AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-03-20, 20:55   Link #10261
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Not enough info, dude. What do you mean by 'total ass'?
I try to start a conversation all she says is "bye"
Old 2012-03-20, 21:07   Link #10262
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
She could be busy with her own stuff at home? She just doesn't like conversing online? Maybe she's avoiding you because the impression that she likes you is all in your own head, and she's polite to you in public only because she doesn't have a choice otherwise?

There could be so many reasons for this sort of behaviour, you know. Best thing you can do is to call her out on it, and get the full story.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 21:22   Link #10263
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
That's weird... you'd think that she'd just ignore you if she didn't want to have a conversation. Saying "bye" seems like she's either snubbing you, or something else. Maybe she thinks it's a joke? Have you tried asking her about it?
Old 2012-03-22, 12:22   Link #10264
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
She could be busy with her own stuff at home? She just doesn't like conversing online? Maybe she's avoiding you because the impression that she likes you is all in your own head, and she's polite to you in public only because she doesn't have a choice otherwise?

There could be so many reasons for this sort of behaviour, you know. Best thing you can do is to call her out on it, and get the full story.
Oh no its not in my head lol I'm pretty sure ( a lot of drunk calls )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
That's weird... you'd think that she'd just ignore you if she didn't want to have a conversation. Saying "bye" seems like she's either snubbing you, or something else. Maybe she thinks it's a joke? Have you tried asking her about it?
I will ask her but I think she's jealous of the attention I've been giving one of our mutual friends (another girl I like). I thank Twitter for that it seems like every girl knows every other girl around here
Old 2012-03-22, 12:27   Link #10265
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Oh no its not in my head lol I'm pretty sure ( a lot of drunk calls )

I will ask her but I think she's jealous of the attention I've been giving one of our mutual friends (another girl I like). I thank Twitter for that it seems like every girl knows every other girl around here
God I hate social networks and how people "burb and fart" everything on them.

For that reason I dont share any personal info on FB and I never really understood the purpose of twitter.

King Lycan, how old is that girl? That behaviour reminds me of teenie antics. In case she is a teenager, than it is a normal behaviour She will grow out of it eventually.

Btw, is the other girl you like equally complicated? If not, maybe you want to concentrate your attention on the second, it will be less of a rollercoaster ride.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 09:42   Link #10266
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

I need someone to know this. Need to get it off my chest.

If I could ask her one thing, it would be, "Did I ever have a chance to begin with?"

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 09:45   Link #10267
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post

If I could ask her one thing, it would be, "Did I ever have a chance to begin with?"
I understand that feeling. I couldn't help but think what could have been if things work out

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 11:38   Link #10268
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I understand that feeling. I couldn't help but think what could have been if things work out
We all think about what-ifs and what-might-have-beens. More so as we get older. I think it's only natural to think about the different directions your life might have taken.

What if I took the computer job instead of the retail job?

What if I kissed Marjorie that night on the beach instead of chickening out?

In the end, where you are today is usually because of the decisions you made earlier in life whether they were good or bad decisions. Either way, they are in the past and cannot be changed.

Also, while it might be entertaining for a while to think about what-ifs, it's best not to dwell too much on them. Even with the bad decisions I made in my life, if I didn't make them, I would never have met my wife, and there certainly would not be the daughter that I love and cherish now.

Endless "No regrets" Soul
Old 2012-04-05, 13:31   Link #10269
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post

In my opinion, you learn a lot more from failed relationships than from successful ones. I had a six month relationship with a girl, that, had I known then what I do now, was clearly doomed from the start. There was a lot of fighting and frustration, despite the few good times, and I don't think I was ever really happy. Would I take it back, though? Absolutely not.
Old 2012-04-05, 13:35   Link #10270
GDB

But you only need one successful relationship. The only way those end is death or if it turns into a failed relationship, thus no longer being the "one" successful one you need. And if it ends via death, then you have a 50% shot of no longer having to deal with that problem anyway.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 16:12   Link #10271
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But you only need one successful relationship. The only way those end is death or if it turns into a failed relationship, thus no longer being the "one" successful one you need. And if it ends via death, then you have a 50% shot of no longer having to deal with that problem anyway.
That's not really how statistics work...it's like saying I can either win or not win the lottery, so I have a 50% chance of winning. Not quite.

And relationships, like anything else, get better with practice. Sure, you only need one successful relationship, but the lessons you have to learn to make a relationship successful often come from failed ones. Are there lucky people who found the love of their life on the first try? I'm sure there are. I'm also sure they're in the minority.
Old 2012-04-05, 16:19   Link #10272
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
And relationships, like anything else, get better with practice. Sure, you only need one successful relationship, but the lessons you have to learn to make a relationship successful often come from failed ones.
That is very true. I dont regard any of my failed relationships as lost time, no matter how horrible and destructive they were. If nothing else, I learned about what people are capable of and I also learned from my own mistakes.
Old 2012-04-05, 17:56   Link #10273
AmandaFields
Genkaku Fangirl~

Well, to put my two cents in, I've been rejected by every guy I've ever asked out or told that I've liked him; rejection usually including insults. Although not always related, I've also had guys beat me up before. The last guy to reject me rejected me yesterday and I'm just about at the point now to where I'd rather just stop trying. Period. Considering that there are girls at my school that are DECENT HUMAN BEINGS that communicate with me WITHOUT INSULTING ME OR BULLYING ME and some of them happen to be lesbian or bi; and I'm somewhat bicurious, I may try and date a girl. Not sure. Then again, since I'll start taking college courses this summer, I may just wait until then to consider my next course of action; or just say screw it and forget it all.
Old 2012-04-05, 17:59   Link #10274
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
That's not really how statistics work...it's like saying I can either win or not win the lottery, so I have a 50% chance of winning. Not quite.
Except when you win the lottery, there's no reason not to keep playing. If you have a successful relationship, and you try to get another, then clearly the first one either isn't successful or they died and you finally got over it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 06:07   Link #10275
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaFields View Post
Well, to put my two cents in, I've been rejected by every guy I've ever asked out or told that I've liked him; rejection usually including insults. Although not always related, I've also had guys beat me up before. The last guy to reject me rejected me yesterday and I'm just about at the point now to where I'd rather just stop trying. Period. Considering that there are girls at my school that are DECENT HUMAN BEINGS that communicate with me WITHOUT INSULTING ME OR BULLYING ME and some of them happen to be lesbian or bi; and I'm somewhat bicurious, I may try and date a girl. Not sure. Then again, since I'll start taking college courses this summer, I may just wait until then to consider my next course of action; or just say screw it and forget it all.
You can't switch your sexuality purely because boys are mean to you. If you are turned on by penis, even if all the available penises in the area are attached to assholes, this will not mean you will find a relationship to another girl very fulfilling.

I am a lesbian, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that even if all the women in my area were total douchenozzles who didn't want to date me, verbally abused me when I asked and/or attempted to physically assault me, it would still not make me like cock. Even if all the girls vanished and all that remained was a bunch of guys and me, I would remain sexually attracted to women.

So think about this for a minute. Are you actually attracted to girls? Do you find yourself checking other girls out on the street? Would you get off on a good yuri manga (the kind with actual yuri in it, not that overdramatic stuff)? And another question--one that was fairly pertinent to figuring out my own sexuality--does your own body turn you on a bit?

If you answer no to these questions, you are probably not sexually attracted to girls.

If there's no attraction, dating a bisexual girl or a lesbian will probably end in tragedy, or at least it just won't last very long. And you'll probably get really weirded out if you try to have sex.
Old 2012-04-06, 11:29   Link #10276
warita
Dai-Youkai

I notice that sometimes you have more luck, when you stop trying. Love usually comes suddenly out of the blue.
Old 2012-04-06, 11:59   Link #10277
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I notice that sometimes you have more luck, when you stop trying. Love usually comes suddenly out of the blue.
I agree. My number one rule for dating is to appear less desperate, and to go with the flow. More importantly, be yourself. I tried to appear different to impress before, but looking back, I shouldn't have done that.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 15:07   Link #10278
AmandaFields
Genkaku Fangirl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
You can't switch your sexuality purely because boys are mean to you. If you are turned on by penis, even if all the available penises in the area are attached to assholes, this will not mean you will find a relationship to another girl very fulfilling.

I am a lesbian, and I can tell you with absolute certainty that even if all the women in my area were total douchenozzles who didn't want to date me, verbally abused me when I asked and/or attempted to physically assault me, it would still not make me like cock. Even if all the girls vanished and all that remained was a bunch of guys and me, I would remain sexually attracted to women.

So think about this for a minute. Are you actually attracted to girls? Do you find yourself checking other girls out on the street? Would you get off on a good yuri manga (the kind with actual yuri in it, not that overdramatic stuff)? And another question--one that was fairly pertinent to figuring out my own sexuality--does your own body turn you on a bit?

If you answer no to these questions, you are probably not sexually attracted to girls.

If there's no attraction, dating a bisexual girl or a lesbian will probably end in tragedy, or at least it just won't last very long. And you'll probably get really weirded out if you try to have sex.
I do check out girls at school, and I do like yuri manga, and my own body does actually turn me on a bit, so maybe I would be okay with a girl. I mean I'm not saying that I am definitely bisexual, and I know for a fact I'm not lesbian because I'm still attracted to men; I am definitely more attracted to men, but I am also attracted to woman, to a lesser extent. Really I think I'm just going to give up on all this crap and just stick to anime guys/girls. Less abuse and rejection from "people" that don't exist. I really do get your point though.
Old 2012-04-06, 15:53   Link #10279
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
There is more truth to this statement than many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaFields View Post
I do check out girls at school, and I do like yuri manga, and my own body does actually turn me on a bit, so maybe I would be okay with a girl. I mean I'm not saying that I am definitely bisexual, and I know for a fact I'm not lesbian because I'm still attracted to men; I am definitely more attracted to men, but I am also attracted to woman, to a lesser extent. Really I think I'm just going to give up on all this crap and just stick to anime guys/girls. Less abuse and rejection from "people" that don't exist. I really do get your point though.
If you think you'd like to try it, go ahead and give it a shot. I'm not going to try and convince someone they aren't bi if they are.
Old 2012-04-09, 06:49   Link #10280
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I just met a cute girl at work today.

She's worldly, small sized, social and adorable by current standards. She talks to me! And she knows anime and manga!

Until she said that her favourite characters are from Kuroshitshuji and Prince of Tennis; and her favourite pairings are between male characters.

She's a dirty little fujoshi.

FML.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom