AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-29, 10:12   Link #15301
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...you know... mixing harem and hot-blooded shonen tokusatsu is not good for my mental health

But what the hey

CHIFUYU KIIIITTTAAAAAA!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 10:15   Link #15302
Eratas123

@ Demi - I'm mixing darkness with harem antics I'm really not one to talk about
Old 2011-12-29, 10:17   Link #15303
ValiantX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Wait, why would his hair stand out? Maya's hair is green and no one comments on it! Hell, the Sarashiki siblings have blue hair and the Nohotoke's have pink hair and they receive no comment either.
Eh? it was stated that Maya HAS green hair and honne-chan has pink? I thought it was Adaptation Dye Job.

Though I can't really comment on Sarashiki sister, since the illustration clearly shown them as blue haired.
ValiantX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 10:19   Link #15304
Eratas123

@ 3-Senpai - How old would his minimum age have to be to get into the first year class? He looks younger than his already supposed age of 14.
Old 2011-12-29, 10:21   Link #15305
ValiantX3

But hes legally 14, so there is no problem. If they're that desperate, they can check his telomeres... but then they'll found that Y chromosome in his genes....

@FlamesparkZ
We read a lot of obscure webcomic.
Old 2011-12-29, 10:24   Link #15306
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Era-era... darkness + harem is actually a fetish... I won't go into details... but just thought you'd want to know...
Old 2011-12-29, 10:25   Link #15307
Eratas123

@ 3-Senpai - How chaotic would it be once his gender's been exposed? Most likely Double Standards will take full effect her compared to Charlotte's.

@ Demi - What do you mean? Irish is a child terrorist (In a sense) for f's sake! How is that a fetish!?
Old 2011-12-29, 10:30   Link #15308
demino_hellsin
That one guy

girls want bad boys, stockholme syndrome romance, necrophilia just to name a few...

EDIT: Yandere played straight
Old 2011-12-29, 10:30   Link #15309
ValiantX3

Quote:
@ 3-Senpai - How chaotic would it be once his gender's been exposed? Most likely Double Standards will take full effect her compared to Charlotte's.
Double standard? Well, at best they'll accuse him as pervert... at worst... uhm... he's accused as pervert and "rewarded" with... you know.... sexual molestation. Though I doubt readers will react well if you took the extreme end of the stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
girls want bad boys, stockholme syndrome romance, necrophilia just to name a few...

EDIT: Yandere played straight
*Passed out due to shock*
Old 2011-12-29, 10:32   Link #15310
Eratas123

@ Demi - What? How is it stockholm syndrome for them or necrophilia when, and I quote "By technicality, he's Tatenashi's bitch."

@ 3-Senpai - How in the hell does being accused of being a pervert lead to sexual molestation!?
Old 2011-12-29, 10:45   Link #15311
demino_hellsin
That one guy

stockholme - dark if you consider that the dude did bad things, isn't repentant and the chick falls for him and becomes evil as a result. Please watch James Bond movie, the world is not enough.

necrophilia - because there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a thing for dead people * sarcasm*

I wasn't specifying your scenario. I'm just saying examples of dark + romance/harem
Old 2011-12-29, 10:46   Link #15312
ValiantX3

(from this point onward, it's Nii-nii's word )
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Yo Eras, some interesting topic there, sorry not to join earlier.

Notice that guys can be accused being a pervert even though they're (almost) totally innocent? Let's have a deconstruction party:

Basically, they think Irish is a pervert, and he has to be punished. All the while they're sexually frustated, so why don't they use him as sex outlet?

The they'll use him, and they THINK they wouldn't regret or feel guilty (AS IF), since Irish is a pervert and thus they practically gave him a (literal) fucking reward isntead of punishment.

(<sarcasm> since all men are perverts </sarcasm>).

And we have YET to include the goddamned social stigma about men being servant.

Yeah, insane troll logic in the work.

As we discussed earlier, rape or attempted rape is... let's say, sensitive subject. Doubt readers will like it.

Anyway, I'll log in properly tom. See you guys again.
-----------------------------------
EDIT: How vulgar, Baka-niii
Old 2011-12-29, 10:51   Link #15313
Eratas123

@ Demi - I meant dark themes, not dark romance. The romance is the only thing keeping this from devolving into a complete dark fic.

@ 3-Senpai - Uh....I don't think the students of IS academy are that mean. In fact, for all their rampant talk, they seem to be quite innocent. Notice that they act more care free rather than blatantly teasing. Besides, I doubt they can do anything to the guy who managed to fight and nearly kill a rogue pilot in a falling and depressurizing plane.

EDIT: Wait, men are servants? I thought it was just plain sexism?
Old 2011-12-29, 10:53   Link #15314
demino_hellsin
That one guy

zero sounds like he's got some srs girl issues.
Old 2011-12-29, 10:57   Link #15315
ValiantX3

Indeed, as nii-nii said, it doesn't really appropriate with both the themes (sliding scale from dark to light, gray most of the time) and characters themselves.

The sexism in japan, if LN Translation can be believed, roughly sound like that (well, it's Ichika's opinion after all, I myself believe hes' somewhat exaggerating it).

P.S. is nii-nii always that vulgar when posting here?
Old 2011-12-29, 10:58   Link #15316
Eratas123

@ Demi - Nah, he's taking the POV from a guy in Infinite Stratos. Irish refers to women as unattractive or otherwise unappealing, doesn't mean I'm like that.

@ 3-Senpai - Nah, he's not vulgar. Anyway, shouldn't his young appearance deter most people from doing that? he already looks like he's just 13 and a half.
Old 2011-12-29, 11:05   Link #15317
demino_hellsin
That one guy

being a servant and sexual abuse are different. You have to be more "base" as a human rather than "sick", which are two different things. "Arrogance" even farther from the previous two.

In Ichika's description, I believe that women have become "arrogant" in IS-verse rather than , "sick" or "base".
Old 2011-12-29, 11:07   Link #15318
ValiantX3

If we take lighter side of...umm, baka-nii's opinion, we can divide it to several group

1. Silent majority/ indifference, maybe they even tease him due to his 'awkwardness'.
2. People insisting he's a huge pervert and should be banished (militant feminist).
3.a. Pervert crowd who's hots for his male self (shotacon).
3.b. Pervert crowd that insist he should keep crossdressing.

Note the silent majority is achieved if the school staff explain that his presence is sanctioned.

@Demi
Well, you do talk about very dark themes yourself... and Baka-nii said about Insane Toll Logic (sp?)
Old 2011-12-29, 11:07   Link #15319
Eratas123

@ Demi - That's why I was asking. I know women became arrogant in IS, not raging sex abusers. of course, this might apply to women who were like that even before having thoughts of supposed superiority.

@ 3-Senpai - You think being an employee of one of the teachers/students is enough to give him a sanction?

Side note - He does crossdress a lot in the story and it even helps him at times. Also, is Shotacon based on liking a person for having a childish appearance or personality?
Old 2011-12-29, 11:14   Link #15320
ValiantX3

Quote:
@ Demi - That's why I was asking. I know women became arrogant in IS, not raging sex abusers. of course, this might apply to women who were like that even before having thoughts of supposed superiority.

Quote:
@ 3-Senpai - You think being an employee of one of the teachers/students is enough to give him a sanction?
I don't see why not. Unless there's feminist among school staff, they still have to face Tatenashi and Chairman either way.

Quote:
Also, is Shotacon based on liking a person for having a childish appearance or personality?
Usually related with the second, though the first case will be accused as shotacon at any rate.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest