AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 22 Rating
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 71 47.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 39 26.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 18 12.16%
7 out of 10 : Good... 9 6.08%
6 out of 10 : Average... 2 1.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 2.03%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 2 1.35%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-03, 07:28   Link #321
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post

Wrong story Suguha...
It's done quite nicely... Asuna is Kirito's bride after all.. and I think she will be mature enough to accept this sooner as we think... She is one tough lady but she knows when its a losing battle.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 09:41   Link #322
Insane
Banned

While i love KiritoxAsuna pairing, honestly i began to fond of KiritoxLeefa pairing in this arc, seeing how they fit each other so perfectly, even though the latter pairing will unlikely happen in the end. Man, i wanna curse Kirito's insane charm and capacity to unintentionally hurts a girl's feeling.

Makes me wondering, who's the main heroine in this arc? Leefa or Asuna?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 11:32   Link #323
arkxkra
全力全開

it is so painful to see Suguha heartbreaking...
Old 2012-12-03, 12:26   Link #324
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
It's definitely Leafa/Suguha....because she takes the most screentime. >:/
which I don't like.
Still love the series though. It freaking sucks to wait a whole week for each episode...so I have to distract myself with other series...that are also very hard to wait for....geh, I can't win.
Old 2012-12-03, 16:43   Link #325
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Yeah, it's Leefa ( I still prefer Lyfa ), but that doesn't make her his love interest..... Asuna is the major, major, major main-all-arcs-heroine...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 16:54   Link #326
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

somebody give Sugu a hug!!!!

What an episode. I knew they couldn't be brother & sister for reals, just knew it.

This episode had everything. 9 out of 10, it just misses the almighty 10 out of 10 due to not being able to give Sugu a hug.
Old 2012-12-03, 16:55   Link #327
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Not think, everyone IS the protagonist of their own story.
Not the point I was making.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 19:04   Link #328
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
somebody give Sugu a hug!!!!

What an episode. I knew they couldn't be brother & sister for reals, just knew it.

This episode had everything. 9 out of 10, it just misses the almighty 10 out of 10 due to not being able to give Sugu a hug.
???

We already knew for a long time they where cousins, or do you mean something else?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 19:34   Link #329
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
???

We already knew for a long time they where cousins, or do you mean something else?
Amusingly, we actually knew it from episode 4, well before we ever met Suguha. I think a lot of viewers aren't really paying attention to the details though.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 19:55   Link #330
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Amusingly, we actually knew it from episode 4, well before we ever met Suguha. I think a lot of viewers aren't really paying attention to the details though.
really, i haven't notice the lack of attention to details by viewers
Old 2012-12-03, 20:04   Link #331
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, we arguably met Suguha back in episode one as Kirito ignored her as she left for kendo practice.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 20:07   Link #332
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Well, we arguably met Suguha back in episode one as Kirito ignored her as she left for kendo practice.
But there was absolutely no way to know at that time that they weren't blood related, which is what Clarste was pointing out.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 20:09   Link #333
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Yeah, but in the episode where Kirito meets Silica it is revealed for the first time that his sister is actually his cousin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by episode 4 - 13:00
Silica: Kirito-san, could I ask you about your sister?
Kirito: Why now, all of a sudden?
Silica: You said I look like her.
I know it's impolite to ask about the real world.
But Would it be okay?
Kirito: I called her my little sister, but she's actually my cousin.
We grew up together so I don't think she knows.
Maybe that's why...
I've been distancing myself from her.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 20:28   Link #334
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Just wanna throw the rest of that convo in here, because Suguha has Kirito pegged totally wrong on his reasons for avoiding her too.

Quote:
Kirito: "Well, I call her my little sister, but she's actually my cousin. We grew up together, so I don't think she knows. Maybe that's why... I've been distancing myself from her."
Kirito: "Our grandfather's really strict. When I was eight, he forced us to get involved in Kendo. I stopped after two years. He beat me up pretty badly.
Silica: That's terrible..."
Kirito: "So my sister said, that she'd put in enough effort for the two of us, so he'd stop beating me. She worked so hard after that and made it into nationals."
Silica: "That's amazing!"
Kirito: "But, I always felt bad about it. Like maybe she would have preferred to do something else, or maybe she resents me. It's possible I'm helping you because it feels like she'd forgive me. I'm sorry."
Silica: "I really don't think she hates you."]
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 21:53   Link #335
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
really, i haven't notice the lack of attention to details by viewers
Crazy talk to be sure.

Very few people actually look into the details.
Old 2012-12-03, 22:05   Link #336
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

It's fine if people don't pay too close attention, or forget things, or just don't care enough. I know I've done it with other shows.

It's just obnoxious when that perspective is brought into arguments against the show and is attempted to be used as a point against it based on their own misunderstandings.

Not saying that to anyone here about anything specific, just speaking in a general, cross forum sense.
Old 2012-12-04, 01:18   Link #337
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
It's fine if people don't pay too close attention, or forget things, or just don't care enough. I know I've done it with other shows.

It's just obnoxious when that perspective is brought into arguments against the show and is attempted to be used as a point against it based on their own misunderstandings.

Not saying that to anyone here about anything specific, just speaking in a general, cross forum sense.
I feel it even more obnoxious to have people saying a perspective is based on misunderstanding (thus, inherently wrong, factual sense) while there are basis of certain points given. You know, there are plot elements and structure that may not to be people liking, whether or not it is flawed or not.

So far, if you don't have any problem in how Suguha was introduced as a character and a role of this kind, go ahead. I particularly don't like how the purpose of her role went so far, and it really has nothing to do with "misunderstanding" the plot.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-12-04 at 01:32.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 01:33   Link #338
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Eh? I meant actual, literal misunderstandings or incomplete information, or an unwillingness to extrapolate answers from the information provided.

For instance, I've seen around 3 different people on other forums that needed to be corrected that yes, in fact, Kirito explained the whole Suguha/Cousin / his feelings on the matter 18 episodes ago. Some people just asked for clarification, others were very rude about it.

There are plenty of legitimate criticisms to be said about this show. There's also a lot of hyperbole and hatred being thrown around.

Really though, wasn't talking about the Suguha thing there at all. Your disagreements are well thought out and rational, even if I don't accept the same PoV myself.
Old 2012-12-04, 01:46   Link #339
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But there was absolutely no way to know at that time that they weren't blood related, which is what Clarste was pointing out.
You miss my point. Clarste is saying we learned that in episode four, well before we met Suguha. But it can be argued that technically we met Suguha in episode 1, therefore we did not learn that before we met her.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 02:08   Link #340
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I feel it even more obnoxious to have people saying a perspective is based on misunderstanding (thus, inherently wrong, factual sense) while there are basis of certain points given. You know, there are plot elements and structure that may not to be people liking, whether or not it is flawed or not.

So far, if you don't have any problem in how Suguha was introduced as a character and a role of this kind, go ahead. I particularly don't like how the purpose of her role went so far, and it really has nothing to do with "misunderstanding" the plot.
If the major disagreements in this thread were really just about people explaining why they "don't like" how things went, things would never be so heated. The problem isn't because people don't like it. It's because, in trying to justify why they don't like it, some people choose to make rash unsubstantiated claims about the supposed "objective faults" in the work. In the end it almost always really comes back to "well, I didn't like it (and I think I have good reasons)". But not liking it is a preference and not a fact; it's the unique combination of the viewer and the object being viewed.

There are some objective things we can say about the way the plot was written, but a lot of it really does come down to subjective preference -- things we wanted to see, the way things were presented, and the consequences of the choices the author and adaptation made, and how that impacted our reaction. As I've said so many times over the years, it's all about the way the opinion is stated.