AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-04, 21:52   Link #1
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

[Manga] Orochimaru choosing Vessels

Did anybody else find it weird that Orochimaru went from Anko to Itachi to KIMI to Sasuke?

Just seems like if he wanted, jutsus to be preeminent in his fighting style, that choosing Anko or Kimi [They both had the highest ranking curse seals] would be counter productive.

The sharingan is perfect for his purposes, but Kimi seems not in line with his purposes too much, though he could get a lot of crazy jutsus out of his body also. No doubt, it would be crazy for him to have Kimi's body and his purposes with Anko are not clear, but considering the type of curse seal she has, he prb wanted her body also.

Do you think Orochimaru just wanted Kimi's body as a "filler" until his next, or would some go as far to say that he would prefer over Sasuke's? After all he did pursue Sasuke only after, Kimimaru was sick...
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 22:33   Link #2
cheese4u
da big boss

I personally think that Orochimaru has chosen these vessels because of their physical abilities. If a body is too weak then Oro has no need for it, because his "spirit" that is inhabiting that body would be too powerful for it. I think Oro is trying to find a kage level or a potential kage level body that could handle his power. That I beleive is his first priority, but why just choose a body that just has incredible physical skills when you could choose a body with a blood line technique such as Sharingan or Kimimaro's bone jutsu. I think Orochimaru chose Kimimaro because his body was in unbeleivable physical condition even at such a young age. When Orochimaru tried to take over Itachi's body, I beleive he was more interested in Itachi himself then his sharingan. If he wanted the sharingan he could've just taken it from any person with the sharingan. I'm sure Orochimaru defected from Konoha long before the Uchiha Clan was wiped out, so there should have been a lot of choices. But as Orochimaru stated he bit off a little more than he could chew and probably found out the hard way that Itachi is stronger than him. As for Anko we've all seen how strong she is, unless she has some kind of hidden bloodline technique, I think Anko was just an interesting first prospect. Kimimaro contracted a disease, so that just left Sasuke.
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 22:44   Link #3
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Was it stated that Orochimaru wanted Anko as a body? i thought she was just a subordinate.

However with Kimimarro he wanted him so much because Kimi's body wouldn't start fighting Oro after 3 years .. or ever for that matter. Kimimmaro wanted Oro and him to be one forever n ever so he would be a perfect vessel until his sickness got too bad.

As for Sasuke if he kills Itachi he doesn't care about his body anymore so he wouldn't try resist his spirit either but Oro's main reason is because Sasuke has the sharingan.

Last edited by Rachy; 2006-09-05 at 01:28.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 10:07   Link #4
Silqthashakka
Riff

I think Orochimaru wanted Anko as a container because of her body. I mean, have you seen her without the trenchcoat?! Well you should...
Silqthashakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 10:22   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave
Was it stated that Orochimaru wanted Anko as a body? i thought she was just a subordinate.
Taggin Anko wiht the same CS as Sasuke could imply he wanted her as a container, it could be Anko was his first choice of Container when he started to develop his Jutsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silqthashakka
I think Orochimaru wanted Anko as a container because of her body
I don't think that's Orochimaru's interest, he likes Young boys the most.
Old 2006-09-05, 13:00   Link #6
vietpimp

Face it Anko is hottttt that is why he wants her body.
He wants to do this and that by himself/herself :P
vietpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 13:37   Link #7
Snubben_Pierre

wasnt anko a bit younger when in orochimaru's care?? or im a dreaming things =P? if im right then im guessing it was not because she is hot.. and as some1 said, he does like young boys more..
Snubben_Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 13:59   Link #8
vietpimp

Maybe he is a phedophile. Just look at the body he had when he fought the 3rd. And when he wanted anko's body when she was young. Or when he wants sasuke. Wow Oro has deeper and deeper secrets everyday (o_O)
vietpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 15:38   Link #9
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

Well, Oro wants Anko just test it out. He really wants Kiminaro because he has the potential better than a Hokage. Didnt u see? He killed Kazekage with Kiminaro thx to him. So yah..but he god a sickness too bad for him =D. As for Itachi well he got the mangekeryou Sharingan and his techniques are unbelievable, since he was too strong so he left Akatsuki and search for an another Uchiha, then when he found it, he thinks that Sasuke has more potential than his brother.l

Yah right Sasuke is gay. xD
Old 2006-09-05, 17:36   Link #10
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSoulBoy
Well, Oro wants Anko just test it out. He really wants Kiminaro because he has the potential better than a Hokage. Didnt u see? He killed Kazekage with Kiminaro thx to him. So yah..but he god a sickness too bad for him =D. As for Itachi well he got the mangekeryou Sharingan and his techniques are unbelievable, since he was too strong so he left Akatsuki and search for an another Uchiha, then when he found it, he thinks that Sasuke has more potential than his brother.l

Yah right Sasuke is gay. xD
Kimmimaro killing Kazekage was a filler. It was either Kabuto or Orochimaru (and very likely Orochimaru). I have my reasons why there is a possibility of it being Kabuto with his connections to Baki and all but it isn't concrete.

The main reason why he wanted Kimmimaro over any regular sharingan user is because Orochimaru has all the time in the world to learn and create the jutsus he want. As one of the legendary Sannin, and one of the greatest geniuses ever born, he doesn't need an eye that tells him how to avoid incoming attacks and what not. I am pretty sure the only reason he wants Sasuke now is because he believes that is the only way he could beat Itachi.

From what we saw of Orochimaru and his talks of Akatsuki; it seems Itachi is the only person he worries about, even more so than the leader.
Old 2006-09-05, 18:29   Link #11
IVIavrick

well, he was trying to take out Sasori, and Deidara is admittedly weaker...
I believe Itachi and the Leader are the only ones capable of taking out Oro and Kabuto, however Orochimaru and the Leader probably don't have any grudges against eachother. (I believe if some pervert tried to take my body I'd be pissed and out for blood, as I feel is the situation with Itachi)
IVIavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 21:42   Link #12
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I think there's few other people capable of taking out Orochimaru besides Itachi and the Akatsuki Leader. Jiraiya could do it or maybe even an extremely pissed four-tailed Naruto. Part of the reason Oro is so dangerous is because he is fully aware of his own strength and weaknesses. He almost never initiates battle unless he is sure that he has every possible advantage, like when he was prepared to resurrect 3 hokages to aid his with fight Sandaime who was several years past his prime to begin with. This is the reason I think he claims Itachi is stronger than himself. It's not so much that he's not capable of defeating Itachi, it's just that he has no way of ensuring victory against him and so he considers him too powerful to fight.

On the topic of Oro's choices for a container, Kimimaro was his first choice. I don't think he considered Anko as a vessel since he met Kimimaro before he even took Anko as a subordinate (at least that's what the anime indicates). Anko was probably meant to have the role Kabuto has now or something similar to that. His interest in Itachi probably started around the time Kimimaro took ill but it's likely he would 've abandoned Kimi as a vessel regardless of his health, could he have obtained Itachi.

BTW. Oro's body when he fought the 3rd was freaky. What bothers me is they never explain whose body Oro stole. He/she must've been very powerful, but looked so young, it was weird.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 22:05   Link #13
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
I think there's few other people capable of taking out Orochimaru besides Itachi and the Akatsuki Leader. Jiraiya could do it or maybe even an extremely pissed four-tailed Naruto. Part of the reason Oro is so dangerous is because he is fully aware of his own strength and weaknesses. He almost never initiates battle unless he is sure that he has every possible advantage, like when he was prepared to resurrect 3 hokages to aid his with fight Sandaime who was several years past his prime to begin with. This is the reason I think he claims Itachi is stronger than himself. It's not so much that he's not capable of defeating Itachi, it's just that he has no way of ensuring victory against him and so he considers him too powerful to fight.

On the topic of Oro's choices for a container, Kimimaro was his first choice. I don't think he considered Anko as a vessel since he met Kimimaro before he even took Anko as a subordinate (at least that's what the anime indicates). Anko was probably meant to have the role Kabuto has now or something similar to that. His interest in Itachi probably started around the time Kimimaro took ill but it's likely he would 've abandoned Kimi as a vessel regardless of his health, could he have obtained Itachi.

BTW. Oro's body when he fought the 3rd was freaky. What bothers me is they never explain whose body Oro stole. He/she must've been very powerful, but looked so young, it was weird.
I think you made an excellent point with Oro vs Itachi.

As for Anko - the curse seals (purpose esp the Earth (?) seal she got) is designed for vessels.

And the leader def. has a grudge against Orochimaru b/c he left Akatsuki.
Old 2006-09-05, 23:03   Link #14
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-class uchiha
As for Anko - the curse seals (purpose esp the Earth (?) seal she got) is designed for vessels.
Not really cos Orochimaru had Anko as a subordinate in Konoha while working on developing things like edo tensei when he returned he finished it, Jiraiya had subordinates and like all jounin Orochimaru probably got one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
Only person Orochimaru is shown to fear 1 on 1 is Itachi, who he says is stronger than him. Oro is basically playing around and smiling most of the time in fights besides from when Tsunade beat him up ( no arms ) and the hokage fight ( Shiki fuuijn or whatever) Against the 4 tails Orochimaru problem is his body rejecting him not because he can't handle the 4 tails.
Old 2006-09-05, 23:20   Link #15
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave
Not really cos Orochimaru had Anko as a subordinate in Konoha while working on developing things like edo tensei when he returned he finished it, Jiraiya had subordinates and like all jounin Orochimaru probably got one.
So lucky to catch ms. rave's attn However, Orochimaru had lots and lots of surbordinates and that's not the strange thing, as you mentioned it is the norm. But if you noticed most ppl get teams of 3 to train and Orochimaru has been the only one so far that only had a one person team (with Tsunade being a possibility also).

Plus, with his many many subordinates he has given out 2 of his highest lvl seals - heaven and earth - only to potential bodies ie kimi and sasuke respectively. As you well know, the CS is not for the users benefit, but for Oro's and we know that the Earth Seal that they both got are indicative of Oro wanting there bodies as containers.

Now I'm not saying Anko is the greatest thing ever, but she was good enough to be considered as a potential body akin to Orochimaru's body w/ Sandaime and his current one. Prb "good enough" bodies not super special bloodlines like Sasuke or Kimi.

Perhaps I am making this too hard? Maybe Kimi was just an awesome body to take and Sasuke/Uchiha's are even better...?
Old 2006-09-05, 23:29   Link #16
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-class uchiha
Orochimaru had lots and lots of surbordinates and that's not the strange thing, as you mentioned it is the norm. But if you noticed most ppl get teams of 3 to train and Orochimaru has been the only one so far that only had a one person team (with Tsunade being a possibility also).
Well Orochimaru isn't the friendly type to have lil gennin, an exceptional girl he saw alot of talent in to test out a curse seal maybe caught his eye. Im sure Sarutobi didn't mind bending the rules a lil for Oro .

Quote:
Plus, with his many many subordinates he has given out 2 of his highest lvl seals - heaven and earth - only to potential bodies ie kimi and sasuke respectively. As you well know, the CS is not for the users benefit, but for Oro's and we know that the Earth Seal that they both got are indicative of Oro wanting there bodies as containers.
Even curse seals need test subjects right?

Quote:
Now I'm not saying Anko is the greatest thing ever, but she was good enough to be considered as a potential body akin to Orochimaru's body w/ Sandaime and his current one. Prb "good enough" bodies not super special bloodlines like Sasuke or Kimi.

Perhaps I am making this too hard? Maybe Kimi was just an awesome body to take and Sasuke/Uchiha's are even better...?
It's not that it's just when Orochimaru was training Anko he was younger he didn't start learning the kinjutsu's and developing stuff like that till later and even then he didn't know Edo tensei until he came back to Konoha.

I guess either way he could have or could have not wanted Anko .. but i just didn't get the feeling he did want her lol.