AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-07, 07:04   Link #201
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
BTW, I'm planning to start a character sheet of To aru Majutsu no Index in TV Tropes. If anyone can describe Touma with tropes from TV Tropes, It would be a great gift.
Really? Thanks i wanted to do one myself but other factors got it the way eg. other tropes pages, wikipedia articles to correct, work etc.

Here's so more tropes for Touma

Jerk With A Heart of Gold
Sliding Scale Of Idealism Versus Cynicism - The Irony is that he's a cynic to himself but is idealistic to others, possibly because of his right hand.
Combat Pragmatic
Lawful Neutral - Tries to be that most of the time
Idiot Hero - Subverted, He's actually smart but has some difficulties with certain subjects related to esper powers.
Nice Guy - Until bad luck happens...
Old 2010-01-07, 11:56   Link #202
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
BTW, I'm planning to start a character sheet of To aru Majutsu no Index in TV Tropes.
There is one already isn't there?

Or do you mean a page specifically for Touma?
Old 2010-01-09, 12:07   Link #203
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
There is one already isn't there?

Or do you mean a page specifically for Touma?
He means a page exlusive for Touma.

I'm curious about his IB even more since Fiamma said their powers are similar...
Old 2010-01-10, 17:36   Link #204
babohtea

I have a question about Touma and his memory loss:

Do you think that Index's story so far would have changed much even if Touma had his memories? So far he seems to be the same kind of guy before and after.
Old 2010-01-10, 18:59   Link #205
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
I have a question about Touma and his memory loss:

Do you think that Index's story so far would have changed much even if Touma had his memories? So far he seems to be the same kind of guy before and after.
Up until about volume 16 of the novel, no, no it doesn't matter. That's one of the things that annoyed me with the series.
Old 2010-01-10, 19:13   Link #206
babohtea

What happens in vol 16?
Old 2010-01-11, 05:05   Link #207
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
What happens in vol 16?
Spoiler for Important plot in vol 16:
Old 2010-01-11, 08:56   Link #208
Miraluka
Banned

The problem is Touma doesn't care anymore of his destroyed memories since he knew from his father that his chilhood was sad.
Old 2010-01-11, 12:30   Link #209
tsunade666

Plus he also knew that he always had a home to return too. And when his family confronted him about it( yes his family knows it) it still okay to them and finally settles with it.

Plus he likes the current him and doesn't want to remember the past sad memories anymore... or so it seems to me that way.
Old 2010-01-11, 19:31   Link #210
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah I felt pity for him when his parents confronted him :S.
Old 2010-01-12, 07:11   Link #211
stillmissing

I must be misunderstanding something, but Touma's parents aren't aware of the details of his condition.

Anyway, Kamachi has reintroduced this long forgotten plot thread for a reason, and I don't believe for a minute that it's only for the sake of advancing Touma and Mikoto's relationship. Given some of the author's comments, and events in the novels, on 2ch they frequently theorize that the Russian compilation will be followed up by what they like to call the "Kamijou memory retrieval arc". I don't know how right they are, but I have to say that I won't be the least bit surprised if Touma has his memories restored by the end of the series at any rate.

And before anyone says something like "the frog-faced doctor said his memories were gone forever" well, don't take this the wrong way, but try to keep in mind what this series is like. Kamachi has no fear of writing deus ex machina solutions to problems.

As 2ch theories go though, if there's one I feel is kind of likely it's that we'll soon see what the academy city cultural festival is like.
Old 2010-01-12, 07:28   Link #212
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post

And before anyone says something like "the frog-faced doctor said his memories were gone forever" well, don't take this the wrong way, but try to keep in mind what this series is like. Kamachi has no fear of writing deus ex machina solutions to problems.
Considering "Kamijo Touma" can also be read as [神浄の討魔], I say this- Why the hell not ?
Old 2010-01-12, 08:44   Link #213
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe with a miracle or time travel. Also, why bother to recover his memories if even he doesn't care of them?
Look at Accelerator, he recovered the way to use his powers again but his brain is still damaged. Without Misaka net his powers goes bye-bye.
Old 2010-01-12, 09:07   Link #214
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I personally don't mind if he gets them back or not, but I am beyond eager to see the 'Complete' Imagine Breaker. And if that means getting back his memories...
Old 2010-01-12, 09:13   Link #215
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I personally don't mind if he gets them back or not, but I am beyond eager to see the 'Complete' Imagine Breaker. And if that means getting back his memories...
I'm a bit curious....How???
Old 2010-01-12, 09:47   Link #216
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I'm a bit curious....How???
... I have no clue

Wait, you mean getting his memories or getting a complete imagine breaker?

Working off one theory, maybe we'll get to see young Touma using it to save a girl... And going by the Author's style, it'll probably be a young Mikoto... Lol!
Old 2010-01-12, 09:50   Link #217
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
... I have no clue

Wait, you mean getting his memories or getting a complete imagine breaker?

Working off one theory, maybe we'll get to see young Touma using it to save a girl... And going by the Author's style, it'll probably be a young Mikoto... Lol!
I would love to see that but the other shipper fans might not be please.
Old 2010-01-12, 10:45   Link #218
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Considering that the doctor works directly with Aleister Crowley, we have absolutely no reason to believe what he says. Touma and Accelerator are unique assets to the Science side. That's all there is.

Quote:
Considering "Kamijo Touma" can also be read as [神浄の討魔], I say this- Why the hell not ?
Oh dear.
Old 2010-01-12, 12:03   Link #219
shitashii

how old is touma?
Old 2010-01-12, 12:08   Link #220
walt

神浄 討魔 what does THIS mean?
another question is the Touma - really japan name or it come from Thomas??

Last edited by walt; 2010-01-12 at 12:25.
Closed Thread