AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-07-23, 00:19   Link #6481
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

New champ announced - Kled.

Aside from having the most bizarre promo vid I've ever seen and seeming like a bloodthirsty yordle, I have no idea what this guy will be like. I'm guessing top or jungle since he looks to be melee?

But seriously....I'm really weirded out by that vid....yet very curious....
Old 2016-07-23, 00:54   Link #6482
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Most likely a top laner, he can have "cute" trades with Gnar.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 20:43   Link #6483
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Kled the Cantankerous Cavalier.

Actually had to look that word up ._. The sound effects he makes are amazing though and his abilities seem pretty fun. The speed up on his ult actually sticks for a while and seems huuuuuge.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 01:23   Link #6484
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Runs well with R, but being unable to ult without the lizard and being forcibly dismounted (via pokes) should completely ruin his TF ability...and the hook's a mounted skill, too.
Old 2016-07-30, 23:45   Link #6485
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Old 2016-07-31, 15:27   Link #6486
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Tomorrow means the series against NRG.
Old 2016-08-02, 00:58   Link #6487
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Alright, split in review for TSM.

Overall? Yeah, it is a shame that TSM lost to P1 and didn't go undefeated, but honestly I wanted them to lose more games... or at the very least be able to win from behind. A lot of times they would win by just straight up dicking the other team during laning phase, which while may be enough to win the playoffs, won't help them during worlds.

Pick and ban needs work though. Sure for the most part they're fine, but how the hell did they not know how to counter Malzahar? ie. the guy who had the highest win rate for quite some time before his recent nerfs? Sure a few weeks later they learned the counter, but Zilean has been staring at them the entire time. I'm really worried come playoffs that they're going to pull an IMT, and unluckily it seems its going to be against CLG (as TL will never get far with fabbyyy IMO). C'mon Parth, do your job. xD

Glad they're starting to try Taric, especially in conjunction with Shen and another diver. Like I've said in a post before, I think Taric is broken in solo q, but in competitive I think it's even more disgusting. Tower dives are ez pz, 1400+ range engage in conjunction with a diver, easy source to get windspeaker buff, and anti-engage with ult + shield items. Sure it looks like Karma's mass speed is still the best, but I wonder if she'll start to fall out of favour once Riot starts nerfing her to the ground.

As for the players:

Hauntzer - Hmm... I'm not liking they're starting to set him up as Dyrus 2.0. Sure he's on point with his TPs and what not, but him playing primarily tanks looks pretty good, but with the upcoming changes to turret 'first blood', I'd like to see him on more champs that win lane, but with carry priority given over to DLift/Bjerg and even Sven over him, it's probably not going to happen.

Sven - Oh boy. IMO the weak link of the team. Looks strong on Nidalee and Rek'sai, but I still think he sucks on other tank junglers. His Hecarim is strong, but honestly Hecarim is strong if he's ahead; if he can get wins on Hec when behind, then he's found another ban/take away worthy champ. If meta shifts into tank/ganking junglers (which I can see since Riot is forcing out laneswaps), TSM is gonna be in a whole world of pain.

Bjerg - Can't say much, since it's the lane I know least about. At the very least there's nothing exceptionally bad I've seen.

Doublelift - still gets caught out farming a side lane too many times. Yeah yeah, he's the shotcaller, and I can see in how well TSM rotates. Very reminiscent of CLG rotations and macro play during Summer 2015. Still, I hate how when TSM falls behind, their strategy comes to DL farming sidelane to catch up, and this becomes predictable and better teams will punish it more often.

Biofrost - has improved a lot on bard, exceptional on Karma, and lots of lane presence. Which of course is needed since DL needs to have his farm. Needs MUCH more wards though.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-02, 06:40   Link #6488
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Which champions do you think are best for Baron lockdowns? While champs like Amumu and Malphite have the proper CC to initiate, I've only found Nasus and Illaoi tanky enough to survive an actual 1v5 for more than 5 seconds.

Also, I haven't watched a single game this season. Any recommendations?
Old 2016-08-02, 10:25   Link #6489
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

What do you mean by lockdown? Going in ahead of your allies trying to stall for time while the enemy team is at baron?

Short answer: Why would you do that? It's still 4v5 afterwards in favour of the enemy team.
Disregarding that, Maokai would be the first answer, then Gnar and not-so-meta Rammus and Zac. Alistar if you're looking for a different role.

As for games, if you want to have some fun you can try W9 G2 CLG vs NRG or W9 G1 P1 vs IMT. W9 G1 CLG vs APX is a giant brawl fest for 50 minutes. W8 P1 vs TSM was also pretty entertaining.

There was a Sion game somewhere in week 9 but I can't be bothered to click through all the games to find it.
Old 2016-08-02, 14:37   Link #6490
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
What do you mean by lockdown? Going in ahead of your allies trying to stall for time while the enemy team is at baron?
Baron is where the end game is settled and I've lost a few games due to people being all over the map; not anywhere too deep, but far enough to miss the fight if I don't initiate a bit early. Of course, that ends up with me dashing/flashing out as soon as they come and then just lurk for pick-offs, and although the 4v5 mostly turns out favorable, since the enemy team usually suffers heavy baron damage, turnarounds are catastrophic without proper team management (a job that falls to me as a jungler, and I'm no fan of jungle TP). Alistar would be pretty good for the job actually, I'll see what I can do with him.

Quote:
As for games, if you want to have some fun you can try W9 G2 CLG vs NRG or W9 G1 P1 vs IMT. W9 G1 CLG vs APX is a giant brawl fest for 50 minutes. W8 P1 vs TSM was also pretty entertaining.

There was a Sion game somewhere in week 9 but I can't be bothered to click through all the games to find it.
Thanks for that.

EDIT: Looks like the PROJECT is expanding even further with Ashe, Kata and Ekko joining in the next few months. While the skin prices have increased, I really can't say anything, they look bloody awesome.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2016-08-03 at 01:02.
Old 2016-08-04, 13:00   Link #6491
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Also, I haven't watched a single game this season. Any recommendations?

This from just a couple of days ago was an utter epic. You just never knew who was going to win until it actually happened. Things twisted and turned so damn much.
Old 2016-08-04, 13:07   Link #6492
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semblance_of_Power View Post
There's a Sona mid being played right now in Millenium vs. Roccat and it's going exactly as one would expect.
Sona got nerfed a bit in the recent patch but she was really strong in the one before. While Braum/Karma are still the go-to supports, she is slowly seeing more play.
Old 2016-08-04, 14:57   Link #6493
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Personally, I think Karma is the best utility support (mass shield/haste, enough dmg to be a viable AP carry and a very strong sustain in R+W...well, and the CC) and Taric is the best tank support (simply becomes unkillable after building up).

While Sona isn't bad, she has seen much better days...and the direction LoL is taking seems to be one far away from champions with radial range skills. As such, linear skillshot champions have a pretty big advantage over them, not to mention the ADC mobility that keeps up with Sona's E buff (MF's strut, Vayne's passive, Sivir's passive, Lucian dash, Cait dash, etc.) makes her a very risky pick.

Quote:
This from just a couple of days ago was an utter epic. You just never knew who was going to win until it actually happened. Things twisted and turned so damn much.
Currently watching~
Old 2016-08-12, 21:16   Link #6494
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Spoiler for KT vs SKT semi-finals of LCK:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 14:22   Link #6495
Awrya
U mad?

Spoiler for H2K vs FNC:
Old 2016-08-17, 16:40   Link #6496
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Eh you can pick other champions not named Vladimir. He's not the only tier1 pick at the moment. They wanted to play something else and you can't really blame them for that.

GP just flat out loses the lane against Gnar it's not even funny. Yes his build was arguably not great the match-up is just a nightmare. GP compensates with having global assistance but they didn't use it that way even once. Without assistance from other lanes/jungler the result will always be exactly what happens in the game.

Yellowstar (and Rekkles) forced waaaaaay too hard for some reason. Additionally they had mechanical misplays (flashing in a straight line from Taric stun and still getting hit wat) that usually don't happen to them.

Listening to the bot lane stream, on low ping you should never get hit by a spear to begin with. Aside of that if all your lanes are losing there is only so much a jungler can do. Not that he had a great showing either but he wasn't playing terrible either.

The current FNC is not as good as it was in the 18-0 split but they are by no means a bad team. They made it to playoffs in a league with decent teams. For some reason they had very disappointing series but it's clear that this is not their usual level of play.
Old 2016-08-18, 02:22   Link #6497
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

WTF Parth won coach of the split? I'm a TSM fan and all, but I really don't think TSM's success this split is because of Parth.

No, I think Reapered is the coach of the split. Not because he's Korean, not because he did well as a player, but because I half expected C9 to prance around like headless chickens without Hai. The moment I heard the news that Hai was going to Challenger scene this split and Meteos would be working with Jensen again, I thought C9 was going to be relegations tier. To think they finished 3rd during regular season again WITHOUT Hai... it's no secret that C9 members are known Solo Q Superstars, but it's Reapered who made them work well together as a Team.

On the EU side, yeah YamatoCannon deserved it with the 2nd place finish. Splyce literally went from relegations to a team that got a bye to semi-finals, and their only change is the new support who isn't a superstar by any means. I'm no fan of YamatoCannon's past antics, but I think he did well in making his team playoff level.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-18, 02:55   Link #6498
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I mainly agree with Thorin. The voting process and liberties were an absolute joke.
Old 2016-08-18, 06:42   Link #6499
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Everytime I see Thorin he is raging about something. If you listen to him you would think that positive things don't exist in e-sports.

Now as for this particular video, he has a point that some of the results are ridiculous.

First of all, best coach of the split is such a BS award. Not to take anything away from the work they do but sooooo much of that is behind the scenes that nobody outside the team will ever know. It's perfectly possible that the coach of Echo Fox did a much better job than the coach of TSM but for outsiders that's impossible to judge. If anything I'd abolish that award.

As for the team awards, if nothing else some of these strike me as ... odd.

Spoiler for NA rant:

Spoiler for EU rant:

When I look at the votes cast especially in EU it is obvious that some people (LCS casters) had a meeting and discussed who to give their vote for together. Unless it's extremely obvious who the best player was in his role (junglers) the votes should be all over the place between a few candidates. Then some of the votes are just delusional but once you look at their affiliation it becomes very clear why. NRG members voting Ray for top lane or Maxlore for jungle to name a few. If you're not going to be objective then just abstain instead.
Old 2016-08-18, 08:24   Link #6500
Eragon
Still Alive

Thorin is just a manchild who rags on people much younger than him (TSM fans) to earn money. He has no arguments - just hyperbole, no facts supporting said hyperbole or anything resembling intelligent discourse.

I can't believe people watch this shit. Well, I can since its youtube and he's famous on reddit.

Tags
league of legends, lol