AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-14, 10:55   Link #61
kamij0

Spoiler for for 122:

so i'm not giving out a spoiler but, seigaku wont be losing singles 3 because of a simple reason. Its because of echizen. they wont lose str8 sets and let ryoma drink ponta for nothing.
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 11:58   Link #62
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
That shot that Inui makes, looks like it's taken straight from Captain Tsubasa J (World Youth Cup)...

I can understand with your foot... but a tennis racket???
Old 2004-07-14, 18:43   Link #63
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

There are lots of impossible shots in this show... it's best to accept that these kids have super powers... ... I thought it was kinda funny that they animate these guys "charging up" for their shots.... like you could see their auras or whatever.... it's like they releasing fireballs or beam cannon shots.... .... but I doubt they would have enough time to "charge up" in a real tennis match...
Old 2004-07-15, 15:34   Link #64
TangentZ
神の一手

Another thing that bugs me is how/why some of these guys can play with
their eyes closed?

Of course, we have Fuji Shuusuke ( 不二周助 ). Well, he opens his eyes
sometimes, when he's in "crisis mode". There are others too, with the most
recent being Yanagi Renji ( 柳蓮二 ).

I think they should join the tennis club for blind people or something, although
they do play better than many people with normal sight.
Old 2004-07-15, 15:56   Link #65
Shadowlord
~DESU

the first thing about this you always have to remember, is this is an anime. 99% of the shots they do, are impossible. For instance Fuji's hakuguei (not sure on spelling) completely violates several laws of physics, not to mention Newtons first two laws.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 16:02   Link #66
TangentZ
神の一手

Yeah, I can accept the impossible shots. They look and sound cool and that's OK for me.

But like I mentioned, what I find absolutely hilarious is playing tennis with closed eyes.
Old 2004-07-15, 16:06   Link #67
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ
Yeah, I can accept the impossible shots. They look and sound cool and that's OK for me.

But like I mentioned, what I find absolutely hilarious is playing tennis with closed eyes.
perhaps they have powers similar to those many Dragonball Z characters have, like they can "sense" the ball, or feel its power.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 00:13   Link #68
Spooky-Electric

Was Jyousei Shounan a school created just for the anime?

And yeah, PoT does have a lot of impossible and ridiculous shots but I love it.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 08:07   Link #69
xavier8200

I just think that the amount of air that these tennis players get on their jumps or the fact that they can play with their eyes closed. or my favorites, hit a ball so that it hits the net or pole and rolls along the net gently falling to the other side. I just die laughing everytime I see the show.

My girlfriend is a huge fan of the show though. I also think that Fuuji is gangsta especially after he said to rikaidai (sp?) in ep 123
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 15:22   Link #70
supazio

Prince of Tennis

I just started downloading Prince of Tennis, but because of the properties of the BitTorrent program, it would take me '448' hours to d/l eairler episodes.

Can you fill me in?
Anyone?

Last edited by xris; 2004-07-16 at 15:50. Reason: Please do not start new threads, post such requests in the existing thread
supazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 16:10   Link #71
filipino heat
oro??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Was Jyousei Shounan a school created just for the anime?
yes...that whole thing with jyousei shounan was ALL filler...there isnt a jyousei shounan in the manga...anime has already went past the manga even w/all the filler
filipino heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 17:55   Link #72
Spooky-Electric

I thought the Jyousei Shounan characters were pretty cool though, so it wasn't bad filler, at least IMO. Their #1 singles guy has that cool serve where he winds up, and who can forget "CHANGE OVER" guy.. lol. Their coach is hot as hell too.

It's much better filler than those chibi episodes that's for sure. Or the filler when the play other sports and they use their skills in it like Echizen does Twist Serve in ping pong.
Old 2004-07-16, 22:47   Link #73
filipino heat
oro??

yea...i do like the coach and the captain w/the crazy serve...i liked the changeover guy but y would he want to change into kaidoh when he can play like sampras, agassi, and hewitt??

anyways...the jyousei shounan arc is WAY better than the chibi eps or that prince of bowling or prince of pool. the only thing good about those eps are when u see the expressions on every1's face when they see inui's new juice
Old 2004-07-16, 23:05   Link #74
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipino heat
i liked the changeover guy but y would he want to change into kaidoh when he can play like sampras, agassi, and hewitt??
Those guys can't do the Boomerang Snake.
Old 2004-07-17, 00:12   Link #75
filipino heat
oro??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
Those guys can't do the Boomerang Snake.
after he changed into kaidoh, the changeover guy still couldnt do the boomerang snake
Old 2004-07-18, 13:05   Link #76
ShikaShika
無罪

The worst ever filler must have been when they all used their specials to defeat that bear up in the mountains or whatever... Or am I wrong?
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 14:46   Link #77
Raiii
*yawn*

Quote:
yea...i do like the coach and the captain w/the crazy serve...i liked the changeover guy but y would he want to change into kaidoh when he can play like sampras, agassi, and hewitt??

Just because Wakato (change over guy) uses their play style, it doesnt mean he will also have their power and speed to compliment it. When Kaidoh started to make a comeback, he said "I've played against people who do those moves better then you." Wakato choose to change over to Kaidoh, since it is impossible to practice playing against your self.
Raiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 05:42   Link #78
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
anyways...the jyousei shounan arc is WAY better than the chibi eps or that prince of bowling or prince of pool. the only thing good about those eps are when u see the expressions on every1's face when they see inui's new juice
Prince of bowling actually isn't filler (in the sense that it wasn't in the manga), and I personally find it hilarious. I can't help laughing when Inui keeps getting one pin every turn despite the fact that his data "should" assure that he gets a strike every time. His reaction to his first attempted strike is priceless. And then when he realizes he can't loose no matter what because of the blue vinegar that awaits the loser and the manga (don't remember the anime) emphasizes the fact that he is the maker of blue vinegar.

Although I think they added Horio and the rest of the bratpack to that episode in the anime so I guess it has some filler.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 10:05   Link #79
KismetJade
0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamaru
Prince of bowling actually isn't filler (in the sense that it wasn't in the manga), and I personally find it hilarious. I can't help laughing when Inui keeps getting one pin every turn despite the fact that his data "should" assure that he gets a strike every time. His reaction to his first attempted strike is priceless. And then when he realizes he can't loose no matter what because of the blue vinegar that awaits the loser and the manga (don't remember the anime) emphasizes the fact that he is the maker of blue vinegar.

Although I think they added Horio and the rest of the bratpack to that episode in the anime so I guess it has some filler.
yeah Inui was quite funny in that episode and yes i think the anime did have something like an arrow pointing to Inui saying he made it, and Oishi says he shouldn't make stuff he can't drink himself. but the fact that it got to Fuji was hilarious

Some of my favourites was the cursed racket episode (don't know if it was in the manga or not) and the chibi episode with Echizen/Fuji in Inui juice hot blooded mode.
KismetJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-19, 19:37   Link #80
bluemist
i am the mist

I happened to hate EVERY chibi episode so much I skipped the rest of them after watching the very first one way back.

Tags
tennis