AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-12, 10:22   Link #41
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince leon
I was a bit surprised at the length when I first started it but realized that I totally forgot about that fact.
Thanks for repeating the fact alot of people already nutting about.
That's right, because alot of things was happened just in ten minutes
Spoiler:
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 11:21   Link #42
Millenia
Emotional Shoujo Girl

Send a message via MSN to Millenia
Hmm for a fast guess
Spoiler for Next episode:

Its a shame this anime is only 9 episodes long
I would have liked to have seen more for longer.
Old 2006-02-12, 13:56   Link #43
Seyluun

Spoiler:
Seyluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 17:05   Link #44
KJlost

Well they aren't highschool students.
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 20:27   Link #45
Seiryuu

It's true that in the real world it doesn't take so much time and work just to be able to kiss, unless there's some serious interference. However, it also doesn't take a matter of less than perhaps four hours to be in bed. At least, it doesn't if either party has any respect. The people that do go to bed that quick don't seem serious about it the way these two were; with that kind of speed it's more like an evening's entertainment.
Consider that this girl only just met the guy, when he was waiting for a DIFFERENT girl, who happened to be going out with a thug appparently. Even if he's letting her use his place while she gets back on her feet after the fire, it seems absolutely absurd that she would trust this guy and like him enough to make love to him, especially if she doesn't know his name. While I'll give the writers a plus for not wasting time with questions of romance, the pure absurdity of these characters actually making love a few hours after they first meet, and starting with the words "Oh yeah, we never introduced ourselves", definitely brings this down in my opinion. I'll just say it was the beer for now.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 02:36   Link #46
Millenia
Emotional Shoujo Girl

Send a message via MSN to Millenia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
It's true that in the real world it doesn't take so much time and work just to be able to kiss, unless there's some serious interference. However, it also doesn't take a matter of less than perhaps four hours to be in bed. At least, it doesn't if either party has any respect. The people that do go to bed that quick don't seem serious about it the way these two were; with that kind of speed it's more like an evening's entertainment.
Consider that this girl only just met the guy, when he was waiting for a DIFFERENT girl, who happened to be going out with a thug appparently. Even if he's letting her use his place while she gets back on her feet after the fire, it seems absolutely absurd that she would trust this guy and like him enough to make love to him, especially if she doesn't know his name. While I'll give the writers a plus for not wasting time with questions of romance, the pure absurdity of these characters actually making love a few hours after they first meet, and starting with the words "Oh yeah, we never introduced ourselves", definitely brings this down in my opinion. I'll just say it was the beer for now.
This happens in real like and you know it :P
Old 2006-02-13, 03:01   Link #47
wao
OK.

Quote:
It's true that in the real world it doesn't take so much time and work just to be able to kiss, unless there's some serious interference. However, it also doesn't take a matter of less than perhaps four hours to be in bed. At least, it doesn't if either party has any respect.
The thing is, I don't think Matsumaru doesn't have that much respect right now - he's just a horny guy faced with a very erotic situation.... >_> or at least, that is what I think.

In ep 2 you might see this side of him...
Old 2006-02-13, 04:19   Link #48
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

EHHHHHHHh

episode one was so nice till the end.....

Spoiler:
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 10:41   Link #49
Furudanuki

Quote:
It's true that in the real world it doesn't take so much time and work just to be able to kiss, unless there's some serious interference. However, it also doesn't take a matter of less than perhaps four hours to be in bed. At least, it doesn't if either party has any respect. <deleted text> I'll just say it was the beer for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
The thing is, I don't think Matsumaru doesn't have that much respect right now - he's just a horny guy faced with a very erotic situation.... >_> or at least, that is what I think.
Aka's actions will seem very believable if you've had any experience dealing with people who have just emerged from highly dangerous or stressful situations. A very common reaction in these cases is for the person to seek comfort, and the highly charged emotions often result in an elevated libido. Matsumaru had been kind to her, and he was there at the time. She may have regrets the next day when her thinking is clearer, but at the time the emotional part of her brain was in control.

I think wao probably has the right idea about Matsumaru. He's been depressed about his work and love life, and all of a sudden an opportunity and a willing companion are presented to him. Maybe he could or should have been more chivalrous, but I can't fault him too much.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 11:09   Link #50
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
A very common reaction in these cases is for the person to seek comfort, and the highly charged emotions often result in an elevated libido. Matsumaru had been kind to her, and he was there at the time. She may have regrets the next day when her thinking is clearer, but at the time the emotional part of her brain was in control.
Hehe, the human animal.

Earthquake, natural disasters, etc, they all cause the same reaction.

Was matsumaru taking advantage of her? Perhaps. But its no different than
if they had had a couple of beers or something.

ep 2
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 14:56   Link #51
Seiryuu

OK, I'll admit that something like that can happen, a "moment's passion" sort of thing. Especially when you've got two or three large cups of beer sitting in your stomach, and you've seen everything you own burn to nothing, and yet someone actually treats you like a human being.
However, regardless of the situation, I cannot believe the casual way Aka noted that they didn't even know each other's names. I definitely cannot imagine a girl saying that and looking at a guy the way she did, as if it didn't even matter. If she was so completely unconcerned by the fact that she was about to sleep with a man she'd known for four hours tops, it seems like she would have waited before interrupting the moment with such an absurd statement.
I'll admit, my opinion might come from the number of mysteries and thrillers I've seen where any girl that would do something that stupid ends up either dead or wishing she was. A few hours just isn't enough to get to know and trust a person, no matter what the situation may be. Believability just doesn't seem like one of the strengths in this series.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 15:34   Link #52
Furudanuki

Quote:
However, regardless of the situation, I cannot believe the casual way Aka noted that they didn't even know each other's names. I definitely cannot imagine a girl saying that and looking at a guy the way she did, as if it didn't even matter. If she was so completely unconcerned by the fact that she was about to sleep with a man she'd known for four hours tops, it seems like she would have waited before interrupting the moment with such an absurd statement.
I agree with you about Aka's "we never introduced ourselves" comment being strange under the circumstances. If she was going to make a remark like that, to me it would have seemed a lot more natural for her to have said it during pillow talk afterward - something along the lines of "we got carried away and never even introduced ourselves". But this was just the first episode, so it may turn out that it is Aka's nature to be making observations about things at inappropriate times.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 23:29   Link #53
Anime+
Banned

This is a pretty good concept in my opinion. What I like is that the whole 12 minute episode thing works so far. So much happend in that 1st episode and I think they did it all right. I was pretty surprized on how it ended, but was glad that they did not add fanservice even though they easily could have...they are pretty secure with their project. The main male character kinda gets on my nerves though, he is a nice guy which is good but he still has very limited emotions.

-Luis

Last edited by Anime+; 2006-02-15 at 22:01.
Anime+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 12:32   Link #54
Jaden

So lemme get this straight, this series will be one hour and 21 minutes long? Hehe they could have made it a movie.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 12:41   Link #55
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden
So lemme get this straight, this series will be one hour and 21 minutes long? Hehe they could have made it a movie.
Uh, well... The DVD boxset for season one is 120 minutes long (9 x ~12.5) and, apparently, it's scheduled to be three seasons long in total (9+9+8+1 OVA). It's definitely an unusual format, but it could work.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 13:24   Link #56
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Uh, well... The DVD boxset for season one is 120 minutes long (9 x ~12.5) and, apparently, it's scheduled to be three seasons long in total (9+9+8+1 OVA). It's definitely an unusual format, but it could work.
9+9+8+1 you just made my day

Are you sure about this?

Please say yes >.<
Old 2006-02-14, 14:36   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Great news about the possible multiple seasons. There is a lot of good stuff in the manga that one season couldn't cover.

And I also agree that the short episodes are not as frustrating as I expected. They pack them so full that they seem longer.

And as for the quick hop into bed in episode 1, I agree with what people say: Aka was more or less in shock, and Takafumi was her lifeline. He was clearly a nice and basically non-threatening guy, and she took comfort. He did take advantage of her, but it surely seemed to him that she was receptive, and he didn't think about why. I do want to see him develop more. He isn't worthy of her yet, and they can't stay together unless he is.

The "we never introduced ourselves" didn't seem all that crazy to me. They knew each other, to some extent, and had already had pretty close conversations in the yakitori joint, as well as sharing a traumatic experience. The only thing missing was the name, which isn't as important as the person. I felt that she was just making sure she held her self-respect as she happily/dazedly accepted the situation.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 18:15   Link #58
ultrataro

Actually I think the fact that they went to bed made this show interesting. Look at how much discussion it's generated. Without that it would have been much more run of the mill. And using this as an example of Japanese perversion? i'd hardly say so, I'm sure theres lots of American stories that are just as quick about a man & woman ending up in the sack. There are many other shows that might be examples of "Japanese" perversion, but this is not one of them (so far anyway).
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 20:36   Link #59
Kainy
One fuzzy bunny

This anime is going to finally make me fix my codecs so I can watch .mkvs properly.

Arg the work.

Yum the Lunar-done awesomeness, and futher .mkv-style awesomeness in the future.
Kainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 23:40   Link #60
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Are you sure about this?

Please say yes >.<
Well, I've been told that it was mentioned on the mangaka's website, but I'm afraid my Japanese isn't up to snuff yet... perhaps someone can find the quote to confirm? One of the replies to one of the posts here seems to imply that this DVD-BOX may come with an unaired episode? I don't know... confused... but a few people who would normally be in the know about these sort of things understood there would be three seasons. So, the answer from me is a emphatic "maybe"... Hopefully someone else can confirm it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen