AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-09, 06:09   Link #1001
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I just realized where the author got the name "Vali" from. I've known about him since I was a child when I was in Thailand. Vali is a character from "Ramayana" aka "Rama's Journey", the Hinduism epic about Rama who is the avatar of Vishnu going at war against the demon king of Lanka (Tamils of Sri Lanka, probably, quite a racist epic), Ravana.

Vali is a son to the Hinduism god of war "Indra" who is also the equivalent of "Jade Emperor" in Chinese myth. Vali has ability to halv his opponent's power and absorb that power for himself. There was a time when Ravana who has the greatest strength tried to kidnap Vali's son, only to be beaten like ant by Vali. And became toy for Vali's son for awhile as punishment. He is probably one of the strongest character in the tale who died very early because... Well, you could find out yourself.

His name is spelled "Pali" in Thai and Bali so I didn't realize at first. But his sacred gear's ability bugs me so I just googled it. I can't believe the author would also use Hinduism as his source. I just hope he won't piss me off by making Hinduism gods look like Eldritch Abominations like Persona series always do, since those gods are worshiped in Thailand, and we don't want to be like the Japs who wouldn't hesitate to use Jesus and Mohammed as hentai...

BTW, if there is top ten strongest beings ranking in High School DxD, would Vali be one of it, if so which ranking is he on?
Old 2012-01-09, 06:11   Link #1002
fazri
blacksun king

what the vali can on balance-break mode fore 1 month that crazy.
if i'm not wrong ise max only 2-3 hour everydays
there to big differrent speck between them.
if you think normaly ise won't stand a change fight vali
Old 2012-01-09, 06:18   Link #1003
Kazandu
Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
what the vali can on balance-break mode fore 1 month that crazy.
if i'm not wrong ise max only 2-3 hour everydays
there to big differrent speck between them.
if you think normaly ise won't stand a change fight vali
yeah, but don't forget the fact that Ise got the dragon slayer sword ascalon, so i think he can stand in equal terms against Vali or even get the upper hand.

if master n0m@n can illustrate us about this i will really grateful. :P

Last edited by Kazandu; 2012-01-09 at 13:29.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:19   Link #1004
n0m@n
C-Z

@Kleeyook
Wow nice find! I'm going to search it afterwards and read it.
So Vali is based on an actual myth..... That I never expected.
Vali probably isn't in the Top 10. Yet.

In volume 3, Zenovia states that Vali is about 4th or 5th strongest in the Fallen-angel group. Strongest being Azazel followed by Akeno's father. And Azazel is equal or stronger then Sirzechs, and Vali also states that Sirzechs isn't in the top 10.

But I'm quite positive that Zeus, Hades, and Indra are in the Top 10. Of course Opfus is well.

@fazri
I think that's why Michael gave the sword Ascalon to Ise. But it seems like they both use a different method when using Balance-Breaker. Vali consumes his magic when in Balance-breaker, and Ise consumes his stamina. Vali his enormous magical power because of his background and Ise has basically zero magical powers. That's why Ise's stamina gets consumed when he is in his balance-breaker form.

@Kazandu
In terms of magical power and speed Vali has more advantage. In terms of power and stamina Ise seems to have the upper hand now.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:36   Link #1005
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

But if Vali can halve his opponent's strength and use it for himself, wouldn't he be really powerful against anyone who face him since they'll lose halve of their power immediately? Vali in Ramayana is unrivaled if fight one-on-one. Well, I guess battle is more than just raw power...

BTW, in Ramayana, it's Rama who lead monkey army to fight against Ravana who lead demon (yaksha) army. There are more than one monkey king in that tale including Vali. Yes, Vali is the monkey king as well as his younger brother who is the son of Surya (Son god) and Hanuman (Rama's best soldier).
Old 2012-01-09, 06:43   Link #1006
SvNto7

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
@holybell84
Lol. I know how you feel after looking at that picture.

@SvNto7
Akeno and Ise ran away from the "stalkers" and the stalkers lost track of them. They accidentally went inside the love hotel district and Akeno said "............it's okay if it's Ise.........".
Unfortunately Rias didn't know they were to the love hotel district but she seemed quite pissed afterwords because the two of them ran away from them.

If the "King" indeed does exist then I can't imagine how powerful it would be. Unfortunately Ise hasn't fully perfected his "Queen" form yet so he has to master using the "Queen" first. By the way each new-form is based on certain mecha. "Rook" is based on Big-O. "Bishop" is based on Gundam Double X. "Knight" is based on Wildwurger and Kamen Rider Kabuto. "Queen" is based on Freedom Gundam.

Greek God? It has already appeared. Poseidon appeared in one of the short-stories in the Dragon magazine, but it hasn't been put into a novel yet. In volume 10 Poseidon reappears again alongside Zeus. Hades also appears and Hades hates devils and such. In the volume 11 preview there is a quote by Hades where he is making a comment about how devils and angels should perish so he might appear next volume. Maybe the next God to be an enemy perhaps?
Aw my guess is right, seems like then there will be God of Egypt as well, it is Ra Obelisk and Anubis. Also dont forget Japanese God like Amaterasu.

My other intuition also said Ise will get an interaction with the "Great Red", maybe then he will have same power with Ophus if Ophus is the final boss. After all Great Red and Ophus all called DxD right and these novel is High School DxD

Oh Ise hasn't perfected the Queen mode yet? And it is based from Freedom? Then maybe King mode will be like 00 Raiser lol.

Oh yeah i don't know if Juggernaut can be used as same time with that Illegal Tirana if it can be used together...then maybe the gap with Vali will be nil ?
Old 2012-01-09, 06:46   Link #1007
n0m@n
C-Z

@Kleeyook
Yes. But similar to Ise's Boosted Gear, there's also a limit for Vali's Divine Dividing. Vali is always in his strongest form because he takes in half of the opponents power. Ise used his Boosted Gear Gift on Vali which screwed up Vali's Divine Dividing for a moment.

And the monkey king's descendant, Son Goku (Monkey King), is in Vali's group. So the author is definitely using the myth you mentioned.

@SvNto7
In this novel anything is possible and they introduce new myths and legends every time.

King mode. I personally wish it would look like Zweizergain from SRW. Except its Red.

The "Queen" mode is the opposite of "Juggernaut-Drive". Juggernaut uses up the possesors life is an energy source. Vali can control it for a while without using his lifespan with his magical powers. Ise lost 99% of his lifespan when he went to Juggernaut-drive in volume 6. Thats why Azazel suggested to Ise to master his Boosted Gear from a different perspective. That's why Ise(from the help of others) gained access to Trianina and Crimson-Promotion(Queen). So Ise won't use Juggernaut drive anymore.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:51   Link #1008
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvNto7 View Post
Aw my guess is right, seems like then there will be God of Egypt as well, it is Ra Obelisk and Anubis. Also dont forget Japanese God like Amaterasu.

My other intuition also said Ise will get an interaction with the "Great Red", maybe then he will have same power with Ophus if Ophus is the final boss. After all Great Red and Ophus all called DxD right and these novel is High School DxD

Oh Ise hasn't perfected the Queen mode yet? And it is based from Freedom? Then maybe King mode will be like 00 Raiser lol.

Oh yeah i don't know if Juggernaut can be used as same time with that Illegal Tirana if it can be used together...then maybe the gap with Vali will be nil ?
I wish the Japs will only stick with their own gods, Norse gods and Greek gods. Since Norse and Greek gods are depicted to be mass murderers who slaughter and curse people for no good reasons anyway (hell, Hades is the nicest god around whose job is only to be the god of the underworld, not even death, but he's the most hated god while they worship jerkass like Ares and Zeus. Loki is also quite friendly to human and won't do anything to them unless they piss him off while Asgard gods view human as disposable goods and have everyone else (all kind of giants, trolls, etc.) as enemies... But well, most tales are bias anyway. I just simply hate the attitude of Japs who love using gods as the villains with hideous looks, approaching grey and grey morality, just for fan service or their gothic culture (which can be found only in Japan, instead of Europe).

Come to think of it, it's not like Hindu gods are saints anyway, most of them are selfish to betray the nagas when creating the liquid of immortality to keep imortality to themselves anyway, Sheva is the supreme god who always bring trouble to everyone with Vishnu having to fix it, but I can't stand seeing Brahman look like a monster in Persona as well as Sheva being 2 female gestalts for Snow in FFXIII.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:54   Link #1009
dannclark

Quote:
Yes. But similar to Ise's Boosted Gear, there's also a limit for Vali's Divine Dividing. Vali is always in his strongest form because he takes in half of the opponents power. Ise used his Boosted Gear Gift on Vali which screwed up Vali's Divine Dividing for a moment.

And the monkey king's descendant, Son Goku (Monkey King), is in Vali's group. So the author is defintely using the myth you mentioned.
Well yeah if divine divide halves it cant "gift just double it again? I can see why these two dragons were rivals their powers are polar opposites.

How many people are in the chaos brigade (if thats vali's team?) do they hold rank (pawn, rook, knight queen etc) or their just a bunch of individualists? if so what rank does vali hold? and is nanekos sister a member of their faction?
Old 2012-01-09, 06:56   Link #1010
dannclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I wish the Japs will only stick with their own gods, Norse gods and Greek gods. Since Norse and Greek gods are depicted to be mass murderers who slaughter and curse people for no good reasons anyway (hell, Hades is the nicest god around whose job is only to be the god of the underworld, not even death, but he's the most hated god while they worship jerkass like Ares and Zeus. Loki is also quite friendly to human and won't do anything to them unless they piss him off while Asgard gods view human as disposable goods and have everyone else (all kind of giants, trolls, etc.) as enemies...
All religion is evil IMO its the number 1 starter of war worldwide.
Old 2012-01-09, 06:58   Link #1011
Tom1

Do the Gods from mytologies like norse,athens,etc join in the alliance of angel-fallen angel-devil?
Who is better orpeus or great red?

I'm sorry if my english is suck,i'm still learning
Old 2012-01-09, 07:05   Link #1012
Bear Killer
Useless Old Man

Everyone worried about their English. Let me explain something. I live in the Southeastern United States. And most of you guys speak English much better than some Americans. Believe me. XD

If the writer is willing to tap into every major religion then he will have the potential to create several different types of characters, creatures, and enemies. I like the possibilities.

Also, I'm looking forward to Volume 11 now that Ise and Rias are dating. I can't help but wonder if they'll go on a date or finally do something about that pesky virginity of hers. :3
Old 2012-01-09, 07:16   Link #1013
n0m@n
C-Z

@Kleeyook
Unfortunately they make Hades and Loki look like evil Gods, while making Zeus, Poseidon and Loki good. Sakra, also known is Indara, seems like an antagonist is well since he knows CaoCao, True-Longinus possessor, for a long time and kept it a secret from others.

@dannclark
I'm not sure how many people they are but there are at least 4 factions in the Chaos Brigade that I know of.
1.) Vali's Team. Consists of Vali, Bikou (Son Goku's decendant), Kuroka(Koneko's sister), Arthur Pendragon(King Arthur's descendant), Luffy(Arthur's sister), Fenrir and Gogmagog.

2.) The old-Satan faction. Descendant's of the old Satan's and their servants.

3.) Hero Faction. They are all human but majority can use Balance-Breaker. The leader is CaoCao.

4.) The magician faction. Appeared in short stories.

@Tom1
They are trying to form alliance. Norse has made alliance with the devil/angel/fallen-angel. Greek not sure yet.

It's said that Opfus and Great Red are the strongest dragons. And Opfus is said to be the strongest. But Opfus became the boss of Chaos Brigade to take the world Great Red lives in indicating that he can't do that by himself. Also Vali said that he wants to fight the Great Red the most. So at this point I'm not actually sure yet.

@Bear Killer
Apparently Ise and Rias are a couple which makes the people around them blush. Stated by Azazel in end of volume 10.
Old 2012-01-09, 07:25   Link #1014
SvNto7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1 View Post
Do the Gods from mytologies like norse,athens,etc join in the alliance of angel-fallen angel-devil?
Who is better orpeus or great red?

I'm sorry if my english is suck,i'm still learning
Well AFAIK, Odin is joined the alliance? and from n0m@n spoiler it seems hades is not interested in alliance even want to purify the angel and devil.

About two great dragons, it said that orpeus want to live in a space and that space is occupied by great red that means they actually have same power but when orpeus is stated the strongest in the novel then that means great red maybe slightly lower but if two exchange blow it will be dreadful. (so that means great red is number 2 strongest)

Aw n0m@n is post before me > . <

@n0m@n: About goddess oppai, can you spoil me about when Ise met her messenger, i think this goddess will be a key to evolve Ise skill further.

It seems that almost entire occult club is moving to Ise's home, how about Kiba is he moving in as well?

I'm imagining how big Ise bedroom and bathroom as all girl wanna sleep and bath with him, well maybe he can open a onsen at his home? lol and have a super royal size of bed.
Old 2012-01-09, 07:26   Link #1015
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Ouroboros is the being from Hinduism btw. We now have at least 2 beings from Hinduism. Jade Emperor is also a Chinese version of Indra (Jade Emperor is usually depicted as non-action guy while Indra is the god of war, but they both is the same god). Unlike most cultures, Chinese and Hindu tales usually have human and other beings who can wage a war against an entire army of gods, and should have won if not for some DeusExMachina. The Garuda King simply beat an entire army of gods like ants, then fight against Indra with no trouble, even Vishnu, the supreme god of Hindu couldn't settle a score with him, he won Garuda over by negotiation. Then there are a few yakshas and demon kings, who one of them would come out of hell to destroy the world for fun once in a while, only to be challenged by an entire army of gods and allied with full arsenal, against an enemy. In Hindu, gods can be compared to angels, while yakshas (primary enemies to gods) can be compared to fallen-angels since yakshas originated from gods who fell. Nagas who exist in the underworld (underwater) can be compared to demons. And the situation is a bit different that the gods don't really give a damn about yakshas and nagas, but yakshas and nagas hold a grudge against gods, since gods kicked yakshas out of the heaven and gods lured nagas and yakshas to help them create immortality liquid and betrayed them to keep those for themselves. BTW, there has never been a major war between the 3 factions and the king of all nagas is the faithful companion/friend/servant to Vishnu, while some yakshas are really nice people. If it's something like war, it's more like a really powerful being just got bored and want to do something cool like beating up gods, sink the whole world, trying to kill all beings etc. which they usually succeeded until Vishnu came to kick their ass. There are *normal* humans (usually hermits, or yogis) who are too powerful that the reason why they never wage war against gods like demons are because they just want to live in peace. No one actually dare to piss them though, and there are countless of them just like the stars in the sky...
Old 2012-01-09, 07:37   Link #1016
n0m@n
C-Z

@SvNto7
Ise talks to her in volume 7 during the fight with Loki. She appeared inside Akeno's breast.

Kiba and Gasper lives in a apartment nearby. Girls only lol.

Well they indeed have a big bath, sauna and indoor pool. After Ise's house get renovated, it has up to 6th floor, and has 3 floors down the basement. That's 9 floors all together.

@Kleeyook
So much stuff that I didnt know about...... I definitely have to research about them.
Old 2012-01-09, 07:44   Link #1017
Bear Killer
Useless Old Man

Sounds like Ise is already on his way to being Harem King if he has so many beautiful women living in his house. Does he share a bed with anyone besides Asia and Rias though?
Old 2012-01-09, 07:47   Link #1018
n0m@n
C-Z

Well Akeno and Koneko sneaks on sometimes.
Old 2012-01-09, 07:47   Link #1019
SvNto7

Quote:
@SvNto7
Ise talks to her in volume 7 during the fight with Loki. She appeared inside Akeno's breast.

Kiba and Gasper lives in a apartment nearby. Girls only lol.

Well they indeed have a big bath, sauna and indoor pool. After Ise's house get renovated, it has up to 6th floor, and has 3 floors down the basement. That's 9 floors all together.

@Kleeyook
So much stuff that I didnt know about...... I definitely have to research about them.
Ahahaha, girls only well it's Ise we talked about.

Aw it is not a home anymore then...more like a palace...errr wait if his home get renovated where they live at time his home renovated, of course the renovation will be fast but it seems it will take at least 1 day right...

It will be wonderful if two old friend of Ise coming to his home and see that many girls gathering, they will be pissed i think and want to asassinate Ise lol.

This pic:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...dxd_v5_223.jpg

It is the 1st time Ise will touch Rias nipple? From my perspective they are in party...why Ise want powered up?

And when ise going to Kyoto, Rias is staying at home right? For what reason? I think Rias doesn't want to leave Ise even a little bit because there are may fierce rival...and are other member of occult club know that Koneko like Ise too?
Old 2012-01-09, 07:48   Link #1020
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Yeah, the main difference between Judaism, Christianity, Islam compared to Hinduism and Buddhism is reincarnation. Almost every beings in the world of Hinduism will die, then rebirth except a few like Anata Naga, the naga king who will exist for eternity (he must be really bored). The most important being in the world is human imo, since only human can reach nirvana (out of the reincarnation loop), something that even gods can't do. And every beings can be reincarnated into another being in the next life depend on their karma. If it's RPG then human is a novice/base character before we select class...

And like in High School DxD, there are powerful humans who can fight on par with god army. Although all human in Bible wouldn't stand a chance against lesser demon or angel.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, devil, ecchi, fetish, harem, nudity, oppai, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural