AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-01-14, 01:25   Link #7341
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Sound the pedobear alarm. The candy van got wendy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I understand what happened in the chapter, what I'm asking is what happened in the 7 year gap.
You're not making sense.
Old 2012-01-14, 01:52   Link #7342
ellifeedn
Thinker

When Fairy Tail competed during the seven year gap (when Natsu and gang were gone), Fairy Tail got dead last. Did they get last because they failed the preliminary or did they get last in the actual competition?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 02:03   Link #7343
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Maybe it's just me, but I think the preliminary round is a new thing, because of how many people the event attracted this year, so as to cut down on competition.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 04:34   Link #7344
Slayerx

well atleast they got one of the secondary characters into the mix. Though i really hope elfman actually shows MORE of his magic. Really one thing that really annoyed me about him was how after he gained the ability to do a full transformation we only ever saw him use ONE beast. Sure he occasionally does something else with his arm, but supposedly his magic should be able to do to his body what it can do to his arm and thus full-body transform himself into any number of monsters, which in turn lends itself to a great deal of variety.
Old 2012-01-14, 12:37   Link #7345
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I was wondering if Lucy would pick up other silver key spirits, although I admit I was hoping for more battle-oriented ones. Or something that was a bit more than a compass. Still, we shall see. Though I suspect her combat spirits will remain her golden keys. Hoping her spirits get stronger as she does, too, because they always seemed a bit weak... with the exception of Loke (who seems decent), and Aquarius (who seems to be an IWIN button if there is water around).

Wendy's gone missing, Erza's got a dominatrix outfit, Elfman has bulked up super big. Hoping it's not just muscles that he gained, but actually showcases some more variety and skill in his magic as well.

And now we know the reason they all had to be in their quarters by 12. I figured there would be some qualifying round to narrow it down, and there we have it. The question remains, then... who are the 8 guilds that made it? My guesses:

Fairy Tail
Sabertooth
Raven Tail
Blue Pegasus
Lamia Scale

...and I know I'm missing something obvious. Although I think we might end up with a guild or two that's a relative unknown, who functions as a red shirt to be beat up by Sabertooth or something.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 17:49   Link #7346
haegar
mangaviking

calling it now, Raven Tail suprisingly not participating to be revealed as antagonist of the arc. They are behind the tournament, and Igor uses the yearly tournament to somehow siphon magic power of the participants and use it to charge up another of his crazed Lacryma plans.

alternative: Raven Tail competes, in that case the guys stealing the magics in the tournament are, TADA, the council they suck. so in order to stay on top and keep on enforcing the law, each year, the steal a little magic from all who come to compete in order to buff up their exec mages.

pumpkin head makes me think though its RT.
Old 2012-01-14, 17:50   Link #7347
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
They are behind the tournament, and Igor uses the yearly tournament to somehow siphon magic power of the participants and use it to charge up another of his crazed Lacryma plans.
You mean Ivan?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 21:31   Link #7348
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Did Pumpkin head guy not remind anyone else of a little Manhwa called Witch Hunter?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 03:14   Link #7349
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Only if he turns into a pettanko too :P
Old 2012-01-20, 12:41   Link #7350
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

267 is out

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-20, 12:44   Link #7351
immblueversion

A single dollar says that the Raven Tail guy in the armor is Gajeel in disguise. That or he's the guy in the bunny costume for Blue Pegasus.

Also, I hope Wendy gets to rejoin the event soon, but for the moment, I'm glad they're letting Elfman continue to be a part of the team.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2012-01-20 at 12:54.
Old 2012-01-20, 13:03   Link #7352
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 267:
Old 2012-01-20, 17:02   Link #7353
immblueversion

Who else thinks the hooded Mermaid Heel member is Millianna?

Old 2012-01-20, 17:17   Link #7354
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Who else thinks the hooded Mermaid Heel member is Millianna?
She's got the cat face...and there's spider-girl and mermaid-wannabe, so why not? Should be fun Bunny guy from Blue Pegasus could even be Sho...but we'll see about that.

Now, to the main...
Spoiler for 267:
Old 2012-01-20, 17:19   Link #7355
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
She's got the cat face...and there's spider-girl and mermaid-wannabe, so why not? Should be fun Bunny guy from Blue Pegasus could even be Sho...but we'll see about that.

Now, to the main...
Spoiler for 267:
Jose attack another guild. i don't think the council (even if they don't like FT) is going to let him off the hook for that.
Old 2012-01-20, 18:13   Link #7356
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This was a really fun chapter. Nothing much to say other then that. I just hope the pace continues.
Old 2012-01-20, 18:51   Link #7357
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Spoiler for 267:
Crime Sorciere is not only NOT an official guild, it's also composed of criminals to the council...so I highly doubt it...

Git off mah Mavis! She mah adoraloli girl of the series (Wendy is just kinda "awe isn't that cute)

Series should be renamed Mermaid Heel with Juvia, Erza and those other, less important, female members of Fairy Tail joining MH for epic harem guild manga...because why not?

Think we just saw RT's werewolf guy's human form.

Still find it weird how people just outright lose respect for FT in 7 years. Granted that the guild was not the same after the Tenrou incident and that some kids grew up looking at FT as a weak guild, but atleast adults should remember that the same guys that were in Tenrou island and went missing were also the same guys that made FT the strongest guild 7 years ago...
It's been 7 years, but people's reactions make it look like 50 years passed and most people that knew FT are either old and dead...

The whole conversation between Blue Pegasus and the FT girls was funny, especially the one with "Wendy"

CHAPTER NEEDS MORE JUVIA

That is all
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 19:36   Link #7358
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

HELL YEAH more girls to add to the Gray harem!

Nice chapter overall and pretty glad it wasn't a Wendy kidnapping, instead something tied to RT, better than I thought, so good stuff.

Not surprised at there being another guild of hidden potential and possibly better than ST, altho whether Mashima will make them stronger than ST is 50/50, it's always a toss of the coin on these hidden factors showing up like so.
They may seem like a surprise threat that either follow through on that or fall flat and become nothing much.

The real surprise was Mavis, I WTFLOL'ed at that but it's a pleasant WTFLOL'ed.
Wouldn't mind if she started huanting the guild more, I could see alot of lolz coming from that.
Old 2012-01-20, 19:49   Link #7359
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

Yay~ Master Mavis returns! Fairy Tail keeps getting better by the week!
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 20:14   Link #7360
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Think we just saw RT's werewolf guy's human form.
Was that even a werewolf, or just some kind of summon or decoration on the back of that lady who I still think looks like an evil Orihime until Hiro or someone else gives her a more or less official color scheme.

Anyway, I always love being introduced to new guild members, especially villainous ones. I just hope they give enough focus on these new faces.

By the way, in the case of Sabertooth, I wonder who else is gonna represent the guild. No doubt Sting and Rogue are in it, but odds are they're gonna add three more members, since all the other guilds shown so far have a total of five representatives. I know the rules say there must be no more than five, but is it a requirement for them to have no less than five either? Not only that, but it was specifically stated in chapter 258 that the master of the guild recruited five "very strange but very capable" people. So if two of them are the Dragon Slayer Duo, odds are those other three will also participate.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen