AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 5 15.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 18.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 21.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-20, 13:14   Link #1
4Tran

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valkyria Chronicles, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-06-20, 16:55   Link #2
Runty

Found the episode. Concludes the Cordelia kidnapping two-part episodes.
Spoiler for Episode 12:
This episode had a lot more talking than I imagined. Still, it had enough excitement to be really good.
Spoiler for Next Episode:
Dang... the preview cut off before it finished...
Old 2009-06-20, 17:04   Link #3
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Spoiler for Next Episode:
omg....
Spoiler:

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-06-20 at 17:32.
Old 2009-06-20, 19:05   Link #4
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Found the episode. Concludes the Cordelia kidnapping two-part episodes.
Since you asked, I will provide a few key points.

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Spoiler for Answer:

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Spoiler for Answer:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-06-20, 19:19   Link #5
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep12:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-06-20, 21:47   Link #6
ThoHell

Welkin's attitude was amusing at first but now it has really grown old.

I like Kana, I mean Alicia, and I hope that idiot Welkin will mature some to not cause Alicia unneeded drama. Yeah, I'm going for the whole Alicia X Welkin thing, not the Alicia X Faldio. It's so much more amusing when Alicia and Welkins are together and interacting! Currently one is a one sided love and the other is a yet to be self realized love... hmm...

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-06-20 at 23:07.
Old 2009-06-21, 04:13   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep12:
Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2009-06-21, 05:58   Link #8
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Whew what an episode. A bit disappointed they only showed Selvaria glowing... what about the beat down! Can Selvaria even fight without her sword?

And zomgz, bombshell from Faldio. Dun Dun Dun

@Runty, to answer your questions.
Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 12:
Spoiler for Answers:

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Old 2009-06-21, 08:06   Link #9
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-21, 08:46   Link #10
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Spoiler for Answers:

Ah, you are not giving him a complete answer. The key point here is that both Welkin and Alicia shared a mutual feeling that allowed them to sync their actions, in which Faldio wondered if it was trust or something else between them.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-06-21, 18:12   Link #11
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Ooh LOVE TRIANGLE. XD Anything with a Faldio is a ten. The bright side to all this is that Welkin's woodlike dense head will finally get a rocking. He annoyed me at first but now Welkin's awkward facial expressions are starting to look amusing. Must see more.
Old 2009-06-21, 18:20   Link #12
Tak

Valkyria anime seems to repeat a misconception found in many media of its kind. Many anime seem to suppose that if you are operating firearm, you can easily target your victim's limbs and easily avoid a deathblow even in the most compromising of situations.

Problem is, anybody who fired a gun before knows that its next to impossible to do. Nor is it ever the first thing that comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
Ooh LOVE TRIANGLE. XD Anything with a Faldio is a ten. The bright side to all this is that Welkin's woodlike dense head will finally get a rocking. He annoyed me at first but now Welkin's awkward facial expressions are starting to look amusing. Must see more.
I must say, your logic is very amusing. Very amusing indeed. Somehow I get the feeling that if Faldio was female, you'd probably hate the character.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-06-21 at 19:33.
Old 2009-06-21, 20:50   Link #13
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Valkyria anime seems to repeat a misconception found in many media of its kind. Many anime seem to suppose that if you are operating firearm, you can easily target your victim's limbs and easily avoid a deathblow even in the most compromising of situations.

Problem is, anybody who fired a gun before knows that its next to impossible to do. Nor is it ever the first thing that comes to mind.
- Tak
Limb? Pretty sure he hit the guy in the shoulder (right) but you're just talking about shooting a guy in general and that there's always a chance that it's a deathblow?
Old 2009-06-21, 21:39   Link #14
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Limb? Pretty sure he hit the guy in the shoulder (right) but you're just talking about shooting a guy in general and that there's always a chance that it's a deathblow?
Allow me to clarify, I am saying in many anime, it would not appear to be difficult to merely disable an individual through the use of firearms even under stress, and not actually outright killing the victim.

Many shows have depicted scenarios where characters fired guns at a target only to disable the victim's hands in order to disarm them, or to merely remove the weapon from the said victim's grasp. As someone experienced with firearms, I must say, such perfect aim is just not possible, especially under stress. That is, unless you are Rip Van Winkle. Though last time I checked, Welkin is only human.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-06-21 at 21:52.
Old 2009-06-21, 22:16   Link #15
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Firing to disarm is not impossible, but it's a gift which few can master.

Also, Rip Van Winkle's musket is magical.
Old 2009-06-21, 22:24   Link #16
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Firing to disarm is not impossible, but it's a gift which few can master.
I hate to burst your bubble, but what you are proposing is not exactly a gift I'd consider wanting to have. Sure, it is very possible, give me 30 seconds of a standstill and I can pop a weapon off an operator. But I will tell you this, disarming a victim is definitely not the first thing to ever cross my mind when I am operating a firearm, let alone the situation being one where I am under stress. No sir, I aim to kill. My victim's survivability is the lowest of my priorities.

And ask yourself this, when was the last time you heard a police officer who deliberately shot a weapon off a criminal?

Quote:
Also, Rip Van Winkle's musket is magical.
And one only she can operate. So again, unless you are her, you are not going to have pinpoint accuracy.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-06-21 at 22:41.
Old 2009-06-21, 22:42   Link #17
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

In Singapore, firing off shots means writing reports the length of the Golden Gate Bridge. Hence, most of our officers just don't bother. Tasers are more frequently used. Also, I guess Singaporean law is unique in the sense that if you're convicted of discharging a firearm with intention to wound or kill, you're going to be hanged.
Old 2009-06-22, 00:18   Link #18
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Question though...

Any incident with Singaporean law enforcers where taser weapons brought controversy like what happened in other parts of the world?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-06-22, 01:23   Link #19
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I'm not aware of any incident where the Taser caused a death. So, I think the weapon is relatively fuss-free over here.
Old 2009-06-22, 10:57   Link #20
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Well, I'm not aware of any incident where the Taser caused a death. So, I think the weapon is relatively fuss-free over here.
Well, throughout the world there have been plenty of deaths caused by the use of electro-shock equipment in police work. Taser blasts can have the potential to impair breathing and respiration. Some other safety issues regarding tasers are that it can cause heart attacks in certain subjects and can cause risks in someone who is in a state of excited delirium.

Tasers and other electro-shock weapons can be dangerous to use on people with certain medical conditions, but since police officers typically don't know about a person's medical history, there is a risk of death with virtually any suspect.
Closed Thread