AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-05-11, 23:05   Link #161
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Looking forward to the Triangulum arc but does progress from the original arc carry over? Kinda suck if it didn't since that was my original goal.
Yep, it works the same way like NG+ if you beat the main story already. You need to spend some points though if you want to transfer everything

Quote:
The Thursday is really the climax. Outshining even the last two days.
The one with Arcturus? Yeah that was awesome. In each passing day I feel like things got more dire than yesterday and I can kind of understand the despair everyone felt in Arcturus fight
Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 22:23   Link #162
JohnNiles

Forgot about this thread. I'm working my way through the last day of the original campaign, been taking my sweet time fusing demons. I've been suffering arm strain, so it's been slow going. I've been using a FAQ to get the fate links up... I'd never figure it out otherwise.

I also tried a bit of the new Triangulum campaign, but stopped and went back to finish up the original. It was kind of repetitive, so I'm hoping it really takes off after you reunite with everyone.

I hadn't planned on doing the original campaign more than once, but I forgot about the unlockable demons. I want my Alice.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 22:29   Link #163
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
Forgot about this thread. I'm working my way through the last day of the original campaign, been taking my sweet time fusing demons. I've been suffering arm strain, so it's been slow going. I've been using a FAQ to get the fate links up... I'd never figure it out otherwise.

I also tried a bit of the new Triangulum campaign, but stopped and went back to finish up the original. It was kind of repetitive, so I'm hoping it really takes off after you reunite with everyone.

I hadn't planned on doing the original campaign more than once, but I forgot about the unlockable demons. I want my Alice.
You also need Black Frost to fuse a new demon in the Tri arc.
Nebiros also became a requirement to fuse Satan.

All in all, Septen arc has to be done twice to get all the goodies.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 22:35   Link #164
JohnNiles

Wait, what? I thought the two arcs were completely independent with respect to save data.

Not that I object to doing the Septentrione route a second time, but I still need to figure out which demons to carry over, and how to squeeze out as many NG+ points as possible. I just want to blast through the game on subsequent runs. I'm also on edge because I have no idea which route to redo. I'd never done Daichi's routes until Record Breaker... I did the more extreme endings on the original game. So I'm doing Daichi's harder-to-get route, and by extension, I'll be leaving some fate links undone next time around. ;_;
Old 2015-05-14, 00:05   Link #165
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Wait, what? I thought the two arcs were completely independent with respect to save data.

Not that I object to doing the Septentrione route a second time, but I still need to figure out which demons to carry over, and how to squeeze out as many NG+ points as possible. I just want to blast through the game on subsequent runs. I'm also on edge because I have no idea which route to redo. I'd never done Daichi's routes until Record Breaker... I did the more extreme endings on the original game. So I'm doing Daichi's harder-to-get route, and by extension, I'll be leaving some fate links undone next time around. ;_;
Get one demon with pierce, multi-strike and holy dance and just transfer that demon for the 2nd playthrough. You'll be killing everything just with that especially if you're doing Sept arc. Trianglum arc would be a bit harder though since most bosses have gimmicks that forces you to utilize more skills other than that.

Daichi restorer route also yields the highest point so I'd suggest you to do that

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 02:54   Link #166
JohnNiles

I did the Liberator ending and wound up with 380 points. Actually, I had intended to grind a bit and fuse some more demons to fill out the compendium, but I started up the boss fight to view the dialogue, then lost patience and bum rushed it. I had a sub-optimal setup, including a Norn without its healing skill, a random Ganesha that turned out to be critical, only one Tyrant, and I didn't get around to fusing some of the Uniques under level 64).

I don't feel like re-doing that boss fight, so I think I'll keep what I have. I don't have a mixed setup demon, but I can take 4 demons and get most of the useful stuff, giving up on a measly 100k macca. As long as I carry over the compendium, I should earn enough to get the rest of my demons back in short order.

That ending, though. I was not expecting that.

I played through the original DS 2 three times, so I don't think I have the patience for more than a second go-around. I kinda wanted a complete compendium, but that would require taking a certain route since there was a character whose fate I didn't maximize.

So it's true... the save data can carry over to either arc. I don't think I'll be carrying it over to the Triangulum arc... that would feel weird. Or will I be eating my words, I wonder?
Old 2015-05-14, 03:53   Link #167
Tormenk

Now I'm considering my choices. Experience the new arc fresh or curbstomp through it with buffs from NG+? Is the new arc another 7 days in all?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 10:40   Link #168
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Tri arc has only 5 or is it 6 days?
I highly recommend doing the new arc fresh, just to experience the despair you'll face on Thursday.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 11:10   Link #169
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I played through the original DS 2 three times, so I don't think I have the patience for more than a second go-around. I kinda wanted a complete compendium, but that would require taking a certain route since there was a character whose fate I didn't maximize.
It's actually possible to get to the Restorer route without having to maximize everyone's Fate.

For example, if you're planning to choose Daichi's side, you can actually choose to neglect Daichi, Jungo, and Hinako's Fate levels because they're already on your side to begin with. Io still needs at least Fate 3 for the Lugh event.

The Restorer ending only requires you recruit all humans onto your side after the faction battle. To do this, you only need Fate 4 for the characters you had to fight, otherwise you won't be able to re-recruit them afterwards.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 14:29   Link #170
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's actually possible to get to the Restorer route without having to maximize everyone's Fate.

For example, if you're planning to choose Daichi's side, you can actually choose to neglect Daichi, Jungo, and Hinako's Fate levels because they're already on your side to begin with. Io still needs at least Fate 3 for the Lugh event.

The Restorer ending only requires you recruit all humans onto your side after the faction battle. To do this, you only need Fate 4 for the characters you had to fight, otherwise you won't be able to re-recruit them afterwards.
Yes, I'm aware of that. But will I have room to save that NPC, do the two optional demon fights, and do the NG+ demon fights too?

I went back and watched the original Restorer ending, and it makes me think that choosing the Liberator ending was the "wrong" choice. It has a great sendoff, and a good epilogue too, and both remixed themes. The Liberator ending - or as I'd rather call it, the "Destroyer" ending, does not. Plus I went through the effort to save and recruit everybody, what a waste. I'm not going to go back and redo anything though. I guess I got exactly what I asked for. But I'm feeling a bit heavy-hearted, since there's no easy out. I guess that's SMT for ya.

Regardless, I'll be picking the Restorer ending one way or another, since it will finish off the cycle. I just need to make sure I don't botch it.

Also ordered the original soundtrack, which I should have done when the game originally came out. I'm chagrined that there's apparently no full-length version of the OP, though it sure does squeeze a lot of kickass into a minute.

Edit:
Ehh, since I put so much time into this game, new and old, I figure it's worth praising in greater detail. I loved everything about the original game, from the opening theme on. Loved the demon fusion, loved the enemy designs, loved trolling the other characters, loved cracking skills, loved the time management system, loved the route system, loved the way it handles conflict in a fashion halfway between SMT and the Persona spinoffs. I've never finished another game three times over, and I've certainly quit on many before finishing at all.

About the only thing I didn't like was botching the fate levels, so when Record Breaker came out, I FAQ'ed my way to the end. I made one mistake, if it can be called that, in choosing a route. The voice acting took a little getting used to, but eventually felt like a second skin. About the only thing I wanted that I didn't get was an in-game cutscene for that part in the OP with Hinako, Airi, and Io dancing.

I'd recommend it to anyone who loves navigating a colorful cast of characters through the end of the world, and who's not deterred by turn-based, grid-based combat.

Last edited by JohnNiles; 2015-05-14 at 14:48.
Old 2015-05-14, 20:56   Link #171
JohnNiles

Missed an optional demon on Monday, because of the Merak fight? God, why do I even bother. I overwrote my most recent save, so ughhh.
Old 2015-05-15, 00:32   Link #172
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of that. But will I have room to save that NPC, do the two optional demon fights, and do the NG+ demon fights too?
I don't know if there are new events during the Septentriones arc, but I know in the original you can save that NPC, do all optional fights as well as the NG+ demon fights.

I followed a guide for maxing Fate with everyone too, but when I diverged from it I was still fine. Like I said, all you have to do is neglect Daichi, Jungo, Hinako, and Anguished One and you're fine.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 07:09   Link #173
Tormenk

Finished the game with the 'best' ending, going in mostly blind. Cool shout out to the DS2 anime near the end. Record Breaker managed to wrap up the new elements nicely while offering more development for the cast and tying in the old and the new solidly. I do wish there had been more time to soak in certain stuff better though and the Triangulum's design were mostly bland.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote