AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-01, 16:19   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Good start. I read a bit of the manga and was taken with it -- particularly with Kagari-san. The big, strong, kindly, commanding, soft-voiced, nice-smelling, huge-breasted witch. This is not a fetish I would normally go for, but this story does it so well that it works. I think the fetish -- plus the fighting -- is what makes this story go. And so far the anime seems to have got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I wonder why the anime staff chose Asami Seto to play Ayaka. IMO her voice doesn't fit stoic emotionless, characters very well. Or maybe I'm so used to her being cast as plucky, hyper-energetic characters so it sounded forced to me. Oh well....
I think Seto Asami is an outstanding young seiyuu who can do just about anything. I thought she was great as Chihaya in Chihayafuru. I think she was also good in episode one here. She's a big person with lots of power in her voice. The stoic voice had little hints of colour through it, I thought. And the character gave the same feeling I got from the manga.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 16:41   Link #42
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

That was a pretty good first episode if I do say so myself, I was entertained the entire way through and the action was great to watch I'm liking the main characters at the moment, Honoka is what you would expect since he's the on being protected, rather useless and always in trouble, but he isn't exactly bad, in fact, he's rather good at being that character haha Compared to similar characters from different anime, he isn't even close to being annoying. he's more enjoyable actually

Kagari Ayaka is amazing 0.o She does actually seem to have a personality and emotions, she just doesn't show them very often, but when she does, the result is worth it haha.
Old 2014-01-01, 16:56   Link #43
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
19 chapters in and.........
even if I want to answer you I cant since it's forbidding to talk about manga spoiler that didn't show up yet in anime even if it was behind spoiler tag so it's better to edit your post

Images
witch hunt
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 17:14   Link #44
Tenzen12

I LoLed through whole that ending

I have tendences drop animes when I read manga as well, but this look like one of few exceptions.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-01-01 at 17:25.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 17:38   Link #45
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I wonder why the anime staff chose Asami Seto to play Ayaka. IMO her voice doesn't fit stoic emotionless, characters very well. Or maybe I'm so used to her being cast as plucky, hyper-energetic characters so it sounded forced to me. Oh well. The first episode was an OK introduction; things flew by so fast it was hard to care about much.
But she played couple of stoic characters. IMHO she did a great job as Rin in Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu and Lan in Rinne no Lagrange was quite stoic type(although not as stoic of cause).
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 22:43   Link #46
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Not to bad of a start but must say there soming one else who pulled a Nagato
Old 2014-01-01, 22:44   Link #47
GundamZZ
残念美人

I heard the show is about a older sister type and her under class admirer. They show it as the difference of their body heights. Maybe it can be classified as another type of moe.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 23:43   Link #48
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I heard the show is about a older sister type and her under class admirer. They show it as the difference of their body heights. Maybe it can be classified as another type of moe.
Where did you read that?!? I'll admit even the manga started out a little slap stick with the cat tower witches but it takes a rather dramatic turn and shit gets real in future chapters..

I'm a big fan of this manga and i'm glad they seem to be going in parallel and this story is just getting better and better as the manga develops.
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 00:49   Link #49
Razdent

Yeah, not really sure where these weird descriptions are coming from. The only character description I've agreed with is people saying that Kagari somewhat behaves like Mikasa from Attack On Titan. Anyway, the second episode airs on 1/12 right?
Razdent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 02:22   Link #50
Flolan

Well that was a lot of fun. Especially since tall girl-shorter guy is my fetish

Oh and not forgetting the warrior bunnies! And that superb ending! Gonna be following this for sure..
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 03:22   Link #51
Oracle.

I thought it was pretty good for the most part the only thing that turned me off was the weird bunny things.

The rest of the the witches look interesting enough so ill keep watching for now.
Oracle. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 04:43   Link #52
forcerounds

I actually liked the bunny robots. They are likely to be the best element of what is to be a mediocre CGI festival.

I also liked the ending, so I'm going to give this show a shot.
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 06:16   Link #53
Dop
Mmmm....

That was great fun, I have to admit I was massively amused when Kagari retied Honoka's tie like it was a ribbon, partly because he left it like that and mostly because it was a big parody of the classic Marimite straightening the collar scene.

Did like the killer bunny robots, too.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 07:34   Link #54
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I officially declare that this anime is created by a genius.

The plot is beyond unique. The characters' are beyond the usual. The humor is beyond normal.

Mahou shoujo supposed to be short, pink and cute but she is tall, tomboy and hunky. Awesome. The good thing is she's obviously very STRAIGHT. I totally raised a thumb for that.

The ED is very funny. Awesome anime.^^

Oh, why is a Neko witch summoning metal Rabbit? >_>

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2014-01-02 at 16:22.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 08:18   Link #55
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh God...that ED is hilarious!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 08:54   Link #56
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

there take on obama care is extreme

- Guy Incognito 2014
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 12:59   Link #57
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Not a bad start, it's pretty faithful to the manga too which is nice. They did blaze through some of the material though, the school scenes in particular flash by.

But they screwed up, really bad. Kagari isn't on fire, she is fire. While the staff managed to do a decent job of adapting the look of the characters, they seem to be ignoring one of the big strengths of the manga, which is the little details of the art.

Here's an example:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-01-02, 13:43   Link #58
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...yes, YES! Thank you Solace! That was one of my major gripes - one that would have taken a unique technique in CG animation to pull off, along with traditional animation. Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle is a good example of what I would have liked to see in regards to Kagari being on fire. That and her little fire daemons were awesome too.
Like how they animated the slugfest between the two rabbits, they could do a lot of the same with her fire daemons being animated and 'alive' when she's like that. Missed Moment of Awesome-ness.

But... at this point, it's almost a moot point.

And on that note, "May all your bacon burn".
Old 2014-01-02, 16:48   Link #59
Anime299

A nice little touch I noticed was that: She's more popular than he, she's taller, she's stronger, she has more talent, and she is his protector, but she also insists that he walk at her side, rather than taking a servile position. Nice. I look forward to seeing even the slightest hint of a smile break through. It would be like sun breaking though clouds... Just sayin'
Anime299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 17:07   Link #60
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime299 View Post
A nice little touch I noticed was that: She's more popular than he, she's taller, she's stronger, she has more talent, and she is his protector, but she also insists that he walk at her side, rather than taking a servile position. Nice. I look forward to seeing even the slightest hint of a smile break through. It would be like sun breaking though clouds... Just sayin'

I'm gonna re-read the manga again.. but..honestly... I can't remember if she does actually smile..... and actually....
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, witches