AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-26, 17:58   Link #2121
Kadi
知識の探求者

That bandaged pink-haired girl is from V6C1. Be patient and amazed, it won't be long. Those in the first row might get wet, though...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 18:03   Link #2122
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

if i say the mask is giving me a bad feeling would i be right? ....
Old 2012-07-26, 18:10   Link #2123
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

"First row might get wet", hmm I don't understand what that means. Though since Kadi said it and is not giving anymore good hints, this would mean it is something exciting to read.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 18:13   Link #2124
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

actually i think .. i already know :S
40% is giving me a good idea who it might be :S lets see if im a good detective xD
so ill say ..
Spoiler for deduction ..:

Last edited by Phoenix221186; 2012-07-26 at 18:23.
Phoenix221186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 18:25   Link #2125
Kadi
知識の探求者

Hmm...

Spoiler for Followup to Phoenix:

Also, I earlier I was talking about the following post. It was actually from page 5.
Spoiler for My most successful troll-post so far:
Old 2012-07-26, 18:31   Link #2126
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

WELL lets wait for the rest
i just think like that because its just to much of a coincidence .. anyway ..

so he won against salvatore by showing the sword to him huh? xD

kadi .. one question .. why you sig says that you are in denial ?? ..

Last edited by Phoenix221186; 2012-07-26 at 18:53.
Phoenix221186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 19:02   Link #2127
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Phoenix it said that because the anime adaption of Campione isn't an adaption of the Light Novel. It has the characters, but they been portrayed the wrong way. Story line is also different and some events changed. If I had room on my signature to add text, I will probably say "Anime Adaption of Campione destroyed the dreams of the Light Novel Fans".
Old 2012-07-26, 19:10   Link #2128
bludvein

That's a bit exaggerated. The Campione! anime has some differences compared to the LN, but its not an original storyline. It follows the novels. At least so far.

The main complaint about it usually has to do with the pacing and the fact that the studio took some liberties with the chronology. Some events happen in a different order in order to facilitate character introduction, which was unnecessary and made the story a little wonky in parts.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 19:45   Link #2129
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Phoenix it said that because the anime adaption of Campione isn't an adaption of the Light Novel. It has the characters, but they been portrayed the wrong way. Story line is also different and some events changed. If I had room on my signature to add text, I will probably say "Anime Adaption of Campione destroyed the dreams of the Light Novel Fans".
is it a notable studio that mucks up LN adaptations then?
Old 2012-07-26, 19:48   Link #2130
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Kadi. Your gender is so confusing that you end up being an "it".
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
That's a bit exaggerated. The Campione! anime has some differences compared to the LN, but its not an original storyline. It follows the novels. At least so far.

The main complaint about it usually has to do with the pacing and the fact that the studio took some liberties with the chronology. Some events happen in a different order in order to facilitate character introduction, which was unnecessary and made the story a little wonky in parts.
Honestly, I should have said it before somewhere, but the problem with Campione isn't the fact that it is different from the novels. A faithful adaptation doesn't mean good results, just ask JC Staff *cough*HnA*cough* . It is all about the flow, the character design, the plot holes made or not made, the quality of animation and the execution. Diomedia doesn't look as if they've done enough to make it good as a series slightly far from the original version.

Ah, and wanted to say that the OP and the ED are not the best (maybe aside the first 16 secs).
Old 2012-07-26, 19:49   Link #2131
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
it follows some form of timeline tho.

true its changed some events, and also added new ones, but it got the basis down.

At least in campione they did a somewhat real meeting of erica and godou.
In SAO they butchered the original meeting of kirito and asuna.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 20:01   Link #2132
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Maybe I was a little bit overboard about the anime, though I will say it wasn't done very well. Story Line was a bit rushed, vol 3 had a lot of stuff that Godou meeting Erica then slaying a God. Much more substance. I think there are few anime adaptions of Light Novels that actually follows the Light Novel to a degree.
Old 2012-07-26, 20:03   Link #2133
Kadi
知識の探求者

First things first: Kira, I freaking hate you, you know that? Without that signature... Anyway, since Kadi basically is a lump of electrons, "it" is actually fitting, isn't it? (I wonder if I could get people to rename me into "A"...)

Second: The Campione anime is generic, destroyed the character/relationship development development, added many plot holes/headscratchers/convenient developments, did many unnecessary things (e.g. random beam and energy attacks for everyone) and drowns in exposition and infodumping. It does well with the fights where stuff actually happens. Some other details (Raptor's side effects) are also portrayed nicely. Can we put this to an end now and restrict it to its proper thread? Thank you.

Third: SAO anime's meeting between Kirito and Asuna is semi-official. Goes against novel-canon but is written by the author under a pen-name. Off to the SAO thread/subforum with this.

Fourth: Sorry, don't have an on-topic point to make right now.
Old 2012-07-26, 20:45   Link #2134
Athena
The Power of One

^BTW, Kadi. Who's that Kira guy that you are talking about?
Old 2012-07-26, 23:24   Link #2135
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
onder if I could get people to rename me into "A"...)

Second: The Campione anime is generic, destroyed the character/relationship development development, added many plot holes/headscratchers/convenient developments, did many unnecessary things (e.g. random beam and energy attacks for everyone) and drowns in exposition and infodumping. It does well with the fights where stuff actually happens. Some other details (Raptor's side effects) are also portrayed nicely.
Its the same kind of complain adaptations usually gets, someday you will get over that stage.

Quote:
Can we put this to an end now and restrict it to its proper thread?
It can't be helped since "its based" on the novels.

@Athena: I think Kadi is adressing to the user with the Athena's avatar.

BTW, Anime OP single is out.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 00:47   Link #2136
mangafreak7793

What ever happen to the Prometheus stone?
mangafreak7793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 01:14   Link #2137
bludvein

I know Pandora said training was useless for a campione, but I always assumed that meant training of their divine powers. Does Godou ever learn swordsmanship or anything to cover for the periods he can't use his powers?

I mean, there are a lot of times he either doesn't meet the conditions to use a power or that he has already exhausted that form for a day. It's his biggest weakness.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 06:42   Link #2138
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I know Pandora said training was useless for a campione, but I always assumed that meant training of their divine powers. Does Godou ever learn swordsmanship or anything to cover for the periods he can't use his powers?

I mean, there are a lot of times he either doesn't meet the conditions to use a power or that he has already exhausted that form for a day. It's his biggest weakness.
That's exactly what I said a few pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I think the once a day restriction really hurts Godou. If he can't deal with an enemy within the course of one day before exhausting all the useful and relevant forms, he has no options left. And of course, he has no skills to deal with ordinary people, though there's plenty of people who can train him if he's willing.
All he needs is to take a few lessons from Erica, Liliana, Ena or Luo Hao and he'd be set against all human opponents. And all of them would be perfectly willing to train him, though Godou might be wary of what kind of reward they might demand in return...
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 07:12   Link #2139
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ zzhk, I'm a bit confused about the above post. Why did you try to reply to your own statement?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 07:17   Link #2140
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
That's exactly what I said a few pages back.

All he needs is to take a few lessons from Erica, Liliana, Ena or Luo Hao and he'd be set against all human opponents. And all of them would be perfectly willing to train him, though Godou might be wary of what kind of reward they might demand in return...
True, but isn't Godou still at the stage where he hasn't fully embraced being a Campione? Up until now, as far as I know, everything he's done is reactionary. That way, he can still avoid the reality of being a Campione, at least partly. Doing something proactive like asking for training would strip him of that illusion.

Besides, it's only been about 6 months since he became a Campione, right? He still has plenty of time.

The best way for him to get over the weakness of Verethragna's Authorities is to kill another god and usurp their authority. Didn't Erica say as much in Vol.1?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem