AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 12:54   Link #161
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

how do you get from the friend to the boyfriend. how do you know what the other person is thinking?

i think some people like me are probly afried that if they do ask that person out than the thing that they have now will be ruined.
and than it becomes awakward.
Old 2008-04-10, 15:16   Link #162
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, and that is the stuff of drama that much of anime devotes time to (example: Lovely*Complex).

you don't until you ask and no one disagrees that it isn't a terrifying moment.
Old 2008-04-10, 15:47   Link #163
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
how do you get from the friend to the boyfriend. how do you know what the other person is thinking?

i think some people like me are probly afried that if they do ask that person out than the thing that they have now will be ruined.
There was a recent study (take it with a grain of salt) which showed that males are terrible at reading females' intentions and thoughts. Interestingly the males didn't err on the end of thinking that females wanted sex/a relationship more often than they actually did; males even misinterpreted that. (I've done both, myslf Nobody was there to tell me about the former; hindsight is 20/20, but my sister informed me about the latter.)

This advice is more suited to the dating thread, but a lot of it is that you have to consider why you want to escalate your relationship to being above friendship. If you're just desperate for a relationship, you're in a bad place. If you're thinking clearly and you feel that this person could really contribute to your life and that you could contribute back to hers, then go for it. If you pull it off well enough, you may not lose anything but a bit of your pride from a rejection. If you're accepted, it's one of the best feelings in the world and hopefully it'll stay that way.

Nothing risked, nothing gained, as the saying goes. It's a harrowing experience, but once it's over and done you get to advise other people about it! How fun

As for me, the first girl I asked out rejected me and then avoided me for about a year (she was pretty shy, herself). We weren't that close to begin with, though. I also wasn't very smooth. The first girl I dated was a different story - I broke up with her, but did it in such a way that she offered me back (I politely declined) and we remained on friendly terms. We're not that close anymore, but I don't think that either of us tried very hard.

Just remain mature about it, know what you want, and don't let things get to you. If you're confident enough about it and stick by your values and desires, other people will take directional queues from you. Have courage.
Old 2008-04-10, 17:30   Link #164
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post

The Ladder Theory

(Don't take that too seriously, they're half-joking, but only half...)
Old 2008-04-10, 17:50   Link #165
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

i'm a asian man in UK ,never dated before
i just felt it will make life more difficult to try to in search of an asian women in a foright country...

and i was alway thinking of that asian women make a better couple with UK man.w.

and is was more interesting to......
anyway,maybe i just weird...
chison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 01:54   Link #166
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Try to be aware that you're posting to the entire planet. Not all countries or cultures are quite as "ok" with interracial frolicking as some. So your mileage may vary depending on where you're standing. My wife (sansei) and I (31flavors-europe) still get the occasional glare depending on where we're at.

And as we can see from some previous posts, what passes for humor varies as well
Old 2008-04-11, 02:23   Link #167
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

money talks, money represent security, at least in China. I had a fight with some chinese girl once cuz she was saying it's ok for girls to go after guys money. you see alot caucasians with asian gf in asia cuz the girls assume all caucasians has money
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 18:06   Link #168
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its that "practical" streak keeping the "fantasy romance" in check. There's also some cultural expectation differences.
Old 2008-04-13, 05:53   Link #169
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
money talks, money represent security, at least in China. I had a fight with some chinese girl once cuz she was saying it's ok for girls to go after guys money. you see alot caucasians with asian gf in asia cuz the girls assume all caucasians has money
Money...I love it and hate it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 23:13   Link #170
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Asian women in non-asian countries are socially stratified into that culture's type of man. But there are tons of asian women equally attracted to Asian guys. Maybe the guy complaining just dont got the goods.
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 00:36   Link #171
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Learning how not to be a jerk is something the males of many cultures need work on.

At least in Japan, they're offering classes that teach men how "not to be jerks" so half the wives won't just divorce their husbands with the handy new pension distribution laws.
Old 2008-04-30, 00:55   Link #172
ThoHell

Hmm, I'm the exact opposite of this thread. I don't date Asian women...... Please don't think I'm some Asian hater, I'm Vietnamese. Each has his or her own taste, but sometimes surprises come up. Ok I take it back, I'm rarely interested in Asian women, but the only girl I ever loved was Asian..........
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 00:57   Link #173
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thats fine ... we'll just all trade da wimmen around and everyone should be able to find one that clicks with 'em

(More seriously, that's kind of is why I find the thread rather amusing... )
Old 2008-04-30, 15:37   Link #174
kitto-chan
很快是工程師

Oh for the love of GOD, LET THIS THREAD DIE

its making me feel depress.
kitto-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 16:34   Link #175
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed.. .though the problem with expressing the wish for a thread to die is that it simply bumps the thread back up where even more new eyeballs feel the need to put their two cents in
Old 2008-04-30, 21:45   Link #176
Ermes Marana

Unfortunately for me, I am only interested in half asian / half jewish girls who speak french and who are at least 5'10".

I'm not even sure such a girl exists.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote