AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 22:48   Link #1221
judasmartel
*Author

So it's Pierce vs James Part 2, then?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 22:44   Link #1222
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Heat has shown more resiliency the last two rounds than they did all last season. Bosh looked healthy and that was the difference. Also, the Heat lit it up with 8 minutes to go.

Heat deserves this title shot.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 22:47   Link #1223
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Heat are through. James does it again, Wade lifts a bit, Bosh was deadly accurate and may finally be healed, reasonable contributions from a few others. As for Boston, their main 5 all chipped in but that was it. And I think Rondo having to take as many shots as he did is not a good thing - those are shots Pierce and Allen should be taking, but Pierce's accuracy has been questionable all series and Allen doesn't look anything near his best.

It was a real grind but they did it and James can finally claim he's been in a side that can come back from being behind in a series. Bosh seems near his normal self. I wanted Heat-Thunder and got it.

This should be good. Basjetball wins with this matchup.
Old 2012-06-09, 22:51   Link #1224
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Damn, I feel bad for Boston but the Heat deserves this shot for the Finals. It is going to be hard if the Heat loses this time because more than likely they are going to break the big 3 when that happens. Anyway for Boston, I got to admit they put up a great fight and this is a compliment from a Lakers' fan. It is going to be a hard off season for them, they are in the same situation as the Lakers cap salary wise.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 23:04   Link #1225
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

With LeBron getting another shot, I think that this makes this question presented that is sorta relevent.

Would LeBron getting a ring make him less interesting?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-nba-champion

And for the record, I think the Thunder has the advantage and will probably win the series in 6. They should be the favorites. Basically equal talent (Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka) and much more depth.
Old 2012-06-10, 00:33   Link #1226
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

On Boston - I think this was Doc Rivers's final year since he got talked into doing one more year. If he goes, it's rebuilding time. Boston's big mistake was trading away Kendrick Perkins. He's going great for OKC.

On Lebron - Funny you mention that, Dilla. I came across this yesterday comparing the current situation of AFL superstar Gary Ablett Jr. to Lebron James.
Old 2012-06-10, 12:14   Link #1227
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
With LeBron getting another shot, I think that this makes this question presented that is sorta relevent.

Would LeBron getting a ring make him less interesting?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-nba-champion

And for the record, I think the Thunder has the advantage and will probably win the series in 6. They should be the favorites. Basically equal talent (Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka) and much more depth.
To the casual fan that doesn't like him LeBron would definitely be less interesting with a ring. So much of the narrative on him right now consists of bashing him for the one meaningful award he hasn't achieved. If he wins a title, his critics would have little to say.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:05   Link #1228
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

That's what happens when you give people the power to talk. Even if Lebron wins it, he'll then be compared to Kobe and Michael in the number of championships, and the same may go for Durant (luckily, he's not as outspoken) when people see his assist stats and compare it to the 'ballhog' Kobe. There's absolutely no way to please everyone.

Best of luck to both teams, and I have to say this, but this finals sounds more like a weather report than a basketball matchup...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 02:27   Link #1229
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
To the casual fan that doesn't like him LeBron would definitely be less interesting with a ring. So much of the narrative on him right now consists of bashing him for the one meaningful award he hasn't achieved. If he wins a title, his critics would have little to say.
Don't worry man, where there's a will there is a way to hate.

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 08:37   Link #1230
judasmartel
*Author

^ But at least he sticked with the Bulls for 7 years before getting that ring, unlike a certain somebody who had to team up with two other stars after 7 years in Cleveland to get that ring. KD's on his way to getting that ring within just 3 years in OKC.
Old 2012-06-11, 12:32   Link #1231
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
^ But at least he sticked with the Bulls for 7 years before getting that ring, unlike a certain somebody who had to team up with two other stars after 7 years in Cleveland to get that ring. KD's on his way to getting that ring within just 3 years in OKC.
That is a rather sweeping generalisation. Michael Jordan joined the Bulls in 1985. Scottie Pippen joined them in 1987. Jordan was sure championships would come once Pippen was on the team, it's well known. Lebron never had anyone near the level of Pippen, Rodman, Westbrook or the like to back him up at Cleveland. Pippen's a Hall of Famer and listed in the 50 greatest players of all time. No one that was with Lebron was close to that. It was a one person show in Cleveland. Their poor draft/trade choices after Lebron and inflated contracts of sub-par talent made them unable to give him a proper team. The way Lebron handled The Decision was questionable by any means. But the simple fact is you need at least two top-tier players to win a title. Bryant needed O'Neal to join him before championships came then needed Gasol/Bynum to arrive to get more after O'Neal left.

And just how were Cleveland supposed to improve their list? They were at the weak end of the lottery, salary cap issues were imposing. He waited 7 years. He's put it upon himself to get a ring. He knew this move would come with the provision that history would expect him to get a ring or else. So be it.
Old 2012-06-11, 20:54   Link #1232
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Also want to add that the year where Jordan retired to play baseball, that Bulls team was good enough to win 55 games and be 3rd seed in the Eastern Conference with Pippin as the focal point.

Plus, it's not like LeBron was dead set on Miami from the get-go. He tried to convince Bosh to join him Cleveland, but Bosh just didn't like Cleveland. Boozer bolted out of Cleveland the first chance he got (after LeBron's rookie year).
Old 2012-06-11, 23:19   Link #1233
judasmartel
*Author

But who wants to play for Cleveland nowadays anyway? They say the city is cursed in sports and all that. Besides, I want to believe that James bolting out of Cleveland wasn't entirely his fault. It's partly the fault of the Cavaliers front office but they can't help it because they're stuck with unfavourable deals and they just can't get a solid supporting cast even if they wanted to.

As Michael Jordan said, "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson] and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team. But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today."

Note that MJ didn't think of it as a bad thing. MJ and Bron have different views about championships, I guess.

MJ won't want to team up with Bird and Magic because he wanted to beat those guys.

Bron, on the other hand, probably doesn't care how he would get that ring, he WILL get that ring no matter what it takes. Even teaming up with two other superstars and leaving his hometown team in shambles. And with his personality and performance changes, he's definitely getting there.

Spoiler for Have fun:
Old 2012-06-11, 23:51   Link #1234
hero147

Quote:
But who wants to play for Cleveland nowadays anyway? They say the city is cursed in sports and all that. Besides, I want to believe that James bolting out of Cleveland wasn't entirely his fault. It's partly the fault of the Cavaliers front office but they can't help it because they're stuck with unfavourable deals and they just can't get a solid supporting cast even if they wanted to.

As Michael Jordan said, "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson] and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team. But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today."

Note that MJ didn't think of it as a bad thing. MJ and Bron have different views about championships, I guess.

MJ won't want to team up with Bird and Magic because he wanted to beat those guys.

Bron, on the other hand, probably doesn't care how he would get that ring, he WILL get that ring no matter what it takes. Even teaming up with two other superstars and leaving his hometown team in shambles. And with his personality and performance changes, he's definitely getting there.

Spoiler for Have fun:
Haha. Nice picture. I like Misaka Mikoto more than Shana, so go OKC!

Jordan was way to competitive to quit the Bulls and move to another team, with or without Pippen. Besides, Pippen got better because of Jordan, who also helped him with his 6 pretty rings. =)

I think Lebron doesn't deserve the hate that he gets. But I do think it was tactless in how he handled going to Miami and it was pretty arrogant of him to say that he would win 8 rings. It sort of implied that no other team could defeat the newly formed trio and that every other team was somehow inferior. Admittedly, it's making me a bit happy that the big 3 is finding just how hard it is to win a championship.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 08:44   Link #1235
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
+

Quote:

First off this is Durant's 5th season, I don't know why but a lot of casual b-ball fans seem to think he's only been in the system for 3-4 years...

Also you say that Jordan stuck out with his team after 7 years instead of forming a "super group" with Bird and Magic.. L O L. Bird was done as a top tier player since 89 when he played 6 games that season. Johnson had his HIV incident... Michael never had a chance to form a team with them.. though their stars where falling while MJs was going up and up.. would've made no sense to team with them at that stage.

You say Bron left his team in shambles? Can you blame him?

2004 Draft - Pick 10 - Luke Jackson
2005 Draft - Lost in trade for Wesley Pearons

That's incompetent, look @ how the Thunder drafted after Durant for an example of good management. Of course the Thunder had higher picks because Durant's first years couldn't compare to how good James was.

Than you add the Carlos Boozer debacle, yes Boozer is an ass for running but the Cavs thought they were getting a bargin with this "agreement" and lol @ them. Also trading for Jamison instead of Amare because they wanted to keep J.J Hickson....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 09:36   Link #1236
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Can't wait for tomorrow finals, I will rooting for Durant's legacy start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
+Also trading for Jamison instead of Amare because they wanted to keep J.J Hickson....
LOL, This is well known false rumour.
Old 2012-06-12, 22:42   Link #1237
hero147

And OKC takes game 1...
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 22:59   Link #1238
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Heat will need to win Game 2 to have any shot at this title. They aren't going take 4 out of 5 against a complete team like OKC with Durant as the centerfold.
Old 2012-06-13, 01:11   Link #1239
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Heat will need to win Game 2 to have any shot at this title. They aren't going take 4 out of 5 against a complete team like OKC with Durant as the centerfold.
You are right , they need too.
But lets be real can they.

Thunder will take game 2. Thats my opinion.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:03   Link #1240
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Miami easily can easily take game two though im want OKC to win every game is a complete 50% tossup. I mean this kind of reminded me of last year finals were after getting beat like everyone expected Dallas game out and stole game 2 and took the momentum of the series and the way Miami played tonight showed that OKC can be beaten. They were just out hustled and while Lebron and Kd traded blows Westbrook outplayed Wade drastically which was IMO the most pivotal part of the game.

Things to look for in game 2 is if MIA can hustle all 48 min and if Wade can get back to his former championship self and also if Harden or Bosh will step up.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote