AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 00:35   Link #1241
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Question: Why older girls with blonde hair and big burst always win?

And more Katia, please!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 00:39   Link #1242
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
And more Katia, please!
NSFW
Petite
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 00:41   Link #1243
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hohoho! What a feast for the eyes!!!

And I pity for Theo. Who know that both Hell and Heaven could co-exist at the same time?
Old 2013-10-09, 16:46   Link #1244
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Irisdina waifu the best waifu.
Quads confirm. Irisdina for best Schwarez

Spoiler for Stasi Worship:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Where did you get this?
CARNELIAN's twicsy/twitter. It's a year old, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh
Stuff like this really wishes the Schwarzesmarken VN has multiple character routes and is 18+ rated.
I know what you mean. Shame âge suffered a crisis, otherwise they wouldn't have gone half-assed prude.

Quote:
Beatrix likes a taste of ripe German fruit as much as I do.

Hence why Irisdina is currently her guest in the "Maximum Fun Chamber".

///
I still cannot fathom why CARNELIAN hasn't done a doujinshi like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth
As far as my moonrune skills go, it's basically Irisdina doing cute things to sick Theo, feeding him whateverGermanseatforfever, asking about something (I'm guessing wiping his back?) and etc.

May or may not be Theodore's fever delusions, since the runes around chibi-Liz and Theo are too small for me to read, and my close-up makes the signs all blurry.

It definitely doesn't look like something from the actual LNs. I'm guessing it's just Carnelian drawing some cute Schwarz stuff; seeing that she had casually drew Muv-Luv characters before.
I sure hope she didn't give him some sauerkraut...
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 19:20   Link #1245
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
CARNELIAN's twicsy/twitter. It's a year old, it seems.
Man, she really ought to expand that into an entire doujin. Carnelian has had experience with fashion design when it comes to eroge illustration; I'd like to see what Irisdina would look like in a dirndl (Bavarian dress most often seen during Oktoberfest festivals) or other piece of traditional German clothing.

Quote:
I know what you mean. Shame âge suffered a crisis, otherwise they wouldn't have gone half-assed prude.
Was it a crisis of funding, a crisis of lacking enough talented staff, or something else? Wasn't Carnelian a founding member of age? Now that her own company ROOT is on indefinite hiatus, she should be able to contribute more. An 18+ TE VN with branching character routes and illustrated by her would be beyond awesome.

Quote:
I still cannot fathom why CARNELIAN hasn't done a doujinshi like this.
You're telling me; anyone looking through her CV will see that she likes to illustrate across the spectrum, with numerous BL and Yuri works illustrated by her.

Quote:
I was expecting you to make a joke about "sozialistisch sausage" or some such.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 00:28   Link #1246
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I'd rather see Irisdina in a proper evening gown. And Beatrix, for that matter.

>ib4 someone releasing Schwarz soundtrack, and their themes being remixed Bond songs.

Carnelian being a founding member of age does not necessarily mean that she has to work full-time for them; Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft, but he doesn't work for them anymore.

To be honest, I'd imagine that Carnelian would rather put in more effort to restart ROOT, which may be why she isn't really doing more Muv-Luv stuff.

This is all supposition of course, but a lot of people who start their business tend to be roughly similar, and they hate giving up on it. After all, there are some benefits to being your own boss. Or at least, one of the big shots.

As for age crisis:
From what I remember, it was a financial one. It took a real lot of money to finish Alternative, to the point Kouki had to sell his car and house, and people would sleep in the offices. Supposedly. But yeah, age has never done spectacularly well, and Muv-Luv merch is not really that common. To be fair though, Kouki is trying to not whore it out like Gundams, so there is that.

And VN sales don't amount to as much nowadays. 2ch can complain about foreigners pirating VNs, but the most VN piracy happens in Japan itself. Given that a single VN game can cost as much as several artbooks, or a high-quality figure, that's not really surprising.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 02:28   Link #1247
Sumeragi
Banned

NSFW
Schwester
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-10, 04:14   Link #1248
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- the only Sour Kraut in that pic would be Liz, I think.

Quote:
- Why hasn't it been done, though? You'd think that it'd beg if not Carnelian some other fans to draw this.

Speaking of which: Other than the proposed Schwarzemarken VN, anything else beign reported in the works or hinted at by Age?

Spoiler for Oh:

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-10-10 at 05:02.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 07:33   Link #1249
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Where is my Yuzuka in a wedding gown?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 07:40   Link #1250
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Where is my Yuzuka in a wedding gown?
-
Japanese or Western style wedding gown? No, seriously. Take your pic first.
Old 2013-10-10, 07:55   Link #1251
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

If it were me, I would choose Japanese style. After all, a sharing agreement with Ellen is inevitable.
Old 2013-10-10, 08:22   Link #1252
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
-
Japanese or Western style wedding gown? No, seriously. Take your pic first.
Both. No Hibiki thanks.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 12:27   Link #1253
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Make Beatrix wear black, it'd be the single most erotic thing to come from this franchise since the fortified suits.

{QUOTE=Alastor Mobius Toth]>ib4 someone releasing Schwarz soundtrack, and their themes being remixed Bond songs.[/QUOTE]
>inb4 they hire the guy who made the OST of Gasaraki
That would be godly.

Quote:
To be honest, I'd imagine that Carnelian would rather put in more effort to restart ROOT, which may be why she isn't really doing more Muv-Luv stuff.

This is all supposition of course, but a lot of people who start their business tend to be roughly similar, and they hate giving up on it. After all, there are some benefits to being your own boss. Or at least, one of the big shots.
Wasn't Root definitively shut down because of the earthquake?

Either way, an original franchise by CARNELIAN would be rad. A mecha series, her as character designer, Sonoda as mechanical designer. The result would be bloody awesome.

Quote:
To be fair though, Kouki is trying to not whore it out like Gundams, so there is that.
I don't know...the all-ages policy seems to be an attempt to pander the Gundam crowd.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:00   Link #1254
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
For some reason, that feels all the more illegal given that it's DDR.
Pardon me, what did you mean by that?

Quote:
You don't need to worry. Carnelian has made some pretty stunning formal wear for her characters before. One game you can see that at work in is a 2006 title by CLOVER named Quilt.

Quote:
Carnelian being a founding member of age does not necessarily mean that she has to work full-time for them; Bill Gates is the founder of Microsoft, but he doesn't work for them anymore.
I meant in the sense that she might still have influence there. I'm sure the fact that many of Kouki's recent decisions have proven questionable could mean that she might be able to sway some of the decision makers to her side. If Bill Gates showed up at Microsoft HQ tomorrow and said "You've got it all wrong; I will NOT let you run my former company into the ground!" I'm sure there'd be plenty who would listen to him, for instance. He might not be able to say "I am in command now!", but he must still have some pull, because there would be no Microsoft now if not for him.

Quote:
Well, one potentially critical flaw common to business starters is the conviction that what you're doing is right despite all contrary indications. This kind of stubbornness is useful when you're pulling through tough times, but it can be suicidal when you willingly blind yourself to the true effects of your actions on a business. Just go look at former gaming industry giant THQ--they changed their tune too late and have joined the infinite junk heap of failed businesses.

Quote:
As for age crisis:
From what I remember, it was a financial one. It took a real lot of money to finish Alternative, to the point Kouki had to sell his car and house, and people would sleep in the offices. Supposedly. But yeah, age has never done spectacularly well, and Muv-Luv merch is not really that common. To be fair though, Kouki is trying to not whore it out like Gundams, so there is that.
Anyone who can read the erogamescape ranking can see that MuvLuv: Alternative only placed 3rd, behind the newcomer White Album 2. It's high time Age changed their tactics. And besides, merchandising doesn't always have to be needless or crass like it has been for Gundam (hurry and buy your beam saber umbrellas!) or Neon Genesis Evangelion (come and buy our cheaply-made black stereo speakers labelled "SOUND ONLY" like the old Seele monoliths!). Those are ACTUAL merchandise items I've seen for those series, by the way.

For examples of better merchandise Age could sell, where are the Schwarzesmarken character figures? I'm sure those would be big sellers. As I'm fond of saying, a TE VN with multiple character routes would be a great seller. So would fandiscs or one-shot mangas illustrated by artists like Tasuku Iizuki.

Quote:
And VN sales don't amount to as much nowadays. 2ch can complain about foreigners pirating VNs, but the most VN piracy happens in Japan itself. Given that a single VN game can cost as much as several artbooks, or a high-quality figure, that's not really surprising.
And here I was thinking that figures were the major wallet slayers. Then again, if otaku can afford to stock their rooms with shelves upon shelves of those things, why can't they hold off on a few of them to help support VN companies? Is there a Japanese equivalent to the Steam digital distribution network to deter VN piracy?

Quote:
Make Beatrix wear black, it'd be the single most erotic thing to come from this franchise since the fortified suits.
It's not quite formal wear, but you should try this one.

Quote:
Wasn't Root definitively shut down because of the earthquake?
You'd have to tell me. Did ROOT lose too many key staff members due to the earthquake or something?

Quote:
Either way, an original franchise by CARNELIAN would be rad. A mecha series, her as character designer, Sonoda as mechanical designer. The result would be bloody awesome.
You can say that again. Then again, I think she was trying to make original franchises with her previous titles Touka Gettan and Para-Sol. Those didn't work out, last I heard.

Quote:
I don't know...the all-ages policy seems to be an attempt to pander the Gundam crowd.
It's time Age moved away from the all-ages distinction, frankly. That is one reason people play 18+ VNs, right? To read less-censored stories with high-quality anime art than we'd get through mainstream anime or games?

I suppose right now, if an 18+ VN were made of TE, the most they could do would be to provide h-scenes with Cryska or Latrova--both those characters' seiyuus have made (censored) noises before for eroge. The other significant characters' seiyuus to my knowledge haven't, and I doubt very much they could be persuaded now.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:07   Link #1255
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Pardon me, what did you mean by that?
Regulation of sex in a communist country.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:37   Link #1256
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

>Virtual distribution

>Japan

Hahahahahaha, no.
Just no.

The upper manager strata would have to die off first.

Also, as for "all ages" debacle, it's important to remember that it started with Alternative all-ages version, which was a result of fans being disturbed by gore and rape in the game. No, I'm not making stuff up. Before all-ages, they also released the patch to remove the (human) gore too.

So, in a way they're actually listening to fans here.

Also, I'm not sure Schwarz characters would sell. Mecha things are generally niche now in Japan, and Muv-Luv is an already niche mecha series. It has almost literally no commercial punch, other than the high rankings its VNs usually get.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 09:08   Link #1257
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Well, BISHOP made an online release of Ura Kyoushi along with physical hardware release, so there's that.
Old 2013-10-15, 08:18   Link #1258
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Someone know where to get a better quality image of this? Bascially Yui-chan drawn Tunasima Sirou style...
Old 2013-10-15, 14:28   Link #1259
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Someone know where to get a better quality image of this? Bascially Yui-chan drawn Tunasima Sirou style...
]
Here you go.

Old 2013-10-15, 17:47   Link #1260
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Regulation of sex in a communist country.
I see; guess it wasn't just for the novel 1984 after all.

Quote:
>Virtual distribution

The upper manager strata would have to die off first.
What, seeing the money that Valve's Steam service makes isn't enough to sway them? What about the anti-piracy measures it contains? And aren't there already some Japanese digital distribution services like the DMM website?

Quote:
Also, as for "all ages" debacle, it's important to remember that it started with Alternative all-ages version, which was a result of fans being disturbed by gore and rape in the game. No, I'm not making stuff up. Before all-ages, they also released the patch to remove the (human) gore too.
Really, now. How does that explain the rise of Innocent Grey, one of the most prominent (but by no means the only) eroge developers to regularly give its characters bloody and brutal demises? Tastes have definitely changed by now, and that still doesn't explain the removal of h-material (which I'm sure fans would still love to pay for).

Quote:
Also, I'm not sure Schwarz characters would sell. Mecha things are generally niche now in Japan, and Muv-Luv is an already niche mecha series. It has almost literally no commercial punch, other than the high rankings its VNs usually get.
So-called "Type B" fans love well-designed characters regardless of their other qualities, and Carnelian's characters are nothing if not well-designed.

Tags
fanart, image