AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 14 26.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 26.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 11.54%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-21, 15:40   Link #61
Deathscyther

Another solid episode! 9/10. I was pulled in throughout the whole episode. I like Shana in her new dress with her hair up like that. I fell in love with her again.

The Yuji-Shana moments this episode were great. You can feel the sparks flying between the two of them.

Seems like this was the last of the build-up episodes. During these episodes some of the old characters got some character development and we were introduced to some new characters as well. This will make the coming battles more interesting.

The Hecate moments this episode were nice. I like how she tried to kill Shana because the flame haze is the only threat to their plan. She didn't even care about the opinion of her master. Everything for her goal. After being find out by her master she goes all dere though. This is how I want to see Hecate. Brutal but cute at the same time. Yuji managed to change her mind with his logical reasoning though. Both Yuji and Sairai no Hebi need Shana alive at the moment.

Yuji's speech in the end was great. The big war is finally about to start. I can't wait for all the battles to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Why does Lamies choose to work for Bal Masqué? Although he is a Crimson Denizen, Lamies is not really affiliated with them, and is more of a lone traveller on his own. Thus, I am wondering whether he does gain anything working for them, or it is more of a order from Bal Masqué that must be obeyed.
During the first time that Yuji and Shana met Spiral Organ, Alastor said that the sole reason for Spiral Organ living on is to fulfill one goal. Spiral Organ probably thinks that this is the best/quickest way to fulfill that goal.
Old 2011-11-21, 18:53   Link #62
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This is the type of episode that got my interest immersed in the characters. Right now I feel pitiful towards the Flame Hazes, because seeing the Tomogara united and casually coexisting with each others as buddies before the storm arrives makes me feel empathetic of them, despite being hunters for power of existence.

The episode itself disclosed few answers:
1. First and foremost is Hecate's actual role all along, which to me could explain her certain affinity to Yuuji during the last episodes to the first season.

Likely, her prayers were to trace the route back from when Serpent of Altar's was casted to the Eternal Pit.

2. I don't know if it's twisted to say this, but Yuuji going all megalomaniac now that the Gate towards the ambition has been opened makes him so badass, awesome.
And, her love towards Shana as the Serpent of the Altar is logically explained to a relunctant Hecate. Killing Shana only makes Alastor to lose his current vessel. If that happens, he just returns to Guze for later contracting who could become his third Red-Haired, Red-Eyes Flame Haze.
If that happens, Serpent of Altar would be fearing the most dreadful scenario where Tenpa Jyouzai is activated timed at the most crucial moment: when Serpent of Altar returns to Earth with his original form from the Eternal Pit.

Tenpai Jyouzai would be use in either of the following circumstances:
a. Blowing up the Gate with Serpent of Altar still inside trapping him again between dimensions. OR

b. Consuming Serpent of Altar's true form forever.

Either case, since Yuuji acted on that thread of logic and thus keeping Shana under a stalmate, by making her his sweetheart caged inside a bird cage, both she and Alastor are helpless, and Tenpai Jyouzai cannot be activated.
That's unless Yuuji's underestimating Alastor, and the latter has something else that not even Shana has any previous knowledge about.

Whatever the case this is a foreshadowing that Shana's death flag may rise.

3. Khamsin and Behemoth's return isn't used in waste, because the tale he told Kazumi is in reference to the crossroads she's in right now.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-21, 20:23   Link #63
lightbringer
M9000

To be honest, Yuuji's argument about Alastor seeking a new contractor and appearing at a bad time seems a bit far-fetched and is probably only meant to placate Hecate. Shana did not become contractor overnight, there was a lot of training involved. And there are probably some conditions involved regarding who might be a suitable contractor, so I doubt Alastor could find a good contractor in time to stop Yuuji's plans.
Old 2011-11-21, 20:23   Link #64
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Lamies tells Alastor on Vol. 2 (Lamies' Arc) that he is not intending to piss the Flame Hazes off because he wants to be on the winning side in order to protect himself, this means that he, as a great magician, would be greatly welcome at any side, and as he had to pick up one, he evaluated that Snake of the Festival got more chances of winning this war.
Old 2011-11-23, 21:31   Link #65
alvinkhorfire

Thanks, SkyFlames.

On a unrelated note, at 3m 51s, SnF Yuji said: "Meanwhile, I labored on an unrestricted spell to create a form for myself and persistently forwarded it to her (Hecate)."

For those who have not read any spoiler about this part, here it is some additional information about the laborious process and the true nature of Hecate. Don't worry to view it, as this spoiler is about events that have been animated.

This spoiler is not mine, so I dedicate full credits to all contributors in Novel and Spoilers threads for this information.

Spoiler for Additional Information From Novel:

In short, you can realize that Bal Masqué, especially Hecate, are very patient in waiting for many years to revive their commander. Their patience are duly rewarded with the arrival of Snake of the Festival merging with Yuji.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-11-23 at 21:57.
Old 2011-11-24, 02:29   Link #66
Senshigeia

That's why I so want to read the novels... I mean, the anime is good, but the second season lacked many things, some of them important to the plot. It looks like we were driving at 30km per hour and suddenly we have to compensate with 120km per hour, to "arrive" in time. I thought it would be Hecate when I saw episode 7, but that and a lot of stuff is yet to be explained....
Anyway, next episode is already tomorrow!

Skyflames, you have got to love your sig!!!!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-01-02, 17:50   Link #67
Moridin

Good episode, but:
"No shana, you need that bracelet so that others won't notice you. They might have a grudge against you so I can't take it off. It leaves you powerless but that is ok"
"Btw Shana, come with me when I make my speach so that everyone here can see you"

yeah, nice logic.
Old 2012-01-03, 05:59   Link #68
Senshigeia

Moridin: she had the bracelet to restrain her power. She was seen by everyone, and was treated like a princess.

Old 2012-02-09, 10:06   Link #69
Moridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
She had the bracelet to restrain her power.
Yes, just as I said, the bracelet restrained her power, why are you restating what I said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
She was seen by everyone, and was treated like a princess.
1: No, she was keept hidden and the bracelet aided in that.
2: That was later, and that was the point I was trying to make, that he still brought her infront of everyone, which was completly contradictory to his original goal.

Did you even understand my comment? Nothing of what you said refuted my comment in any way.
Old 2012-02-09, 10:43   Link #70
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
1: No, she was keept hidden and the bracelet aided in that.
2: That was later, and that was the point I was trying to make, that he still brought her infront of everyone, which was completly contradictory to his original goal.
Everyone knew she was there, the bracelet ONLY restrained her powers, he had no hidding or cloaking on her at all. She was free to roam around the place as well. The only reason no one would attack her is because Yuji/SoF gave the other to everyone on Bal Masque to not touch her, and i highly doubt anyone there would be bold enough to disobey his order (except Hecate).
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-02-09, 16:22   Link #71
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yeah, Hecate was the only one to break that order to not attack Shana. Other then that, Snake had a pretty heavy control of the Tomogaras.
Old 2012-02-12, 07:30   Link #72
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Did you even understand my comment? Nothing of what you said refuted my comment in any way.
It was a while ago, but I understood clearly what you said; on the other hand it looks like you didn't get what I wrote... Like Game8910 said here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
Everyone knew she was there, the bracelet ONLY restrained her powers, he had no hidding or cloaking on her at all. She was free to roam around the place as well. The only reason no one would attack her is because Yuji/SoF gave the other to everyone on Bal Masque to not touch her, and i highly doubt anyone there would be bold enough to disobey his order (except Hecate).
Probably I was in a hurry and didn't explain properly, but what I meant by simply replying "She had the bracelet to restrain her power" was that Shana had the bracelet to only restrain her power, just that! Without sensing Alastor inside her, I doubt most Tomogaras would even know she was Enpatsu. For those who knew who she was, and then again like Game8910 stated above, SnH ordered not to touch her. Hecate acted on her account.

Closed Thread