AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-22, 12:04   Link #1321
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post

Nunnally real dream was to be with Lelouch. In my opinion, the ending of the second season seems too much of a dream. It doesn't feel right because we're given an extreme example of what Lelouch could do if his loved ones aren't there to help him find a better solution, like Euphemia or Nunnally.
Precisely. And perhaps through means of seeing post-ZR Britannia this dumb fandom will finally come to realize how selfish and tragically blind Lelouch's motives really were. That he's not this selfless martyr. Although, in his own eyes I'm sure he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Isn't it a spin-off happening at the same time as the first season (or between the time gap ?) If that's the case, Lelouch's dream should be fine for at least, another two years :P
It looks like some of it may be happening concurrently, but the screenshots obviously indicate that it's post-ZR as well.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 12:08   Link #1322
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
I'm not saying that there's no room for anything else. I'm saying that I think it's a bad idea to extend the franchise beyond Lelouch, beyond what the original author had in mind. The reason is that the original show would have been just another generic mecha show had Lelouch been replaced by a standard hero (think Gundam/KMF pilot). It's my gut feeling that such a project would not be anywhere near as successful as the original and if they tried to replace Lelouch with a similar character he would still be "that Lelouch-clone".

I don't expect you to agree with me though, I was just stating my opinion.

I see what you're saying and I think you have a valid point. I'm not saying that spin-offs are forbidden. Once again, I'm just stating my opinion. I, personally, could never welcome a new project that includes original characters unless the original author is there to write it. You probably think I'm weird but I find it extremely impolite and... intrusive to take it upon oneself to write something new using someone else's story and characters (edit: unless it's fanfiction of course), to pretend to know how someone else's story would progress and how that someone else's characters would think/act/behave. So, as long as a new project doesn't focus on any of the original main characters I won't hate it by default. Like I said, I too will give it the benefit of the doubt. =)
Well, that happens a lot in this particular industry. Other times it ends up being successful, other times not.
I think i get what you saying, cause if Okouchi/Taniguchi are not there supervising, the original creators, no one else could ever "feel" the charas as their Pygmalion-s above? /lol what a word
I guess i can get that one.

But, original charas appearing once in a while in the new series, might not be as bad as you think. We don;t know million of parameters, like, who is gonna be the new chara, the other protagonists that are gonna be there around them, the setting, the concept blah blah blah. So unless we get that, we should not jump to the gun that fast.

@Loli : Oh duh, of course. The habit of fandom, right.
kaizerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 12:08   Link #1323
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
It looks like some of it may be happening concurrently, but the screenshots obviously indicate that it's post-ZR as well.
But I think (or more like I read somewhere) those screenshots were about the Birthday event (From the PDrama I guess)

Oh well. We'll be fixed in a few days I guess :/ I'm not sure anymore now.

Heh, I understan Meatrose's point of view, but since it seems it will be with new charas, I'm not too worried. If they were going to pull a Tales of Symphonia 2, there, I'd be pissed off. Same charas under others writers command : Worse idea ever -_-. Now if we are catching a glimpse of this one or that one, I think we should be able to avoid important damages.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 12:10   Link #1324
Xander

Quote:
Edit: I think you're right about Sunrise being hellbent on keeping anything related to the franchise on "primetime" time slots btw. ^^
I'm actually doubting that. Code Geass R2's ratings were poor to mediocre. I don't think the sponsors were too happy about it.

The real strength of the franchise are DVD / BD sales. That being the case, I'm willing to bet this new Code Geass Gaiden project will be released on DVD and won't be something that we'll be able to watch on a regular weekly basis. Which is probably for the best, as far as I'm concerned.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 12:11   Link #1325
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
But I think (or more like I read somewhere) those screenshots were about the Birthday event (From the PDrama I guess)

Oh well. We'll be fixed in a few days I guess :/ I'm not sure anymore now.
I think you may be getting the images from the magazine article mixed up with these. I'm pretty sure that this was an insert IN the Kiseki no Birthday DVD that pertains only to the anime. Though I could be wrong. This is just how it's been presented.

Anyone confirm?
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 12:13   Link #1326
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
That being the case, I'm willing to bet this new Code Geass Gaiden project will be released on DVD and won't be something that we'll be able to watch on a regular weekly basis. Which is probably for the best, as far as I'm concerned.
How is releasing something directly to dvd is gonna be better than broadcasting it? Especially, if it is brand new material. And not just added bonus to the original.
Old 2010-04-22, 12:14   Link #1327
Ten-Go

Quote:
I'm actually doubting that. Code Geass R2's ratings were poor to mediocre. I don't think the sponsors were too happy about it.

The real strength of the franchise are DVD / BD sales. That being the case, I'm willing to bet this new Code Geass Gaiden project will be released on DVD and won't be something that we'll be able to watch on a regular weekly basis. Which is probably for the best, as far as I'm concerned.
Go-go geass weekly DVD series =) Sponsors will be happy
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 12:19   Link #1328
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Precisely. And perhaps through means of seeing post-ZR Britannia this dumb fandom will finally come to realize how selfish and tragically blind Lelouch's motives really were. That he's not this selfless martyr. Although, in his own eyes I'm sure he was.
Yes, dumb, stupid fandom that doesn't realize Lelouch always glorified his actions and told himself he was pure and innocent, because you know, it's not like he usually did the exact opposite. Good thing we have you to tell us what the show really was about.

...God, could we please not insult people for having different opinions? Yes? Thank you.
Old 2010-04-22, 12:20   Link #1329
konart

Quote:
I think you may be getting the images from the magazine article mixed up with these. I'm pretty sure that this was an insert IN the Kiseki no Birthday DVD that pertains only to the anime. Though I could be wrong. This is just how it's been presented.

Anyone confirm?
Well, the PD was surely with Lulu & other's vs Chinese, if I'm not mistaken.

The current shots(Kallen+Guren, Kaguya, Nannully, Tianzi and EU mistress etc.) are not from the same PD(once again - it's not that I know for sure )
What is witten near them is about massproduction of Knightmares in Japan and Kallen being a test pilot, the other two - about what had happened right after the R2

It doesn't give us any new info, or anything about what it may be
Old 2010-04-22, 12:23   Link #1330
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Yes, dumb, stupid fandom that doesn't realize Lelouch always glorified his actions and told himself he was pure and innocent, because you know, it's not like he usually did the exact opposite. Good thing we have you to tell us what the show really was about.

...God, could we please not insult people for having different opinions? Yes? Thank you.
The problem with every fandom, and it gets worse in popular fandoms, is that most people think they are absolutely right, won;t even look more than what is being shown in the surface and just start insulting people.
Once you learn to ignore that, you are a winnar. Really.
Old 2010-04-22, 12:23   Link #1331
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerster View Post
How is releasing something directly to dvd is gonna be better than broadcasting it? Especially, if it is brand new material. And not just added bonus to the original.
Well, think about the OVA market. Most of it is made up of brand new material too.

Depending on how the production is supposed to work, one OVA will be released every month or every few months...most of the time the material just goes straight to DVD, though sometimes it will air on TV beforehand but there's no such thing as a weekly schedule.

And yet people can buy that in large numbers, particularly when we're dealing with popular franchises, such as Gundam and, in this case, Code Geass.

I imagine some kind of cable channel will broadcast the new Code Geass project, at most, but I don't expect it to be a weekly production.

I mean, I'd be very doubtful about the new project having more than 6-12 episodes, if that much.
Old 2010-04-22, 12:25   Link #1332
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Well, think about how the OVA market works.

Outside of, say, a special airing every month or series of months, depending on how the production is supposed to work...most of the time the material just goes straight to DVD. And yet people can buy that in large numbers, particularly when we're dealing with popular franchises, such as Gundam and, in this case, Code Geass.

I imagine some random cable channel will broadcast the new Code Geass project, at most, but I don't expect it to be a weekly production.
Wait, cause i might have missed something, are we absolutely sure we are talking about OVA/s? Cause i was under the impression, that we are not even sure what the new material is gonna be about, and in what kind of form.
Old 2010-04-22, 12:25   Link #1333
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Well, that happens a lot in this particular industry. Other times it ends up being successful, other times not.
I think i get what you saying, cause if Okouchi/Taniguchi are not there supervising, the original creators, no one else could ever "feel" the charas as their Pygmalion-s above? /lol what a word
I guess i can get that one.

But, original charas appearing once in a while in the new series, might not be as bad as you think. We don;t know million of parameters, like, who is gonna be the new chara, the other protagonists that are gonna be there around them, the setting, the concept blah blah blah. So unless we get that, we should not jump to the gun that fast.
Oh, I probably should elaborate. I wouldn't go nerd-rage mode ( ) if they were to appear shortly, I just don't want them developed or focused on by a third party writer. I would be directly opposed to anything set post Zero Requiem, yes, but if they were to appear shortly in a side story OVA and if it didn't go against established canon I wouldn't hate it (unless it's actually bad enough to be hated).

Quote:

Oh I definitely think that it was stupid of them to change the time slot, especially since they had to change the second season (a lot) in order to pull that off. I also think that it would have been better had they been able to still cater to the same audience, I think the show suffered greatly from being forced into the new time slot.

And yeah, I agree that it would be best if it was released on DVD and BD without being available weekly via other distribution methods. It seems as if it's an OVA though so hopefully we won't have to worry too much about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Well, the PD was surely with Lulu & other's vs Chinese, if I'm not mistaken.
Yup, but the thing about Guren's arm for example, that the radiation arm had been replaced by a drill and that Kallen was piloting it, was included in the summaries that were posted right after the event last year. That's why I assume the images are related to the PD.

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-04-22 at 12:37.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 12:26   Link #1334
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
The problem with every fandom, and it gets worse in popular fandoms, is that most people think they are absolutely right, won;t even look more than what is being shown in the surface and just start insulting people.
Once you learn to ignore that, you are a winnar. Really.
*sighs* I try, I really do.
But this post at least quenched the urge to hit something. Thanks. xD
Old 2010-04-22, 12:27   Link #1335
Xander

Quote:
Wait, cause i might have missed something, are we absolutely sure we are talking about OVA/s? Cause i was under the impression, that we are not even sure what the new material is gonna be about, and in what kind of form.
We aren't sure, but it's a valid assumption until something tells us otherwise. Keep in mind we haven't even seen the new trailer ourselves.
Old 2010-04-22, 12:28   Link #1336
yvj
U Mad?

So are we a happy fandom?

I can't tell
Old 2010-04-22, 12:32   Link #1337
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Oh, I probably should elaborate. I wouldn't go nerd-rage mode ( ) if they were to appear shortly, I just don't want them developed or focused on by a third party writer. I would be directly opposed to anything set post Zero Requiem, yes, but if they were to appear shortly in a side story OVA and if it didn't go against established canon I wouldn't hate it (unless it's actually bad enough to be hated).
Well, yeah, i think most of the fans appreciated the ending, and would not want, anything big being touched about it, it was really a nice closure and wrapped up things in a good way. (and by BIG i mean, idk, Kallen going for ice-cream with Gino, Cornelia having kids with Guilfordoo and Nunally going for ski-diving etc..)
I meant, mostly a cameo appearance. But i still can;t rule out, a direct involvement of the main charas that stayed until the end of the original, till i see what it is about. But my first choice, is the cameo appearance too. So i think we kind of found a common line, lol.
Old 2010-04-22, 12:41   Link #1338
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
So are we a happy fandom?

I can't tell
We are the Geass fandom.
We are only happy when we can rage.

Yeah, we are happy.

@ About the Pd thing : I don't remember much about the PD but the Kalulu part But if the drill was mentionned, I guess those are part of the PD finally. Maybe the ending or the beginning, or something like that :')
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 12:43   Link #1339
konart

Quote:
We are the Geass fandom.
We are only happy when we can rage.

Yeah, we are happy.

@ About the Pd thing : I don't remember much about the PD but the Kalulu part But if the drill was mentionned, I guess those are part of the PD finally. Maybe the ending or the beginning, or something like that :')
So, was the drill mentionned?)
Old 2010-04-22, 12:48   Link #1340
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
So, was the drill mentionned?)
Yeah, I edited my last post but I'll paste it here for convenience.

Quote:
Yup, but the thing about Guren's arm for example, that the radiation arm had been replaced by a drill and that Kallen was piloting it, was included in the summaries that were posted right after the event last year. That's why I assume the images are related to the PD.

Tags
drama, mecha