AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 13 17.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 28.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 10.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-04, 10:25   Link #141
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Get the manager removed from her position? Dunno if you realize the level of power these filthy rich people have...
It really doesn't make sense that people like Kongou Mitsuko would stand being treated that way without reacting (maybe not physically, but they have plenty of other ways)...
They don't have that money their parents do. Parents who want them to be disciplined or else they wouldn't have sent them to Tokiwadai. Sure the parents and the city give them a ridiculous allowance but I doubt the parents would let the kids try and run out an authority figure for disciplining them.
Old 2013-08-04, 10:29   Link #142
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Essentially theres that too- if they were really pampered by their parents like some shoujo manga antagonist, they wouldn't have gone to Academy City in the first place.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 10:47   Link #143
Fukatsu

xD
The development is interesting I think the episode is to introduce the secondary characters
Speak the little about them.
xD
Fukatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 11:51   Link #144
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
My guess is that Miko-chin bought around 5 kg, which would equal around 334,000 yen. That's around US$3,400 at today's rate.
Meanwhile Touma is fighting in the combini against Yoh Sato, Sen, Shaga, etc for the sake of cheap food.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 12:58   Link #145
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
So you're telling me you would accept physical punishment if you were in their position of power?
Having power does not mean you can just screw the rules, especially when you know you really did wrong. Misaka is pretty much a model student at Tokiwadai, and retaliating will mean the destruction of her "greatest good" image in school. There's only so much she can do if she wants to keep her image.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 13:26   Link #146
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Having power does not mean you can just screw the rules, especially when you know you really did wrong. Misaka is pretty much a model student at Tokiwadai, and retaliating will mean the destruction of her "greatest good" image in school. There's only so much she can do if she wants to keep her image.
Point me to the part of the novel/anime/manga where she states she gives a fuck about her image...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 14:06   Link #147
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
retaliating will mean the destruction of her "greatest good" image in school. There's only so much she can do if she wants to keep her image.
You mean like last arc where she destroy government and private facilities?

Good student do this.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 17:12   Link #148
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Point me to the part of the novel/anime/manga where she states she gives a fuck about her image...
The fact that she still has an image is enough proof.

Maybe not to the degree that she's going into politics, but good enough to graduate school 'effortlessly' like every other student.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
You mean like last arc where she destroy government and private facilities?

Good student do this.
What? You mean those illegal research facilities that shouldn't exist?

I guess they better call the police.
Old 2013-08-04, 18:08   Link #149
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Wait correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there an omake or doujin where Kuroko and Frenda do what they exactly did this episode and paid the price for it.

In Frenda's case there is THAT pun in it.
its a 4 panel koma present in volume 5 of the manga. and yeah they did cut the best part out d:
Frenda instead talked about Muginos teddy bear. i believe it was after that line that i fell in love with Mugino, that and her nonchalant demeanour contrasted with her yandere complex.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 22:01   Link #150
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I'm really glad that we got back with an episode going on a lighter tone, more Railgun-like if you prefer. Saten was really sharp in asking about Mikoto's new boyfriend, and Mikoto's reaction was... lol.

It was also nice to see Mitsuko Kongou and her friends again. Meanwhile, the "Kuroko vs. Brenda" and the "fresh turtle juice" moments were comedy gold too.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 20:23   Link #151
Ardee

This episode comes uncomfortably to mind when reading this article
Ardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 22:59   Link #152
AllieWolf
Currently Anime Obsessed

New opening!

Good episode as always. Back to their daily life! Although there were some bumps here and there. Liked how Shizuri and Frenda came back into the story and how Kuroko was showing off Misaka.. xD

AllieWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 04:53   Link #153
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Turtle meat. Eurgh.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 17:10   Link #154
Kyouka
Is Here

New OP is awesome didn't care for the Ed tho item scene was awesome
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 21:51   Link #155
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Very nice breather/aftermath episode. The bit with the turtle meat and blood left me loling a lot. The comedy in this episode was pretty good overall.

I'm glad that some of the hanging plot threads from the Sisters Arc were addressed in this episode. It's good that those weren't just forgotten.

It was also nice to see four-leaf clover girl and her friends show up again. Railgun S has a good sense of continuity and in-canon coherence.

As for the debate over the dorm master... I think we should remember that these are, in fact, kids here. Middle schoolers. It only makes sense that they would have a curfew (their level of power/wealth just makes it even more sensible for them to have curfew, imo). The dorm master strikes me as quite reasonable, and if anything, I think she was impressively forgiving over how Kuroko/Mikoto deceived her in order to help Mikoto break curfew multiple times during the Sisters Arc.

Mikoto is definitely the sort of person who puts what she thinks is right over the rules, but I don't think she's the sort of person that favors total lawlessness. She has basic respect for the rules, and will go along with them as long as it doesn't stop her from doing what she thinks needs to be done. It's perfectly fine for a middle schooler to be held to a reasonable curfew.
Old 2013-08-08, 21:59   Link #156
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Reasonable? She comes across as reasonable to you? There's a very good reason why Mikoto was terrified of her at the start of the episode. :V
Old 2013-08-08, 22:01   Link #157
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

She still allowed both her and Kuroko to leave didn't she?
Old 2013-08-08, 22:03   Link #158
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yes, well, we also don't know if she snapped their necks in the interim between episodes. :V
Old 2013-08-08, 22:22   Link #159
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Reasonable? She comes across as reasonable to you? There's a very good reason why Mikoto was terrified of her at the start of the episode. :V
Well, like Chaos said earlier on this thread, there are "comedy scenes" and there are "taken seriously scenes".
Old 2013-08-09, 04:25   Link #160
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know, maybe I'm influenced by all the exaggerated wealthy Oujo-sama in Anime, but till this day I still forget that Mikoto is kinda-quite-rather-somewhat-rich
...and still doing stand reading of mangas in convenience stores
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote