AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-09-07, 03:48   Link #861
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's not just Urobuchi's Lancer, as even Nasu's Lancer has that factor. E Rank Luck that's so bad that in the Carnival Phantasm spin-off, his entire schtick is his bad luck.
Damn it, in my previous post I mentally merged Nasu and Uro into 1 person.

Is that what their long weapons are compensating for?

If there's one thing about Gaim, is that I'm wondering if its going to be a kids show at all, or not? (and does this open Uro's access to Sentai and Pretty Cure as a coming to full circle? )
Old 2013-09-07, 06:04   Link #862
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

& to make matters worst, Kamen Rider Baron's weapon the Bana Spear is modeled after a banana, i wonder what symbolism is Urobuchi trying to make here...... KNIGHT OF SPEAR indeed
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 08:30   Link #863
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just watched episode 53 of Wizard. Well, it's certainly an ending! But I wonder: Super Hero Taisen Z happened before this quite sometime, and it has both Wizard and Decade in it. So why do they seem like strangers on the last two episodes?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 09:33   Link #864
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Movie continuity is kinda wonky. Don't think about it too much.

Alternatively, the Decade seen in Wizard 52-53 is AR Decade (AR Decade travelling through AR worlds? DECADECEPTION!), just as how Haruto met AR Haruto and AR Koyomi.

Really liked the last 2 eps of Wizard, great conclusion, manly tears all around, and it was so nostalgic to hear Tsukasa deconstruct and come to the aesop of the arc again, lol. Especially hearing that music.

I also liked Haruto giving AR Haruto the Infinity ring. That was a nice touch.

Guess the only thing left is to wait for Gaim and see how it goes. That said, while it's going to be darker and edgier, I have a hope it won't be as bad as Madoka.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 12:33   Link #865
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Damn it, in my previous post I mentally merged Nasu and Uro into 1 person.

If there's one thing about Gaim, is that I'm wondering if its going to be a kids show at all, or not? (and does this open Uro's access to Sentai and Pretty Cure as a coming to full circle? )
Well, they're contractually obliged to make it a kids' show, due to toy sponsorship, and that it's still airing on Sunday mornings. Although I guess Kamen Rider operates on a uh, loose definition of "kids' show".

Last edited by Shyni; 2013-10-06 at 13:00.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 18:59   Link #866
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
Well, they're contractually obliged to make it a kids' show, due to toy sponsorship, and that it's still airing on Sunday mornings. Although I guess Kamen Rider operates on a uh, loose definition of "kids' show".
There are times I watch Kamen Rider and go, "Are you sure this is a kids show?" Especially with some of the Showa Riders.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 19:57   Link #867
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

All I could complain is why they doesn't give Neo-Hensei a final form ride, for example, a rocket for Fourze, giant Taja Spinner for OOO and Dragon for Wizard.

Oh, and which is stronger: Decade's Televi-Kun card, or Wizard Infinity All Dragon finish?
Old 2013-10-11, 05:54   Link #868
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Also, I wonder why did they made Sasword a scorpion? They could always use mantis, you know.
Old 2013-10-11, 06:44   Link #869
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Also, I wonder why did they made Sasword a scorpion? They could always use mantis, you know.
From what I remember, it’s a play on words. “Sasoriza” is Scorpion Zodiac in Japanese, so I assume the creative team took that word and combine it with “Sword” as the main weapon into “Sasword”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Oh, and I only just watched 1 "Old-gen": Super-1. It is pretty good, actually. Has a weird vibe that seperate it from Hensei.

But I would gladly choose Hensei (excluding "Neo-" one) everyday.

Oh, I have a question: What is the darkest Hensei series? I think it is Faiz (specially the movie), follows by Decade.
Also, Fireminer, they call the newer line of Kamen Rider series as “Heisei” Riders, not “Hensei”. The word Heisei is based on Japanese Era from which span from Meiji -> Taisho -> Showa -> Heisei. The Heisei era itself started on 8 January 1989, the first day after the death of the reigning Emperor, Hirohito. His son, Akihito, succeeded to the throne. In accordance with Japanese customs, Hirohito was posthumously renamed "Emperor Shōwa" on 31 January (see Wikipedia). That's why the Kamen Rider & Ultraman series which started airing in that era are called Heisei Riders (Agito, Faiz, Ryuki, etc) & Heisei Ultramen (Tiga, Dyna, Gaia, etc).

So, once again, the correct one is “Heisei”, not “Hensei”. A lof of tokusatsu fans know that. Now, I’m correcting you for your own good. You don’t want to keep saying “Hensei” Riders again and again and get misunderstood or laugh at by other fans, do you?
Old 2013-10-11, 07:49   Link #870
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Ups! Sorry! And thanks! I usually messed the detail.

But now remember it, do you guys remember the gems on both side of Decadrive? I think that they represent the Showa Riders. But there is only 6 of them...

Just watch ep.1 of Gaim. Well, better than I though. The opening scene is cool, too!
Old 2013-10-11, 09:40   Link #871
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

First ep of Gaim was good. Cool setting and plenty of mysteries. I'm guessing eating one of these super fruits turns you into a monster and the one defeated in this ep was the MC's friend.

The actor playing Goro-chan (Ryuki) had a cameo in this ep. Dunno if he'll have a recurring role.
Old 2013-10-11, 13:44   Link #872
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

The newer Kamen Rider(s) has it bright moments ,but still I prefer Black ( grew up watching that )

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 14:01   Link #873
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
The newer Kamen Rider(s) has it bright moments ,but still I prefer Black ( grew up watching that )
But when you think about it Black's ending was Bitter Sweet. Kotaro's can't save his stepbrother and his stepsister leaves Japan believing he is dead.

Shadow Moon gives us a glimpse at what happens if a cyborg gets completely brainwashed. Without un-brainwashing like ZX.

The only ones who truly compare to him previously were the Shocker Riders. They had numerical superiority to the Kamen Riders but KR 1 and KR 2 prevailed.

Shadow Moon is a final boss as opposed to the elite mook status of the Shocker Riders.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 19:57   Link #874
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Done it! Just finished setting up a Kamen Rider social club, and I welcome any fan who want to join!

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=914
Old 2013-10-14, 16:21   Link #875
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Gaim episode 2:
Old 2013-10-14, 18:55   Link #876
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for Gaim episode 2:
Yeah!... Make me remember Skull, only goffier!
Old 2013-11-11, 14:44   Link #877
GDB

So, after watching the Taisen Z special, I decided Wizard looks badass. How was the actual series, though? I've only watched Gokaiger and, currently, Gaim, as far as Japanese Tokusatsu shows go, if that makes any difference.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 15:17   Link #878
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, after watching the Taisen Z special, I decided Wizard looks badass. How was the actual series, though?
Personally i found it mediocre. It's mostly a long filler series where the main characters were just there, rarely getting time to shine or grow up. Then we're supposed to care about a particular person in the end, when said character got little development and screentime.
The beginning was promising, and the last arc wasn't bad, but almost everything in the middle section was boring.

Basically, everything Wizard did was done better in pre-Decade shows, so i think there's no reason to start it now. W, Fourze and even OOO tried new things.

Z portrays Wizard as overpowered, and that, he is. It seems he was only cornered in his series when he couldn't use magic properly, or didn't want to.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 23:42   Link #879
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Oh. There's a KR thread in here? I'm surprised.

BTW, just finished watching ep 5. Introducing 6 riders early means the plot is progressing really fast.

And dat teaser for Just Live More mv. Can't wait for the release.
Old 2013-11-12, 11:22   Link #880
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Well, you got to have the players in the Fruity Grail War present before you can start Urobutching.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu