AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-06, 17:27   Link #1321
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait wait wait, What is going on again?

There seem to be 2-3 conversions going on at once

@Anh_Minh

But I thought Nanoha was saying that to Teana during that heart to heart talk?
Old 2007-06-06, 17:38   Link #1322
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Chaos: uh, let's see...

Someone was arguing that Nanoha was trying to show Subaru what a proper ranged attack was like. And using the conversation as evidence. I said both the demonstration and talk were aimed at Teana. And then someone said Subaru knew it was bad tactics, but went along with it to support Teana, but I said, "no, she thought it was good, if only because Teana thought so."
Old 2007-06-06, 17:45   Link #1323
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
I think Nanoha told Subaru to watch so she wouldn't try the same stunt Teana did...kind of like a warning

"If you do something like that, this will happen to you too." - if you put it in words.
you mean if subaru tried to whack nanoha with a sneak attack nanoha would give her some knuckles back? i dont think so...you are thinking a bit too deep there as the line wasnt directed at subaru...and why would she talk behind someone back in the first place? (remember subaru is hiding from nanoha :3)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-06, 17:54   Link #1324
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Chaos: uh, let's see...

Someone was arguing that Nanoha was trying to show Subaru what a proper ranged attack was like. And using the conversation as evidence. I said both the demonstration and talk were aimed at Teana.
Well, Nanoha didn't know that Subaru was there, so yeah...

(Maybe she's psychic and can read minds!)

Quote:
And then someone said Subaru knew it was bad tactics, but went along with it to support Teana, but I said, "no, she thought it was good, if only because Teana thought so."
Actually I think it was, "Nanoha-san would understand! "
Old 2007-06-06, 18:00   Link #1325
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually I think it was, "Nanoha-san would understand! "
Right, Subaru thought that if they showed results, then Nanoha wouldn't be angry at them, because Nanoha is a kind person.

But...going "dead serious" in a mock battle is crazy, no doubt about it.
Old 2007-06-06, 18:03   Link #1326
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quoted from a blog.

"Lawl at Nanoha though, she’s can’t fathom the idea of someone not liking her, she looked so desperate pleading to Teana as Vita struggled to drag her back into the cargo bay XD"

I agree. Nanoha will get desperate at anyone that doesn't become her friend.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-06-06, 18:32   Link #1327
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

She'll get desperate at anyone displaying self-destructive tendencies.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:25   Link #1328
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

No, as silly at it sounds I think blitz1/2 is right,
But more on the lines someone with "lonely eyes".
Old 2007-06-07, 02:36   Link #1329
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nanoha is OVERLY kind-hearted, so I doubt there's any specific requirements needed to warrant her attention.
Old 2007-06-07, 02:42   Link #1330
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Nanoha was always overly kind-hearted...i wonder if its the same with Fate and Hayate also...but what Signum told Nanoha was true about spoiling other subordinates to listen out to their problem stories, the more you listen, the more you are spoiling that person just by understanding that problem...
I think Nanoha's overly Kind-heartedness might become her downfall when these "loli clones" begin their attack on TSAB...

and yea, it was funny watching Vita try to drag Nanoha back into the cargo bay of the helicopter...
Old 2007-06-07, 02:49   Link #1331
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Nanoha was always overly kind-hearted...i wonder if its the same with Fate and Hayate also...but what Signum told Nanoha was true about spoiling other subordinates to listen out to their problem stories, the more you listen, the more you are spoiling that person just by understanding that problem...
I think Nanoha's overly Kind-heartedness might become her downfall when these "loli clones" begin their attack on TSAB...

and yea, it was funny watching Vita try to drag Nanoha back into the cargo bay of the helicopter...
Now now, we don't even know if it's a loli army to begin with

Also, I'm sure being in TSAB for 10 years would have 'harden' her at least combat-wise...
Old 2007-06-07, 02:54   Link #1332
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

on another thought, Nanoha's injuries after the aftermath of that ambush attack...it looked really painful watching Nanoha try to recover...i'm wondering if all of those injuries still carry on until now, since there have been some hints about Nanoha's health...
plus being attacked like that and at an age of 11...I'm amazed that she recovered, even when all the doctors did mention that she wasn't even going to fly or walk anymore...

but this makes me wonder...since her body must have become a little fragile from that ambush until now, I wonder if she still can take the stress that Excellion mode produces, especially with the cartridges...Signum said it herself in this episode about "the un-reliable cartridge system"...

and about the Loli army, i'm just speculating...with all these mysterious Loli's coming about in episode 10...we might get two more in episode 11 resembling somebody in RF6...I'm beginning to think that Scaglietti is far more ahead in planning than what RF6 thinks....
Old 2007-06-07, 03:01   Link #1333
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
on another thought, Nanoha's injuries after the aftermath of that ambush attack...it looked really painful watching Nanoha try to recover...i'm wondering if all of those injuries still carry on until now, since there have been some hints about Nanoha's health...
THAT WAS what the hint was about !

It's probably for people who had never seen the manga before.

Once again, that injury happened several years ago... There were no physical scarrings and if she has been restricting herself ever since then, there should be no risk of having to stress out again.

Quote:
but this makes me wonder...since her body must have become a little fragile from that ambush until now, I wonder if she still can take the stress that Excellion mode produces, especially with the cartridges...Signum said it herself in this episode about "the un-reliable cartridge system"...
It was un-reliable then.

And like I've said, as long as she restrain herself...

Quote:
and about the Loli army, i'm just speculating...with all these mysterious Loli's coming about in episode 10...we might get two more in episode 11 resembling somebody in RF6...I'm beginning to think that Scaglietti is far more ahead in planning than what RF6 thinks....
Well, that's usually the case with most villains
Old 2007-06-07, 03:12   Link #1334
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

that is true, its what most villains in any anime show always end up doing...the good guys are all "we've figured him out already, so they're no threat." but then the enemy goes and surprises them with something that they weren't expecting...and thats when it all crashes down, they get defeated badly, gets upgrades, second round of battle, win, and then boss fight, and then end!

hahahahha...too predictable, or can the writers come up with something more clever than this??
Scaglietti is a doctor, he has clients, his clients must have info about RF6 someway or somehow, exchange of info for capturing Relics for this client...

Quote:
THAT WAS what the hint was about!

It's probably for people who had never seen the manga before.

Once again, that injury happened several years ago... There were no physical scarrings and if she has been restricting herself ever since then, there should be no risk of having to stress out again.
unless these unexpected Lolis prove to be a force to be reckon with and thus Nanoha will have to resort to over using cartridges again...and then stressing herself out again.
maybe Scaglietti knows this fact also??
about Nanoha's incident and that she could have limits?

and about the cartridge system, i need to re-watch A's about how unreliable it is...
Old 2007-06-07, 03:17   Link #1335
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Do we know she's not scarred? We haven't seen her naked except in fanart, have we?

Also, the injuries didn't keep her from passing the S+ qualification test, so they can't have left too many sequels. Though Vita and Fate do seem worried still...

I have to ask, though. The trainees immediately saw that that much magic usage wouldn't come without cost. Why didn't the TSAB sit her down and tell her? Why didn't they ground her for a few months, long enough for her to recover?
Old 2007-06-07, 03:22   Link #1336
Skane
Anime Snark

The lack of information goes both ways. Scaggy doesn't know that Fate and Nanoha have limiters, nor does he really know about their Rank-S+ spells and such. Even worse, he doesn't know about the "Rank-SS Bomb" that is Hayate, since Hayate has been limited to Rank-A.

That's basically like (to use a bad analogy)... a LTC acting like a 2nd Lieutenant...

Natch.
Old 2007-06-07, 03:30   Link #1337
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Do we know she's not scarred? We haven't seen her naked except in fanart, have we?
Episode 5.

Nuff said

Quote:
Also, the injuries didn't keep her from passing the S+ qualification test, so they can't have left too many sequels. Though Vita and Fate do seem worried still...
It's understandable that they're worried.

THey're both pretty close to her.

Quote:
I have to ask, though. The trainees immediately saw that that much magic usage wouldn't come without cost. Why didn't the TSAB sit her down and tell her? Why didn't they ground her for a few months, long enough for her to recover?
Huh? What are you refering to?
Old 2007-06-07, 03:44   Link #1338
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Huh? What are you refering to?
High-powerd attacks like Starlight Breaker and Excellion Mode put the body through a lot of stress, acording to what Caro said, then confirmed by Signum when she mentioned Excellion Mode.

Nanoha being a workaholic, she wouldn't be able to sit still, and would probably train while she was grounded
Old 2007-06-07, 03:48   Link #1339
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Oh, right. How could I forget about ep5?

And what I meant is that, as soon as the trainees saw some footage of Nanoha, they knew it'd put a big strain on her body. Why didn't everyone at the TSAB see it too, when it happened, back when it could have done some good? Why didn't medical check up detect it? They should have made Nanoha (and Fate, too, for that matter) take a long rest.
Old 2007-06-07, 04:03   Link #1340
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Oh, right. How could I forget about ep5?
It happens

Quote:
And what I meant is that, as soon as the trainees saw some footage of Nanoha, they knew it'd put a big strain on her body. Why didn't everyone at the TSAB see it too, when it happened, back when it could have done some good? Why didn't medical check up detect it? They should have made Nanoha (and Fate, too, for that matter) take a long rest.
They did, Chrono had complained several times that she was very reckless with her actions.

My guess is that they were too understaffed to afford to take any of their people off... Especially powerful mages like her.

Also, Nanoha wasn't exactly showing very obvious signs of stress, so they probably figure that she could cope.
Closed Thread