Notices

Old 2012-07-26, 00:08   Link #1201
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
^ You got a point there.

Did anyone of you think of any plothole of OP? One time I was discussing with a friend and then he bring this issue.

In calm belt, no one can ever go there because of the sea kings unless you are using a sea stones to prevent those sea kings from attacking you. That's why only(?) the Marines and the Kuja pirates(thanks to Yuda) so far can have the access using the calm belt. And then my friend was thinking, what IF a pirates have a sea stones and used it then they can have a direct access to calm belt which will lead them to New World easily and they can also go to the end of new world easily. At first I was, yeah you could be right but I forgot that it isn't going to be that easy. First, calm belt is being used by Marines which means it could lead to suicide. Second, let's just say that they manage to evade or win against the Marines and then they are at the end of the new world. The question is, what lies at the end of new world? I bet the Marines thought about this one and might place like gates of justice(I don't know if I understand the meaning of that lol) like in grandline. One more thing, even if they do manage to passed that, can they locate where raftel is? Also, the Roger pirates were the only one mentioned to go to that place.
If said pirate HAD gone straight to the New World, I don't think they would last so long having not experienced how the Grand Line is (weather, etc). At the end of the New World (which theoretically is the end of the Grand Line) should be Raftel, the place One Piece is supposedly hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanda hito? View Post
Isn't sea stone only to combat devil fruit users. Not sure if it would work on sea kings. Plus most of the important pirates are devil fruit users so just touching the sea stone would sap their power. It wouldn't make much sense to keep it on their ships. Most just probably hope they wont see the sea stone but will deal with it when they have to.

And about the One Piece. I doubt there is a treasure or else Buggy and Shanks would already know about it, I mean c'mon they were on Rogers Ship.
Well, seeing as the Roger Pirates were disbanded, it's most likely that Roger had planted One Piece after Shanks and Buggy had left. So teeeeeechnically, they wouldn't know exactly what One Piece is..... especially since Buggy and Shanks both have different thoughts on what "treasure" is~
Old 2012-08-14, 14:07   Link #1202
itachi-san314

quick question since I forgot: how are Appo, Hawkins, Drake and Angel free after Kizuru stomped them all at SA? I know Kizuru had to go after the Strawhats, Kidd and Law and Rayleigh stopped him, but those 4 were pretty subdued
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 14:35   Link #1203
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
quick question since I forgot: how are Appo, Hawkins, Drake and Angel free after Kizuru stomped them all at SA? I know Kizuru had to go after the Strawhats, Kidd and Law and Rayleigh stopped him, but those 4 were pretty subdued
They probably had time to get away and recover from their injuries.
Old 2012-08-14, 14:36   Link #1204
nanda hito?
Cyborg Mafia Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
you're lucky! i have the exact volume in my collection! in chapter 508 hawkins says their chance of death is "zero percent" and their chance of success to flee was "12 percent." I guess that 12 percent worked out for them especially since kizaru left them all unguarded to go after the strawhats. they probably took this chance to run.
Old 2012-08-14, 17:15   Link #1205
itachi-san314

ok thanks. that is weird that kizaru just left them to escape without first letting the navy take them away in seastone cuffs or something...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 15:04   Link #1206
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Do we know anything about Enel's backstory at all? In a recent discussion on another forum, it was mentioned that he could be of significance to the overall story in the future. It does seem possible, especially since, as far as I know, there are absolutely zero facts about his background. This void could be filled with any kind of information and it could have also been held back for this very reason. Am I correct in my assumption that his past is a mystery, though? I don't want to read / watch through that entire arc again. Thanks!
Old 2012-09-04, 18:07   Link #1207
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

All we really know about Eneru's past is the following...

Quote:
Enel was born and raised on Birka, but eight years before the current storyline, after finding and eating the Goro Goro no Mi, he destroyed his homeland and came to Skypiea with his followers. Birka was said to be home to many strong warriors; they were, however, powerless before Enel. Though it was his original home, Enel did not show any sign of love towards it, as he destroyed it without any hesitation. Afterwards, Enel and his loyal contingent of followers overthrew the then current ruler of Skypiea, Gan Fall, becoming the island's new ruler.

Enel maintained a personality cult over Skypiea, truly taking the mantle of "god" to its more literal sense. Though Skypiea still had a sense of peace and paradise, much like in any classic dystopia, it was a false paradise. If anyone dared speak out against Enel, or challenge his list of commandments, he would shoot a giant column of lightning down from the sky to effectively eliminate the dissenter. Along with this, he forced the enforcers who worked under Gan Fall to build him a massive, flying ship called the "Maxim". Enel, after studying history within the Upper Yard, came to the belief that the moon is the legendary land that he sought: an endless land of the sacred dirt, also known as "Fairy Vearth". This is the reason that he constructed the Ark Maxim.

Sooo.... I'd assume no on him being a major factor in things to come.
Old 2012-09-04, 18:46   Link #1208
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
To be honest, that's barely anything. The second paragraph is not really information regarding his past. The only thing in there is that he destroyed his own homeland and then became the ruler of Skypiea. So yeah, I think there is room for him in the future. Thanks though.
Old 2012-09-04, 19:43   Link #1209
Steamzy

At what episode in the Anime does Luffy meet up with his Brother? I've been watching it again lately and I can't wait for this part!
Steamzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 20:33   Link #1210
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
ok thanks. that is weird that kizaru just left them to escape without first letting the navy take them away in seastone cuffs or something...
I think Kizaru just doesn't care that much about anything.
Old 2012-09-04, 22:59   Link #1211
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamzy View Post
At what episode in the Anime does Luffy meet up with his Brother? I've been watching it again lately and I can't wait for this part!
I assume you mean when Luffy met Ace in Alabasta? That'd be either episode 94 or 95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I think Kizaru just doesn't care that much about anything.
Well, he IS a follower of Lazy Justice.... not to mention when Aokiji and Akainu were fighting over the position of Fleet Admiral, Kizaru peobably didn't want any of that~
Old 2012-09-04, 23:35   Link #1212
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, he IS a follower of Lazy Justice.... not to mention when Aokiji and Akainu were fighting over the position of Fleet Admiral, Kizaru peobably didn't want any of that~
Aokiji is a follower of lazy justice, not Kizaru. Kizaru is a follower of uncertain justice.
Old 2012-09-05, 14:02   Link #1213
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Ermm...what's uncertain justice?
I'm guessing it's the kind of justice that's unpredictable. In other words, it's a "mad as a hatter" type of justice.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 13:39   Link #1214
idont

Does anyone think Gekko Moriah is going to reappear with Ace and Whitebeard as zombies.
idont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 15:08   Link #1215
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
Does anyone think Gekko Moriah is going to reappear with Ace and Whitebeard as zombies.

I don't believe so. Biggest reason being Moria doesn't know where Ace and Whitebeard are buried, seeing as Shanks was the one who took care of their burials.
Old 2012-09-15, 22:22   Link #1216
danielevo

hello guys,im newbie, i just want to ask about a place that Enel wanted to go earlier.. And does Enel will appear again ?? thx
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 22:43   Link #1217
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielevo View Post
hello guys,im newbie, i just want to ask about a place that Enel wanted to go earlier.. And does Enel will appear again ?? thx

Spoiler for spoilers:

As for Eneru returning, I'd expect him to. Looking at how Oda does things, I expect to see most villians return later in the story~
Old 2012-09-16, 16:49   Link #1218
AdventSleeper

Just had a question and thought..

Assuming that the One Piece world is round, why must one go through one half of the Grand Line to get to the other half (which is the New World?)

What if the Strawhats had entered the Grand Line to the other side of Reverse Mountain, wouldn't that have been the New World?
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 13:38   Link #1219
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Take a look at this map. Remember the crew went to Logue Town to get to the reverse mountain?
Well, the paths of the mountain only leads to certain places. If they never took the route they did in the series, they'd end up back in the ocean not in the grand line. That's precisely why they had had to go through the grand line then the new world.
Does that help?
Old 2012-09-27, 01:24   Link #1220
AdventSleeper

Aah I see. There's no exit to the New World side on reverse mountain.

Thanks!
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a