Master Grade Master

But those knees...ugh...stickers?!
Old 2012-02-18, 11:42   Link #24542
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Dude! Get over it! Or paint it yourself, if you don't like it, but quit complaining, please. The kit looks great imo, and that's all that counts. For me, anyway.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 12:37   Link #24543
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Then, don't use them. The MG AGE-1 as shown already looks good OOB, and the legs look as they should even without the stickers. All you're getting by putting the stickers is making those parts darker than they already are.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 13:49   Link #24544
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
I could find this here within 30seconds so click this and stop complaining:
http://i.imgur.com/UM1lQ.jpg
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 14:10   Link #24545
MrSubstitute1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
I could find this here within 30seconds so click this and stop complaining:
http://i.imgur.com/UM1lQ.jpg
I have a feeling that he would say they are not black.
MrSubstitute1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 21:39   Link #24546
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSubstitute1 View Post
I have a feeling that he would say they are not black.

Well they're not black. Hm. They decided to go with the inner frame color? Not bad I guess...

I plan on putting a gun metal color on all inner frame kits (with the gray frame) anyway so I guess it wouldn't be too bad?
Old 2012-02-19, 01:08   Link #24547
maknaedik

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...review-by.html

-Clear green part for the scope looks good.
-It actually retained the circle thingy under the skirt armor, which I thought they'll eliminate.
-As far as I can see, I think it's SEAMLESS ))))
-No need to line those tiny lines because the inner frame is exposed underneath. It's actually good since my rule is: gray lines for the white parts and black lines for the rest.

Now I can't wait for Titus

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com

Last edited by maknaedik; 2012-02-19 at 01:19.
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 01:39   Link #24548
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...review-by.html

-Clear green part for the scope looks good.
-It actually retained the circle thingy under the skirt armor, which I thought they'll eliminate.
-No need to line those tiny lines because the inner frame is exposed underneath. It's actually good since my rule is: gray lines for the white parts and black lines for the rest.

Now I can't wait for Titus
Looks like a great build for the new MG concept, but IMO has little to offer from the 1/144 version, lead gundam collecting-wise.
Old 2012-02-19, 02:50   Link #24549
pumpkins

Quote:
hm. what circle thing are you referring to? the leg joint?
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 03:54   Link #24550
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
hm. what circle thing are you referring to? the leg joint?
Yeah, that's it

Old 2012-02-19, 04:07   Link #24551
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Is that separate finger movement that I see? I also noticed the absence of pegs on the hands or the weapons. If it’s so, I just hope that the fingers aren’t loose.

At least the articulation is more than decent. Ironically, the AGE-1 Normal never had that intense movements in the anime beside by-the-numbers slashing, punching and shooting. Usually, the Gundams’ movements & articulation in the anime are too extreme the kits can’t keep up. But here, the kit's articulation & movement are actually way better than in the anime.

Yeah, I also can't wait to see MG Titus even though I hate the blue back-fin/wing on it. Can't wait to have it doing some wrestler poses .
Old 2012-02-19, 04:38   Link #24552
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Is that separate finger movement that I see? I also noticed the absence of pegs on the hands or the weapons. If it’s so, I just hope that the fingers aren’t loose.

At least the articulation is more than decent. Ironically, the AGE-1 Normal never had that intense movements in the anime beside by-the-numbers slashing, punching and shooting. Usually, the Gundams’ movements & articulation in the anime are too extreme the kits can’t keep up. But here, the kit's articulation & movement are actually way better than in the anime.

Yeah, I also can't wait to see MG Titus even though I hate the blue back-fin/wing on it. Can't wait to have it doing some wrestler poses .
The thumb is on a ball joint and has a knuckle joint as well. You could say that it's similar to 2.0 kits, but found in the thumb instead.

I'm gonna do a LOT of wrestling poses with it, that's for sure. A very poseable bulky MS like Titus is a dream come true for me.

Old 2012-02-19, 05:10   Link #24553
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Looks like a good, solid kit really.
And I rather have these somewhat more simple frames (It is still a full frame with good detail anyway) than even higher pricing due to oil prices.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 05:46   Link #24554
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiu_fan View Post
An unpainted review by Hacchaka is available. Now I'm impressed by it. I'm surprised that they redesigned the rifle, I thought they would just re-use the ones that were from the Strike Noir. The Assault Shroud parts look kinda loose though.
Hmm, it seems that there's a mention about "the waist being unrotatable" at the end of the review (腰があまり回らない点だけ残念でしたが). So far, this is the only review that brings this point up. So anyone can confirmed this ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 06:00   Link #24555
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Hmm, it seems that there's a mention about "the waist being unrotatable" at the end of the review (腰があまり回らない点だけ残念でしたが). So far, this is the only review that brings this point up. So anyone can confirmed this ?
If I have to hazard a guess from the images on that page, I think the Assault Shroud is so bulky that it inhibits the waist motion. Without the extra armor, the Duel's waist rotates and twists as expected.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 06:00   Link #24556
casval cehack

Looking at Hacchaka's gallery, the assault shroud parts hinders articulation in the waist area.
Old 2012-02-19, 07:38   Link #24557
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If I have to hazard a guess from the images on that page, I think the Assault Shroud is so bulky that it inhibits the waist motion. Without the extra armor, the Duel's waist rotates and twists as expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Looking at Hacchaka's gallery, the assault shroud parts hinders articulation in the waist area.
Of course. As evident from a shot of the plain Duel which I failed to noticed earlier :-

But still the postioning of the waist plating prevents it from rotating fully. A point that is also made clear from Hacchaka :-
(ただ今回腰が少ししか回らず、これ以上曲げるとグレーのパーツが外れるような仕様だったのが残 念。)
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 08:27   Link #24558
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Of course. As evident from a shot of the plain Duel which I failed to noticed earlier
That range is just about what the human waist can twist. I suppose it should not be a problem to anyone since posing the Duel beyond the ranges of that articulation would make it look unnatural.
Un1ver5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 08:38   Link #24559
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1ver5e View Post
That range is just about what the human waist can twist. I suppose it should not be a problem to anyone since posing the Duel beyond the ranges of that articulation would make it look unnatural.
i really dont get how so many people always complain that you cant rotate the waist and head 180 or even 360 degrees :P its not like this benefits posing!
human-like posability is all you really need. and the duel seems to nail that pretty well!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 09:04   Link #24560
maknaedik

For me, the head must at least turn sideways. Waist rotation, hmmm.. I think at least it must turn sideways as well. If not, I'll complain and looks like Duel can't rotate its waist sideways

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy