AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-17, 19:04   Link #1961
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Jeremiah ordered them to retreat, actually, and more to the point they had been ordered to hold fire before that.
Old 2008-10-17, 19:12   Link #1962
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Well, they had been Geassed into following Emperor Lelouch's every command. Once he was dead, I suppose the Geass could have just worn off since the conditions set for it would be moot (unless he survived, but then he wouldn't be EMPEROR Lelouch anymore. He might not even be Lelouch).
Old 2008-10-17, 19:18   Link #1963
Train Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, they had been Geassed into following Emperor Lelouch's every command. Once he was dead, I suppose the Geass could have just worn off since the conditions set for it would be moot (unless he survived, but then he wouldn't be EMPEROR Lelouch anymore. He might not even be Lelouch).
Then why does Suzaku still has his live on command?
Train Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 19:19   Link #1964
shinigami99

Lol nope he wont be Lelouch anymore. He would dye his hair white and call himself R.R. and have as much sex with C.C. as he wants

yea right.
As for the Jeremiah issue, Lelouch may have told them to obey Jeremiah. As we know, someone under a geass doesnt NECESSARILY regain themselves after the person who casted the geass dies(I mean, look at Nunnally)
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 19:27   Link #1965
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

My point is that since Emperor Lelouch could no longer give orders, the conditions for the command would be moot. They would still technically be Geassed, but the order would no longer have any power.
Old 2008-10-18, 00:11   Link #1966
Charred Knight

Most likely Jeremiah just ungeassed them, it would be one thing that added to Lelouch's image.

Either that its a sequel hook where the hundreds of soldiers form a new army in revenge, and the whole place falls apart because its Suzaku (stong pilot horrible leader), and Ougi (horrible leader) being leaders of the world.

Keep in mind that death do not effect geass, just look at Charles geass which kept until Nunnaly broke it. If Lelouch died and those soldiers where not ungeassed than they would probably be loyal to him, and die fighting Suzaku.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 00:41   Link #1967
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Also, if it was not the case that they were degeassed, Lelouch could just have ordered them to "follow everything Jeremiah orders". The be-all end-all command anyway was already given: "Acknowledge me" <==> "Do anything I order from now on". This command also maximizes the geass of Lelouch. You could order them whatever you want for as many times as you want.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 00:43   Link #1968
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The soldiers were actually told to become his slaves, though in practice such an order isn't all that different.
Old 2008-10-18, 00:54   Link #1969
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The soldiers were actually told to become his slaves, though in practice such an order isn't all that different.
Which would mean that they would be in open revolt against their master's murderer, Zero.

Is it just me or between that, and Prime Minister Ougi is this an ending telling me the Earth is screwed.
Old 2008-10-18, 00:56   Link #1970
Dream_Traveller
Banned

No, because Ougi, despite people panning him for BETRAYING THE ALMIGHTY LELOUCH, the most HEINOUS CRIME EVER, might not be a shit Prime Minister, and Jeremiah probably de-Geassed all the masked fellows or they were arrested by Cornelia and co.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 00:57   Link #1971
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Which would mean that they would be in open revolt against their master's murderer, Zero.

Is it just me or between that, and Prime Minister Ougi is this an ending telling me the Earth is screwed.
For what reason would slaves wish to avenge their master? Servants and underlings, sure, but not slaves. It also doesn't take into account the fact that Lelouch could have ordered them to obey Jeremiah.

Ohgi is only Prime Minister of a single nation part of an alliance full of people who are likely smarter than him in such matters. His lack of skills will be offset by an experienced cabinet.
Old 2008-10-18, 01:23   Link #1972
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
No, because Ougi, despite people panning him for BETRAYING THE ALMIGHTY LELOUCH, the most HEINOUS CRIME EVER, might not be a shit Prime Minister, and Jeremiah probably de-Geassed all the masked fellows or they were arrested by Cornelia and co.
The problem with Ougi is not that his a traitor just incompetent to be Prime Minister. He has no political experience, he has never shown brains enough to lead Japan. This isn't like Rossiu who basically lead Kamina City while Simon goofed off with his Cabinet. Rossiu showed brains, intelligence, and leadership abilities, something Ougi never did.

Ougi: Nice guy, a fan of his, but not exactly leadership material.

Quote:
For what reason would slaves wish to avenge their master? Servants and underlings, sure, but not slaves. It also doesn't take into account the fact that Lelouch could have ordered them to obey Jeremiah.

Ohgi is only Prime Minister of a single nation part of an alliance full of people who are likely smarter than him in such matters. His lack of skills will be offset by an experienced cabinet.
Given the protrayal of Geass on people, I am betting revolt, just look at the guy who shot himself in the first episode, its like it was the happiest day of his life. You think they are going to go from 'ALL HAIL LELOUCH" to "Who gives a crap"? I don't think so

Also A Prime Minister to quote President Bush has to be "The Decider", and Ougi is going to be The Decider. The cabinet can only give him suggestions, and advice, and he has to choose the right one. The cabinet is not going to agree on everything.
Old 2008-10-18, 01:43   Link #1973
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Ougi: Nice guy, a fan of his, but not exactly leadership material.
Sometimes symbols are more important than experience, or at the very least get the votes.

Quote:
Given the protrayal of Geass on people, I am betting revolt, just look at the guy who shot himself in the first episode, its like it was the happiest day of his life. You think they are going to go from 'ALL HAIL LELOUCH" to "Who gives a crap"? I don't think so.
The command is important, and those under the effect of Geass have very little free will. Revenge wouldn't come into play. They are ordered to be his slaves. One cannot serve the dead, so the order doesn't matter.

Quote:
Also A Prime Minister to quote President Bush has to be "The Decider", and Ougi is going to be The Decider. The cabinet can only give him suggestions, and advice, and he has to choose the right one. The cabinet is not going to agree on everything.
I don't want to get started on Bush. Yes, Ohgi is the decider, but there are people there who will make relatively sure that what he decides won't be so detrimental as to tear the country apart overnight. It's not like it'll be a lifetime term.
Old 2008-10-18, 01:58   Link #1974
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Just wondering, is there any new information from the above magazine?
I'm planning to get the magazine if no one picks it up and shares tidbits from it.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 02:31   Link #1975
blottyparchment

Animage November 2008 Okouchi Interview Part 1

The Okouchi interview is so long and I can't do it all in one go. So, until somebody provides a more detailed and accurate translation of it, I'll post a loose summary for the meantime.

Pink-chan, I'm borrowing your links. That alright?

DISCLAIMER: This is only a loose translation/summary, not word-for-word.

Feel free to correct any mistakes in translation.

Animage November 2008 Okouchi Interview Part 1:

"Code Geass" is a story about seeking tomorrow

Upper half of the page:
The characters who sought tomorrow
(Will add more soon. I'm just going page by page):
Lelouch vi Britannia - He understood people's desires through the World of C. That was, the desire for tomorrow. To compensate for continuing to involve the people he used geass on, he decided to carry the burden of fulfilling the wishes of the people. He sought not his own tomorrow, but the tomorrow that the world sought for.

C.C. - Her wish was to die as a human, but after spending time with Lelouch, C.C. also wished for tomorrow. She made up her mind to ensure the tomorrow of the world that Lelouch had left.

The Lelouch who is always facing forward
Animage: One of the themes of this work is "Rebellion". Do you think Lelouch succeeded in his rebellion?
Okouchi thinks that Lelouch did succeed. Despite being opposed by the whole world, he was able to go through with it until the very end.

The themes that Okouchi considered depicting in the series:

Okouchi mentioned themes like mecha, school, tactics, super powers, and many other things, but the first thing on his mind had to be the character named Lelouch. The title was "Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion" after all. He had written a script that felt like a biography of the man named Lelouch.

Feedback regarding the script:
Okouchi had already decided the outcome of the story from Stage 1. He talked about it with a number of the staff, but he never got their opinion back then. Even after half a year, when he had a more concrete idea of the ending, he still did not have others' opinions.

About the staff's consensus regarding the last scene:
The staff contemplated about how they would like the epilogue to be and had a survey from which they picked the ending they would like.

What Okouchi felt after completing the script:
Okouchi was silent after finishing the script. Because the script of Code Geass was demanding on production, as much as possible, he wanted the production team to finish earlier than scheduled, but consequently, he did not feel much.

Animage: The production of Code Geass certainly seemed to have taken a lot of time, didn't it?
This part talks of how a lot of cuts in the story had to be made, and how the production team had to work hard. Even as cuts were made, more (character and story) settings were established and the number of images that had to be drawn also increased. Character and mecha elements were plentiful, so skillful staff were needed. Code Geass exceeded everyone's imaginations with the help of the staff.

About how Code Geass contains so many things and if Okouchi did not find it difficult to write the script:
Okouchi said that it was difficult for him, what will the mecha and school elements. In the first place, when the story was being planned out, he had to work with many things. Compared to the first season, the stage of second season moves from Japan to a wider stage - the world. The amount of information that had to be provided would definitely increase. And at the same time, because R2 was considered a new program, they had to make adjustments for the new followers and those who were already familiar with the series from before. Because Okouchi was challenged to take the story to another level, to advance it further, it was difficult. When the outcome was decided, that was only the time Okouchi felt assurance.

About the last part portending an opportunity to change the world:
Okouchi thought that it was nonsense think that the world could completely change by Lelouch's actions. The world can't be change as easy as that. But, if we people given the chance, they can find direction. Certainly, Lelouch and the others had ended the war. However, it doesn't mean an ever lasting peace. The constant efforts of the people who remain are very much needed to maintain that peace. What Okouchi meant by that was, Nunnally, Kallen, and Zero (Suzaku), the ones who remain, will play an important role. They will live the story by the meaning of experiences lie there.

----------

Part 2 may be up later, tomorrow, or never, if somebody else already plans to translate.

Also, according to 2ch, Lelouch's profile on geass.net says:

Quote:
186 :名無しさん@お腹いっぱい。:2008/10/17(金) 13:15:04 ID:bt5QORZ/O
自分の命と引き換えにゼロレクイエムを完遂させた
He accomplished Zero Requiem in exchange for his own life.

^

This and the last question on the first page of Okouchi's interview clearly says who is alive and who is not.

Last edited by blottyparchment; 2008-10-19 at 07:22. Reason: Code Geass is a story about SEEKING tomorrow, not saving...my brain is not functioning well >_>
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 02:33   Link #1976
Charred Knight

Quote:
Sometimes symbols are more important than experience, or at the very least get the votes.

The command is important, and those under the effect of Geass have very little free will. Revenge wouldn't come into play. They are ordered to be his slaves. One cannot serve the dead, so the order doesn't matter.

I don't want to get started on Bush. Yes, Ohgi is the decider, but there are people there who will make relatively sure that what he decides won't be so detrimental as to tear the country apart overnight. It's not like it'll be a lifetime term.
A symbol is nice, you just don't want a symbol leading you. That's why they have constitutional monarchies. The United States kept the Emperor of Japan around to be a symbol of the restored Japan, they didn't have the Emperor of Japan, lead Japan, they had other people make the reforms.

You can serve them with revenge, see the 47 Ronin.

Japan was already pretty much destroyed, how can electing an incompetent help them rebuild. Most of the wealthy where killed in the Fleija incident.
Old 2008-10-18, 02:38   Link #1977
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
A symbol is nice, you just don't want a symbol leading you. That's why they have constitutional monarchies. The United States kept the Emperor of Japan around to be a symbol of the restored Japan, they didn't have the Emperor of Japan, lead Japan, they had other people make the reforms.

Japan was already pretty much destroyed, how can electing an incompetent help them rebuild. Most of the wealthy where killed in the Fleija incident.
You seem to be under the impression that what was nuked belonged to Japan. You'd be quite mistaken. Those were largely Britannians who died. It is their wealth that were suffered. Even more so when you consider that Britannia financed reconstructing the settlement. All in all, you're making more of one incident than is there. Ohgi would not have too hard a time managing Japan given that Lelouch left it in a decent state by taking over the planet. In this case, a symbol, with the right people guiding him, would make a decent leader.

Quote:
You can serve them with revenge, see the 47 Ronin.
Again, free will. They have it, Geassed people don't. They can only act in a way which allows them to carry out their orders. With master dead, the order is meaningless, or at the very least falls down the chain of command.
Old 2008-10-18, 02:53   Link #1978
Charred Knight

Quote:
You seem to be under the impression that what was nuked belonged to Japan. You'd be quite mistaken. Those were largely Britannians who died. It is their wealth that were suffered. Even more so when you consider that Britannia financed reconstructing the settlement. All in all, you're making more of one incident than is there. Ohgi would not have too hard a time managing Japan given that Lelouch left it in a decent state by taking over the planet. In this case, a symbol, with the right people guiding him, would make a decent leader.

Again, free will. They have it, Geassed people don't. They can only act in a way which allows them to carry out their orders. With master dead, the order is meaningless, or at the very least falls down the chain of command.
Who do you think had all the wealth in Japan? It was the Britannians, , all of the ones who didn't flee are dead. Obviously the Britannians are not going to want to return to Japan so that leaves the poor Japanese to take up the place.

The average japanese worked menial labor. Their the equivalent of illegal immigrants, in the US.
Old 2008-10-18, 02:58   Link #1979
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Who do you think had all the wealth in Japan? It was the Britannians, , all of the ones who didn't flee are dead. Obviously the Britannians are not going to want to return to Japan so that leaves the poor Japanese to take up the place.

The average japanese worked menial labor. Their the equivalent of illegal immigrants, in the US.
Japan's wealth is not centered in a single area of a single city. Its wealth lies in its sakuradite. Granted, Lelouch blew the mountain up, but it still holds the majority supply. Blowing up the settlement wouldn't leave the country destitute for years to come, and obviously didn't since everyone managed to ship out or find new accommodations fairly quickly. You're being far too narrow-minded.
Old 2008-10-18, 03:28   Link #1980
Charred Knight

Quote:
Japan's wealth is not centered in a single area of a single city. Its wealth lies in its sakuradite. Granted, Lelouch blew the mountain up, but it still holds the majority supply. Blowing up the settlement wouldn't leave the country destitute for years to come, and obviously didn't since everyone managed to ship out or find new accommodations fairly quickly. You're being far too narrow-minded.
So your saying that Ougi has the gun and his going to threaten the world with it?

For Sakuradite to do all that then Suzaku, Nunnaly, and Cornelia, would have to allow Ougi to use the Sakuradite as a monopoly, Japan's growth is in rebuilding its shattered infrastructure due to the previous 2 wars, and in training the Japanese into things like electronics like the real world Japanese.