AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-28, 17:58   Link #1181
Who

Spoiler for Extreme Makeover: Thedas Edition:
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 22:55   Link #1182
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

HAhahaha! OH god I was Sooo thinking of this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Spoiler for THAT LEGENDARY DUEL as a mage:
jeez does everyone use that hawke face now? ....

and that is so true too XD
Old 2011-03-30, 18:01   Link #1183
killer3000ad

Another gem that is so true.
Old 2011-03-31, 06:15   Link #1184
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
>run Utorrent with 1 torrent active
>play DA2
>sudden frame drop, freezes and glitches all over the place
>turn off Utorrent
>play DA2
>everything runs smooth
>run any other game, including ME2 with Utorrent active with over 6 other torrents
>everything works fine

Something I am quite confused about :/
Also doing my second playthrough, going to get Fernis and Anders to fight. Even though I do not want to I am going for gay Hawke/Anders this time and chose the mage side while choosing all the joke options for speech. Enjoying it so far, but not yet at the Deep Roads. I hate all those "fetch me this, fetch me that" quests, when you think you're done all of the sudden you get more mail and have to go to the same location all over again :/

I might not even finish because I want to test Sims Medieval out
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 06:57   Link #1185
Irkalla
I asked for this

I've just started my third playthrough yesterday, going all out on mods. I love this Flemeth hair mod so much, makes my hawkette look really badass. Btw, does anybody else hate these "shelves" on the armour, or whatever you would call that, they are so unnecessary >.<
Old 2011-04-01, 12:29   Link #1186
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Okay what?
Offended Gay Gamer Wants Dragon Age 2 Writer Fired

I suspect this "Gay Gamer" is a troll since he doesn't understand about the Friendship/Rivalry system in DA2. He complains that he's getting rivalry points for not hitting on the male characters(Fenris, Anders) advances when in reality, maybe he's just getting rivalry points because he does things that Fenris/Anders doesn't like (eg.Helping mages which Fenris doesn't like/Helping Templars which Anders does not like).

Hopefully, nobody takes this petition seriously.
Old 2011-04-01, 12:56   Link #1187
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

There were a few hundred signatures, last time I checked. Thankfully, most people do not take internet petitions seriously. Only, in this case, they should and this dumb@ss should be held accountable for his ill-thought remarks.

On a happier note, I FINALLY started playing this on the PS3. Other than the lack of auto-attack, I find the controller much easier than the mouse/keyboard combo. It's like the game was actually thought out that way - at least the combat parts. Graphics-wise, I didn't see all that much difference between the PC version on High Direct X 11 settings (sure, the textures are lower and all, but...) and I prefer sitting on the couch than at the table... going for a snarky mage Hawkette, this time.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 22:39   Link #1188
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
There is ONE solitary dialogue option where not flirting with Anders as a male Hawke will give rivalry points. But you know, I don't get it. I've known people who got offended by being turned down, both men and women. It makes sense, really!

If you shoot down someone, they feel hurt!

I think DA2's biggest problem is that it strays too close to reality for most fantasy RPG fanboys.
Old 2011-04-02, 06:02   Link #1189
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

People want dating sims, where they can hit on 20 people in a row without getting into trouble.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 09:40   Link #1190
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
There is ONE solitary dialogue option where not flirting with Anders as a male Hawke will give rivalry points.
What surprises me most is that I never got this option even playing as a gay guy (romancing Fenris) and being super-mega-friendly with Anders. It's such a mystery for me... Maybe the fact that my Hawke never ever flirted with Anders before that moment prevents it?
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 09:57   Link #1191
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
People want dating sims, where they can hit on 20 people in a row without getting into trouble.
yea thtats one thing i wanted, I want trouble if im romancing someone and some diffrent person is flirting with me or I am.
Old 2011-04-02, 10:55   Link #1192
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Okay what?
Offended Gay Gamer Wants Dragon Age 2 Writer Fired

I suspect this "Gay Gamer" is a troll since he doesn't understand about the Friendship/Rivalry system in DA2. He complains that he's getting rivalry points for not hitting on the male characters(Fenris, Anders) advances when in reality, maybe he's just getting rivalry points because he does things that Fenris/Anders doesn't like (eg.Helping mages which Fenris doesn't like/Helping Templars which Anders does not like).

Hopefully, nobody takes this petition seriously.
*facepalm*

Definitely a troll.
Old 2011-04-02, 15:59   Link #1193
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...dragon-age-ii/
A good read.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 16:04   Link #1194
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
What surprises me most is that I never got this option even playing as a gay guy (romancing Fenris) and being super-mega-friendly with Anders. It's such a mystery for me... Maybe the fact that my Hawke never ever flirted with Anders before that moment prevents it?
Even though I play a female Hawke, none of my companions ever got flirty with me UNTIL I INITIATED. They became playful only after I chose one of the "heart" options...

... which doesn't always mean they'll actually like you back, either. You can flirt crazy hard with Aveline during The Long Road in Act II... but since she's pursuing Donnic, it does no good.

Also, romancing Fenris, awesome. Fenris is damn sexy for a man-thing!

Edit: This comment from that analysis is interesting...

Quote:
Recycled dungeons much?’

Recycled locations maybe, but certainly not recycled missions.

Sure unfortunate, but game development in this day and age of multi-platform releases has to accommodate the limitations of the weakest link in the chain and that’s the 360 at present. Developers have no guarantee of a hard drive to install game files to, and going beyond the standard 1 DVD for a game size means they fall foul of Microsofts hefty multi-disc licensing charges.
Well, that explains the recycled dungeons.

Can consoles just go die in a fire somewhere so PC gamers stop getting shafted?

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2011-04-02 at 16:24.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 16:08   Link #1195
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ haha glad im not the only fenris fan, hes one of my main group party members.
Old 2011-04-02, 16:30   Link #1196
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Fenris was my primary non-boss tank, with Aveline being switched in for that whenever necessary. Even when playing Warrior, I often let Fenris tank, because his unique talent tree gives him good aggro-holding and defensive abilities.

Late in the game Merrill usually ended up inadvertently tanking, thanks to all her aoe-spam. But by that time she had almost 300 HP so it wasn't a big deal.
Old 2011-04-02, 16:34   Link #1197
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i always had him in my party as DPS/tank when i was a mage, i wanted to hear his responces to stuff with my mage.
Old 2011-04-02, 17:51   Link #1198
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

If you have at least 50% friendly with him, he'll even fight with the mages it you specifically ask him to.
Old 2011-04-02, 18:29   Link #1199
Irkalla
I asked for this

I always make Fenris my main tank, just can't go anywhere without the broody elf. It's those damn puppy eyes + Gideon Emery voice , they cave me in everytime. He works just fine on nightmare, boss or not, since I usually have 2 mages and one rogue that keep mobs immobilized almost the whole time. I'm playing a force mage on my current playthrough, killer skills for crowd control, might just be my fav mage specialization. Blood magic is not really worth the trouble -_-
Old 2011-04-02, 19:24   Link #1200
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Oh, I always keep Fenris and Anders in my party for both usability and party banter. They make a great team in all meanings of the word. The rogue position was usually filled with either Varric or Isabela (in those cases when Hawke was not a rogue herself). With rogue Hawke I usually added Merrill to the third party slot.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360