AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-16, 18:35   Link #1
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
legend of condor hero live action opinions

i was happy when i heard that there it was a series of the first book since i liked the anime and i loved the translation of the book i've read the first 3 chapters of the first book and i was amazed as how good the story and the lines in the book but i was really disapointed when i saw the live action, i dont know but correct me if i am wrong but isn't the lines a bit altered and the story a bit rushed the acting was so-so and the fighting scenes were awful.

i really appreciate the translations though nice work again by live-evil

hope i get some opinions on the series
Old 2003-12-16, 23:28   Link #2
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Seen the first ep, didn't like it as much. Deleted it the next day, I'll stick to watching the anime version of Condor Hero.
Old 2003-12-16, 23:49   Link #3
Momo99

IMO china makes the worst series. Even though they have improved greatly, their customes, actors, and fighting suck. If you want an ok adaptation but far better than the 2003 live action right now try the legend condor hero 1994 by tvb. *shurgs watching china versions of anything.
Old 2003-12-17, 00:08   Link #4
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

It is not subbed by live-evil and it is not the same story as the anime.
Old 2003-12-17, 02:29   Link #5
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch
It is not subbed by live-evil and it is not the same story as the anime.
do u mean the legend of the condor hero 2003 or the 1994 that Momo99 is talking about????

anyways i think i will continue the series just to know what happens next and to know the complete story
Old 2003-12-17, 03:33   Link #6
burukame

Smile

The Hong Kong version by TVB Legend of Condor Heroes 1994 is a much better adaption.
Old 2003-12-17, 11:09   Link #7
Tboz

That is actually another swordfighting novel written by Louis Cha. The story takes place before the one adapted into anime and some of the characters are carried over to the later series.

The correct and most popular rendition of the classic novel should be The Return of the Condor Heroes 1983. That series propelled Andy Lau, who is one of Hong Kong's Heavenly Kings to the route of stardom. IMO, the later ones are either too cheesy or they change the story too much.

Here's a description.

Last edited by Tboz; 2003-12-18 at 04:50. Reason: Link edited and quote removed.
Old 2003-12-18, 00:02   Link #8
Dwaryn

er.. u quoted the wrong person... he wasn't comparing the anime, he was comparing the dodgey china version to the hktvb one and they are from the same novel by louis cha.

anyway if u wanna watch the same storyline as the anime one you can get the 95 tvb one which does not have english subtitles but pretty actors and actresses (unlike the ugly smuchs in the china version(s) )

the worthwhile hk series to get are the 94 and 95 ones, and if i remember correctly they have the same co-cast, like the important people(for example that east dude that lives on that island is casted by the same person). definitely worth it cause it links on rather well.
you can get them from like yes asia... just search for like condor and find the 94/95 ones. they're like in 2 VCD boxsets that have 10 cds in them for one series.
Old 2003-12-18, 01:35   Link #9
GunSharp

I watched the whole series in two days ( winter break...)and I thought that it was well worth the time. The boring parts were probably the beginning and the ending. Once Guo Jing and Huang Rong get together, the characters really start to grow on you and the plot starts to actually go somewhere. Stick to the show and I'm sure that all you will begin to like it too. btw, I can't remember, where has the story reached in episode 7?
Old 2003-12-18, 05:00   Link #10
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaryn
the worthwhile hk series to get are the 94 and 95 ones, and if i remember correctly they have the same co-cast, like the important people(for example that east dude that lives on that island is casted by the same person). definitely worth it cause it links on rather well.
you can get them from like yes asia... just search for like condor and find the 94/95 ones. they're like in 2 VCD boxsets that have 10 cds in them for one series.
I believe its this one you are talking about.

Legend of the Condor Heroes 1982

Sadly, I have little impression of this series as I watch it when I was 4/5 years old on TV. Return of the Condor Heroes 1983 was aired a few years later and it was one of the most memorable swordfighting drama serial I have ever watched.
Old 2003-12-18, 07:38   Link #11
Dwaryn

nope i'm talking about the 90's coz i watched them as they were broadcasted. i haven't watched the 80 ones, wasn't born back then.
Old 2003-12-18, 08:45   Link #12
Tboz

Oh... Sorry for misreading your posts.

You are talking about this two then, The Legend of the Condor Heroes 1994 and The Return of the Condor Heroes 1995. I have no impression that they were sharing the same cast though, that's why I was following the wrong line of thought.

Pardon my poor memory, I think I am getting old already.
Old 2003-12-18, 08:58   Link #13
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
i was happy when i heard that there it was a series of the first book since i liked the anime and i loved the translation of the book i've read the first 3 chapters of the first book and i was amazed as how good the story and the lines in the book but i was really disapointed when i saw the live action, i dont know but correct me if i am wrong but isn't the lines a bit altered and the story a bit rushed the acting was so-so and the fighting scenes were awful.

i really appreciate the translations though nice work again by live-evil

hope i get some opinions on the series
i dont think live action can really present as well as the novel.. reading the novel or the manga is better.

There are somethings that you cant really show in live action, like the big condor (but i didnt watch any of the live actions)

i actually have some of the jin yong novels in .txt or .html format, but they're in chinese.
Old 2004-12-12, 19:53   Link #14
KrayzieYang

i like the live action series, although i've only seen four episodes.. has Live-evil stopped subbing them?
Old 2004-12-12, 23:49   Link #15
Sokar

I don't think Live-Evil ever subbed any of the Chinese live action stuff, it's more like someone hooked up with live-evil and use them as place to release stuff.
Old 2004-12-12, 23:56   Link #16
ChronoReverse

The guy doing the subbing is just slow apparently.

Frankly, I felt that LOCH2003 is slightly better than LOCH1982 and definitely better than LOCH1994.
Old 2004-12-22, 09:09   Link #17
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
I believe its this one you are talking about.

Legend of the Condor Heroes 1982

Sadly, I have little impression of this series as I watch it when I was 4/5 years old on TV. Return of the Condor Heroes 1983 was aired a few years later and it was one of the most memorable swordfighting drama serial I have ever watched.
agree i was stunned about Return of the Condor Heroes 1983,
when i watched it back during the 90's (my cousin is a big fan of Andy Lau and had it on VHS ^^).
unforunately Xiao Sheng (the director) died last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
Frankly, I felt that LOCH2003 is slightly better than LOCH1982 and definitely better than LOCH1994.
you might have a different opinon if you have watched the 1982 version, back in the 80/90's
Closed Thread