AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-31, 22:05   Link #461
Proudleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yeah, I too thought it was weird since this episode was released on Tuesday.

That girl looked like Nazuna to me too. She looks like she's in a lab rather than a true hospital room. Maybe someone is hiding her from the military.
I'm almost positive that was Nazuna. Also, I think the entire scene suggests that she died shortly after Haru saw her mumbling about Xam'd in her sleep. The whole transition from that scene to the discussion afterwards suggests that she did in fact die, and probably shortly after Haru walked past her doorway that night.

Of course I could be wrong, as it didn't explicitly go into how she died, but I think all signs point to it (how could she honestly have survived very much longer after that explosion anyways?).

Anyways, is anyone else in love with the opening sequence? I also really like the ending sequence as well.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 01:11   Link #462
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Was I the only one who thought "Oh, hey, Shadow of the Colossus" during episode 3? 8)

PS: So, what's the spoiler etiquette here? I see everyone using spoiler tags, but personally, I can't be bothered with that. Not to mention the fact that this series is insta-subtitled, so if you haven't watched it yet, it's your own business. No?
I think it has more to do with those of us who can't watch it immediately, since either we don't have the PS3 and/or we don't live in the US. Episode might have came out tuesday for those who has a PS3 and lives in the states, but for the rest of the world, it comes a bit later (this thursday IIRC for me). So while TECHNICALLY it is instasubbed, accessing it is a whole different story. XD

As for me, I'll avoid the thread starting monday evening just to avoid spoilers altogether.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 03:16   Link #463
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudleaf View Post
I'm almost positive that was Nazuna. Also, I think the entire scene suggests that she died shortly after Haru saw her mumbling about Xam'd in her sleep. The whole transition from that scene to the discussion afterwards suggests that she did in fact die, and probably shortly after Haru walked past her doorway that night.
Nazuna is listed in the ending credits of episode 3 and there is no other voice actress credited for nameless roles, so I'd say we can be sure that it was her
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 04:19   Link #464
duckroll
綺羅星★!

As far as spoilers go, I think it'll be fair to use spoiler tags for the latest episode out right now, and drop spoiler tags when discussing any episode older than the most recent one. Even for someone that rents it off PSN weekly, sometimes we might not watch it immediately since it's a rental, especially if friends are coming over to watch too. Just like stuff airing on TV, sometimes you TIVO it to watch later. Since it's an ongoing series, there will still be people that want to continue to discuss previous eps or discussions about various elements of the show (after all this is the only thread for the series) and might not have caught the latest ep yet. What do you guys think?

Edit: The official site has updated their awesome Sakuga section again: http://www.xamd.jp/special/sakuga.html

If you click on the 3rd button (the new one) and wait for it to load, it allows you to toggle between ALL the various elements and creation process stages leading up to that magazine spread art piece. Really impressive and interesting, especially for art fans.

Last edited by duckroll; 2008-08-01 at 04:33.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 06:19   Link #465
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Was I the only one who thought "Oh, hey, Shadow of the Colossus" during episode 3? 8)
Me and duckroll mentioned that before. :3

Quote:
PS: So, what's the spoiler etiquette here? I see everyone using spoiler tags, but personally, I can't be bothered with that. Not to mention the fact that this series is insta-subtitled, so if you haven't watched it yet, it's your own business. No?
Just like duckroll previously said, it's for the people who don't watch the latest episode straight away. If we get a "it doesn't matter" from the mods then i won't use spoiler tags, though i don't wanna be unfair on the people who have to wait a few days to watch the latest episodes.

But yeah it can be pretty annoying with spoiler tags all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
If you click on the 3rd button (the new one) and wait for it to load, it allows you to toggle between ALL the various elements and creation process stages leading up to that magazine spread art piece. Really impressive and interesting, especially for art fans.
That's such a wonderful feature. I'm a huge art fan myself, though i'm sure even none art fans can be impressed. Really hope the official site keeps updating these.
Old 2008-08-01, 07:01   Link #466
terrus

Quote:
I found that intersting as well, it was about this time last week that the Special section was updated as well wasn't it? So perhaps they'll add stuff every friday like concept art (provided that new major characters, humanforms and mecha are introduced)
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 07:58   Link #467
ingandeul
What is Apple?

Watched Episodes 1-3 last night. I am a fan of E7 so I recognized the art right away and since I'm reading DeadmanWonderland, I thought I'd give this series a shot. So far, it's been a trip. Love the visuals and the story, to me, seems far more fluid than E7 was at this point. Not to mention, Akiyuki is more interesting to watch than Renton. I'm guessing Nakiama is the Eureka counterpart? Though I like Haru more.

Disappointed in SQE.

Last edited by ingandeul; 2008-08-01 at 17:19.
ingandeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 11:15   Link #468
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
OK, that makes sense. I think hiding the latest episode discussion out of courtesy is easily enough accomplished.

Spoiler for stuff:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 13:16   Link #469
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler for stuff:
Spoiler for Nazuna/Episode 03:

Quote:
Spoiler for stuff:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-08-01 at 15:46.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 13:32   Link #470
terrus

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2008-08-01, 13:33   Link #471
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Commander Toshiro Kakisu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Spoiler for Ranks:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 13:35   Link #472
terrus

Apparently episode 4 is out on the psn can someone confirm this?

EDIT:Sorry false alarm

Last edited by terrus; 2008-08-01 at 14:19.
Old 2008-08-01, 15:30   Link #473
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Edit: The official site has updated their awesome Sakuga section again: http://www.xamd.jp/special/sakuga.html

Direct Link to SWF: http://www.xamd.jp/special/hanken080730.swf
Flash Player Standalone (for viewing offline): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wyd6a82brnt
Extracted Images from above SWF: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?9piwrs7ook2

Spoiler for the completed image 1200×864:
Old 2008-08-01, 15:49   Link #474
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Spoiler for the completed image 1200×864:
I've been waiting for someone to do this. That's an instant wallpaper for me --- thanks a lot.
Old 2008-08-02, 10:03   Link #475
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
OK, that makes sense. I think hiding the latest episode discussion out of courtesy is easily enough accomplished.
I thought that the courtesy "rule" was 48 hours. Besides, fansubs are downloaded at any point and other threads don't have tags as long as this one does. Those without PS3s or live in other countries had access a lot sooner than you guys realize.
Old 2008-08-02, 10:15   Link #476
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

again sorry for my noobness but was there a amanga of this also really is this really new as in no manga no novel as in a really new out of the blue anime???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 10:16   Link #477
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
again sorry for my noobness but was there a amanga of this also really is this really new as in no manga no novel as in a really new out of the blue anime???
It's new new new.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 11:26   Link #478
Asane
Lelouch follower

That's weird. If I remember correctly the footwear Nakiami wears are slippers, not shoes and so her toes can be seen, but in that "wallpaper" it isn't. Weird...
Asane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 16:26   Link #479
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asane View Post
That's weird. If I remember correctly the footwear Nakiami wears are slippers, not shoes and so her toes can be seen, but in that "wallpaper" it isn't. Weird...
I don't think that it as weird. If you're entering a combat zone, traditional footwear with toes out isn't an option. Looks like that little detail got changed in the final version. Good pickup.
Old 2008-08-04, 07:54   Link #480
Joki
Helsinki

Haven't been excited about an anime in a long time. I'm really hoping this has the same mystery and intellect unfolding as Ergo Proxy did.

Looks like we have the Bones staples, though, which is one of the things I really like about them:

Strong women (often stronger then the male characters)
Lost love regained (father and mother)
Love as the redeeming factor (Haru "saving" Akiyuki and in charge of his soul)
The middle journey to reach a climax of some sorts
Large range of supporting characters, including kids

Some plot ideas (up to episode 3, anyway) -

Haru probably won't factor too much in scenes with Akiyuki if the theme is similar to Bones - where the couple spend most of the series apart and then come together near the end. But clearly Haru will be Akiyuki's link to sanity and self (as Nakiami and Nazuna suggest) so she is in charge of keeping his soul intact and not being taken over by the stone. Nakiami suggests that she would have killed Akiyuki outright otherwise.

Nakiami sounds like an enforcer type of character - someone who neutralizes the biological weapons. Likely she would have turned both Akiyuki and the humanform weapon to stone with her staff had Haru not been there to 'hear' Akiyuki and keep him from becoming totally mindless.

Looks like Xam'd is a religion and not a culture. I don't think we've seen any of the Northern Government characters yet. The markings on the face are likely the outward manifestation of the Ruikonist religion that has the Xam'd as their god or ideal state.

It's likely important that Nazuna gave her name and we'll see her again. And also that the bus bombing was supposed to happen on the bus. She waits until most of the kids are off the bus before she stabs her satchel and causes the explosion (in the same way that the humanform human stabs his yellow goo inside of the humanform womb thing). I get the impression that the Xam'd egg inside of her was supposed to emerge from the explosion but something went wrong. The old woman at the beginning (the ruikonist religion leader?) took great pains to wrap the egg up in a condom-like structure for transportation in the stomach (Nazuna, you drug runner, you). Chance saw a strand attach to Akiyuki but I bet Nazuna was supposed to be the recipient. Nakiami seemed surprised that the second Xam'd (Akiyuki) was a male.

Perhaps the blue stone in the Xam'd is what does the physical transformation (notice that Nakiami touched it to get Akiyuki to transform back) and the red stone that Nazuna implanted in Akiyiku is the memories/thoughts of the Xam'd. It's interesting that the stone in the Xam'd's visor is red until Nakiami taps it and then it turns blue and he goes back to human form. I guess blue is dormant and red is active?

Looks like the transformation to a Xam'd is better suited to females and that's why Nazuna was orginally sent? And perhaps that's why Nakiami put Haru in charge of Akiyuki's soul?

Nakiami does the same twisting with her staff when Akiyuki transforms back in EP 2 that the old woman does with the egg in the beginning of episode 1. Just in opposite directions, I believe. Perhaps religious significance as in a tea ceremony?

I question if the Xam'd was sent there to fight the humanforms or the humanforms were sent there because the Northern Government somehow knew a Xam'd would appear there and they wanted it destroyed.

I bet Nakiami and Raigyo are the pairing to watch and that Nakiami won't get a thing for Akiyuki. In Bones tradition, I wouldn't be surprised if Raigyo left Nakiami and the ship because he was afraid he was becoming a danger to them.

Should be interesting to watch the oranges metaphor for Akiyuki's parents' relationship. It shows up throughout the scenes with the father or mother.

"Hiruko" I assume is the yellow stuff that creates the Xam'd from a person/animal?

Looks like the humanforms come from pods in which the human stays after the humanform goes out and wreaks destruction. When the humanform dies, the human kills themselves/self destructs?

The lights on the ships in episode one are doing morse code - it was the way that vessels used to communicate with each other when out to sea (long before radio communication became dependable or usable).

Haru's father is also a doctor and works at the official clinic. That's why she saw Nazuna in there. I don't think it was a dream sequence.

Last edited by Joki; 2008-08-05 at 06:40.
Joki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones