AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-10, 21:14   Link #5081
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Yeah I had considered the possibility that it was Lucifer inside of Touma. But Lucifer had lost to Michael, and whatever this power (again, where was the dragon even mention?) is it's stronger than Michael. I like the theory of a new unexplainable being/god that would overtake the Christian God to become the new top religion sort of in line with the real life religion of 'thelema' and the legend of the book of law ending the age of Christianity when open in vol7.
*pointing at Demiurge
..damn, SMT series got me when talking about angels and demons @_@

I...don't really understand what happened between Touma and Fiamma when Touma lost his arm...does he have another secret power inside him that was awakened when he lost his arm ? What was that about the rule that there can only be 1 imagine breaker at the same time ?

Old 2010-10-10, 21:29   Link #5082
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
What was that about the rule that there can only be 1 imagine breaker at the same time ?
He's saying that the power of Imagine Breaker is so unique that there can only be one in the world, I guess sort of how there can never be a copy of Redirection and Dark Matter, possibly even Deep Blood. It's one of those special powers.
Old 2010-10-10, 22:23   Link #5083
reaper with no name

Another way of looking at it is that Imagine Breaker is only Imagine Breaker if it is attached to Touma. If his right arm is ever separated from him, the power will go away.

I also really appreciate the translations. But I see nothing in there about a silver dragon arm. It just says "some invisible force".

But isn't that what Touma's name means? I once heard that Touma means "invisible demon" or something along those lines.
Old 2010-10-10, 22:28   Link #5084
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah, the silver dragon maybe is the unknown hidden force but not invisible because of Aureoulus thoughts.
Old 2010-10-10, 22:46   Link #5085
reaper with no name

So, something else worth mentioning (bolded for emphasis):

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Well, to begin with, the reason why Rikou isn't a Level 5 already isn't because of the side effects of the drug. They did a simulation using the Tree Diagram and found a way to advance her to Level 5 that has nothing to do with the drug. However, they were not able to achieve those conditions in real life, so they did simulations of her using the drug to see if the same result could be achieved. The simulation showed that it's not possible, but they still gave her the drug anyway.

Needless to say, the drug didn't bring her to Level 5. However, her relationships with Shiage & co., and her experience in the war provided enough stimulation and paved the way to reaching Level 5.

As for her ability, it was mentioned that once she reaches Level 5, by using AIM Fields as a medium, she could interfere and control other people's Personal Reality. This means that she could raise/lower people's levels, completely take away people's powers, grant abilities to other people, switch people's abilities, and possibly even create a true Dual Skill. She can even create a specific ability and set it at a specific level. Even Accelerator can become powerless in front of her. In other words, she alone can do what the whole AC has been doing all along.

I don't think it was mentioned what she could do beside AIM stalking and interfering with other people's AIM Field at Level 4. However, during the Dark Matter Squad attack, when Mugino was weak and can't aim properly, Rikou assisted her in aiming. The lady superior explained that Rikou's ability interfered with Mugino's Personal Reality and kind of forcefully corrected her aim.

I don't remember if it was stated that she could copy and use other people's abilities, though. They mentioned nothing about her being able to copy and use other abilities in this volume, and I don't remember if it was mentioned in vol. 15.
If that part right there is true, she is the ultimate weapon against anything short of an angel. Espers wouldn't be able to do a thing against her because she could turn their powers against them (or take them away entirely). If they don't have an esper power, she can give them one and then turn it against them.

Rikou: Oh, hi there [insert magician here]. You now have Level 5 pyrokinesis, which I will now set you on fire with. Don't bother trying to cast any spells, you'll just hurt yourself even more.

And this is to say nothing of the possibility of her being able to create an entire city of level 5s, possibly with more than one ability (but didn't they say at one point that an esper with more than one ability would have their brain explode? The only one we've seen do that was Accelerator via the Dark Matter wings, but standard esper rules don't apply to him anyway).

This all just seems a bit too good to be true. Did they actually say she would be able to do all these things, or is that speculation?

And I can't help but wonder how her power would affect gemstone espers (if at all).

Well, in any case, it looks like Mikoto just got downgraded to rank 4. Kuroko is going to flip when she gets the news.
Old 2010-10-10, 23:02   Link #5086
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper with no name View Post
Well, in any case, it looks like Mikoto just got downgraded to rank 4. Kuroko is going to flip when she gets the news.
Wait, wait wait- where is this at? Yes, Mikoto hasn't been able to do everything she's wanted, but her creativty and her power level shouldn't of gone down.
Old 2010-10-10, 23:04   Link #5087
reaper with no name

Mikoto is the 3rd ranked level 5. If Rikou can do half the things the post I quoted says she can, then she's taking the number 3 spot, at least.
Old 2010-10-10, 23:06   Link #5088
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Mikoto should be Rank Five. Remember, Gunha Sogiita.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-10, 23:25   Link #5089
Miraluka
Banned

I'm curious about the similitudes bewtween Index's cross in her chest and Gabriel's cross on his/her chest.

Coincidence?

Quote:
Rikou: Oh, hi there [insert magician here]. You now have Level 5 pyrokinesis, which I will now set you on fire with. Don't bother trying to cast any spells, you'll just hurt yourself even more.
Her power affects espers, isn't like she can infuse AIM on people just like that, she fixes the AIM on those who have.

Quote:
And this is to say nothing of the possibility of her being able to create an entire city of level 5s, possibly with more than one ability (but didn't they say at one point that an esper with more than one ability would have their brain explode? The only one we've seen do that was Accelerator via the Dark Matter wings, but standard esper rules don't apply to him anyway).
Thats Dual Skill not Multi Skill. And I can't remember but it was Level 4's not Level 5's.

Quote:
This all just seems a bit too good to be true. Did they actually say she would be able to do all these things, or is that speculation?
No, its al true.

Quote:
And I can't help but wonder how her power would affect gemstone espers (if at all).
Maybe the Gemstones, afterall they are AIM based.

Quote:
Rank Five if you count with Gunha Sogiita
Old 2010-10-10, 23:34   Link #5090
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I'm curious about the similitudes bewtween Index's cross in her chest and Gabriel's cross on his/her chest.

Coincidence?

Her power affects espers, isn't like she can infuse AIM on people just like that, she fixes the AIM on those who have.

Thats Dual Skill not Multi Skill. And I can't remember but it was Level 4's not Level 5's.

No, its al true.

Maybe the Gemstones, afterall they are AIM based.

Rank Five if you count with Gunha Sogiita
Increasing someone's level is increasing their AIM. But I suppose it not working on level 0s would be a sensible limitation (do normal people even have a Personal Reality?).

So she can't increase levels beyond 4? That would make sense. But even so, the power to create a whole world of level 4s...Wow.

Gunha, cool as he is, is currently ranked 7th. Unless he gets a powerup or someone above him gets nerfed or killed, he's not moving up.
Old 2010-10-10, 23:43   Link #5091
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Gunha, cool as he is, is currently ranked 7th. Unless he gets a powerup or someone above him gets nerfed or killed, he's not moving up.
Currently ranked 7th because his gemstones abilities can't be explained through the "science".
Old 2010-10-11, 00:12   Link #5092
reaper with no name

Point remains. He won't be going up in the ranks any time soon, as much as he may or may not deserve it.
Old 2010-10-11, 00:12   Link #5093
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Increasing someone's level is increasing their AIM. But I suppose it not working on level 0s would be a sensible limitation (do normal people even have a Personal Reality?).

So she can't increase levels beyond 4? That would make sense. But even so, the power to create a whole world of level 4s...Wow.

No. The SISTERs' AIM is pretty much identical to Mikoto's, yet they are only still at Level 2/3. Gaining a Level in the Power Development Curriculum means that you have significantly increased your mastery of your own Personal Reality which is used to affect AIM.

The way I see it, Level 5s are not ranked by AC according to powerlevel or whatnot. They are ranked according to their importance to ongoing ESPer development. It just so happens that #1 and #2 are both the most powerful and the most important of the bunch. If Rikou has indeed reached Level 5, then she can probably be promoted to #4 simply because she can pretty much do everything that AC's Power Development Curriculum is doing. Biribiri will still be ranked higher because her ability and unique traits (very large AIM field radius), which she shares with her clones, are important to controlling the Imaginary Number Sector and spreading the Artificial Heaven.

Also remember that it was revealed in earlier spoilers that each ESPer has their own set potentials. They have an upper limit on what Level they can attain (Level cap), and this upper limit is unbreakable. This is why AC only concentrated on those few who had the potential to reach Level 5, and pretty much shafted everyone else by only giving them the regular curriculum that pretty much gives a 0.1% or something chance for them to drastically improve and attain their set Level cap.
Old 2010-10-11, 00:15   Link #5094
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Point remains. He won't be going up in the ranks any time soon, as much as he may or may not deserve it.
Of course, but still he has greater power.
Old 2010-10-11, 00:27   Link #5095
BakaOnna

Translation of Accelerator's angel transformation/healing LO. NOTE: I DID NOT TRANSLATE THIS. Credit goes to some kind /a/non.
Spoiler for scene:
Old 2010-10-11, 00:41   Link #5096
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
No. The SISTERs' AIM is pretty much identical to Mikoto's, yet they are only still at Level 2/3. Gaining a Level in the Power Development Curriculum means that you have significantly increased your mastery of your own Personal Reality which is used to affect AIM.

The way I see it, Level 5s are not ranked by AC according to powerlevel or whatnot. They are ranked according to their importance to ongoing ESPer development. It just so happens that #1 and #2 are both the most powerful and the most important of the bunch. If Rikou has indeed reached Level 5, then she can probably be promoted to #4 simply because she can pretty much do everything that AC's Power Development Curriculum is doing. Biribiri will still be ranked higher because her ability and unique traits (very large AIM field radius), which she shares with her clones, are important to controlling the Imaginary Number Sector and spreading the Artificial Heaven.

Also remember that it was revealed in earlier spoilers that each ESPer has their own set potentials. They have an upper limit on what Level they can attain (Level cap), and this upper limit is unbreakable. This is why AC only concentrated on those few who had the potential to reach Level 5, and pretty much shafted everyone else by only giving them the regular curriculum that pretty much gives a 0.1% or something chance for them to drastically improve and attain their set Level cap.
I was under the impression that the higher your level, the more AIM (not talking about the AIM "pattern" or whatnot; that's unique to each person) you had, and that the amount of AIM you had reflected your mastery of your personal reality (which would not only affect your ability to control your power, but also the amount of power you had). To use the sisters as an example, they not only have less control over their power, but their power is also clearly weaker. And then you've got Accelerator, who's got so much AIM he can erase magic with it.

Under your interpretation of the level system, Mikoto would no longer be considered a level 5, because her importance to the power development curriculum ended when the clones were created. Plus, we've clearly seen that there are tests that espers go through to measure their power, and that based on these tests levels are determined. That indicates that the levels really are just that; levels.
Old 2010-10-11, 00:44   Link #5097
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This manly tear is for you Accelerator.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-11, 00:47   Link #5098
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
"...Damn it, thank you... thank God...!!"
So Accelerator still believes.

Quote:
owever, what would be the basis for this 'original'? Perhaps this was who he truly was. Perhaps, before all the tragedies, before the young Level-5 was swallowed by the 'darkness' of Academy City, the 'original' was a child who would laugh, and who would cry, at the slightest things.
Wait! Was he already Level 5 when he was a kid?

Quote:
I was under the impression that the higher your level, the more AIM (not talking about the AIM "pattern" or whatnot; that's unique to each person) you had, and that the amount of AIM you had reflected your mastery of your personal reality (which would not only affect your ability to control your power, but also the amount of power you had). To use the sisters as an example, they not only have less control over their power, but their power is also clearly weaker. And then you've got Accelerator, who's got so much AIM he can erase magic with it.

Under your interpretation of the level system, Mikoto would no longer be considered a level 5, because her importance to the power development curriculum ended when the clones were created. Plus, we've clearly seen that there are tests that espers go through to measure their power, and that based on these tests levels are determined. That indicates that the levels really are just that; levels.
Also using Mikoto as propaganda, the newcomers won't give up too fast... I feel bad for those now that is the thing you can reach more with efforts is only that, just propaganda.
Old 2010-10-11, 00:56   Link #5099
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:

Level is based on mastery. Ranking within each Level is determined by importance to ongoing research. The amount of AIM you give off is only sometimes related to your Level (usually for those below 3), not always. The reason why, for example, the 2nd production plan is just as potent in spreading the field as the 3rd production plan, is that their AIM field has the same stats despite the Worst line being Level 4s. Also, the reason why the SISTERs are weaker is precisely because they do not have the capacity to exert a level of control similar to Mikoto's on their Personal Realities. Better control not only means being creative with your powers. It also means that you can affect the world around you to a greater degree.

Also, GLORIOUS Accelerator scene. Thank you, kind 4chan /a/non.
Old 2010-10-11, 01:00   Link #5100
Kyouka
Is Here

wait so accelerator is dead now?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen