AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-12-17, 15:44   Link #5241
Seitsuki
Onee!

I just started playing (can't even do ranked matches yet) and everyone's been great. Guessing the competitive scene is where all the famed bm happens.
Old 2014-12-17, 18:20   Link #5242
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I just started playing (can't even do ranked matches yet) and everyone's been great. Guessing the competitive scene is where all the famed bm happens.
Only bad if you let it get to you.

Practice and get a champ for every position, and you'll cut out most of the drama right away.
Old 2014-12-17, 18:42   Link #5243
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
You must quite lucky to met non-toxic players, seriously if you're playing like bronze 5 even in normal people will seriously go apeshit on you like you murdered their family or something. Before I become silver, I carried a game using Katarina against a fed Teemo and oh boy is he toxic. All of his teammates ask my team and I to report him.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegen...9?tab=overview

and even me wasn't spared from being toxic

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegen...9?tab=overview

this match right here, I wish I have a recording of it to show you guys. :P

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-12-17 at 19:01.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 04:59   Link #5244
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Most of the toxic players I met are more concerned about themselves so-called "carrying" the game rather than actually winning. I remember securing first blood for my top laner early in a game, and the mid laner immediately started flaming me for not going mid instead. Another time, when I played support, my ADC started raging when I went mid during a lull at the bot lane and successfully ganked the enemy mid laner.

Whenever I encounter players like these, I just mute them or else they'll start making me go on tilt as well. They'll rage when we lose and rage when we win. I focus instead on continuing to take steps to win the game.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 05:06   Link #5245
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

For my games it's mostly random on what starts arguments. If someone is losing their lane, they expect to be carried and suddenly flame the team for not carrying them. When the team is losing, they start looking for someone to blame despite many circumstances killing the blamed player. When someone is doing well, they flame the one dragging them down. Honestly, I'm glad people here aren't getting too many toxic players, but my own personal end hasn't been so blissful.

It's sort of the thing that made me step back from League actually. I still play it to get First Win of the Day, but after that I'd rather move to something else.
Old 2014-12-18, 18:41   Link #5246
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So are some players mean-sprinted and fool mouthed?
Hahah he wasn't kidding about the pathetic cam hores XD
Old 2014-12-19, 18:20   Link #5247
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Btw i need some recommend for new champs if you guys can help me.

My primary play style is quickly closing the gap between me and my opponent so I can burst him/her down and leave. For this play style I find Akali(her ult), Ahri(her ult), Irelia(her Q) and Katarina(Her E) fit prefectly (especially Katarina, since her shunpo can reset if I get a kill/assist). Also i suck at Leblanc and Zed so these two are no good.
Old 2014-12-19, 19:10   Link #5248
Awrya
U mad?

How about Poppy?
She has pretty good burst damage.
Old 2014-12-19, 19:15   Link #5249
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post

My primary play style is quickly closing the gap between me and my opponent so I can burst him/her down and leave. For this play style I find Akali(her ult), Ahri(her ult), Irelia(her Q) and Katarina(Her E) fit prefectly (especially Katarina, since her shunpo can reset if I get a kill/assist). Also i suck at Leblanc and Zed so these two are no good.
Master Yi his reset on Q and ult extension can work well with this. Kha'Zix with evolved wings is kat like. Nidalee, but she takes you landing Q for long range pounce.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2014-12-20 at 09:20.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 08:10   Link #5250
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
How about Poppy?
She has pretty good burst damage.
Unless you play in a very farm-heavy lane, do not expect to have fun with Poppy in the laning phase.

That said Poppy has gained some popularity lately against Mundo, Maokai, few others.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 14:36   Link #5251
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Jax, lol. 3 hits and they're ded, you walk away laughing as the rest of the enemy team tries to hurt you.

Or Fizz if you can nail the Q in the right direction.
Old 2014-12-21, 02:19   Link #5252
IceHism

Quote:

Riven and Fizz come to mind. Riven has 4 gap closers(and one can pass through small ledges) and a very strong burst combo and Fizz has his 4 seconds troll pole+zhonya combo with extremely high damage again..
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 17:37   Link #5253
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Thanks for the recommendations! So far I am planning on getting Riven and Fizz after seeing some of the gameplay videos on them. I will try out other camps as well!

Edit: Well great! NA server is down...

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-12-21 at 18:08.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 20:15   Link #5254
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:

I wouldn't really call Riven's Q a gap closer ...

Anyway it seems you're looking for assassins, although Irelia is a bruiser. The already mentioned Fizz and Khazix definitely fit the criteria. You might also take a look at

Xinzhao, although once he commits in a team fight he better kills his target because his dash is very all-in.
Yasuo, his dash isn't really targeted but it works well if you know what you're doing. Also he scales very well into late game.
Talon, plays similar to Katarina without resets, but not as affected by CC.
Old 2014-12-21, 22:33   Link #5255
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Because of the down NA server, Na players are smurfing in EW server!
Old 2014-12-22, 11:09   Link #5256
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Surprised that people forgot about this, but I would consider Kassadin a similar champion to the specific play style you're after. Strong late game.
Old 2014-12-26, 03:02   Link #5257
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I need your guy's advice again! After abandoning bot lane playing mostly mid and sometime top, I don't seem to be able to carry my team no more.

A lot of the matches always resulted like this

Should I tried to pick up adc again or should I stick to a mid champion that can carry better than Katarina? I do seem to be able to carry much better as a adc. Playing mid only seem to prolong the game even if I am fed. If I should stick to mid, any good carrying game advices? (currently I mid using Akali, Ahri and Katarina)

Btw so far, I am really liking Riven. Can't close the gap as well as Irelia but her w made up for it since I don't have to purposely lower my health to stun. Her q allow great chasing and escape.
Old 2014-12-26, 07:45   Link #5258
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Your team composition is very off...I doubt it's on you.

- Olaf jungle hasn't worked well generally for about a year and the one you were stuck with built completely glass cannon. You were already somewhat behind the 8-ball then. A diving jungler that's trying to rush a carry can't be glass cannon unless it's Kha'Zix, which still requires coordination and timing.

- Your Lee Sin built almost pure tank....O_O Hybird Lee is where it's at - some armor pen, even a Sightstone to do the uber Lee kick/escape combos.

- Sejuani support going AP carryish? Ugh....She is meant to be tanky with a bit of AP. If Sejuani can't ram into the middle of a fight, lock everyone up and soak for days, they're doing it wrong. Furthermore, Sejuani should be jungling....at support, too easy to harass.

- Ashe is Ashe. Decent damage but too easy to dive/lock down. And yours went pure glass cannon along with no armor pen.

- No MR on your team vs Teemo and Fiddle? Ay yay yay...utterly asking to be spanked.

- CS numbers across the board are low for a 50+ min game.

If you're going to play Kat and win consistently, you do need some decent allies. However, Kat is expected to go roaming once she's 6 and smash the enemy bot lane 3v2. That's one way to snowball a game out of control in your favor.

And remember people play nowhere near as seriously in normals.
Old 2014-12-26, 11:53   Link #5259
Eragon
Still Alive

No sweepers, no wards, no pinks against fiddle and teemo is a guaranteed loss. You could have gotten a GA by selling DFG. Rab+Dfg is just too much when the enemy doesn't have any MR. Kat has pretty good ratios on top of resets so, I don't think she needs so much AP.

All that said, Olaf was just there to feed them, it seems, so what can you do.
Old 2014-12-26, 11:55   Link #5260
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The first step is to play draft. The second step is to not get annoyed with 4 people claiming the same role.

What you need isn't a champion that you can carry harder, it's a standard team comp.

Tags
league of legends, lol