AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-05-09, 11:37   Link #1121
marvelB

^It might be a similar case as with the Gears where they haven't perfected their techniques yet until they reached Water 7. Personally, I don't mind that Oda rarely shows the characters training since I tend to find training arcs dull for the most part, anyway.......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 12:39   Link #1122
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^It might be a similar case as with the Gears where they haven't perfected their techniques yet until they reached Water 7. Personally, I don't mind that Oda rarely shows the characters training since I tend to find training arcs dull for the most part, anyway.......
well... Oda for me is a genius... somehow i just cant underestimate him.... there must be a reason why he didnt tell the story of how they learned that skill...

the only hint for the gears were... "I have to try a new skill"

also I find it weird that Luffy perfected the skill because of "jumping ten times" on the floor???
Old 2011-05-14, 07:45   Link #1123
Kallen4life

what bothers me slightly is that Zoro and Sanji could keep up with Kaku's and Djaburas (sp?) speed with no gears, but Luffy needed G 2-nd for Lucci who is ~2x stronger/faster then those 2 .. but G 2-nd speed increase seems definitely higher then 2x .. so base Luffy is slower then Sanji/Zoro ? especially since base Luffy had a tough time (speed-wise) with Blueno who is much weaker still
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 15:52   Link #1124
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Douriki measures strength not speed. So Lucci's base speed might just be way higher than Kaku and Jyabura's.
Old 2011-05-14, 17:58   Link #1125
Undertaker

Not to mention Lucci is also using Soru to amp up his speed and his Soru skill is probably higher than both of them as well.

Besides as Paradox said, Douriki is a measure of overall base strength. Once you factor in each one's mastery over the Devil Fruit, the gap could grow even bigger. Besides, in Shonen Action, these strength indicator are never just simple math. All you can be sure is that compare to other CP9, Lucci is by far the strongest.
Old 2011-05-14, 18:51   Link #1126
marvelB

Actually, to be a bit more specific, Douriki is supposed to measure athletic prowess in general, not just physical strength. However, it's true that the word is pretty much a fancy term for "power level" in the end, anyway.....

And as far as Zoro and Sanji's speed goes, I'm not really sure about Zoro, but Sanji was always kinda shown to be pretty fast and agile. Heck, we've even seen the guy dodge gunshots at point-blank range (referring to his scuffle with Montblanc Cricket here).......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 20:27   Link #1127
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
And people also gotta take intoaccount Lucci's devil fruit form, the leapord~
Old 2011-05-16, 04:04   Link #1128
Undertaker

Quote:
Actually, to be a bit more specific, Douriki is supposed to measure athletic prowess in general, not just physical strength. However, it's true that the word is pretty much a fancy term for "power level" in the end, anyway.....

And as far as Zoro and Sanji's speed goes, I'm not really sure about Zoro, but Sanji was always kinda shown to be pretty fast and agile. Heck, we've even seen the guy dodge gunshots at point-blank range (referring to his scuffle with Montblanc Cricket here).......
Sorry, I didn't mean strength as actual physical strength and I agree with you completely.

And Zoro also able to dodge point-blank shot though that was in Shanbody.

And just to add, Luffy's trouble with Brueno was not speed-related, in fact, Luffy was doing fine avoiding and catching Brueno with his base speed while Brueno was using Soru . What troubled him was Brueno's Door-Door fruit ability. The only reason Luffyy went G-2nd was to wrap things up quick as they've got no time to lose, otherwise he was in complete control most the fight up to that point.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-05-16 at 04:20.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 14:01   Link #1129
yakumo-chan

Quote:
hmm.... but diable jamble seems to me that its not that hard to perfect since you only need to spin faster to make your foot hotter...

maybe the secret was his shoes.... its gotta be... try to imagine sanji using diable jamble without his shoes

also.. im still wondering why luffy said this:

"When you guys move as if you dissappeared, I saw you kicking the ground over ten times in an instant. I understood the trick, and im glad to know there's a technique to move like this."

- i still dont understand how luffy understood the trick...

-also.. Rokushiki users are still questionable.... Blueno said in that episode that Luffy is already using one of the six techniques.. "Soru"

-maybe we will learn more about Rokushiki users in the future and even how the hell luffy learned gear second

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2011-05-17 at 14:31.
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 02:48   Link #1130
Undertaker

Luffy using Soru can be explain that since since he already had the physical requirement, Once he understands how a technique was used, he can mimic it. Keep in mind that Luffy only said he can now understand Soru and used it against against Blueno.

Soru is a technique that allows you to reach you maxium speed in an instant. If as Luffy said Soru is just "rapid kick to the ground in an instant" than it's easy to explain that Luffy has superior motion vision that caught the act. It also explain why Luffy can't use other technique since the others might require more complex or mental understanding.

As for skills used in CP9 arc. Simple reason would be that they trained off-screen. Oda doesn't draw training arc. Closest he get was Zoro does his lifting in the background and the time-skip, But even then he didn't any show actual training scene.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-05-21 at 04:53.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 06:50   Link #1131
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Luffy using Soru can be explain that since since he already had the physical requirement, Once he understands how a technique was used, he can mimic it. Keep in mind that Luffy only said he can now understand Soru and used it against against Blueno.

Soru is a technique that allows you to reach you maxium speed in an instant. If as Luffy said Soru is just "rapid kick to the ground in an instant" than it's easy to explain that Luffy has superior motion vision that caught the act. It also explain why Luffy can use other technique since the others might require more complex or mental understanding.

As for skilled used in CP9 arc. Simple reason would be that they trained off-screen. Oda doesn't draw training arc. Closest he get was Zoro does his lifting in the background and the time-skip, But even then he didn't any show actual training scene.
I still dont know why he said "I understood the trick"

I mean,, what's the trick?
Old 2011-05-18, 12:49   Link #1132
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I still dont know why he said "I understood the trick"

I mean,, what's the trick?
The trick is kicking the ground over ten times in an instant. When it comes to battle, Luffy is quite astute. Therefore, he was able to comprehend how the CP9 used blitzing speeds.
Old 2011-05-21, 22:13   Link #1133
yakumo-chan

In the ussop arc,,

why is it that Zoro didnt get lost in trying to find where is north?
while luffy have problems in finding where is north?

as far as I remember from the ussop arc,,,

luffy is the one who doesnt have a sense of direction
because zorro manage to find ussop and nami faster
Old 2011-05-22, 04:09   Link #1134
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
In the ussop arc,,

why is it that Zoro didnt get lost in trying to find where is north?
while luffy have problems in finding where is north?

as far as I remember from the ussop arc,,,

luffy is the one who doesnt have a sense of direction
because zorro manage to find ussop and nami faster

Well, best I can say is that this was BEFORE Oda had decided to give Zoro the "bad direction" gimmic. Back then Zoro was more the.... "bad ass who gets caught by all the misfortune" thing going on.
Old 2011-05-24, 02:55   Link #1135
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, best I can say is that this was BEFORE Oda had decided to give Zoro the "bad direction" gimmic. Back then Zoro was more the.... "bad ass who gets caught by all the misfortune" thing going on.
they say that the reason why zoro lost his sense of direction was because of the cursed sword he got from the logue town
Old 2011-05-25, 20:42   Link #1136
MySanity

Could someone please clear this up for me

Jaya Island is supposed to be "out of the reach of the government", right? But Enies Lobby and the Navy headquarters are much farther into the Grand Line than Jaya!

Could somebody explain this to me please?

Also, how could that Foxxy Pirate and the two monkeys possibly have higher bounties than, for example, Arlong? Clearly Arlong was without a doubt stronger.
MySanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 21:02   Link #1137
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySanity View Post

Also, how could that Foxxy Pirate and the two monkeys possibly have higher bounties than, for example, Arlong? Clearly Arlong was without a doubt stronger.
bounties dont indicate how strong you are.
It only indicates how bad you did to the government
Old 2011-05-26, 03:59   Link #1138
Blaine

Also Arlong was bribing a marine to keep his bounty down
Old 2011-05-26, 10:38   Link #1139
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySanity View Post
Jaya Island is supposed to be "out of the reach of the government", right? But Enies Lobby and the Navy headquarters are much farther into the Grand Line than Jaya!

Could somebody explain this to me please?

You just answer the question yourself on Jaya. EL and Marine HQ are both closer to Red Line and the city Mariejoe and WG is on the Red Line. The further away you are from Red Line the further the you are from the reach of WG. So theoretically, the beginning part and the ending part of the GL are the furtherest away from the influence of WG and Marine. Not to mention that Jaya was just a small island with no local kingdom which lessens the need for a Marine Branch.
Old 2011-07-04, 22:44   Link #1140
Ludrio D. Zoki
Comfortably Noxious

Because...

Like to make sure people still are viewing this thread. So, yeah.
Spoiler for Current One Piece accodring to Anime, as of 7/4/11:

Tags
q&a