Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-21, 04:15   Link #581
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
so with this, we can say that kirino is showing/developing some level of intimacy and affection towards kyousuke.
The question is exactly what kind of intimacy and affection, right?

I seriously think some of us are trying to read too much into this...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 04:22   Link #582
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
that would be interesting to know. but at this moment, it's pretty much anybody's guess. but at least, we know the old cold sibling relationship is warming up.

Quote:
haha, well you might call something like that if you insist. but why would the author place that anyway? filler dialogue? filler scene? filler illustration?
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 07:36   Link #583
ClowRead

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
do chapter 3 and ask Flere or Undertaker to do chapter 4

@ClowRead answers in bold

Though, almost everything is part of her plans, she is not acting with regards to her feelings for Kyousuke.

Thanks you for clearing my doubt, i can't sleep without confirm those two feeling. (for Kirino, i'm quiet sure what she's thinking. Well, she's just tsundere little sister ,right? )
ClowRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 09:38   Link #584
larethian

Sorry, I read too fast and misread something trivial.
Spoiler for correction for chapter 4:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 10:36   Link #585
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:

It goes both ways with anything that involves relationship shipping. The Ruri branch is in utter denial trying to scrape up any kind of reasoning to keep their ship from sinking. while the Kirino ship is probably building a larger sail than they should.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 10:43   Link #586
larethian

this is a real easy question. if everyone who has read the LN thinks that this is not going down the Kirino route (in the romantic sense), then the answer is an obvious one, isn't it? so, question to ask, anyone who has read the LN, and not just basing on summaries or second-hand information, is from Kirino faction? please sound out. =)
Old 2011-05-21, 12:10   Link #587
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It goes both ways with anything that involves relationship shipping. The Ruri branch is in utter denial trying to scrape up any kind of reasoning to keep their ship from sinking. while the Kirino ship is probably building a larger sail than they should.
that's exactly the problem to most (not all) ultrafascist shippers. one refuses to see/acknowledge the light or evidence of development of another character other than what they want to believe.

one is free to air his sentiments (since this is supposedly a discussion thread), but it's seemingly unfair to shot down one's observations by tagging it simply by thinking too much because it threatens one's favorite shipping. what is exactly to be 'too much'? what is there to be considered 'enough'?

and back to name addressing and intimacy, when kuro called kyou as 'sempai' for the first time somewhere in vol 4, was that placed by the author for nothing? are we thinking too much to expect some changes in the relationship between the two? remember, she initially calls him 'oniisan' generally like as a sibling, but what 'sempai' would imply? would it be too much to think that she considers him to be a potential love interest? well, vol 7 and 8 prove that to be true.

well, it's anybody's ball game really. nothing (yet) seems to absolutely point out singly to a specific girl. and are there only two factions recognized? how about ayase and manami? especially ayase, kyou expressed desire to have her as a girlfriend if only the circumstances were different. and even manami observed that kyou has a liking for ayase. and considering the psp game, only ayase was shown pregnant? except for the latter one (psp game), i think the author placed it there for a purpose and it's still too early to conclude a specific end. but that would not stop us from hoping, right?
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 12:23   Link #588
larethian

this is because of absence of knowledge on the nuances in plot development and character behavior that the LN readers are privileged to understand. in fact, many a times in the afterword, the author has indicated over and over again that this story's theme is 兄妹 << siblings >>, and will not change even from now. it's possible that Kyousuke ends up with no one, remaining as a siscon; this is what I dubbed the Kirino end, but not the romantic kind. so to me, a romantic development between Kyousuke and Kirino is not even a point for discussion.
Old 2011-05-21, 12:26   Link #589
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The best way really is to remain open minded to all present possibilities. Being rampant will just make things much more difficult when things don't turn out the way you want them. i.e. the ripping and burning of reading materials...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 18:52   Link #590
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
I'd suggest reading the novels before you actually say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigan View Post
haha, well you might call something like that if you insist. but why would the author place that anyway? filler dialogue? filler scene? filler illustration?
Because it fit, given the context? It's not like she just called him "Kyousuke" out of the blue.

Quote:
so, question to ask, anyone who has read the LN, and not just basing on summaries or second-hand information, is from Kirino faction? please sound out. =)
None of us here, it seems (how many of us are there anyway?) but I think there are one/two on another forum.

Quote:
this is because of absence of knowledge on the nuances in plot development and character behavior that the LN readers are privileged to understand. in fact, many a times in the afterword, the author has indicated over and over again that this story's theme is 兄妹 << siblings >>, and will not change even from now. it's possible that Kyousuke ends up with no one, remaining as a siscon; this is what I dubbed the Kirino end, but not the romantic kind. so to me, a romantic development between Kyousuke and Kirino is not even a point for discussion.
Totally agree with your interpretation here.
Spoiler for just in case:

Quote:
i.e. the ripping and burning of reading materials...
Although that person stuck it back together once (s)he actually read #8...

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-05-21, 19:02   Link #591
Maugomale

Quote:
The best way really is to remain open minded to all present possibilities. Being rampant will just make things much more difficult when things don't turn out the way you want them. i.e. the ripping and burning of reading materials...
Agreed. The author seems to have a thing for surprising the readers, so I don't think we can rule out any of the possible endings yet, especially a Kirino one, which people seem to insist on denying the possibility of it happening.
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 21:54   Link #592
Flere821
Lurker

Ch2 in Chinese is out... and really, the atmosphere between Kuroneko (KN) and Kyousuke is so sweet it's sickening :P

And just to add something (unimportant) I think wasn't mentioned in the summary:
Spoiler:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 23:59   Link #593
sleepingleo

Just for the record. Did Kyo ever, in all the volume, at least once, called Kuroneko by her name? Or even in his thoughts and not aloud, did he ever called her Ruri?
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 00:01   Link #594
larethian

no he didn't, though he did play with the thought when Ruri's sisters asked him about it.
Old 2011-05-22, 01:41   Link #595
sleepingleo

-_- This might become a, micro if you wish, but an issue if you wish. Kyo calls EVERY other girl by her name, Kirino (well, that's a given), Ayase (even if she ''hates'' him), Manami (also a given), Saori (even knowing her real face he still calls her Saori), hell, he even calls Sena, Sena. I dont know how he calls Kanako though (Kanakana-chan? lol). The way KN always tries to find symbolism in everything, eventually she might feel a little bit excluded, since she has started to call Kyo by his name but he doesnt.

In the anime(dont know if the novels is exactly alike) Kyo asks KN to call her by her nickname only because he is used to, but damn man, that was at the beggining, at least call your girlfriend by her name, in worst case scenario, at least using -san honorific, <_<

*sigh*
Old 2011-05-22, 02:05   Link #596
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
-_- This might become a, micro if you wish, but an issue if you wish. Kyo calls EVERY other girl by her name, Kirino (well, that's a given), Ayase (even if she ''hates'' him), Manami (also a given), Saori (even knowing her real face he still calls her Saori), hell, he even calls Sena, Sena. I dont know how he calls Kanako though (Kanakana-chan? lol). The way KN always tries to find symbolism in everything, eventually she might feel a little bit excluded, since she has started to call Kyo by his name but he doesnt.

In the anime(dont know if the novels is exactly alike) Kyo asks KN to call her by her nickname only because he is used to, but damn man, that was at the beggining, at least call your girlfriend by her name, in worst case scenario, at least using -san honorific, <_<

*sigh*
He's been calling her Kuroneko for about a year before he even learned her actual name wasn't he? Then she told him it was fine to keep calling her that so really it's hard to break a habit like that.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 02:17   Link #597
sleepingleo

Well, I dont think it was that easy for Ruri to break her habit of calling him "anata" or "Nii-san" but she did started little by little calling him by his name. I just think Kyo should do (or more like should have done, at this point of time) the same, at least when they were alone. Meh, im just as i've said over and over, a die-hard fan of KNxKyo. lolz
Old 2011-05-22, 03:37   Link #598
zeko

Spoiler for chapter:
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 03:44   Link #599
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko View Post
Spoiler for chapter:
Er...why would they mention the new manga, which exists in our world, in the fictional world where Kyousuke et al exist??

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2011-05-22, 06:49   Link #600
zeko

Quote:
Er...why would they mention the new manga, which exists in our world, in the fictional world where Kyousuke et al exist??
no, i am talking about outside the novel like a side note or something like that in the novel.
Spoiler:
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings