AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-11-19, 04:57   Link #81
james0246

^Kuma is Luffy's Uncle .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 05:00   Link #82
seiji_kun

So he's Garp's son? Or guess he's Dragon's brother-in-law. Wow if Luffy's mother looks like Kuma I feel sorry for both Dragon & Luffy .

Jinbei's silhouette reminds me of Blackbeard.
Old 2008-11-19, 05:10   Link #83
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Jinbei's hair reminds me of Arlong though. Actually comparing the head and shoulder silhouettes of Arlong, Fisher Tiger and Jinbei, they look like they are brothers or related by blood/species. Since they're probably a sawshark, tigershark and whale shark by name and appearance.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 06:41   Link #84
SiLeNtWaLkEr

...and where the hell are the crew? i miss them
SiLeNtWaLkEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 07:14   Link #85
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Why are you thinking coincidence? I pointed exactly, orchestration.

Kuma planned it meticulously for things to fall in place, tie it to the Dragon relation theory and you can even say that he's preparing for a revolution just like that.

Giving the abundance of islands and the outrageous variety they have, its extremely easy for you to place the characters.
Well, Kuma certainly didn't foresee Boa falling in love with Luffy. I'd say he definitely intended for the crew members to gain something out of this, whether it's power or knowledge or both. In Luffy's case, he probably wanted him to learn Haki but somehow the unpredictable happen and here he is trying to rescue Ace. If Dragon knows one of his son is going to be executed and another rushing to his own doom, there's now a near certainty that he will intervene with his own crew/troop/whatever.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 08:15   Link #86
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Actually I'd also like to see a water-logia. Not necessarily joining the crew, as a side-character would also be good enough. It would be especially interessting to see how such a person would react to the ocean water.
not gonna happen. there was a water logia in one of the movies and theyve said on several occasions that in the movies they only use powers where oda has stated he wont be needing them in the future. the water logia was locked in a bottle and that was pretty much it.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 08:19   Link #87
kari-no-sugata

Full HQ scans out already! Wow... We're lucky this week.

Looks like I was right and that Hancock being in love has powered up her meromero powers

Biggest surprise for me was Sengoku pleased to find that Hancock has agreed to go with the plan (or so he thinks) and is heading in. He comments that Hancock is strong. Wow, I rather get the feeling that she's like way way stronger than what's been hinted at so far. I wonder how he'll react when he finds out that she's fallen in love with Luffy and plans to break out Ace.

Maybe Kuma doesn't like Sanji - as far as he's concerned, he's in hell Only Nami (who's definitely going to be learning some new powers), Franky and Sanji are shown - the thing about Zoro being on pig island was total fake. The narration text also clearly states that what is being shown about them is somewhat that happened in the recent past - it's not "real time", as it were.
Old 2008-11-19, 08:33   Link #88
Paraden1989

where is a picture of Jinbi?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 08:53   Link #89
Paraden1989

plus now that we know where some of the straw hats are, the anime could use each of their stories as a filler! about two or three episodes with each character would be plenty of a filler, plus it would be the most interesting filler the anime has ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-11-19, 09:22   Link #90
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
plus now that we know where some of the straw hats are, the anime could use each of their stories as a filler! about two or three episodes with each character would be plenty of a filler, plus it would be the most interesting filler the anime has ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, that's been speculated upon before... but it does seem fairly likely. We may simply get a rough setup in the manga, and later get an idea of what happened... with the details being filled in by the anime (as it were). This would allow for the anime to have better pacing.

If so, maybe the next chapter will show what's happened to the others and then end with Luffy approaching Impel Down.

I do wonder though about the probability of the whole crew being able to get back to Sabaody in time to help Luffy's fight to rescue Ace - unless that drags out. From the map we saw in the last chapter, there aren't many islands in the area - meaning it would likely take many days travel for them to get back to Sabaody in the first place. I also suspect that a full-scale war would be rather too dangerous for most of the crew, as they currently are.

Anyway...

In this chapter Sengoku finds out that all the ships sent to track the Moby Dick have been lost - and now they've totally lost sight of the Whitebeard pirates. This means that they could attack anywhere - including Impel Down. So, rather than Ace being transported to his execution place and the war occurring there, it could happen straight at Impel Down.

PS I bet next time we see what's occurring on the ship Luffy and Hancock are on, we'll see some comments about Hancock eating a lot Yes, Hancock's eating for two
Old 2008-11-19, 09:29   Link #91
marvelB

Yowza! Early chapter release!? Thank you very much!

So yeah, that Zoro part was fake after all (but I bet this will mean that he'll have actually ended up on an even wierder island). I also kinda like how Hancock was being a bitch again early in the chapter, even if it was pretty much an act (kicking cute little puppies and baby seals? ZOMG). I also notice that old Nyon (nearly) fell for her charms again, and Luffy was quite an..... "influence" on the Kuja women. Well, if Sengoku confirmed that Hancock is powerful, then we should definitely see her "mad Haki skillz" during the Impel Down arc....

One thing I found particularly interesting is that according to the marines who reported to Sengoku, Jinbei is against the upcoming Whitebeard war, is imprisoned, and is even willing to give up his Shichibukai title. So I guess this means that Jinbei is at Impel Down, as well. If he's against the war, does this mean that there's a chance that he too may end up being Luffy's ally, rather than an enemy....?

So, about the other Straw-Hats: Looks like Weatheria uses some interesting technology (was that rope thing some form of Dial?), so yep, Nami getting a power-up is guaranteed. At Balzimoa, we see Franky out in the cold (obviously, he's too super to bother bundling up ), and seems to... get attacked by some kind of cyborg dog? Then for some reason the residents of the island pose along with him (heh). And as for Sanji.... well, we already knew the deal with that.

Anyways, some of the more interesting pics:

Spoiler:

Great, great, chapter, this.

Edit: Oh, and lol at Luffy calling Hancock "Hanmock".
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 09:42   Link #92
SamuraiX

Send a message via MSN to SamuraiX
From that silhouette Jinbei kinda looks like Franky's mentor Tom. And lol at the image with Franky they even have the dog doing it truly hilarious. And the Sanji one is just 'shivers' nightmarish.
SamuraiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 10:01   Link #93
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

LOL this chapter is god damn amazing! Hancock is now my favourite moe character ever, LOL

She's so in love with Luffy, she's so extremely deredere.
Spoiler:
Oh and damn lol, I understand why the amazon's loved her so much now, even when she kicked 2, not just 1 baby animals off her path this time.

She's so Coodere!!!

She's the queen of all Cooderekko!

Old 2008-11-19, 10:07   Link #94
marvelB

I've definitely gotta say that the Franky scene is my favorite out of the three Straw-Hat updates. I know a lot of people are going to guess that Vegapunk is from Balzimoa, but I'm also thinking that it's the home of another scientist: The late Dr. Tsukimi (from the Eneru ministory). During the flashback from the ministory, it was mentioned that he built the Spacey robots on a "mecha island" and, well... Franky's on a mecha island. But of course I can't rule out Vegapunk being from there, as well....

Well, judging from this chapter, it looks like we'll get updates on the rest of the crew for the upcoming chapters. There's still Zoro, Usopp, Chopper, Robin, and Brooke left. I guess there's the chance that Usopp was sent to Elbaf, but I dunno.... I had the impression that it's in the New World. So maybe he was sent to the supposedly fictional Sniper Island after all...?
Old 2008-11-19, 10:17   Link #95
Paraden1989

i think Zoro was sent to Wano Island, the island where Ryuma came from.

i also just realized that Mr. 0, 1, 2, 3 were sent to impel down so i think that they might resurface when luffy gets there!
Old 2008-11-19, 10:18   Link #96
karumofin

i hope in the anime they will expand on the stories of the various strawhats in more detail, instead of coming up with silly filler stuff that would be a great opportunity for stretching the material.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 10:24   Link #97
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
i think Zoro was sent to Wano Island, the island where Ryuma came from.

The Wano Country is in the New World, though. So far, it looks like Kuma only sent the crew to locations that are still in the Grand Line's first half. I kinda doubt that Kuma would send anyone to the New World, because the point that was made during the events of Sabaody was that the crew still weren't prepared for the New World yet....

Quote:
i also just realized that Mr. 0, 1, 2, 3 were sent to impel down so i think that they might resurface when luffy gets there!

Yep, I'm expecting Luffy to meet those guys there, as well. Also, if Jinbei is in Impel Down, maybe he's sharing a cell with Arlong...? Again, I can see Jinbei being a potential ally....
Old 2008-11-19, 10:26   Link #98
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
I say Kuma is going to join the strawhats. He has hisplan, and helping them makes it possible. Joining them will allow him to accomplish his dream.
This is, frankly speaking, impossible. I mean okay, we could consider Boa, Margaret, and even Caimie...but this...this is just what you call...nonsense. How the hell would KUMA join Luffy's crew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I could barely make out his looks. And I find it disappointing that Nami is only MENTIONED INSTEAD OF BEING SHOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, she's okay you know. Unhurt, and not emotionally unwell, so you could afford to leave her alone for a bit...

What I want to know most is exactly what happened to Shanks after he and Whitebeard fought. Is Shanks okay? Did they tie? Did Whitebeard win? Or did it end abruptly? What became of Whitebeard and Shanks' already strained relationship?

Another thing I'd like an update on is exactly what's going on with Usopp and Zoro, my two favourite members of the Strawhat Crew. I like them uber much, and would honestly appreciate a small heads up that Zoro is still wandering around with no internal compass whatsoever, and that Usopp is still running strong.

Next, I want to say that this Impel Down arc is going to do major justice to Luffy's character and help him develop. I can almost imagine Luffy vs Kizaru rematch, and Luffy unleashes a wave of Haki and lunges in, knocking him out. Or something like that...

Because at the end of this, there will have to be a big fight. Probably Luffy will face off, and be beaten by Sengoku himself, who's visibly growing tired of Luffy's interference. Farfetched, but I'm just throwing out random stuff anyway.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-19, 10:31   Link #99
Paraden1989

i totally agree!
Old 2008-11-19, 10:36   Link #100
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I think Oda would be giving the crew a pretty good coverage, though not as long as Luffy's. It would be short and sweet, and will produce a good outcome for each of them.

I'm very sure Sanji has landed on a total okama Island lol, everything on the is pink to reflect the inner femininity of all the men

Even the whiskered animals shaved their whiskers so they erm, look more feminine.

There are no real females on the island as far as I can see.