AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-13, 14:47   Link #1
Zilance

Kieli

Hey has anyone else read this manga it's basically about a girl who travels on a trip with a immortal which the church wants killed and she sees ghosts and tries to help them move on kinda she doesn't really try too hard.
Old 2010-08-14, 04:36   Link #2
NeoSam

Its a shoujo manga adaptation of a shounen(boy's) light novel series...

Someone recommended the light novel series to me a long time ago, I'll probably check it out someday... as to the shoujo manga adaptation of it, I'm not so interested.
Old 2010-08-14, 08:27   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The manga is actually a good read, plus it's only two volumes, so you won't be wasting that much of your time.

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on the novel though.
Old 2010-08-14, 08:40   Link #4
Zilance

Yeah it was a really good read I only found out it was shoujo months after i read both volumes.

nice read. highly recommend it. i am trying to get ahold of the light novels currently.
Old 2010-08-14, 14:50   Link #5
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I found the first manga at my library a year ago and liked it and then tried the light novels after I found out about them. I think the two manga volumes cover the first light novel volume and it's licensed by Yen Press in the US with two volumes out so far. I've got a copy of the first LN and liked that a lot, the second one is pretty high on my to-purchase list, although it's been a while since I read the first one so I'm blurry on the details now.
Old 2010-08-14, 16:58   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

First two novels have already been released by Yen Press, with the third being released next month. I'll probably wait and get all three and once, and then do a marathon.

May just re-read the manga before hand.
Old 2010-08-14, 18:43   Link #7
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Haven't read the manga but I have vol 1 of the novel on my shelf. I'm not that far into it though.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-08-14, 22:10   Link #8
Falkor

the manga is ok/interesting, though a bit too short with only two volumes. haven't read the novel, yet...

it piqued my interest/curiosity when I discovered that KABEI Yukako was the author of this work. I came to know her through the manga adaptation of her other light novel series: Torikagoshou no Kyou mo Nemutai Juunintachi (The Sleepy Residents of Birdcage Manor)---see here. haven't read the novel in either case, but I thought I should mention this. by the way, I think the author is currently working on another series.
Old 2010-08-18, 18:37   Link #9
LKK

Just learned about this thread, thanks to Manju for the heads up.

I love the Kieli novels and the manga. Yen Plus ran the first 3 chapters of novel 1 in its magazine. By the end of the third chapter, I couldn't get it out of my mind and had to buy the novel. Loved the novel so much that I bought the manga just to have the story in a visual form. Of the Yen Plus light novels that I'm following, Kieli is my favorite. (I realize that for Holo-lovers and Haruhi-devotees that's probably heresy. But what I can say? ) I'm really looking forward to the next book due out in September.

The Yen Press site says that there are at least 9 novels in the series. Last time I checked Amazon Japan, there were 9 novels listed as well. But I wonder, does anyone know if the series really is finished at 9 novels?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-08-19, 04:49   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The Yen Press site says that there are at least 9 novels in the series. Last time I checked Amazon Japan, there were 9 novels listed as well. But I wonder, does anyone know if the series really is finished at 9 novels?
Most information sites i go on say 9 in total, so it probably is.

Thanks for your great comments on the novel though, because i plan to preorder the first book this weekend.
Old 2010-09-21, 15:47   Link #11
LKK

I picked up Kieli 3 this afternoon. Looking forward to reading it soon. The first color pic of Harvey is

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Closed Thread