Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-28, 16:54   Link #1061
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Mna, there are like 12 megaman versions out there, was really hard to choose another more fitting to a fighting game than classic megaman?!!!
Actually they did choose the most fitting "Megaman", Megaman Zero lol.

Quote:
And forgive me but Viper is just to overrated by capcom
She's one of the most popular characters to watch in the biggest fighting game for the tournament scene in the Western world but okay...

The only reason Viper isn't played more is because she's so hard to play.

Quote:
a characters who has been "forced2 into the fans if you ask me, she doesn't beloing to the street fighter franchside for the mere fact she uses weapons
You know actually street fighters use weapons... Uh Claw has his you know claw and all.. Ibuki has her kunais... and uh Cody and Rolento come to mind as SF characters with weapons.. Geki from SF1... Sodom... Maki...

Quote:
I just got my SSFlV copy and tried her out at the arcade, I just hated the character.
She's an expert level character, if you're execution isn't godlike she isn't fun to play at all. Watching a good Viper in action otoh is great.

Quote:
Now she's brought to a cross over game while being yet to new and over more iconical Street Fighter characters like Guile, Bison, Cammy or Blanka.
I don't see the point in listing Bison when he obviously competed with Akuma for that slot and meh @ Guile and Blanka... who cares if they're iconic, their matches in SFIV are boring as shit while Viper is one of the most exciting characters in the game and Vipers moveset fits a Versus games 1000X better than those 2.

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm not the only one who agrees that C.Viper is the biggest wasted slot in MvC3.
You're missing the point, who's the rushdown female character from Capcom's side you would rather have than? Cammy would be the only proper answer but Viper is in as a nod to SFIV as well. The other new SFIV characters like Abel and Rufus would've been Vipers competition and it's obvious who has the best move set for this game, than you factor in how males outnumber females in the game and Viper's inclusion is a no brainer.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 18:17   Link #1062
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Sorry, but your theory of Capcom guts goes staright to the trash can for the fact that everyones' favorite team from MvC2 Sentinel, Storm & Magneto are back.
Ah no they weren't everyones fav team... while a strong team it wasn't as good as MSP (Magneto, Storm, Pyslocke) or Santhrax (Storm, Sentinel, Captain Commando). They were the strongest characters along with Cable but they were nowhere near the strongest team....

Also people thinking they'll dominate again are a bit clueless... Mvc2 was really just a complete clusterfuck and the things that made it such a lenghty tourny game weren't even intended at all.. I mean its obvious Capcom thought Sentinel would suck, everyone thought him and Magneto were trash at first...

MvC3 otoh while it has some characters who're looking average (ryu, thor, Cap) seems to have something abusive for every character... people whining about Magneto and Sent need to stop sleeping on guys like Super Skrull, She Hulk and Morrigan....

Quote:
Man, we're speaking of a pure fanservice game, iconcal characters are menat to be here and yet Capcom's biggest star is ausent (The only one since Ryu and Chun Li are in). I'm not fan of megaman or much less but this is honestly really stupid.
Biggest star? Really how relevant has Megaman been in the last decade for Capcom?

Capcom Million-selling individual titles worldwide as of May 22, 2008:

21. Mega Man 2 (December 1988, NES, 1,510,000)
29. Mega man Battle Network 4 (December 2003, GBA, 1,350,000)
37. Mega Man X (December 1993, SNES, 1,160,000)
43. Mega Man 3 (September 1990, NES, 1,080,000)

Worldwide units sold by franchise as of May 22, 2008:

01. Resident Evil Series (50 titles, 34,500,000)
02. Mega Man Series (120 titles, 28,000,000)
03. Street Fighter Series (59 titles, 25,000,000)
07. Monster Hunter Series (10 titles, 6,300,000)

Street Fighter has added on another 4 million thanks to SFIV, Monster Hunter has probably sold another 12 million since than... it will overtake MegaMan in a couple years... I'm sure MHP4 for the PSP2 will do like 4 million in 2 months when that eventually comes out... not to mention a revision of MHP3 which can do another million easy and MHP3 itself will do another million and than you add spin off games... the older games still selling and maybe the ps3 will finally get something... (prob links with the psp2 version in some manner)

SF has 4 reps, RE has 3, Megaman has 2 (the most suited for a fighting game as well) and the soon to be 3rd best franchise for Capcom has 0 reps.
Old 2011-01-28, 19:20   Link #1063
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

GOtta admit...AKuma's theme kicks all sorts of copious amounts of ass.
Old 2011-01-28, 21:27   Link #1064
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

@Westlo: Forgive me but sadly I have no intention of disscussing character's popularity with you after seing how close your mind is about obvious facts on our last issue about Thor, so sorry if I just ignore your whole last two posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
ryu and chun from street fighter, chris, jill from resident evil, dante from devil may cry, felicia morgan from darkstalkers, hell, zero from megaman, I mean, who else does capcom have to put in for there lineup to be considered iconic? You can't fit everyone into these games anymore, the only reason mvc2 even had so many was because they were rehashed sprites from older games, they had to remake every character for this game, that takes time and money. let them release the rest of the fan favorites as dlc. buy it or don't buy it, everyone wins.
I think you're missing the point here, after Capcom released their last Arcade ved machine title and ventured into home console games, they created in 1987 for the Nintendo Entertainment System their first two big hitsm Streef Fighter and, oh , Megaman (Rockman in japan), we have Ryu but Megaman is not here so... see the point? We can have all stars you want but missing one IMPORTANT for the franchside is enough to have people complaining about.

Let's asume Nintendo anounces a new Super Smash, they bring Link, Donkey Kong, Fox, Samus, Luigi, Bowser, Sonic but they don't add Mario, you'll have people complaining, no matter how many other super-stars they bring in.

I AM NOT A FAN OF MEGAMAN, I have barely played one or two games, but if you are unable to comprehend this simple fact, you and me have nothing to discuss.
Old 2011-01-28, 23:39   Link #1065
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
@Westlo: Forgive me but sadly I have no intention of disscussing character's popularity with you after seing how close your mind is about obvious facts on our last issue about Thor, so sorry if I just ignore your whole last two posts.
So in other words you want to completely ignore how Megaman is nothing but a faux Mascot for Capcom and hasn't been relevant for over a decade. You also want to completely ignore that Zero and Tron are much better fits for a fighting game and than make some inane comparison of Megaman equaling Mario? I'm sorry but Mario outsells Link, Donkey Kong, Fox, Samus and Sonic by himself which is something a real mascot of a company actually does while Megaman has had over 2.5 as many releases as SF and RE and been outsold by both. A series with one tenth of the amount of releases has nearly sold as many as Megaman, think about that for a little bit.

Also comparing Smash Bros to Marvel is a bit lolzy, while both games are filled with fanservice one is obviously also being aimed at the competitive tournament scene which SFIV is currently dominating.

They didn't spend half of their development time (which was 3 years) on balancing to please joe smith and jane doe who play in simple mode and lament the lack of Megaman. When people think Capcom these days they don't think of Megaman, they think of RE, SF, DMC and Monster Hunter. When's the last Megaman game that actually meant something? That was actually successful? Inafune had to fight tooth and nail to get Legends 3 cleared in the first place.... and that game will more than likely bomb... lol @ comparing him to Mario.. talk about a king and a pauper. If the lack of anything on the Capcom side hurts sales for the game it would be the lack of Monster Hunter but that team apparently want nothing to do with MvC3.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-01-28 at 23:51.
Old 2011-01-28, 23:42   Link #1066
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
They didn't spend half of their development time (which was 3 years) on balancing to please joe smith and jane doe who play in simple mode and lament the lack of Megaman. When people think Capcom now they don't think of Megaman, they think of RE, SF and Monster Hunter.
But when I think of Capcom I think of MegaMan.
Old 2011-01-29, 00:28   Link #1067
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
But when I think of Capcom I think of MegaMan.
I'm talking about the casual fanbase which will make up the lion's share of sales for this game. If Capcom was the JRPG genre than Megaman would be the Tales series in the USA compared to the SF/RE being FF when it comes to casual buyers right now.

I think a MH inclusion would've sparked a lot more interest in Japan and also promoted that series a bit more for the western world, really don't understand why theye didn't push for that more...
Old 2011-01-29, 01:37   Link #1068
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm talking about the casual fanbase which will make up the lion's share of sales for this game. If Capcom was the JRPG genre than Megaman would be the Tales series in the USA compared to the SF/RE being FF when it comes to casual buyers right now..
That's crazy talk, the casual market has had a whole bunch of megaman games as of late to help them remember the blue bomber, like Battle Netwo-... well there's also Starfor-...

Well for the record, I don't think it's as bad as you say it is. It just so happens that there haven't been any console games for their new megaman series, I think Megaman Universe is their first console game that wasn't a remake (not counting MM9/MM10) in years. The other titles you listed were all primarily on consoles, so more mainstream appeal. It's mainly because you can't justify that a console megaman at full retail unless it's something like megaman universe, thus relegating the Megaman Zero or Battle Network games to the handhelds (even legends is following this trend, though that probably could do a console if it wanted), where they probably don't get as much exposure to the mainstream. I'm sure this ties back to how classic megaman is a bad choice for a character in a fighting game, but you get the idea.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 01:44   Link #1069
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Mega Man not making the cut kinda makes sense when you remember what they said in the beginning about characters w/ transforming abilities...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 03:44   Link #1070
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Y'know, looking at this here image....

Spoiler for Franky Boy:

I miss him already~
Old 2011-01-29, 11:15   Link #1071
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
Mega Man not making the cut kinda makes sense when you remember what they said in the beginning about characters w/ transforming abilities...
Shuma Gorath transforms... a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Y'know, looking at this here image....

Spoiler for Franky Boy:

I miss him already~
Me too.
Old 2011-01-29, 11:35   Link #1072
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

You still can count on DLC for more characters.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 12:53   Link #1073
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Shuma Gorath transforms... a lot.
this is true, but not quite like Mega Man or Jin, because they required additional sprites (Hyper MegaMan, Rush Drill, Beat Plane and Gin summons a giant robot) to whereas Shuma expanded on it's own sprite.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2011-01-29 at 15:21.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 22:08   Link #1074
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

lol, hey, I complety forgot about this game, even when I played it and liked it a lot.

So, Jericho Cross for DLC? ...anyone?
Old 2011-01-30, 22:17   Link #1075
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well, from what we've seen and heard so far, we've already got a line of characters waitinf for DLC on Capcom's side.

What we really need is Marvel DLC~
Old 2011-01-30, 22:25   Link #1076
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Final boss

Spoiler for final boss:
Old 2011-01-30, 22:34   Link #1077
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Final boss

Spoiler for final boss:

Looks rather easy compared to the MvC2 boss. Though, the Earth KO thing looks like it could be annoying.
Old 2011-01-31, 03:21   Link #1078
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Final boss

Spoiler for final boss:
The battle scene remind me of Megaman Battle Network 6 final boss.
Old 2011-01-31, 09:20   Link #1079
Westlo
Lets be reality

Dat Intro

Morrigan finished with Tony and moved on to Chris.

Dat Credits

Dat Morrigan.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-01-31 at 09:43.
Old 2011-01-31, 17:09   Link #1080
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

.... anyone else notice Gallactus's silhouttte at 2:48 of the opening?

Really liking the credits though~

Tags
capcom, crossover, fighting, ps3, xbox360