many long conversations I personally had with him, it truly was a tragic loss. All the turmoil surrounding Turn 22 occurred during my lingering downtime from Shirley's death, so I never truly grasped what happened. Did nobody have any contact with him outside animesuki? I'd be interested if he had any lingering farewells or last words.

Also, the birthday PD still sounds pretty damn interesting, deus ex machina or not. I guess I'll be waiting for translations to show up somewhere, although for Code Geass I rarely venture outside of these boards anymore.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2010-04-24 at 22:33.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 22:31   Link #23111
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
:P Won? 'Won'? Guy, watch what you say. The war is still going on. :P lol, or at least, sorta. It's been long enough that not many people care anymore, but blade, morbus and I still popped out decent numbers of wall-of-text back and forths not that long ago. Kalulu might be the largest and most thriving surviving faction, but I think our solid contingent of long-faithful Shirlulu fans says that it'll be many long years before anybody'd call complete victory.
I'd like to think that the war has pretty much ended and that we all have a more-or-less stable relationship. I mean, none of us are gonna back down from our pairings and it's not very likely that we're gonna get any new relevant major material (the new CG project looks like it'll have little to do with the characters we know) and Sunrise certainly isn't gonna just come out and confirm either of the two pairings. And hey, I've always believed that we should all try to get along.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 22:38   Link #23112
Sol Falling

Haha, yeah, alright then--peace, alliance, or temporary armistice, I'll agree we've settled down. Just reminding Arbitres that since we're still around, I think saying Kalulu 'won' would be pretty premature (though it's no joke to say that CluClu has been pretty much obliterated round these parts).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 00:07   Link #23113
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

As far as I can remember, Var's disappearance was because he was permanently banned from the forums. I never was able to find out what he did to warrant it.
Old 2010-04-25, 02:54   Link #23114
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
As far as I can remember, Var's disappearance was because he was permanently banned from the forums. I never was able to find out what he did to warrant it.
It was the day where were were like plenty in the romance thread. One of the greatest shipping battle of our history I think. There were others people banned with him, but I think he was the only one who did get a perma ban.
Actually, the convo, this night, was a bit heated (people were passionate, others were joking) and that's certainly what leaded some...people, to report like crazy.

@Bonzo : Ho yes ! Thank you ! ^^
Can't belive no one caught this line back in december. That's one EPIC line.
And yes Kallen, he'll always be with you, you aren't alone :'P
Old 2010-04-25, 04:11   Link #23115
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, even with all the crap going on in the romance threads, I know it was confirmed he wasn't banned for that. Regardless, this isn't the place to discuss it.
Old 2010-04-25, 04:16   Link #23116
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No, even with all the crap going on in the romance threads, I know it was confirmed he wasn't banned for that. Regardless, this isn't the place to discuss it.
Var was banned because after he was temp-banned back then, he made a few duplicate accounts and was even more aggressive than before. That is cause he was perma-banned afterall. I used to know him very well, that is why i am saying this for sure.

Anyway, to the topic now, woah Sunrise staff must really like Kallen. Or rather, her relationship with Lelouch. That short convo they had, before Lelouch went back to the skies like Jesus Christ rockstar, was simple but meaningful. And her lines about never forgetting him pretty much confirms whatever was shown in the finale too.
Elegant Sunrise, elegant.

p.s i also liked, how Lelouch;s last three messages were to Kallen, Nunally and Suzaku. Wonder what these three charas represent for him. Hum.

ETA: also, Kallen;s line has pretty much confirmed to be :
"Kallen - "Idiot! I wanted to forget, now there's no way that's going to happen."

Yeah, certain fanbases can go and cry now. Kallen is gonna be forever lost in the love-Ghost-land.

Last edited by kaizerster; 2010-04-25 at 04:33.
kaizerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 04:34   Link #23117
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerster View Post
Var was banned because after he was temp-banned back then, he made a few duplicate accounts and was even more aggressive than before. That is cause he was perma-banned afterall. I used to know him, that is why i am saying this for sure.

Anyway, to the topic now, woah Sunrise staff must really like Kallen. Or rather, her relationship with Lelouch. That short convo they had, before Lelouch went back to the skies like Jesus Christ rockstar, was simple but meaningful. And her lines about never forgetting him pretty much confirms whatever was shown in the finale too.
Elegant Sunrise, elegant.

p.s i also liked, how Lelouch;s last three messages were to Kallen, Nunally and Suzaku. Wonder what these three charas represent for him. Hum.
Suzaku = His best friend, his attempt of changing people for the better and failing. If I could relate him to an object, it would be a window -- you can see through it when it's clear, but when drapes are covering it's hard to understand it. Sometimes it's smudged or shattered. Sometimes it's opened up for the world.

Nunnally = His hope, his meaning of living. The first of two reasons he started his rebellion. If I could relate her to an object, it would be a necklace. Though it might just there, it can hold sentimental value and simple elegance. A thing a person holds close to their heart.

Kallen = His ace, his Q-1, the one that woke him up from his daze and helped him realize it went beyond what he wanted. If I could relate her to an object, it would be a piano - treat it well enough and learn to co-exist with it, and you can make beautiful songs with it. (Do what I do, play Ode to Joy.)

That is my impression on the matter, I personally like my interpretation of them, though some people probably won't like it.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 04:34   Link #23118
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
she wanted to forget ?
Old 2010-04-25, 04:43   Link #23119
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
she wanted to forget ?
As in probably "i wanted to forget we both dumped each other's asses back in Turn 22, cause we were too busy angsting for certain reasons and wanted to move on, but always remember you, but still move on in a way etc etc." Something like that. Yeah, ain;t happening, and coming to wrap things up with her Chara Song too.
(though in srs now, Kallen's "i wanted to forget" was prolly a lie to herself too, she knows she cannot forget Lelouch ever, so yes. It just confirms she can;t let go anyway, and she accepts that.)

@Arbitres :Interesting.
Though i would probably label them, in a more simplistic way, like, family, frienship, love. (romantic one, yeah.)
kaizerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 05:36   Link #23120
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Awww, thank you Kazer (mind if I call you Kazer ? it's easier this way), I really like this.

And yeah, Sunrise staff, or more like, Okouchi, really loves his Kallen. She got so much crap from the fanbase and yet she is the one counting the most meaningful post serie material.

Now I have to say the whole "I wanted to forgot" seems to a bit weird (or maybe really delusional), when you see her song and the general feeling we got post serie, but since her final line joins what we thought before, it's fine.

Take that, CluClu in disguise, Gino is too busy learning samba and Kallen sounds so much like an eternal widow it's not even funny (or yes, it is :')

Quote:
Suzaku = His best friend, his attempt of changing people for the better and failing. If I could relate him to an object, it would be a window -- you can see through it when it's clear, but when drapes are covering it's hard to understand it. Sometimes it's smudged or shattered. Sometimes it's opened up for the world.

Nunnally = His hope, his meaning of living. The first of two reasons he started his rebellion. If I could relate her to an object, it would be a necklace. Though it might just there, it can hold sentimental value and simple elegance. A thing a person holds close to their heart.

Kallen = His ace, his Q-1, the one that woke him up from his daze and helped him realize it went beyond what he wanted. If I could relate her to an object, it would be a piano - treat it well enough and learn to co-exist with it, and you can make beautiful songs with it. (Do what I do, play Ode to Joy.)

That is my impression on the matter, I personally like my interpretation of them, though some people probably won't like it.
Don't you think it's a bit stretched ? The whole "Ace" thing doesn't fit to this whole argument. It sounds more like family, friendship, and love :')
The Ace doesn't fit in this "best friend, sister..." stuff.

Heh. Kalulu, that's it.

LOL Kaizer. Great minds thinks alike XD