Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 09:15   Link #1021
tehjoker
It's all useless.

Expected Released date is Dec 2009
tehjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 00:39   Link #1022
killer3000ad

Awesome new teaser footage with much dark templar ownage->http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41396.html
Old 2008-10-12, 02:31   Link #1023
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Awesome new teaser footage with much dark templar ownage->http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41396.html
Makes me cry with tears of joy seeing the two character facing each other again. Ohhhhh Zeratul, after so many years you are still a joy to behold.
Old 2008-10-12, 09:55   Link #1024
tehjoker
It's all useless.

For me, the much awaited is the FALL of KERRIGAN.
tehjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 10:12   Link #1025
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

FALL? How about Kerrigan's third form?

Protoss Kerrigan!

Kerri with mage outfit and using her powers to lay waste to just about everything!
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 10:47   Link #1026
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/918/918895p1.html

StarCraft 2's singleplayer component has been split into 3 games in order to make the game's storyline more epic. Each game has the same multiplayer component, but a different and distinct story mode.

They will not be released all at the same time, but periodically and episodically. You could treat them as expansions, but they're standalone so you won't need the previous one to install the latest one.

Beta keys were handed out as part of the BlizzCon goodie bag, so expect the Beta to come in the near future.
I wonder how well that will work out...

Though if the Terran, Zerg, and Protoss campaigns themselves are made out to be at least 30-40+ missions (and more cutscenes, development, etc.)and the rest maybe....but still
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 13:08   Link #1027
Xacual

That's basically what they said, each campaign will be 30+ missions. Also there is stuff you can do in between missions. I think they said something about being able to choose your missions and also for Terran you can work on alliances with other factions or something.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 14:50   Link #1028
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
FALL? How about Kerrigan's third form?

Protoss Kerrigan!

Kerri with mage outfit and using her powers to lay waste to just about everything!
No, I want Kerrigan to stay a Zerg.
Zerg > Terran > Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Does Kerrigan's head always looks that human? (Her skin color is to human for my taste, they should add some gray or green to it.) Maybe she would looks better if I could see her whole body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/918/918895p1.html

StarCraft 2's singleplayer component has been split into 3 games in order to make the game's storyline more epic. Each game has the same multiplayer component, but a different and distinct story mode.

They will not be released all at the same time, but periodically and episodically. You could treat them as expansions, but they're standalone so you won't need the previous one to install the latest one.

Beta keys were handed out as part of the BlizzCon goodie bag, so expect the Beta to come in the near future.
I like the prospect of 3x more content. But I'm not yet totally convinced about the stand-alone part being the best option. Because now the story won't be as good as it could be if it was followed up with the things that happened in the other installments. Now you can just buy the Protoss game when it is released and you won't have missed a thing (story wise).

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2008-10-12 at 15:40.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 15:40   Link #1029
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
this is awesome

kerrigan will turn into ranka for her 3rd form

sorry i went there
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 18:29   Link #1030
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I like the prospect of 3x more content. But I'm not yet totally convinced about the stand-alone part being the best option. Because now the story won't be as good as it could be if it was followed up with the things that happened in the other installments. Now you can just buy the Protoss game when it is released and you won't have missed a thing (story wise).

I dunno, if I'm thinking this right. If it was just one game then the campaign story would go with Terrans, Zerg, and then end with protoss.

So playing with just the protoss is like reading the last 1/3 chapter of the book without even knowing what was going on in the last 2/3 of the book.

In other words, you'll be missing a whole lot of content and story and development.

Each story demands three to four times as much content as was found in the original StarCraft. On top of the core missions, there will also be alternate paths to take, extensive use of in-game cinematics, and a lot of characters to help flesh out the story. Blizzard also wants to help support each character's development by including some side missions to help flesh them out and make players care about them in a natural way. To do that, there were three options that the team came up with to help them make the game they wanted.

I wonder if Dawn of war 2 would be the same since the only campaign available are the Space Marines.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2008-10-12 at 18:47.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 19:23   Link #1031
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjoker View Post
For me, the much awaited is the FALL of KERRIGAN.
As long as a protoss kills her, I am happy.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 19:51   Link #1032
Cinocard

And if the SC movie is just as awesome as this
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 21:32   Link #1033
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If each campaign makes its own game and their releases will be spaced out, online play will be a little weird. Suppose the first game to be released is the Terran campaign. Anyone wanting to play as Zerg or Protoss will have to learn the tech tree and unit operations through multiplayer, until the second and/or third campaigns are released as well.

I'd prefer that they release a single game, and then release expansion packs as necessary (as in SC and SC:Brood Wars).
Old 2008-10-12, 22:11   Link #1034
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
If each campaign makes its own game and their releases will be spaced out, online play will be a little weird. Suppose the first game to be released is the Terran campaign. Anyone wanting to play as Zerg or Protoss will have to learn the tech tree and unit operations through multiplayer, until the second and/or third campaigns are released as well.

I'd prefer that they release a single game, and then release expansion packs as necessary (as in SC and SC:Brood Wars).
It's business. I guess. But maybe there will be an extra expansion pack.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 10:54   Link #1035
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post

I personally never used the campaign to learn a game. I always did Skirmish to learn the race i want to learn. I don't think it would be a problem for some people that the campaign isn't directly available. There are enough ways to learn a race.

I actually only bothered with the campaign to learn the story. Which is usually after i learned the race already. To think of I can't even remember the SC campaign anymore Though i still know the Warcraft lore quite well.

From released gameplay movies, i notice SC will be widescreen. Iirc there were questions why War3 didn't had Widescreen, and the answer was because it would give a advantage one way or the other way around. So how will they deal with it in Starcraft 2 ?

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 23:42   Link #1036
brocko

EPIC BUMP IS EPIC!!!

Behold!
THE STARCRAFT II BATTLE REPORT
on map Kulas Ravine

This is Blizzard's first official shoutcast for Starcraft II depicting a 21 min match between game balance designers Matt Cooper (Red Protoss) and David Kim (Blue Terran), commentated by Dustin Browder (Starcraft II's Lead Designer) and Robert Simpson (Blizzard's E-Sports Coordinator), showcasing for the first time ever StarCraft II's spectator mode along with the many improvements that've been made!

Visit here, for extra download and viewing information (youtube, torrents, etc.) and what nots.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 01:05   Link #1037
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
EPIC BUMP IS EPIC!!!

Behold!
THE STARCRAFT II BATTLE REPORT
Good to see a full game showing that they are indeed following the "if it aint broke, don't fix it" approach.

So SC2 is basically going to be SC1 with updated graphics and a bunch of new abilities. Nothing wrong with that.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 07:12   Link #1038
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Also slightly changed units. Indeed very good so far.
Old 2008-12-20, 09:53   Link #1039
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

The buildings looks a bit too cartoon-like imho, it's ok for warcraft III/WoW. But not so sure about it for SC2. Overall, i'm not to impressed by what i saw so far graphic wise. Gameplay looks ok.

The commentator sure make it sound more exciting than it actually is.

Direct download link for the 720p version of the video.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 12:08   Link #1040
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Blizzard games in general have never been about the graphics, but about the gameplay, so the way it looks is within most people expectations that are familiar with their franchises I'd guess.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows