AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-02, 18:41   Link #361
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
I know, right? That's why we fan fic writers have to work hard... >_<" To right the wrong those money-grubbing producers made.
lol, just know the line between bringing out their personality and totally making their character up xD
Old 2010-09-02, 18:42   Link #362
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
lol, just know the line between bringing out their personality and totally making their character up xD
Hah... not really trying to 'make up' their characters - it's just that my perspectives towards those characters are way different than yours. :P

Last edited by WBoon; 2010-09-02 at 20:00. Reason: Weak argument made out of compulsion.
Old 2010-09-02, 23:20   Link #363
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its pretty simple, if a character is made to do something "out of character" - it is pretty instantly glaring to most people familiar with the character. Most doujinshi hentai or more mundane fan fiction fails right off the bat from that.
Old 2010-09-03, 03:42   Link #364
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Some of the doujins (non-hentai) ones I have read are pretty good. Like the one which K-ON! is taken to reality (which had some really sad endings, it's named Manabiki-something). and another which expanded Mio and Ritsu's love relationship in a serious-yuri-Marimite way (of course, Mugi's still excited about that).

Otherwise, Mio pretty is much the generic victim for hentai doujins for bishoujo/bijin fans (big boobs and all) as well as yuri-lovers, which in the latter she is practically paired with every other girl with equal frequency (including Sawako, there is a Mugi one which was totally hilarious).

Her "imouto" (Azunyan) is a brilliant fit to make her an onee-chan. Wished the animators emphasised more on that.

P.S I always wonder why Mio is always drawn with oversized F-cup in hentai doujins. Her C-cup is already more than enough to make the younger one jealous.

Then again, I wonder if Mio's contrasting body figure is further emphasised by the delibrate sizing of Azunyan.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-03, 14:49   Link #365
ICEheaven102
Tui là người Viẹt!

Send a message via MSN to ICEheaven102
I'm a fan of Mio not just because of her body. I like her cute personality. She's the kind of person I would love to hug and comfort.

I'm just sad that people just care about her body. I really REALLY wished she had more screen time.
Old 2010-09-03, 16:29   Link #366
alucard13mm

i wonder why they changed her bass from fender precision bass (manga) to fender jazz bass (anime). i am wondering if its because the type of music they play in the anime, since its more mellow instead of rock or hyper (like the openings).

it also seems that a lot of people who were fans of mio.. turned to azunyan later on. wonder why
Old 2010-09-03, 18:15   Link #367
GreatTeacherKen

Well the two have similar personality traits, both of them try to be the serious and responsible ones of HTT and get the rest of the girls to focus, but they end up getting carried away themselves. But the two are different in that Mio does strike me as being much more timid than Azunyan though she is slowly getting over this.

Nodoka is actually the person who's the most successful at being serious and focused.
Old 2010-09-03, 21:34   Link #368
LC
Shocking Pink

It is rather sad what has happened to Mio's fanbase this season. She has basically lost her ensemble darkhorse status to Azusa. Of course, her popularity is still astounding, but it's just not nearly as dominant as before. I believe that they gave her too much screentime in the first season, and not enough in the second. However, I like her character more this season because she's not as overly "moe-moe."
Old 2010-09-04, 01:11   Link #369
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I think another factor is that she hasn't developed all that much over the years.

She's still shy and timid, even though she's still as serious as ever. I don't recall any serious change in personality from her.

Azusa developed a lot more. She learned that it's okay to have fun while still being serious (more than Mio at the very least). She started caring a lot more about her friends in the LMC, even if she's not willing to admit it directly yet.

I wonder if Mio was merely just fanservice from the start and was never really meant to get a whole lot of character development.
Old 2010-09-04, 01:37   Link #370
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I think another factor is that she hasn't developed all that much over the years.

She's still shy and timid, even though she's still as serious as ever. I don't recall any serious change in personality from her.

Azusa developed a lot more. She learned that it's okay to have fun while still being serious (more than Mio at the very least). She started caring a lot more about her friends in the LMC, even if she's not willing to admit it directly yet.

I wonder if Mio was merely just fanservice from the start and was never really meant to get a whole lot of character development.
I wouldn't say that her character wasn't developed, but rather more is revealed about her (albeit questionable details behind her shy and timid persona). The following have been revealed :

1. Her relationship with Ritsu
2. Her seriousness with regards to her love interest osanajimi
3. The cranky side of her behind that serious facade (left handed basses! Ooh!)
4. The secret behind her boobs

and last but not least,

5. Her panties.

All is revealed under the MugiVision™ radar!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-09-04, 01:59   Link #371
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
All the stuff I'm hearing about her lack of development from you is probably from Season Two. I don't see anything of the sort in Season One. Her character was developed just fine in that season, so it's not exactly, like you said, 'from the start.'

Because if it is, I, someone who had not dwell in the entirely different world that seems to be Season Two, would have never liked her, a shallow, undeveloped character in the first place.

Hell, I'm not sure if I want to watch Season Two now, if Mio is as badly portrayed in there as you had hinted.

Last edited by WBoon; 2010-09-04 at 02:12.
Old 2010-09-04, 09:07   Link #372
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Hell, I'm not sure if I want to watch Season Two now, if Mio is as badly portrayed in there as you had hinted.
She isn't portrayed badly :P People are just asking for more of her lol.
Old 2010-09-04, 10:41   Link #373
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

5. Her panties.
Spoiler for HERE!:

Seriously about Mio. Other characters need to step up and also develop, if she's always in the spotlight some reviews or some pople will say one character took over one show full of girls with so many potential.

But in the end musics and illustrations I know she's loved.
Old 2010-09-04, 11:38   Link #374
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
4. The secret behind her boobs
and what about her boobs? did I missed anything?
Old 2010-09-04, 12:19   Link #375
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzglez View Post
and what about her boobs? did I missed anything?
Um...there big?
Old 2010-09-04, 13:24   Link #376
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Um...there big?
uhmm,,, aside from that...?

~it was inflated drastically on the marathon that she'll pass to be one of the HSOTD girls ~

and I literally facepalmed on what I just said.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:17   Link #377
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
All the stuff I'm hearing about her lack of development from you is probably from Season Two. I don't see anything of the sort in Season One. Her character was developed just fine in that season, so it's not exactly, like you said, 'from the start.'

Because if it is, I, someone who had not dwell in the entirely different world that seems to be Season Two, would have never liked her, a shallow, undeveloped character in the first place.

No, she's not badly portrayed at all! If you loved Mio the first season, you'll still love her. She's just not as in the spotlight.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:22   Link #378
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Um...there big?
And so are her hands.

Old 2010-09-04, 15:29   Link #379
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Quote:
And so are her hands.
Big hands, big (googly) eyes, big brea- Well, her body is genuinely big... especially her thighs, actually. If I didn't know any better, I'd have thought she have fat thighs (hence that search a week ago). lol I mean, just compare them to the thighs of other girls. Hers were like ridiculously upscaled.

I like her innocent self being in a mature body, actually. Best of both worlds. Hehe.
Old 2010-09-07, 18:08   Link #380
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Sorry to double-post, but I just have to post this (and considering how the thread is a tad inactive recently):

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/c...me=akiyama_mio

Yeah, might be just propaganda, but that biography there might as well have been written by me. It says everything I felt about Mio. :3
Closed Thread

Tags
characters