AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-03-19, 04:07   Link #161
EroKing

Don't watch this Genji if you don't like gore. Both the TV series and this movie has plenty of it.
Old 2013-03-19, 04:11   Link #162
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Don't watch this Genji if you don't like gore. Both the TV series and this movie has plenty of it.
TV series? You mean Blood+? I've seen it and love it.. I just not in to those like the slit throat in Psy****
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 04:17   Link #163
EroKing

This is the sequel to Blood-C and contains much more gore than anything in Blood+. I can't remember it having any slit throat scenes but has lots and lots of blood
Old 2013-03-19, 04:52   Link #164
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
This is the sequel to Blood-C and contains much more gore than anything in Blood+. I can't remember it having any slit throat scenes but has lots and lots of blood
Too bad, I got no guts for gore... But since I also read the spoiler... in wiki... I will not like it ...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 06:39   Link #165
YourIdeas

Honestly speaking, the gore isn't that bad and if anything, it had a tendency to be more comedic in the TV series, where the movie barely stepped up the serious factor. (Though in relation to the TV series, I'm only speaking for the censored version. Not compelled to waste 4-5 hours to watch a shitty series again, but with more blood.)

If you want to just watch it in the quickest way possible, Watch episode 1, maybe episode 2, then skip to episode 10 and watch the rest. Episode 3-9 is quite literally the same shit repeated 7 times over.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 11:35   Link #166
Bern-san

And if you watch the censored version of the tv series there's nothing really gore since they add a not-so-subtle layer above the gruesome parts.

At least the songs for both the movie and the tv series were good, here's the ending of the anime she sung during the Clamp Festival 2011:
Old 2013-03-19, 18:56   Link #167
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Personally, I think there's far more "gore" in the TV series than the movie. Especially of the type that Genji seems to dislike.

In fact, I'd say the movie had very little of the type of gore he disliked, which I assume is the more slow, pre-meditated, deliberate type as opposed to action slash and slash. If anything, I think Blood+ had more of that type of "Psycho Pass" gore, than Blood C (tv series or movie) ever had.

/shrug
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 23:55   Link #168
4Tran

This was a terrible film.

The Blood-C TV show seemed like all of its story ideas were designed to fulfill an over-arching vision. Say what you may about how good it is (and there's an awful lot to say ), it always had a good idea what it was doing.

However, the same cannot be said of the Last Dark. Not only did it not have a firm grasp of what it was trying to do, but it played counter to what the TV show was leading up to as well. This should have been a gritty action piece as Saya tried to seek revenge against Fumito while looking for new ways to bypass her restriction against killing humans and reconciling with her monster nature. It could have been cool, but instead we get a story about NCIS-style hackers. Yay. It certainly doesn't help that all of the new characters (and the old characters as well?) are inconsequential, adding very little to the story.

The sad thing is that it doesn't even look very good. The character designs were pretty decent, and some of the backgrounds were good as well. However, the lighting choices (and the color palette in general) in the film were terrible, obliterating the detail or making all of the characters look like corpses.

The dark mood scenes don't fare much better. One of the key scenes in the film was Mana relating the story of her missing father. It might have been a nice character moment, but it looked like this:

Even the action scenes don't fare very well. The action direction wasn't very good in general, and the last fight was hilariously ugly looking. The Japanese government got fleeced on this one - they should have funded more Little Witch Academia instead.
Old 2013-04-05, 04:55   Link #169
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Reactions:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 05:46   Link #170
T-6000

I managed to find the movie online and gave it a watch, and I just got done watching it (*turns to clock* I can't believe it's near 6 in the morning and I'm typing this!). It pains me to say this, alot, but I am very disappointed with the movie and disappointed with Clamp! The story was too simplistic, most of the characters felt so 1 dimensional they were just......there, and what was up with Saya's bitter attitude?! And the ending felt like such a letdown! I was expecting a big payoff, and I got was a ripoff ending with a very brief final fight! The fights were a letdown in this movie, too! I would forgive the lack of action and intense fights, if the story and characters were good! And I am very disappointed with Saya for not telling that red haired girl (with glasses) the truth about her father! VERY disappointed! Saya was the one who told her to find the truth of her father, and she withholds such valuable info?!

Clamp, I expected better! You use to write such good stories with interesting characters and deep stories! They use to be good Manga writers back in the day, but they're loosing their touch! Which reminds me eerily of ID Software. ID use to be one of the best back at the 90s, but ever since the turn of the century they're starting to slip. Please, not you too Clamp!

Last edited by T-6000; 2013-04-15 at 03:53.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 10:29   Link #171
HandofFate

I would not be able to tell that this movie was suppose to wrap up the things in Blood-C at all if it was a blind watch, other than the very few flashbacks.

Style and direction is like a total 180 to what the TV series was.

Gore in the TV series was much higher, but that isn't really an issue, just an observation.
Old 2013-04-09, 12:09   Link #172
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
I give this movie a 4.0 /5.0 on the movie alone. As a wrap up sequel the movie is a little dissapointing. I kinda like Blood-C but I was dissapointed how the series ended and now the movie kinda did he same thing. The anmation was beauiful and the backstory of the new characters were good.

Tags
blood-c, clamp, production_ig