AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-29, 03:29   Link #321
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

At least from Avatar_notADV's reports, work is progressing on the technical production side. And the ICv2 article seems to indicate they're seeking to outsource actual reproduction and distribution or partner with someone who will handle that side of it?

Interesting article -- especially the analysis in the conference call by the Funimation CEO about Geneon.

I rather hope that Funimation is able to grab Karin as well and finish that series up.
Old 2008-02-29, 09:08   Link #322
Jimmy C

Someone on another board pointed out that this is very bad in a way. It means Geneon is pretty much writting off their titles. If Nanoha isn't among the titles being sold to Funi, you can kiss it goodbye until Geneon's license expires.
Old 2008-02-29, 12:43   Link #323
Once and Current Subber

If that was the case, they wouldn't have paid me all that money to work on it, now would they? ;p (And they did, too.)
Old 2008-03-27, 11:19   Link #324
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Can someone kindly explain to me why this show is good? It looked rather childish, yet it seems that alot of people are in to it.
Old 2008-03-27, 12:14   Link #325
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Can someone kindly explain to me why this show is good? It looked rather childish, yet it seems that alot of people are in to it.
I recommend watching until Fate's first visit home before dismissing this show as childish
I've always abhorred mahou shoujo, but I love this franchise to bits. It's a bit more self-aware than others of its ilk, and the writing is a cut above the average -with-hidden-powers plot. It really excels in characters and relationships, though.
Old 2008-03-27, 12:22   Link #326
nexist418

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Define childish. You are watching cartoons and reading comic books.
Old 2008-03-27, 15:59   Link #327
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTxfEx68NLg

watch this spoilerish Nanoha AMV and tell me that MSLN is childish and that it doesn't get your blood boiling
Old 2008-03-28, 11:35   Link #328
nuaythebest

Well I got some news, right now someone is doing the dub for Nanoha and Nanoha A's.

http://www.animeondvd.com/forum/show...php?tid/30110/

here is the cast list,never heard any of them except Cristina Vee.

Quote:
Marianne Miller as Yuuno Scrya

Cristina Valenzuela as Nanoha Takamachi

Jennifer Alyx as Fate Testarossa

Julie Rei Goldstein as Precia Testarossa

Kaiji Tang as Shiro Takamachi

Laura Siegel as Noel

Michelle Ann Dunphy as Momoko Takamachi, Farin
Old 2008-03-28, 11:57   Link #329
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
This is going to be one very intriguing dub to listen to! I believe Quarkboy mentioned in the AnimeOnDVD forums that some of them were part of that Voice Acting Alliance forum so they used to do fandubs!
Old 2008-03-28, 12:57   Link #330
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
This is going to be one very intriguing dub to listen to! I believe Quarkboy mentioned in the AnimeOnDVD forums that some of them were part of that Voice Acting Alliance forum so they used to do fandubs!
So... this could actually be very good?
Old 2008-03-29, 18:30   Link #331
Ketchup11
~Mikuness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Someone on another board pointed out that this is very bad in a way. It means Geneon is pretty much writting off their titles. If Nanoha isn't among the titles being sold to Funi, you can kiss it goodbye until Geneon's license expires.
I feel rather confident that Funimation will sell Nanoha. Nanoha has a HUGE fanbase and some fans even wonder what took so long for the series to be licenced. I'm sure it will be sold.
Old 2008-03-30, 05:55   Link #332
nuaythebest

Quote:
I feel rather confident that Funimation will sell Nanoha. Nanoha has a HUGE fanbase and some fans even wonder what took so long for the series to be licenced. I'm sure it will be sold.
Well, Air also has a huge fanbase ,yet ADV said it sell "so-so". Funimation only have an interest in mainstream show, like Black Lagoon or Hell Sing. If this one is going to be sell, it would be done by MB,TSRI.
Old 2008-03-30, 12:18   Link #333
Once and Current Subber

Nanoha doesn't have a huge fan-base. It's impossible for it to have a huge fan-base! It's a magical girl show with, let's be honest, some content that very much borders on the inappropriate. There's plenty of jaded anime fans, to say nothing of normal people, who hit that transformation scene and think "oh, man, I'm just not comfortable watching this show."

But yeah, someone will do it - there's enough production work done on the show that's a sunk cost at this point. ;p
Old 2008-03-30, 12:25   Link #334
nexist418

I bet that some of the fans are huge, 300 pounds or so. My 13, 10, 8 and 6 year olds are all quite comfortable with the content, especially the transformation scenes
Old 2008-03-30, 12:25   Link #335
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

True, the fanbase of Nanoha is nothing like 'huge' (huge should be reserved for mainstream series like Naruto and the like) but let's be honest, when compared to other licenced and released shows like Scrapped Princess or Air Gear, Nanoha's fanbase is higher, or at least beter organised.

Take this forum as an example, we have big threads on the militairy system in Nanoha, the workings of the magic world, a very active fanfiction thread and the OC-thread is the biggest thread on animesuki. :3
Old 2008-03-30, 16:02   Link #336
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

If this is really true and it is getting dubbed than this is nice to hear.
Old 2008-03-30, 21:14   Link #337
Once and Current Subber

It's the usual problem when something has a fairly large fan base in Japan and not much potential over here. The Japanese are expecting hit numbers, and price accordingly, while the US companies know they can't really get that many sales. So long as there's that gap in expectations, it can be very hard to do a deal.

I mean, not that I'd mind at all if the show ended up doing well. Certainly I'd love to be paid to do Strikers too! I just don't think it's all that likely...
Old 2008-03-30, 22:09   Link #338
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Since we got an announcement on the cast for the Dubbing of Nanoha, anyone think we might get an announcement soon enough about when the DVDs will start to go on sale?
Old 2008-03-30, 23:39   Link #339
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup11 View Post
Rozen Maiden has a huge fanbse on Animesuki too. but form what i understand the Rozen Maiden dvds were not selling well. If you look at the number of poster in the Nanoha forum carefully you realize there are maybe a dozen regular poster. it is not huge just very talktive.
Old 2008-03-30, 23:51   Link #340
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Nanoha doesn't have a huge fan-base. It's impossible for it to have a huge fan-base!
I always wonder why people think Nanoha has a big fanbase. It is clear that it doesn't have a big fansbase or it won't. I mean, who would watch a show like this? Mostly hardcore anime fans, who are just niche of the entire audience. Even among these fans, it is not all that popular actually. But most of its fans really love it and support it strongly. Maybe that is why it gives the impression that this show has a big fanbase.