AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-20, 00:58   Link #561
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but the item fight in a group as for mikoto she's not her usual self. She's too frustrated and anger with the current situation it will blind her sooner or later.
and then run with their tail between their legs
IMO Mikoto will out of anger and unleash her true power like when she try to electrocuting Touma using thunder cloud (she even manage to blackout the entire city block)

Hope the girl being grilled enough to not messing with Biri-biri again
Old 2009-12-20, 01:31   Link #562
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've been meaning to ask, how exactly was the Sister Arc concluded in the Railgun light novel? Where does it end? After the ITEM fight? Or did they show the whole Touma vs Accelerator fight again?
Old 2009-12-20, 02:54   Link #563
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've been meaning to ask, how exactly was the Sister Arc concluded in the Railgun light novel? Where does it end? After the ITEM fight? Or did they show the whole Touma vs Accelerator fight again?
Don't you mean the manga?
Old 2009-12-20, 03:13   Link #564
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Don't you mean the manga?
Well I thought so at first, but I kept hearing otherwise... Pardon me if I'm wrong
Old 2009-12-20, 04:49   Link #565
tsunade666

Their really a novel about railgun and I heard it too. Together with the DVD of To aru majutsu no index. And its an 8 part novel. I have it but I haven't even touch it yet .

But I heard its about mikoto and kuroko or something and mikoto growing with wings to attack and also swimsuit but no accelerator their. Correct me their if I'm wrong.
Old 2009-12-20, 11:00   Link #566
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

As far as I'm concerned, the only Railgun stuff in novel form are an SS about Uiharu and the DVD special 8-part novel that takes place after vol. 6 of the Index novel in terms of the timeline.

So I don't think any of the manga Railgun material have a novel counterpart yet.
Old 2009-12-20, 14:08   Link #567
Miraluka
Banned

I don't know how is going to be the fights but if I'm sure of something is that Mikoto is going to lose, she is not on her usual self, not tactics, no partners help and she is near to be physically weak. Remember the project wasn't stopped until Toma come to the scenario.
Old 2009-12-20, 19:20   Link #568
Xacual

Yes but we saw her at the bridge and it didn't appear like she had any major injuries from a loss. Isn't that like one day later from the time she is now fighting the ITEM girl?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-12-22, 10:01   Link #569
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yes but we saw her at the bridge and it didn't appear like she had any major injuries from a loss. Isn't that like one day later from the time she is now fighting the ITEM girl?
maybe that time she already recovered after got defeated...... or maybe she escaped from them.

Don't mad at me, but I think I am in love with the ITEM girl who fight with Mikoto in Ch26.
Old 2009-12-22, 11:21   Link #570
tsunade666

your not the only one. I love everyone on the ITEM! I LOVE THE "ITEM"

The time is kinda messed up but if its mikoto she can escape from them hopefully. Though I want to watch a fight between lvl 5.
Old 2009-12-23, 03:35   Link #571
stillmissing

It's true that things look bad for Mikoto, but that's how it should be, right? The hero plays the part of the underdog. And the stage is set to put Mikoto at a disadvantage. Mikoto is exhausted from constantly using her powers, and apparently has barely slept in three days. Moreover she is facing off against a powerful four person team that is led by none other than the esper ranked directly below her.

It's not completely stacked against her, though. As they have two facilities to defend, and they didn't know which one she would target, it's likely that ITEM split into two teams. This means that at most she should only have to face two of them at the same time, rather than confronting all four simultaneously.

Also, the main character just lost a major fight in a completely lopsided fashion. And with major consequences. For those days the experiment continued, fifty more girls were murdered. Even though we already know how this ends, it's not unlikely that Mikoto will get some small measure of victory.

Getting back to Xacual's comment, in less than 48 hours Mikoto meets Touma in front of the soda machine. And it has to be mentioned, that not only is she lacking any visible injuries, but she also appeared to be well rested. And perhaps more telling, other than Kuroko annoying her, Mikoto appeared to be in a decent mood, until MISAKA appeared.

When Touma meets Mikoto again on the next day, she is in a foul mood, and by night is already preparing to carry out her suicidal final plan.

I suppose a possible outcome is that Mikoto does indeed accomplish her goals and believes she stopped the experiment. This would allow her to return to her dorm, get some rest, and brighten her mood. However she doesn't realize that besides contacting ITEM, the directors have already taken steps to expand the research to outside labs. And as she told Touma, it didn't matter how many labs she destroyed, as more would take up the cause. When MISAKA appears before Mikoto on the 20th, Mikoto pulls her away and has a conversation that we are not privy to. It's possible that this is when Mikoto learns that she failed, and that the experiments are continuing, thus souring her mood, and leading to the events of the following day.

The question that remains, is when Mikoto learned the key piece of information, the destruction of tree diagram, that led her to her final plan.

Unrelated, but apparently sales of the Railgun manga (vol 1-4) have broken the 1.8 million mark.

Last edited by stillmissing; 2009-12-23 at 05:24. Reason: Adding sales information
Old 2009-12-23, 08:19   Link #572
Lime soda

Whoa, the manga is doing that well? It's worth looking into anyway since there are a number of differences with the anime.

And, I'm disappointed that Saten, Uiharu, and Kuroko get dropped from the plot. The Sisters Arc is already running longer then the Level Upper Arc. The Sisters are alright but I don't find anything appealing about them aside from their comedy bits. Though ITEM seems to have potential, just why are they so popular? I don't suppose they're going to become good friends with Misaka after their battles?
Old 2009-12-23, 08:29   Link #573
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
Though ITEM seems to have potential, just why are they so popular?
4 chicks. need i say more? For me, it was mainly Kinuhata Saiai's glorious display of legs in chapter 26
Old 2009-12-23, 09:25   Link #574
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
You know?, Mikoto in chapter 26 already acomplished her goal thanks to the ITEM girl, since se destroy the lab construction to stop Mikoto
Mikoto just need to give "finishing touch", and then she can escape
Old 2009-12-23, 09:43   Link #575
tsunade666

you can't understand the charm of the item? what!!! I can't understand your type.

About the mikoto learning about the tree diagram. I think everyone knows that the tree diagram is destroyed because its in the news. I think but its not revealed on who destroyed it.

4 cute lovely girls and he can't find a charm on them..... I'm speechless.
Old 2009-12-23, 10:23   Link #576
Miraluka
Banned

Tree Diagram's destruction was announced in that airship.
Old 2009-12-23, 11:26   Link #577
stillmissing

tsunade666, Wilfriback,

perhaps my memory is failing me, but I remember that the destruction of tree diagram was covered up to prevent the general populace from learning about it. (for obvious security reasons among other things)

Are you certain they announced the destruction of tree diagram, or did they simply announce the destruction of a generic weather satellite as part of the cover up?
Old 2009-12-23, 11:37   Link #578
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe but if you remember Heaven Canceller also knew about it.... or he is a member of the Board of Directors of the city.
Old 2009-12-23, 11:46   Link #579
Yufankun

Didn't Heaven Canceller
Spoiler for might be a spoiler, or just totally inaccurate:
Old 2009-12-23, 21:05   Link #580
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

rewatched the episode... Unless the light novel said differently... Its seems they just told the general population in the city that "communications to Orihime-01 was disrupted indefinitely"

Tags
fantasy, shounen