AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-14, 14:27   Link #1081
Vitamin fighter

Gaaahh!! I heard they gonna have another break next week!
I hate you Fuji TV
Vitamin fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 14:37   Link #1082
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin fighter View Post
I hate you Fuji TV
Yeah heard next episode airs on the 28th of October. LAWL what troll hoebags. I am starting to get very very angry lawl
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 14:41   Link #1083
Setre

Don't really care for the new OP and ED but I didn't like the old ones either the first time I listened to them. Maybe they'll grow on me.

Spoiler for Spoilers for Episode 12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin fighter View Post
I hate you Fuji TV
If that's true I have one thing to say: AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one
Setre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 15:43   Link #1084
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Even though this wasn't my favorite episode, yes, it does simply blow away all the new shows, enjoyable as some of them are.

I love the new ending, music and image. The new OP doesn't grab me right away, but it is definitely quality music and has a similar art style to the old one, so I have hopes my enjoyment may grow.

As for having naked bishies in the ED, there's already a hint of that appeal. All the humans in the ED looked good to me. Why can't both sexes be sexy?

As for the dropped week, Shoboi Calendar confirms it: ep13 on 28 October.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-10-14 at 15:59.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 16:36   Link #1085
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What no episode next week? God damn it all.
Old 2010-10-14, 16:48   Link #1086
Kona-Kona
Densetsu shoujo "A"

Just to lessen the stress of not watching shiki for so long...
Spoiler for Beautiful bromance cosplay:
Kona-Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 18:23   Link #1087
lightbringer
M9000

After a three week hiatus, there's another break next week? Great. And the manga translations are about fifteen chapters behind, too.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 18:55   Link #1088
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Spoiler for Avy:

Gonna take this one.
Bleh it sucks that theres going to be another break for a week. I had finally caught up.

Last edited by UltimaWolf; 2010-10-15 at 03:32.
UltimaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 19:43   Link #1089
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I didnt like the new op and ed at first either but after watching a few times they both grew on me..The episode was great but pissed about another break cause there killing me.
Kinda discovered i really dont like natsunos dad hes way passed being a jerk
Old 2010-10-14, 21:33   Link #1090
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Maybe the new ED and OP will grow on me, too. I loved the originals (especially the OP) and these felt meh.

Spoiler for 12:

Another freaking hiatus next week? Holy crap! 4 out of 5 weeks is a little ridiculous.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:37   Link #1091
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

As predicted, a majority of the fans love Buck-Tick's song. Figures.

I love the new OP, however, it does NOT fit the show as well as Buck-Tick's OP song did. Disappointing. But the music was lovely, despite the awkward melody/rhythm of the chorus. The ED is wholly uninteresting. Sounds like elevator music. It's just plain blah. The 1st OP sounds like an angelic chorus compared to that lackluster drawl.

I won't comment on the actual episode, as it is really the next one I'm waiting for. Not too much happened, anyway. That's my one hang-up with Shiki. The bulk of story shown consists of the boring nearly-toss-away-status characters, whereas the REALLY interesting stuff is packed into these itsy bitsy tidbits. Most shows consist of this formula, but the "boring parts" in Shiki are SO boring and SO drawn out to the point that I'm really turned off. I was able to read the entire manga up to the latest chapter in only a few hours due to the massive amount of scanning and skipping I was able to do and still get the major/best parts of the story. It's kind of sad.

But as I always say, that's just my personal opinion, of course.
Old 2010-10-14, 21:49   Link #1092
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't think I've found a single moment of this boring for about 5 episodes. Different strokes, eh?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:52   Link #1093
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I see Natsuno's father more as an object lesson than as a jerk. I mean, I don't believe any of this stuff in real life, either. If someone I knew claimed they were being attacked by vampires, I would think they were disturbed.

The one thing he really did do wrong was not to listen to his son and let him follow his own ideas when it clearly is not going to hurt him, even if it doesn't help him. But like the doctor, I think it's legitimate for him to be full of doubt. If this were the real world, I would be, too.

The lesson to me is to keep an open mind and to respect other people's ideas. And to realize how easy it is to be manipulated by my self-respect, as both Natsuno's father and Megumi were.

By the way, I'm another who hasn't been bored for a second -- even though I have read the manga up to here. I did that months ago, before the show started. Like others, I have fortunately been able to restrain myself over the hiatus. Just barely.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 00:40   Link #1094
OpenDoors

I feel bad for Natsuno... especially since we really don't know how much of his resignation to fate is associated with the hallucination effect observed in other victims.
OpenDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 01:07   Link #1095
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep12:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 01:47   Link #1096
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Yeah, I'm not really digging the new OP. The song isn't bad, it just doesn't suit Shiki, imo.
I expected a more slower, haunting song from Kanon Wakeshima.
On the otherhand, the new ED is pretty great.

But man, Tohru & Natsuno's confrontation was pretty heart-crushing to watch.
And I'm not even gonna comment on Natsuno's father
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 03:37   Link #1097
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenDoors View Post
I feel bad for Natsuno... especially since we really don't know how much of his resignation to fate is associated with the hallucination effect observed in other victims.
I was curious about that too...why natsuno isnt submissive like the others after theyve been bitten
Old 2010-10-15, 03:43   Link #1098
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
As predicted, a majority of the fans love Buck-Tick's song. Figures.
Figures? Because i've been a huge fan of BUCK-TICK of many years? I don't see what's wrong with that.
Old 2010-10-15, 04:10   Link #1099
lightbringer
M9000

Buck-Tick are simply well suited to vampire anime
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 04:29   Link #1100
Grim_Reaper

Ed song is great.
Op is worse than the previous one but to m mind it's still great.
Spoiler for Thoughts about manga\anime:
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire