AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-01, 14:27   Link #241
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
If you consider the how old Tomoya and Kyou is at current anime episodes, they are at prime age for marriage in Asia. Why can't Tomoya and Kyou have an 'accident' together when they meet?
Ok now i get what you mean...i was at ep 17 at the time so i don't know what you mean...
It has a chance, but considering that it's not included in the game and it's somehow makes Tomoya's love for Nagisa dull a little bit i think not.

Nowadays i imagine what would have happened if Tomoya chose Kyo and we went trough somewhat the same situations...how would Kyou react? Perhaps it would be somewhat "too real" and the whole Kyo X Tomoya married couple not as cute as the Nagisa X Tomoya one(if i consider the Kyou route 's end in the school days time then totaly lovely-dovely!...i felt somewhat Nagisa and Tomoya's relationship a little bit awkward... considering that they're supposed to be totaly in love).
Somehow i have a feeling that Kyou would be a greater help in restoring Tomoya's family life.
If i have started to compare Kyou to Nagissa then i continue:
Both live almost exclusively for others...but when Nagisa starts saddening because of other's self sacrafice, Kyo tries to find some meaning for it.
Perhaps it's natural that Kyou is more selfish, but it's partly because she's more complex person.Kyou is totaly outgoing whiole Nagissa is introverted(but she never relucant to help others). While Nagisa is silent, always nice and perhaps childish, Kyou tend to make hasty decisions, talkative and skilled in hiding her emotions and has proper goals and somewhat wide view of the world.
To cut it short: exept that both live for other people's sake they're polar opposites of each other. That's why it's interesting to think about how would she react in Nagissa's situation...Maybe i'll make a fanfiction about it.
Old 2009-03-07, 17:32   Link #242
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

kyou totally steals the spotlight from ryou, just like kakami steals the spotlight from tsukasa in lucky star

i bet ryou is working in new hospital in town.
Old 2009-03-08, 04:48   Link #243
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Ok now i get what you mean...i was at ep 17 at the time so i don't know what you mean...
It has a chance, but considering that it's not included in the game and it's somehow makes Tomoya's love for Nagisa dull a little bit i think not.

Nowadays i imagine what would have happened if Tomoya chose Kyo and we went trough somewhat the same situations...how would Kyou react? Perhaps it would be somewhat "too real" and the whole Kyo X Tomoya married couple not as cute as the Nagisa X Tomoya one(if i consider the Kyou route 's end in the school days time then totaly lovely-dovely!...i felt somewhat Nagisa and Tomoya's relationship a little bit awkward... considering that they're supposed to be totaly in love).
Somehow i have a feeling that Kyou would be a greater help in restoring Tomoya's family life.
If i have started to compare Kyou to Nagissa then i continue:
Both live almost exclusively for others...but when Nagisa starts saddening because of other's self sacrafice, Kyo tries to find some meaning for it.
Perhaps it's natural that Kyou is more selfish, but it's partly because she's more complex person.Kyou is totaly outgoing whiole Nagissa is introverted(but she never relucant to help others). While Nagisa is silent, always nice and perhaps childish, Kyou tend to make hasty decisions, talkative and skilled in hiding her emotions and has proper goals and somewhat wide view of the world.
To cut it short: exept that both live for other people's sake they're polar opposites of each other. That's why it's interesting to think about how would she react in Nagissa's situation...Maybe i'll make a fanfiction about it.
Dude, it has been over 5 years since Nagi died and Tomoyo's love for her didn't wane the slightest, the damn guy was a wreck for all those years (that's beyond the norm, of course there are some exceptions like there are exceptions to everything in life). But people wish for happiness for both themselves and the ones they love. Tomoyo has to move on, wish he is doing, come to term and realization that Nagi is gone. And I'm sure if Nagi's spirit were to talk to him, she would tell him he needs to move on as well and also find happiness. Man, in all actually, Tomoyo's love is way stronger than than the norm and real world. OK, basically all I'm trying to say is that: it wouldn't dull anything if Tomoyo fell in love again, it actually makes it all more realistic. Romanticizing about a single love your whole life sounds nice and all, but no..... especially since he's still damn young and all this happened so early in his life. He's like what, 23 or 24? Damn young and in his prime....... the freakin guy has already experience more emotional turmoil than most people do their whole life!

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-03-08 at 05:05.
Old 2009-03-08, 07:08   Link #244
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I found strange that Kyou didn't take a visit at Ushio when she was ill...she's her kindergarten teacher and not the least Tomoya's friend...so it'll be natural if she did that.(perhaps maybe even did it, but it's not included).
Yeah Tomoya was the plaything of the town...giving him something just to take that away from him to cause more sadness to him...
In reality it's more than possible that Kyou has already someone when she met with Toimoya in the kindergarten...perhaps in an anime the characters hardly can get over their previous crushes and loves.
Old 2009-03-28, 09:29   Link #245
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

For all of you Kyou fans, even if KEY won't be making a Kyou continuation any time soon, there is at least a very promising doujinshi project in the making.

The story takes place during Clannad After Story after Nagisa died giving birth to Ushio. Apparently, even after these years Kyou still has feelings for Tomoya, and thus that is where the story begin...

So without further ado:

杏アフター -another way another ring-

http://nullsyndrome.jp/clan/cl_top.html#

- Tak (Rejoice?)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-03-28, 17:50   Link #246
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
For all of you Kyou fans, even if KEY won't be making a Kyou continuation any time soon, there is at least a very promising doujinshi project in the making.

The story takes place during Clannad After Story after Nagisa died giving birth to Ushio. Apparently, even after these years Kyou still has feelings for Tomoya, and thus that is where the story begin...

So without further ado:

杏アフター -another way another ring-

http://nullsyndrome.jp/clan/cl_top.html#

- Tak (Rejoice?)
If they make the plot interesting enough, I might take a look at that

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-03-28, 19:50   Link #247
TubZzz
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
any idea when this doujinshi project will be released... it looks promising
Old 2009-03-28, 20:40   Link #248
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubZ View Post
any idea when this doujinshi project will be released... it looks promising
It does. But since the website is only opened this month, I doubt the game will be completed any time soon. All I can do is to check back often, cross my fingers, and... wait.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-03-28, 20:59   Link #249
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess the one who drew Kyou on naughty clothing didn't read her story in the Another story book.
Old 2009-03-29, 03:23   Link #250
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I guess the one who drew Kyou on naughty clothing didn't read her story in the Another story book.
I am more than certain that the production team who will be handling this project knows Clannad inside out in ways that we probably can never comprehend. Although why does this project have to do with the Another Story Book is beyond me.

That being said, it is a doujinshi project, and they are not even remotely making any effort to hide the fact that it is a H-game. Thus why she could be in a rather... compromising position.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-29, 10:45   Link #251
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Although why does this project have to do with the Another Story Book is beyond me.
Even if it's not on the same timeline, by understanding her behavior and reactions to different situations you can better understand her character, which should remain constant even if the stories are different. If there is something about her character that that story highlights is... that she doesn't like naughty things
Old 2009-03-29, 11:28   Link #252
Tak

Quote:
that she doesn't like naughty things
Certainly that is true, but we have also seen situations where she had somewhat compromised. Besides, what happens in the bedroom is a completely different story.

That said, the CGs did not feature her in specifically 'naughty' clothing. Beyond her PE outfit and her undergarments, which are both standards of the day, she really isn't wearing anything specifically naughty.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-29, 12:26   Link #253
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
that she doesn't like naughty things
That wouldn't be fair to us fans if she doesn't.

Besides I beg to differ, watch episode 10 and episode 12 from the first season, both are somewhere shown in the middle.

Either that or she has got a sexual inclination towards Kotomi and using "tickled maternal instincts" as an excuse.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-29, 12:30   Link #254
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She does have a similar "trolling" aspect of her personality that Tomoya has. Thus Kyou messing with Kotomi is about like Tomoya messing with Fuuko or Sunohara.
Old 2009-03-29, 12:53   Link #255
Tak

Besides, Kyou route's ending pretty much suggested that she'd behave differently when she is... alone with Tomoya

- Tak

Old 2009-03-29, 13:02   Link #256
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

A typical tsundere, hard on the outside, soft on the inside.

Quote:
Besides, Kyou route's ending pretty much suggested that she'd behave differently when she is... alone with Tomoya
Now you make me want her so much.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-29, 13:10   Link #257
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
A typical tsundere, hard on the outside, soft on the inside.
That got me thinking, since I was thinking about Tomoyo in comparison to Kyou. But now I am not too sure which characteristic I can pin on Tomoyo.

She is not exactly tsundere.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-29, 13:19   Link #258
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
That got me thinking, since I was thinking about Tomoyo in comparison to Kyou. But now I am not too sure which characteristic I can pin on Tomoyo.

She is not exactly tsundere.

- Tak
I would say that she is just honest, tactless and slightly dense.

And she is a perfect target for Kyou's meanness, when she exclaimed, upon Ryou's suggestion that "contacts are scary", Kyou proceeds to make a face at her.

It is a pity that there isn't a scene in which both of them are fighting over Tomoya (I mean physically, the one in Ep18 S1 doesn't count).

P.S Her character song has the highest BPM, at around 140-142.

Old 2009-03-29, 14:23   Link #259
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

mmm. kyou in bath... without a doubt, she's my favorite character in the series. i'm looking forward to see how that doujin goes.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:32   Link #260
Tak

Quote:
I would say that she is just honest, tactless and slightly dense.
I don't know, more like straight-forward for me. While she did lack tact, I'd say she is not interested in wasting time and wanting to get things over with.

Quote:
And she is a perfect target for Kyou's meanness, when she exclaimed, upon Ryou's suggestion that "contacts are scary", Kyou proceeds to make a face at her.
I cannot understand their rivalry really. There wasn't much to rival over. Sure, in EP 18, there was a slight rivalry over Tomoya, although both girls went at it pretty much for different reasons. Kyou was jealous and Tomoyo was just fulfilling an obligation.

But I have to admit, the only time they doubled-teamed Sunohara was probably the most epic thing to witness.

- Tak

Closed Thread