AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-06, 18:14   Link #2421
Westlo
Lets be reality

Not that I have the time to be a good player anymore but is arena/pvp still a joke?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 19:30   Link #2422
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I figured they'd make arrows like they did with Throwing weapons. Give them a durability of a few thousand or whatever, and each shot reduces that and to restock you just repair.
Old 2009-02-06, 22:30   Link #2423
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

- A new Dual Specialization system has been added to the game, allowing players to maintain more than one talent spec, glyph set, and action bar layout at a time.

It includes Glyphs...yay! Now I might finally feel like PvPing.

- Mounts have been modified so that you are no longer dismounted when traversing water.

About time.

- Frost spec Mages will find Ice Lance to be much more involved in Shatter combos in PvE.
- Improved Water Elemental - this talent has been removed and replaced with a new talent that grants Replenishment (similar to Shadow priests).
- Spirit has been changed to be an attractive attribute for all Mages, regardless of talent spec.
- Survivability in PvP for Fire spec Mages has been improved.

Hmmmm...will be interested to see how Frost performs now. But still no word on Arcane...
Old 2009-02-06, 23:00   Link #2424
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Almost like it is a new game....
Old 2009-02-06, 23:06   Link #2425
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Cool PTR client available...

/download

ofc, character copies don't work.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2009-02-06 at 23:23.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 01:17   Link #2426
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Removing ammo eh? Just really dumbing things down now aren't they...?
Old 2009-02-07, 01:53   Link #2427
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

At this rate they'll make any spell reagent-less.
Old 2009-02-07, 02:57   Link #2428
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
At this rate they'll make any spell reagent-less.
This would mean a lot of glyph changing or removing, due to the presense of glyphs that remove the need for reagents. And of course, that'd be a good thing. I don't like that I need a glyph to ever be able to use Levitate since I can never be bothered to farm Light Feather and I don't want to buy it from AH.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 04:07   Link #2429
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

While i feel a bit for the engineers, i'm happy about the ammo change. I'm sorry but i'm not spending tons of gold just to be able to attack. Better ammo should be reputation-bound or give hunters their own "arrow/shell-creating profession".

And finally... a..a fifth bag? INCONCEIVABLE! And that after only 4 years!

I just saw the changes to the AQ-Event. They're planning to disable it on all new servers, and with it the mount and title will be unobtainable. As someone whose dream it was to become Scarab Lord since two years and who is only 5 elementium ores away from that goal.. i'll say it in Kael's words:

I HAVE NOT COME THIS FAR TO BE STOPPED! THE FUTURE I HAVE PLANNED WILL NOT BE JEOPARDIZED!

Really.. Blizzard, nerfing fun since '91.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 04:59   Link #2430
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The flipside is they actually give fun. Don't forget that. If it isn't fun for oneself anymore, they should stop playing.
Old 2009-02-07, 08:21   Link #2431
Komori
D:

I'm disappointed that Blizzard decided to ignore Soul Shards yet again (the Drain Soul change really isn't all that acceptable). I'm sure most Warlocks would be happy to buy their shards instead of having to farm them before raids. I usually took 50 to raids and would fill my shard bag and more, and it would take a half hour sometimes to farm all the shards depending on how many I currently had. /sigh Also, Blizzard, MAKE SHARDS STACK ALREADY. HOW HARD IS THAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
I just saw the changes to the AQ-Event. They're planning to disable it on all new servers, and with it the mount and title will be unobtainable. As someone whose dream it was to become Scarab Lord since two years and who is only 5 elementium ores away from that goal.. i'll say it in Kael's words:

I HAVE NOT COME THIS FAR TO BE STOPPED! THE FUTURE I HAVE PLANNED WILL NOT BE JEOPARDIZED!
Sorry to crush your dreams even more, but no server would let a transfer get the Scarab Lord title and mount. When my server (Cairne) opened last February, the gates were closed and lots of people were interested in getting the title/mount. People kept claiming how they were going to transfer and ninja it once transfers opened up and shit like that. Hell, people rerolled there just to get the title and mount. A lot of them failed to even reach 70 and some people started working on it by the time they hit 60. It was done a few months (2 or 3 iirc?) before transfers were opened.

So you'd be a lot more than just 5 elementium ore away from your title and mount.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 09:10   Link #2432
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I don't ride black bugs. I squash them. :P

Meh, it's just a mount. Hardly the end of the world.

Shards stacking - would be common sense. They would have to remove the tailored bags for them, but meh. It's not like I've ever sold one. They're hardly worth the mats.
Old 2009-02-07, 09:55   Link #2433
Jaden

Excorcism being castable on everything worries me and I think I see another paladin pvp nerf to compensate for that.

I sometimes already get massacred just by ranged holy damage even though I'm successfully kiting a paladin, it seems overwhelming if they'll also be excorcising me.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 09:56   Link #2434
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
and some people started working on it by the time they hit 60. It was done a few months (2 or 3 iirc?) before transfers were opened.

So you'd be a lot more than just 5 elementium ore away from your title and mount.
While this risk remains, there is a chance it will not happen.

I'd like to remind you of area 52. A server that gave birth to over 200 Scarab Lords on January 1. People planned to open the Gates before transfers were opened, but realized that they would take forever on the war effort so they organized the mass-event.

There is still hope!
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 16:21   Link #2435
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Could a fellow high level hunter with Recount post a screen like the one you see below? I'm mostly interested in the recount data. I want to know how which skill is doing the damages and how much

Spoiler for screenshot:

Also the Pet talent Bloodthirsty.
My pet attach has a 20% to heal 5% of total health and increase 5% of happiness.

My pet has 2000HP. So 5% of that should heal my pet for 100HP, but instead i only see my pet heal for 19-20~ hp. Am i misunderstanding the skill or is it bugged?

Some other thing has been bugging me to. Prowl gets autoactivated randomly along with Cower. (probably all skills gets turned on autoactivate) But prowl and cower are the only 2 i disable myself. Anyone know if it's a confirmed bug or?

Also what would people recommend as a good lvling pet?

A guidly of mine recommended Gorilla's for there thunderclap. It's quite good for holding aggro. But the bloodthirsty talent for ferocity is so good, i can't really go without it anymore. I don't even have to heal my pet anymore even when 2-3 equal lvl mobs attack it. Only downside is it holds aggro less well than Gorilla's due to the thunderclap.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 17:11   Link #2436
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Some other thing has been bugging me to. Prowl gets autoactivated randomly along with Cower. (probably all skills gets turned on autoactivate) But prowl and cower are the only 2 i disable myself. Anyone know if it's a confirmed bug or?

Also what would people recommend as a good lvling pet?

A guidly of mine recommended Gorilla's for there thunderclap. It's quite good for holding aggro. But the bloodthirsty talent for ferocity is so good, i can't really go without it anymore. I don't even have to heal my pet anymore even when 2-3 equal lvl mobs attack it. Only downside is it holds aggro less well than Gorilla's due to the thunderclap.
I have no screens like that atm and have never even paid attention to how much Bloodthirsty healed my pet for, but:

Yes prowl and cower being autoactivated is a bug, it's existed ever since the change to hunter pet mechanics and it's a total pain in the ass.

Everyone says gorilla is the best leveling pet and that you can aoe grind with it but personally I have always considered that a waste of time. I was typically killing mobs fast enough one on one that taking the time to gather them all up and let the gorilla build aggro would have been slower. It probably is the best pet for holding aggro overall because of the extra threat on thunderclap but with Feign Death, Disengage, Traps, or a basic knowledge of how to kite for a second, pulling aggro off your pet is not nearly as big an issue as many bad hunters make it out to be. You should be killing stuff fast enough that it doesn't even matter. As far as taking hits goes, like you said, even a ferocity pet can manage 2-3 mobs at once, tenacity pets aren't really needed. Not to mention, there is no real challenge in leveling regardless, nothing that would require a specific pet. I was solo'ing elites fine with cat and moth ferocity pets.

My recommendation is, just use whatever you like the best.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 19:26   Link #2437
Justin Kim
*Artist

*Shudders* Reason why I quit WoW, on my 70 NE hunter. Server fell back HUGE on progression, and your right - I WOULD BE suprised if some guild downed Arthas in 1 - 2 months. Our server, Dethecus died out, and just gave up going to the Black Temple. I remember those 2 months, looking for a decent arena partner, but every other character server transferred into a more populated one or just quit. Lol, I quit because the server became empty, and trade channel was spammed by a bunch of low - levels asking for 70s to help them in the Deadmines of Westfall. Arthas is definently going to be hard to kill, and will have plenty of tricks that are definently different than Illidan's.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 19:46   Link #2438
Nosauz

I mean i quit, and all I have to say was that it truly was a crazy time sink. For those that are really into raiding, ie me and my guild, powered through naxx malygos and sartharion in a week after release, and we weren't even the first guild to do it. It really depends on the server and what of guild dynamic you have, in our case it was 4-5 elite guilds that were at the top, and then a whole bunch of casual raiding guilds. Blizzard has seemed to say that progression is meant not to be as hard as gruul/mag like back in the day when tbc had just come out but achievements will be the next battle ground for guild supremusy. I mean I probably would still play if I had the time but raiding 5 nights a week, plus farming consumables and enchants is just not what I consider fun anymore. I have to admit all the achievement stuff they add to the game really made it less of a chore to power out to 80 but man raid instances plus heroics allday is not fun. ps. on the hunter thing our gm who was full t6 plus legendary bow, went gorilla and since many of the quests were kill x he said it was pretty easy, though at the time there was severe mob competition but hey i guess it happens.

on the note of raid instances not being hard atm, yea its true once you figure out the gimmick you can pretty much roll through everything but thtas the point, naxx is the kara of wotlk. For me it just started to feel like a second job so I just quit, and now i feel better than ever. Also ulduaar is going to be epic eventhough I'll never see it, i'll probably watch youtube vids of boss fights just to reminsce because one thing that blizzard did do was make the boss fights epic. Well hyjal not so much but black temple and swp were fucking epic.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 19:54   Link #2439
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol Nosauz, I already watch epic boss fights of wotlk at like warcraftmovies.com. I've seen a death knight's ability, and to be honest they didn't implement alot of things like Blizzard said they would to each class's abilities. Like you, I've grown tired and suffered boredom out of world of warcraft. Once you hit that level cap, raid every single instance known to the map, get all your arena gear, your flying mount - It just seems to precede itself. I totally agree with you on pretty much all your statements.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 00:18   Link #2440
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Can't help you with recount since it lags me. As for the autocast prowl thing, just keep prowl on your pet bar. It won't autocast that way.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows