AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-10, 04:58   Link #21
Aaerul

I was ecstatic when I first heard that Hourou Musuko is being animated and dreadful at the same time. I am a huge Hourou Musuko fan, all 10 volumes of the manga in Japanese sit on my shelves, imported from Japan - killed my bank account for many weeks.

Aoi Hana was, a so-so adaptation. But as a Kenichi Kasai work, it has many areas of merit. Kasai-san emphasizes the melodrama in the depressive, triangle relationship in the manga but actually, it wasn't like that at all. All the relationships in the manga was taken from a bird's eye perspective in classic Shimura Takako style. Her style is, extremely detailed slice-of-life of heartfelt characters.

Looking at AIC Spirits' entry at animenewsnetwork.com, none of the titles credited as Animation Production stand out to me. Ga-Rei -Zero- (TV) is the one with the brilliant action scenes in the first episode then dies afterwards? Sasami: Magical Girls Club (TV), Tokko? Is this good, anyone? This subdivision seems to be a relatively new studio among AIC ranks with no breakthrough hits (in quality) anyway.

For Hourou Musuko I am cautious.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 15:03   Link #22
JapanAni
tasukete Erin!

really excited for this title to be an anime adaption, the manga is so great.
JapanAni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 20:21   Link #23
Raiza Sunozaki

I've never heard of this series before, but I have to say, the unique plot has gotten me interested for it. If the quality people talk about from the manga is imported faithfully into the anime, this series looks like one I'll enjoy checking out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
ITokko? Is this good, anyone?
If it's the same series a friend of mine mentioned when listing off some good anime I should watch (most of which I never got around to), then it's a pretty good series, though I know nothing about it.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 00:51   Link #24
maximilianjenus
[E]

this sounds good I also just got started on the manga;

ga-rei zero si said to be the best anime of it's season, most underapreciated too.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 17:50   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Seeing as though this will be airing in the upcoming season, has a PV appeared yet? Quite surprised that we haven't heard anything new on the project in a while.
Old 2010-09-07, 07:45   Link #26
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Newtype seems to have announced that this will be the other January noitaminA show, pairing with Fractale.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 08:44   Link #27
Kakkou
Tch.

noitaminA? Sweet, now I'm looking forward to this even more.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:17   Link #28
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

It's AIC Spirits to produce this ?
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 09:55   Link #29
kyouray
2D > 3D

You were almost right since it's an AIC production directed by Ei Aoki (Ga-Rei Zero, Kara no Kyoukai movie 1).
We've again Mari Okada (true tears, Toradora!) for the screenplay and series composition. The character designer is Ryuichi Makino.
I wonder if it's really scheduled for January (I can't really read the number before "月" because the pic is too small but it doesn't look like "1") because Mari Okada will be too busy with 3 series (Fractale, Gosick & Hourou Musuko).

edit : scheduled for January as noitaminA show (via krnerdnews).

from Newtype (via Kyou mo Yarareyaku)

Last edited by kyouray; 2010-09-08 at 07:46.
kyouray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 10:45   Link #30
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
You were almost right since it's an AIC production directed by Ei Aoki (Ga-Rei Zero, Kara no Kyoukai movie 1).
We've again Mari Okada (true tears, Toradora!) for the screenplay and series composition. The character designer is Ryuichi Makino.
I wonder if it's really scheduled for January (I can't really read the number before "月" because the pic is too small but it doesn't look like "1") because Mari Okada will be too busy with 3 series (Fractale, Gosick & Hourou Musuko).

from Newtype (via Kyou mo Yarareyaku)
The black hair is Yoshino (girl) and the brown hair is Shuichi (boy), so it's really premiered in January.
Old 2010-09-07, 12:08   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Can't say i'm that pleased with the character designs, though i guess they do the job. Just no way near as beautiful as Shimura Takako's art, which is just one of the reasons why the manga is so great. Ah well.
Old 2010-09-07, 12:19   Link #32
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It seems Aniplex has really taken over noitaminA. Shiki is Aniplex right? Both Fractale and Wandering Son is Aniplex too. Sony is spending big money on the popular timeslot.
Old 2010-09-07, 13:43   Link #33
Woland
Latin Rascal

I was sure Kuragehime was Aniplex too, but it doesn't seem so. Sony is indeed spending (and most of the time earning) a lot in animation almost everywhere.
About the scan, I'm not quite fond about Yoshino (but probably because I'm now used about the more femmine and older one in the last manga chapters) and the colors are to bright for my like, but you can't expect watercolor background and pastel like palette from AIC...
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 13:46   Link #34
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I really wonder why JC Staff didn't get the job for adapting this. It just feels like a wasted chance.
Old 2010-09-07, 13:59   Link #35
Woland
Latin Rascal

It's really sad indeed but probably JC Staff is not a studio this close to Aniplex (neither AIC for what I remember)... Or maybe Aoi Hana was not perceived as a huge success (sadly we can call it a flop ) and they opted for a image change... not that all the choice made in anime production are logical, especially when noitaminA is involved (if I have to guess AIC is probably cheaper than JC Staff ^^; ).
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 13:39   Link #36
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
This is apparently Shuu's VA: http://pro-page.jp/jeanist/list/profile?id=303
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 14:49   Link #37
FireChick

Hmmm? A young boy and a newcomer actor? I was kinda expecting Azuma Sakamoto to do Shuu. This ought to be interesting.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 00:18   Link #38
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The newcomer actor will be Keisuke Hatakeyama (畠山航輔).
Old 2010-09-10, 11:08   Link #39
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Official site: http://www.houroumusuko.jp/

Apparently it's more specifically animated by "AIC Classic"... wut?
Old 2010-09-10, 11:25   Link #40
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The character design looks heavily closed to watercolor, especially to the character design's skin and hair that Noitamina like artistic color palette to the characters.

Tags
coming of age, drama, genderbender, noitamina, school life, seinen