Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-20, 11:07   Link #1821
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Predictions- TOSHINOU KYOUKO, Uiharu
Picks- TOSHINOU KYOUKO, Azusa

Given there is a decent amount of girls that are strong, I don't think repcharge is that wasteful.
Old 2013-10-20, 11:17   Link #1822
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Predictions- TOSHINOU KYOUKO, Uiharu
Picks- TOSHINOU KYOUKO, Azusa

Given there is a decent amount of girls that are strong, I don't think repcharge is that wasteful.
I strongly disagree.

How many of these repechage girls have a realistic chance of winning it all this year? Madoka is an obvious case, but after her, it gets pretty debatable. I'd probably say that all-caps Kyouko has something of an outside shot. After Madoka and KYOUKO, it's a few wild long-shots and mostly no-shots-at-all.
Old 2013-10-20, 11:22   Link #1823
Archaeon

When will this loser play off over and the real one begin?
Old 2013-10-20, 11:26   Link #1824
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
When will this loser play off over and the real one begin?
As I said, we have two full weeks of this...

Going by the R Board provided by Aya Reiko, the loser playoff doesn't end until November 2nd. So the real playoff must begin November 3rd or later.
Old 2013-10-20, 11:29   Link #1825
Archaeon

TWO WEEKS for this pointless loser play off?

Are you kidding me.
Old 2013-10-20, 11:32   Link #1826
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
TWO WEEKS for this pointless loser play off?

Are you kidding me.
I wish I was!

I was initially fine with repechage, but I never imagined they'd actually spend two full weeks on this thing.

Good grief, even if you're going to go through three loser playoff rounds, why not do a full round a day? At least get it done in three days.
Old 2013-10-20, 11:41   Link #1827
Archaeon

Controversial new rule, two weeks of pointless loser playoff,this is definitely the worst Saimoe year ever.
Old 2013-10-20, 12:13   Link #1828
Subayai

Quote:
The new rule says the mod will remove vote that think is is suspicious even though the code is valid right?
Yes, that's right.
Quote:
Do they have stats where votes are not removed due to suspicion?
If you mean the results before the suspicious votes are removed, then yes. These results are released every day along with the results post-elimination of suspicious votes.
---------------------------------------------------------------

About repechage, there are mainly two things I don't like:
One is that the selection of characters should be way more strict than now. Only the strongest losers should make it in. With 32 characters you are bound to have a lot of weak ones that are just lucky to be here at all. The other one is that the time it takes to get this done should be reduced to just 3 or 4 days.

But the basic idea of having repechage is not bad. Madoka could even go and win the tournament and a few other characters can at least make it to quarterfinals. The format, schedule and character selection should be changed though.
Old 2013-10-20, 12:34   Link #1829
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Controversial new rule, two weeks of pointless loser playoff,this is definitely the worst Saimoe year ever.
Yeah, the J-SaiMoe admins have really dropped the ball this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post

About repechage, there are mainly two things I don't like:
One is that the selection of characters should be way more strict than now. Only the strongest losers should make it in. With 32 characters you are bound to have a lot of weak ones that are just lucky to be here at all. The other one is that the time it takes to get this done should be reduced to just 3 or 4 days.

But the basic idea of having repechage is not bad. Madoka could even go and win the tournament and a few other characters can at least make it to quarterfinals. The format, schedule and character selection should be changed though.
I'm fine with the basic idea. I don't think it's necessary to have a "2nd Chance" system, but it's nice to have such a system for situations like Homura getting cheated in 2011.

But like you said, there's no way it should last any more than 4 days. At this late stage in the tournament, most people will want to focus on those who have a realistic chance of winning it all.

My view is that for a repechage girl to have a realistic chance of winning it all, one or both of two things need to apply:

1. The girl lost narrowly and under unusual circumstances (same series-split, sniping, cheating)

2. The girl is from a currently airing anime, and hence could get boosted.

Madoka is obviously No. 1. Kyouko Toshino might be No. 1, since there's at least some reason to suspect she might have been sniped, and she did lose narrowly. I don't think No. 1 applies to any other girl in this repechage playoff. I'm also pretty sure that No. 2 doesn't apply to any of the girls in the repechage playoff (well, except Madoka, counting movies), but I stand to be corrected there.

If a girl doesn't have 1 or 2 going for her, what reason is there to think she can beat the girl that beat her before? There's none, so unless you get into a really rare rock-paper-scissors scenario (i.e Girl A defeats Girl B who defeats Girl C, but Girl C can actually defeat Girl A) this girl just has no realistic shot of winning it all.
Old 2013-10-20, 19:00   Link #1830
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Madoka is obviously No. 1. Kyouko Toshino might be No. 1, since there's at least some reason to suspect she might have been sniped, and she did lose narrowly. I don't think No. 1 applies to any other girl in this repechage playoff. I'm also pretty sure that No. 2 doesn't apply to any of the girls in the repechage playoff (well, except Madoka, counting movies), but I stand to be corrected there.
Mokkan is stronger than people think LOL while TOSHINO KYOUKO is a little bit, well, overrated...

Anyway, for today...
R1-3: Pick/Predict: TOSHINO KYOUKO
R1-4: Pick/Predict: Uiharu

Should be a no contest...
Old 2013-10-20, 19:10   Link #1831
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Mokkan is stronger than people think LOL while TOSHINO KYOUKO is a little bit, well, overrated...
I never said that Tomoka is weak, Ion. If you win a block, you're not weak. But there is reason to think that Saki faction voters might have made the difference in the close Kyouko vs. Tomoka match.

But anyway, if you're right about Kyouko, then that just makes this repechage tournament even less important, as it would mean that the only girl in the entire repechage tournament that has a realistic chance of winning J-SaiMoe 2013 is Madoka. So two whole weeks just to get one more serious championship contender into the Final 16? Yeah, that's wasteful.
Old 2013-10-20, 19:57   Link #1832
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
But anyway, if you're right about Kyouko, then that just makes this repechage tournament even less important, as it would mean that the only girl in the entire repechage tournament that has a realistic chance of winning J-SaiMoe 2013 is Madoka. So two whole weeks just to get one more serious championship contender into the Final 16? Yeah, that's wasteful.
If you really want to go there, technically the only girls that really have realistic chance of winning it all are the MadoMagi girls...

Okay, that and Lovely My Angel just b/c she pwned Madoka and Homura
Old 2013-10-20, 20:10   Link #1833
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
If you really want to go there, technically the only girls that really have realistic chance of winning it all are the MadoMagi girls...

Okay, that and Lovely My Angel just b/c she pwned Madoka and Homura
What about Mokkan? Isn't she stronger than people think?

Ironically, I think Tomoka actually has a slight chance against the Madoka girls. She's an underdog to be sure, but it's not unthinkable to me that Tomoka could win it all this year.

And it's partly for that reason that I think all-caps Kyouko might have an outside shot.

But yeah, I'd say over 50% chance of a Puella Magi winning it all this year.
Old 2013-10-20, 20:41   Link #1834
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
What about Mokkan? Isn't she stronger than people think?
I'm just saying Mokkan is underrated w.r.t. the fact that people think TOSHINO KYOUKO is "assassinated/sniped" even after Mokkan prove otherwise by destroying the Saki girls after that...

Yes, I don't mind if Mokkan wins it all, I just don't think she's anywhere close to the MadoMagi girls in terms of strength, especially when this become more and more a repeat of 2011.

Unless, of course, they throw the MadoMagi girls together in 1st round...
Old 2013-10-21, 02:42   Link #1835
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
Yes, that's right.

If you mean the results before the suspicious votes are removed, then yes. These results are released every day along with the results post-elimination of suspicious votes.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Where can I get the result before suspicious vote removed? The one that let just say this new rule haven't be apply yet.

Is it true legitimate Saki voters were thrown out too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anisu View Post
They shut down the cheaters, but legitimate Saki voters were thrown out too, took it personally, and boycotted.

Last edited by Archaeon; 2013-10-21 at 02:58.
Old 2013-10-21, 03:15   Link #1836
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Where can I get the result before suspicious vote removed? The one that let just say this new rule haven't be apply yet.
For the 'pre-purged' results I'm afraid you have to browse through each of the matches' results posted by Subayai or ion on this thread, I haven't found any compilation for them yet.

Quote:
Is it true legitimate Saki voters were thrown out too?
New ruling said that they will remove the votes that they think are suspicious, but they won't reveal which codes those votes have or the criteria they base on to remove them. With this people would naturally suspect that at least some legitimate votes would have been thrown out. Also Nodoka only got 196 votes as the final result in her final match while her 'pre-purged' result was around 350 votes (even my tracker at the time showed that she had over 300 votes) which raised so much questions from the voters. Right after this particular day the vote total in matches dropped dramatically. After all, can you even believe that Nodoka alone can't get at least 250 legitimate votes? Really?
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12

Last edited by BloodyKitty; 2013-10-21 at 03:57.
Old 2013-10-21, 05:53   Link #1837
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
For the 'pre-purged' results I'm afraid you have to browse through each of the matches' results posted by Subayai or ion on this thread, I haven't found any compilation for them yet.

New ruling said that they will remove the votes that they think are suspicious, but they won't reveal which codes those votes have or the criteria they base on to remove them. With this people would naturally suspect that at least some legitimate votes would have been thrown out. Also Nodoka only got 196 votes as the final result in her final match while her 'pre-purged' result was around 350 votes (even my tracker at the time showed that she had over 300 votes) which raised so much questions from the voters. Right after this particular day the vote total in matches dropped dramatically. After all, can you even believe that Nodoka alone can't get at least 250 legitimate votes? Really?
Hmm..I can't seem to find any of them. All the posted result seems to be the result after the valid but suspicious code according to the admin being removed.

Nodoka certainly should have done better. She's make it to the semi-final three times in a row before.

My concern however is on Toki because if not because of the new rule,she would done better against Mami as she stronger than Yuu.

Last edited by Archaeon; 2013-10-21 at 07:45.
Old 2013-10-21, 06:13   Link #1838
Team Rocket Elite

Matches: R1-5 R1-6

Aoi did better on Kuoyko than Chiho did on Kuroneko. I'm not super confident Aoi will win but I'll choose her. Yozora shouldn't have too much trouble in the second match.

Votes:
Sasaki Chiho
Mikazuki Yozora

Predictions:
Futaba Aoi
Mikazuki Yozora
Old 2013-10-21, 07:14   Link #1839
uis

It is kinda sad after new rules but life need go on.

"Caught up in this never changing life
I never thought that I did experience moe
But it looks like there is no rhyme or reason to how it is strikes
Because would not you know i feel in love with saimoe

Those precious fleeting days have begun to stir away
That once-in-a-lifetime moment and sensation have faded away
But in my heart I will always have these feelings
and the memory of my first saimoe"

Time for miracle...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2013-10-21, 08:43   Link #1840
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
My concern however is on Toki because if not because of the new rule,she would done better against Mami as she stronger than Yuu.
Toki's low vote count in her match against Mami was more because of the Saki faction giving up after Nodoka's match rather than that being her actual strength. Or at least that's what I heard from people who claim to know the big factions in this Saimoe better than us here.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament