AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-24, 03:45   Link #1881
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
天 means sky or heaven in Chinese.
As someone else pointed out, 天 is "sky" or "heaven" in Chinese. "Sun" could be 日,阳, or 太阳 depending on the phrase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
It means the same in Japanese and also has an "ama" reading (hence Amaterasu, 天照). Sora is obviously 空, meaning sky. I wonder what the "ta" part of Amata is supposed to be.
Actually when I saw the Chinese subs for EVOL and they used the word 空 for Amata's name I was reminded of a character from Shattered Angles.
Spoiler for Shattered Angels:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 04:55   Link #1882
Shikijin

One thing about kusoonna. "Kuso", which literally means "shit", is a generic derogatory suffix you can stick to everything. For example in anime you can easily hear "kusooyaji" or "kusogaki".

Now that I think about it, IIRC Apollo used it. Sirius was "kusoouji". Silvia was generally "bakahime", but sometimes even "kusohime". I think Apollo once called even Fudo "kusooyaji". Possibly it's a throwback
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 05:00   Link #1883
hai_san

Oh damn 1 strip ep and the forum explode about whether Mikono/Amata or Mikono/Kagura or Amata/Zessica xD or if Amata has a boner for Zessica or not which obviously he has! Really any guy who doesn't is either gay or impotent. It doesnt has to be "love" but any normal guy would react the same as Amata if a bouncy pretty girl hug you or show their cleavage in the face.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 06:56   Link #1884
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
He has the usual anime-style aggressive, macho speech register. I guess him calling women (or just Mikono? dunno) "bitch"/"kusoonna" is meant to be a reflection of his aggressive, "beast like" personality but it's so damn annoying. Apollo was nowhere near this bad. (Btw, funny thing about Kagura is that he has this very simple speech, almost on the "me Tarzan, you Jane." level.
Ah, when I lived in a certain urban city in the US, I had friends who used "bitch" as much as Kagura uses kuso onaa and in the same fashion, that is a generic substitute for girl, and they weren't even from the ghetto at that. Really grated on my victorian sensibilities
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 07:02   Link #1885
Sixth
Hu Tao

How many episodes does this anime going to be?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 07:02   Link #1886
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Random--how come you used an acronym for LMK name but typed out mines? My name has a lot more letters you know,...LoP will suffice
I actually ask people to refer to me as LMK. Whether they prefer to write the whole name of LoveMeKags, call me LMK, or Kags; I'm fine with. Just don't use my actual real name.

---

Anyway, LoP, you have one flaw when trying to make your points: there is only one Aquarion in the past, only one to get evidence from, and it doesn't make for good evidence because there are new characters, new personalities, and a new storyline.

There has never been a split in personalities much like this storyline. It is hard to tell whom is Apollonius in this series, albeit Amata is the only one whom appears to have the "Solar Wings" in the OP. We haven't seen any signs of Celienne outside of theories of which character is which, but there are no signs of her actual self. The characters are very different this time around. All of their personalities are unique to their place in the storyline rather than just being "reincarnations."

You cannot compare scans here from the OS because it is moot. This is only the second series. It isn't like with Macross were you could take Frontier scans and compare them with DYRL. Macross has quite a few series before it to compare to. Aquarion does not. And that pattern has certainly changed since the OS.

My point actually struck some people back when I mentioned a pattern (in romanji) of names and how each of Kawamori's triangles were chosen according to names. A - Z for girls and Z - A for boys. I didn't compare their relationships nor their personalities because this isn't the same.

In Macross, it's common for a pilot/singer to meet a singer/pilot and get to know them over time then fall in love during the series/movies/ovas. In Aquarion, those main characters have already fallen in love and lived one life with it, then still love each other in reincarnation.

However, the flaw in your facts are the fact that you avoid your one point about Silvia and Sirius. They were both the same person yet they had such different personalities. When a personality is split in two, it doesn't look the same as when it's whole. Nor does it ever represent itself the same way twice. Sometimes it could even split into a different section, in which case the personality would be even harder to recognize.

In this case, both Mikono and Zessica make up the actual original personality of Celienne. Whilst Kagura and Amata make up the original personality of Apollonius. Once you join their personalities, you come to realize that they have similarities to the certain faces that were shown in the OS.

Now, I'd love to say this is Frontier, because I love Ranka and really wish she ended up with Alto; but I can't say that Mikono is Ranka and Zessica is Sheryl and then combine Kagura and Amata to make a win for Alto. It isn't Macross. They won't develop feelings over time because those feelings already exist.

Therefore, trying to say which triangle has more chemistry or ability to grow doesn't work. If the romance or love isn't already there, then that member of the triangle is gone. There is no other.

However, there is one exception: if Mikono and Zessica are the same person and Kagura and Amata are the same person; then we'd be able to justify Silvia and Sirius.

But it's up to you entirely on whom is whom in that case.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:44   Link #1887
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Oh damn 1 strip ep and the forum explode about whether Mikono/Amata or Mikono/Kagura or Amata/Zessica xD or if Amata has a boner for Zessica or not which obviously he has! Really any guy who doesn't is either gay or impotent. It doesnt has to be "love" but any normal guy would react the same as Amata if a bouncy pretty girl hug you or show their cleavage in the face.
Believe me, nobody's denying that Amata is a healthy boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
How many episodes does this anime going to be?
2 cours.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 08:19   Link #1888
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
At this point I bet he wishes he were less healthy... XD;;;

Btw it made me laugh in ep 8 when he suddenly realized that he was as good as naked, so he turned and hid his chest. Amata, my boy - right there right now that wasn't the point of interest. XD

Re: reincarnations, didn't they say that they would make it very clear who was the reincarnation of whom? So IMO there's no point arguing about it... they'll make it clear so we just have to wait until they do. I'm pretty sure there are going to be some surprises...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 08:23   Link #1889
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

2 cours.
2 cours means? Sorry, I am not really familiar with this..
Old 2012-02-24, 08:31   Link #1890
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
2 cours means? Sorry, I am not really familiar with this..
Meaning 24-26 episodes.

1 cour equals to one seasonal run.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:36   Link #1891
miketyson

noobita: a "cour" is like 11-13 episodes. Not sure where the term originated, but it means like "one minimal-length season's worth of episodes". So 2-cour means this'll be 22-26 episodes (do we have a specific # anywhere)?

Shikijin: interesting that it's possibly a throwback.

In any case: "wench" is an interesting choice. I don't know if it's a good fit to the original, but as long as it's in the right ballpark it has the advantage of being derogatory but only in a very vague way. Most alternatives I can come up with are too specific about *why* they're derogatory. But, on the other hand, using an archaic term like that does make Kagura seem smarter than I think he's supposed to come across, .

Has he ever used a sentence with, say, a relative clause? I can't remember one offhand.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 08:39   Link #1892
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Meaning 24-26 episodes.

1 cour equals to one seasonal run.
Oh, I see.. thanks for your information.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:43   Link #1893
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
So 2-cour means this'll be 22-26 episodes (do we have a specific # anywhere)?
We do: the BD/DVD listings confirm we'll be getting 26 episodes.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:52   Link #1894
miketyson

Awesome. I still can't believe this is only 8 episodes in, the fabulousness-to-episode ratio is off the charts with EVOL.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 09:36   Link #1895
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Awesome. I still can't believe this is only 8 episodes in, the fabulousness-to-episode ratio is off the charts with EVOL.
Just need the plot-to-episode ratio to increase a little. Hopefully this next episode will be the last of the hijinks and then we can move on to some real development sauce.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:43   Link #1896
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Just need the plot-to-episode ratio to increase a little. Hopefully this next episode will be the last of the hijinks and then we can move on to some real development sauce.
Eh? But I'm still waiting for the Sazanka development episode Not to mention that Donar/Suomi forced date episode where the students tries to hook them up- you know it's gonna happen !
Old 2012-02-24, 09:53   Link #1897
wisteria233

Quote:
Let's take a break from shipping for a moment, because I really want to say....What's Fudo's deal? Does he exist outside of time or is he a being that travels to from parallel universe to parallel universe...for what I don't know? But what's up with him?

You think? I dunno..... I don't think so...
yep you did.

Quote:
What part of "Silvia's fatuous desire for her brother was result of wanting to 'join with her other half" says I believe otherwise? There is no argument there. I'm in total agreement those scans were hinting that they're the same person. It's exactly why I am not bothered by the scan of Mikono on Amata's lap. Hell Touma is embracing Apollo and we know he loved Silvia (Celiane)....I don't understand why you think I believe any differently. um yeah...that's why I said "Apparently this guy is still bitter over Apollon's betrayal, bitter of the fact that the one he loved, loved another". Not trying to be a wise ass but...did you miss that part?
Is it moot? You seemed to have missed the entire reason I posted it. Perhaps the fault is mine, for not making it clear enough. I don't believe those scans hint at a love connection despite being shippy and Silvia a being a bro-con, because she was a bro-con.

Because in hindsight they were the same person and her feelings for him were a result of her desire to "unite" with her other half.
That's not what you said here...
Quote:

They also had some shippy scans of Silvia and Sirius and Touma and Apollo..so I am not worried about the scans they have of Mikono and Amata...even if only one of them is actually shippy

That's why I said in hindsight that scan of Silvia and Sirius wasn't shippy, but it was still hinting at something so it shouldn't be written off. Because in hindsight that picture wasn't shippy at all but it was implying something. Meanwhile the picture of Apollo and Touma was genuinely shippy as it was hinting towards Touma's desire for Apollonious and therefore Apollo. So in hindsight that picture was hinting towards Touma's love, therefore that picture was genuinely shippy.

Quote:
Did he? I could swear he wanted Apollonious' love and it's something he didn't get By then everything was all hunky--dory and Apollonious dying in a noble sacrifice instead of suffering because he betrayed Touma IS NOT what he was after...and by then Silvia reached him and he'd given up. By then saving ZaWarudo had become the most important thing. So...um why did you bring this up again? ....honestly I forgot
Because Celiane/Silvia died a lonely old woman, without bearing Apollonious any children, while he died with Apollonious in a blaze of glory with Celiane's other half (the bad half, which doesn't really remember anyway), who is her brother in that life.

Quote:
I beg to differ here... I'd say they support me
Um yeah and Apollo called Silvia a barrage of names and still I loved them as a pair. So? It's translated as "smelly wench" and that's what I'm running with.... until I see an official source because it's more than one way to say something in ENGLISH and the english translations say "smelly wench" and so I prefer to roll with that. Not saying I can't take your word for it, I'm just not going to because how do I know I can take your word for it
people are just correcting the word your using don't read into it.

Quote:
Where were you when I said that many times? --in fact that's been something I have men Htioned many times as a pro for my ship. You're not that observant are you?
I haven't been following this thread religiously nor have I been paying attention to your previous posts. So your insult holds no meaning.
Quote:
ORLY? You cannot debunk a theory with another theory. You can when you use actual evidence yes, but not a theory of your own It doesn't work like that Because there is nothing that says that Amata should have the same smell as Mikono if they're both Silvia. Because that's a FANON belief and there is no canon evidence that supports this notion. Apollo never ever remarked on Sirius' scent. He did remark on Apollonius' smell being the same as the other shadow angels but he's never ever said Sirius smelled like Silvia, so your theory is moot in my opinion. Because at the end of the day it's all opinions mine and yours. I just prefer mine over yours at this point ...but there is no right or wrong here because we're both just assuming sh!t....
I'm not trying to debunk your theory, nor am I introducing my own, I'm just pointing out simple facts, which you either ignore or twist to suit yourself. Apollo may have never remarked on Sirius's scent but if he didn't remark on it that would mean that it wasn't something that he didn't need to remark on. Also being Silvia's older brother and other half, its highly possible that they would have either the same or a similar scent anyway. This is me using logic. But Apollo has never once stated that Sirius didn't have a scent, so your still twisting the facts to support. However, Amata doesn't have a scent which is something that Kagura comments about, but everyone else in the series has a scent, its just not the one he's looking for. Again I'm not trying to debunk anything I just point out the facts, observations, and logic that don't support it.

If I really wanted to introduce my theory then I would say that it is not "Zessica is not a part of the reincarnation set, but is a red herring, the reincarnation set of Celiane/Silvia is Mikono and Alicia, assuming that they her soul actually split in half".

Quote:
I also said that there was enough to make me believe that Shrade is Sirius so I am not arguing that either. There is no debate there, since I think it's a reasonable assumption to make based on Kagura saying Shrade smelled like "Her" but the fact that he didn't really say who "her" was leaves a bit of room for doubt but I'm not ruling it out either.
Wasn't around to see your post when you said that, and I'm not about to go back and read all of those pages. I'm only replying to your one rant.

Quote:
In a different manner like how? She was jealous of both. Which is why I said it's consistent with her characterization in the OS. It's also the reason I want to see if she will eventually get jealous over Kagura.
As of right now, my point still stands as well.. I don't have a reason to be alarmed yet, because she was jealous over Reika when it came to her brother. It was much like the way she is now....she was angered and showed it openly. I don't see how that's different....
You wrote it off by comparing it to her jealously with Sirius, I merely pointed out that it isn't something to write off considering she would get jealous when Reika was Apollo as well (even though she herself never understood why). What your saying right now is different from what you outright stated in your previous post.

Quote:
Random--how come you used an acronym for LMK name but typed out mines? My name has a lot more letters you know,...LoP will suffice
Because she told us to. But if you want me to wall you LoP then I'll do that.
Quote:
Seriously you can't tell that I've seen it more than once? As Reese Witherspoon said in Freeway. I seen it "so many times" It's one of my faves. It's listed on my profile here and I watch it whenever I get bored, because you know....I like it just that much. I marathon it A LOT. Just recently I did, because I knew Evol would be airing...and I love the original. I always have....
This isn't really aimed at you, its a general complaint I have with people who are watching EVOL and are using the OAD's events to interpret it. Or they just never understood Genesis at all, and are now trying to apply their confused deductions from Genesis to EVOL.

Quote:
I've seen it more than once so thank you but no thank you, I don't need the advice. How bout you tell that to the people that only watched it once because it's wasted on me... I can accept that ....*High Fives* Because you know what? I am also waving a Zessica Flag here. We go together like IchiRuki & UlquiHime or if you prefer like IchiHime and RenRuki shippers. Your gain is a win for my side as well
Good for you, but really I couldn't care less.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 10:07   Link #1898
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Eh? But I'm still waiting for the Sazanka development episode Not to mention that Donar/Suomi forced date episode where the students tries to hook them up- you know it's gonna happen !
Sazanka's lost in fantasy of her fujoshi dreams, kinda like Jin is lost in his fantasies of Alicia (assuming he's miraculously survived getting blown up), that might work for good development to put them together and just have them fantasizing about things. Donar is a bit of a mystery right now, it really doesn't seem like he's gotten over his past (if his dialogue in five is any hint), but some actual development wouldn't hurt his (or Soumi's) character right now as he (and she) is fairly one dimensional.

But this is what I mean, the intro (let's call it the first nine episodes) should work to establish characters, motifs, themes, and relationships, and from there we need to actually start building on them (so along with our triangles, Donar and Suomi would fit here to a degree and be something to build on)... Sazanka is on her own though.

I'm sort of expecting something bad to happen this next episode... the preview and what we expect just seem to in line for it to be that simple. Nothing is ever that simple! Andy becomes the next Donar? Seems possible.
Old 2012-02-24, 10:13   Link #1899
mayumi

http://www.dm5.com/m100199/
manga chapter 2 out. i wish someone would translate those interviews or give general gist of things.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 10:15   Link #1900
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Sazanka's lost in fantasy of her fujoshi dreams, kinda like Jin is lost in his fantasies of Alicia (assuming he's miraculously survived getting blown up), that might work for good development to put them together and just have them fantasizing about things.
For some reason... The Internet has other expectations for Jin...

Quote:
I'm sort of expecting something bad to happen this next episode... the preview and what we expect just seem to in line for it to be that simple. Nothing is ever that simple! Andy becomes the next Donar? Seems possible.
Well I expect it would end the same way for Mix as it did for Zessica this episode-

"Why am I thinking of him?!"

But with 100% more tsun.

Tags
comedy, science fiction